Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Disappointed with the Alter Bridge CD [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with the Alter Bridge CD

creedfan
08-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Ok, I know people are going to freak about this but I'm not really impressed by this new CD. Why? Who knows, maybe I am biased on the previous work of Creed and immediately start a comparison. I think the leader singer sounds too much like Steve Perry from Journey, which doesn't sit will with me. On a brighter note, Tremonti and the rest of the game sounds great.

Remember, this is just my opinion....not right, wrong or indifferent.

Riffman544
08-10-2004, 01:11 PM
I am thinking you dont see the beauty in the music with the lyrics and vocals. Thats what i thought when i first read your thread. Comparisons are always made...which i think is wrong. You must think of them as a band...If you think Myles sounds like Steve perry....Then you must say Journey sounds like Alter Bridge...Which is not true lol. They are a band of one...Myles isnt with Journey ....he is with Alter Bridge...Therefore he sounds liek Myles Kennedy with Alter Bridge. Forgive me if you dont understand where I am coming from and I am sorry you cant see the beauty in this CD.

Torn Signs
08-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I agree. Frankly if one reads through most of the lyrics, they revolve around being lost in life then finding your way back to a higher position, or about suffering. And Myles voice + the lyrics+the choruses got a bit old. The best songs are prbly Burn It Down, definately In Loving Memory, and for lyrics, Watch Your Words. This is NOT being a comparison, this is simply rating the music. And some of it is too repetitive. That's my two cents on a short notion and I know others feel different. But I only got a feeling from ONE song, and that was In Loving Memory, so yeah. Lol, that's it. :mad1:

Bridge of Clay
08-10-2004, 01:55 PM
you can not compare them to Creed.

you have to think of them as a new band. which is really hard to do due their past...

Personally, I think I still like Creed better. but nonetheless, it's an awesome album, best than anything out there today.

I'mRational
08-10-2004, 04:14 PM
you can not compare them to Creed.

you have to think of them as a new band. which is really hard to do due their past...

Personally, I think I still like Creed better. but nonetheless, it's an awesome album, best than anything out there today.

Sure you can compare them to Creed. You can compare them to Jazz, flamenco, whatever you like. I've compared AB to Creed, and AB is way better.

Dogstar
08-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Torn signs, I agree. I think the writing/lyrics were a little too repetitive, although overall, I still think it was a decent effort. Not mind-blowing at all, but man, a couple of these songs are going to rock live :D...I agree that Burn It Down and In Loving Memory ruled. Also, I thought Metalingus kicked ass as did Find the Real. I liked Watch Your Words as well, but it sounded a little too much like Metallica. I love Metallica, but man, the first thing I thought of was that it sounded like Wherever I May Roam, riff-wise...And In Loving Memory, I think, would have been far more effective if it had stayed soft throughout. There are enough anthemic choruses on the CD already and it would have offered a bit more variety to keep that one soft. The guitar in it is beautiful, though, and gave me chills, and Myles has a Jeff Buckley-esque sound on some of the more melodic stuff. I'd like to hear more of that from him.

WhatsUrCreed
08-10-2004, 11:18 PM
AB's new album didnt impress me much...good effort nonetheless...the song "One Day Remains" was my personal favorite song...great guitar playing by tremonti as usual and kick ass melodies but I am still trying to get used to Myles' voice...he's no stapp and his voice kinda has to grow on you...the songs are also a lil too similar...i dunno...have to wait to the next album to see how their style evolves... :cool:

creedsister
08-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Well ive looked over myles and i dont think the dude sounds like steve perry i guess its just hard for everybody to get use to i love the lyrics on this one they kick Ass And Marks Playing Is Just Amazing I dont think he could a played Harder There some Awsome Work there A Lot Of Engery And A Lot Of Heart took place you can feel it !!!! The creed sound is still there all right we just got to relearn love with myles HAHAHAHA

WhatsUrCreed
08-11-2004, 12:04 AM
yea the more i am listening to this album...the more myles' voice is getting on my nerves....any chance of creed getting back together or at least getting a new singer??? dont be ticked...u all know its the truth... :(

How about a tour wit Scott Stapp?

creedsister
08-11-2004, 12:10 AM
i dont care who they got it would,nt make a diffrence anyways fan PARTY ON

DangerousDan85
08-11-2004, 12:31 AM
I've listened to it once so far. Musically I'm really digging it. I'm not really used to Myles's voice yet, maybe it'll grow on me after awhile. I gotta listen to it a few more times before i give my rating.

revisfoot
08-11-2004, 12:31 AM
I personally think the album is awesome. I personally love Myle's voice, and I love the range he has. Mark's playing has truly become 'no-holds barred.' He is unbelievable on this record. But, "Most Improved" definetly goes to Flip. Man...He's pulling some stuff out that I've never heard from him before. Good job, guys!! And congrats on a record very well done!!

musiclover291
08-11-2004, 12:43 AM
I've listened to it once so far. Musically I'm really digging it. I'm not really used to Myles's voice yet, maybe it'll grow on me after awhile. I gotta listen to it a few more times before i give my rating.

I agree musically Flip, Mark and Brian are A+ but its Myles voice I don't know but like you said maybe it will grow on me.

creedfan
08-11-2004, 12:49 AM
I do agree that with time Myles voice can grow on you. I'm not putting down the album in regards to its music quality, two thirds of this band comes from one of the biggest bands ever; obviously the musical qualities will be there. I just compare Myles voice to Stapps voice and I prefer Stapps voice. I mean I would say the same thing if Ozzy was on the vocals for this band as well, its just all perspective.

lpshinoda11
08-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Ok, I know people are going to freak about this but I'm not really impressed by this new CD. Why? Who knows, maybe I am biased on the previous work of Creed and immediately start a comparison. I think the leader singer sounds too much like Steve Perry from Journey, which doesn't sit will with me. On a brighter note, Tremonti and the rest of the game sounds great.

Remember, this is just my opinion....not right, wrong or indifferent.

What are you talking about, Steve Perry fuckin rules....I have a few Journey CDs and his solo album, good shit!

Xterminator27
08-11-2004, 01:30 AM
I think the new AB album fucking rules

yes thats right kids

FUCKING RULES

as good/ if not better then creed. It was great to hear some NEW and amazing music, and considering i loved all the songs, i think the album was a 100% success. Not much out there quite like it. Plus with all the kickass solos and shit, it ruled

aussiecreeder
08-11-2004, 01:33 AM
to each to his own but