Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Will our Alter Bridge be able to pull a Velvet Revolver? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Will our Alter Bridge be able to pull a Velvet Revolver?

revisfoot
08-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Velvet Revolver's album was #1 in it's first week of release. Will our boys pull that off as well? I think it will happen, but, if not, they'll definetly climb to that top spot. Their songs are so awesome, and the word of mouth will get around! I guess we'll just wait and see!

cariocawlad
08-12-2004, 09:10 AM
I hope yes...and I must say that I don't really liked Velvet Revolver stuff. Alter Bridge (in my opinion) is years light better than Velvet.

kariyanine
08-12-2004, 09:33 AM
I would like to think that Alter Bridge would be able to climb to number one in the first week but you have to remember tat Velvet Revolver had over a year to get people hyped about their music, Alter Bridge had what a couple of months??

I can say this though after having listened to both albums, Tremonti kicked Slash's ass.

aussiecreeder
08-12-2004, 09:49 AM
I would like to think that Alter Bridge would be able to climb to number one in the first week but you have to remember tat Velvet Revolver had over a year to get people hyped about their music, Alter Bridge had what a couple of months??

I can say this though after having listened to both albums, Tremonti kicked Slash's ass.

tremonti kicked slash's arse? wow there is a big statement.....tremonti is great but i still think slash is better. VR had alot more hype so ODR will take more time as they don't have the supergroup tag like VR and Audioslave or APC.

Riffman544
08-12-2004, 02:12 PM
I personally was disapointed it VR's album......Nice riffs and vocals.....But it was just boring to me. Scott Wieland freaks me out anyway lol kidding. I am sure Alter Bridge will peak!

Torn Signs
08-12-2004, 03:37 PM
If not first right away, hopefully they'll at least slip up there. It'll be curious to see what position Wal-Mart will have the CD at.

Trees of Wisdom
08-12-2004, 03:55 PM
I already have gotten four friends of mine to like Alter Bridge. And I'm trying to get two more to like them. Just wanted you guys to know. :D

Alter Bridge will not sell a ridiculous amount of records in their first week, but I guarantee once they release "Down to My Last" you will see a large increase in sales.

I'mRational
08-12-2004, 05:27 PM
tremonti kicked slash's arse? wow there is a big statement.....tremonti is great but i still think slash is better. VR had alot more hype so ODR will take more time as they don't have the supergroup tag like VR and Audioslave or APC.

Tremonti is a better skilled guitarist. I could give my reasons if you wish. You'll need to know some guitar-talk though.

revisfoot
08-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Hey, I know what you mean! Tremonti knows what he's doing. Slash simply 'screws around" unitl he finds what he likes.

aussiecreeder
08-12-2004, 09:30 PM
slash is extremely highly regarded amongst muscians and currently his reputation precedes him and at a greater level than tremonti at this point. both fantastic guitarists.......

DangerousDan85
08-13-2004, 12:19 AM
I don't know, it'll be real hard to knock Ashlee Simpson off the top spot. If MTV had given them their own show a few months prior to the release date and showed episodes of it 20x a day, they'd have a chance. ;)

aussiecreeder
08-13-2004, 02:36 AM
I don't know, it'll be real hard to knock Ashlee Simpson off the top spot. If MTV had given them their own show a few months prior to the release date and showed episodes of it 20x a day, they'd have a chance. ;)

lol riding on the coatails of the fame of your sister...... :rolleyes:

ibleedpurple
08-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Sounds like they're projected to sell around 120,000, which would put them 5th... but this is just a projection from about 50% of the sales so who knows if they might slip up or down a notch. Still DAMN good for not having much hype at all outside of the internet.

hayley
08-17-2004, 04:24 AM
Velvet Revolver's album was #1 in it's first week of release. Will our boys pull that off as well? I think it will happen, but, if not, they'll definetly climb to that top spot. Their songs are so awesome, and the word of mouth will get around! I guess we'll just wait and see!

Oooh that's a tough one! To put them next to such a big band like Velvet. But, I am hoping that they will do that, it would be awesome and would get them off to a brilliant start.

But I think the reason why Contraband went straight to #1 so fast and they are so popular now, is because some of them are from the Gunners. And as we all know, they were a MASSIVE band, so the old Guns n' Roses fans would have been wanting more music, waiting for a new band to come out, like we have done with Alter Bridge. But because GNR were so huge, I think that's why they have half the success. I'm not saying that Velvet aren't good, they are, but because of the GNR fame, that's why Velvet are just as good. :)

kariyanine
08-18-2004, 11:38 AM
They pulled in 95,000 and placed 5th for the week according to Billboard.com. That's not bad at all.

revisfoot
08-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Well, we didn't get #1, but, we're in the Top 5! That's awesome! Congrats and props to Mark, Myles, Brian, and Flip! And, who knows, that #1 spot may be theirs soon enough.

cyndeelouwho
08-23-2004, 03:54 PM
They pulled in 95,000 and placed 5th for the week according to Billboard.com. That's not bad at all. I think Alter Bridge will do it! :smokin:

hayley
08-25-2004, 01:24 AM
Haha yeah that's right I remember the radio DJ's announcing that on the radio, I was actually amazed, and so were they, I mean in the first week of release, just a WEEK, 95,000. That is amazing. Well done Alter Bridge. :clap:

Shadow
08-26-2004, 08:12 PM

I think Alter Bridge will do it!

Well, don't get your hopes up, One Day Remains dropped from No. 5 to No. 17 on the Billboard album chart. I think it had over a 50% drop in sales.

Bridge of Clay
08-26-2004, 08:40 PM
that's perfectly normal for a band like AB...

Velvet Revolver lived almost 2 years of hype before they released their album... and AB isn't radio friendly like Weathered, is it?

musiclover291
08-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Well, don't get your hopes up, One Day Remains dropped from No. 5 to No. 17 on the Billboard album chart. I think it had over a 50% drop in sales.

How many units did they sell?

musiclover291
08-26-2004, 08:58 PM
that's perfectly normal for a band like AB...

Velvet Revolver lived almost 2 years of hype before they released their album... and AB isn't radio friendly like Weathered, is it?

Do you think Velvet Revolver is more radio friendly than AB?

Jooji_2
08-27-2004, 05:31 PM

Sorry, I know you didn't ask me the question, but yes, I do think that Velvet Revolver is more radio-friendly than Alter Bridge.

From what I have read, their second week sales were slightly above 44,000 for One Day Remains, if that is of any help.

musiclover291
08-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Sorry, I know you didn't ask me the question, but yes, I do think that Velvet Revolver is more radio-friendly than Alter Bridge.

From what I have read, their second week sales were slightly above 44,000 for One Day Remains, if that is of any help.

Thanks for the information. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! that is a huge drop in sales.

Thanks again.

Shadow
08-27-2004, 08:33 PM
How many units did they sell?
Jooji was right. Sales were 44,944 for the second week. Totaling just under 140,000 for a two week total. A far cry from the amount that was shipped and expected to sell.

(PS - thank you Chris for the information)

Bridge of Clay
08-27-2004, 08:54 PM

Yeah, I think they are. But my comparisson was between AB and Weathered.

And VR had over a year of exposure on the media... mostly due Scott Weilland's issues, truth be told! :rolleyes:

Jooji_2
08-27-2004, 10:50 PM
And VR had over a year of exposure on the media... mostly due Scott Weilland's issues, truth be told! :rolleyes:

But you have to give to the other guys in Velvet Revolver....they stuck by Weiland for two years...never really sure if their band would see the light of day. Seems the patience has paid off.

musiclover291
08-27-2004, 11:21 PM
But you have to give to the other guys in Velvet Revolver....they stuck by Weiland for two years...never really sure if their band would see the light of day. Seems the patience has paid off.

Good Point and to there credit I think they deserve praise I love the music even with all of Scott's issue he is really talented and I hope he can stay clean and healthy.

Thanks everybody for responding I always love to hear different viewpoints.

musiclover291
08-27-2004, 11:23 PM
Jooji was right. Sales were 44,944 for the second week. Totaling just under 140,000 for a two week total. A far cry from the amount that was shipped and expected to sell.

(PS - thank you Chris for the information)

Thanks for the information and I thought sales would have been much higher with all the hype on VH1.

Shadow
08-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the information and I thought sales would have been much higher with all the hype on VH1.
Well, alot of radio stations aren't playing them. I have been corresponding with a local DJ about Scott's Relearn Love, and even he said that no one is playing AB - just MTV and VH1. I'm in a big radio area where the songs need to be played to really make it. And, AB is not getting any airplay here.

cyndeelouwho
08-28-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm in a big radio area where the songs need to be played to really make it. And, AB is not getting any airplay here.

What is the closest city to you? I dont think they are getting the time they deserve to be honest.

Shadow
08-28-2004, 01:16 AM
What is the closest city to you? I dont think they are getting the time they deserve to be honest.
New York City

RMadd
08-28-2004, 02:52 AM
Good Point and to there credit I think they deserve praise I love the music even with all of Scott's issue he is really talented and I hope he can stay clean and healthy.
true dat. Fall to Pieces, their newest single (even as Slither is still the top rock song in the nation) is an amazing song about dealing w/ his addictions.

The Lithium
08-28-2004, 04:50 AM
Rolling Stone said the shredding Mark does on ODR is way better than what Slash did at Contraband!!

aussiecreeder
08-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Rolling Stone said the shredding Mark does on ODR is way better than what Slash did at Contraband!!

I would agree that the guitar work on ODR is better than Contraband but Slash is a legend and deservedly so. Listen to "Sweet Child O'Mine that song has 3 solos and the third one is just amazing. He knows what to do in his solos but if Mark makes a couple of more records like ODR than he will be up there.

johellion
08-28-2004, 09:27 AM
New York City

I know NYC is playing the music.....their concert is already sold out there...also the Chicago concert is sold out!!

Shadow
08-28-2004, 09:59 AM
I know NYC is playing the music.....their concert is already sold out there...also the Chicago concert is sold out!!
I haven't heard them and they are not on the stations playlists. As far as I know they are not on K-ROCK, NYC's biggest rock staion and they are not on WBAB, Long Island's biggest station.

They are sold out - but remember the size arena they are playing - it's a mid-size venue. It's a great opportunity to see the guys in a smaller venue then when they played with Creed.

Creed played there in April 98 and September 99.

johellion
08-28-2004, 10:15 AM
I haven't heard them and they are not on the stations playlists. As far as I know they are not on K-ROCK, NYC's biggest rock staion and they are not on WBAB, Long Island's biggest station.

They are sold out - but remember the size arena they are playing - it's a mid-size venue. It's a great opportunity to see the guys in a smaller venue then when they played with Creed.

Creed played there in April 98 and September 99.

Right they are playing smaller venues...they wanted to do that...the guys like the smaller places....I remember Creed playing small places in the beginning......I saw them at Floyd's...and I saw them at Madison Square Gardens with Van Halen. The guys are not really worried about record sales..(It will improve).They just want to play music, and have fun. They are not in it for the money...they already have that.....It's all about the music!!! :D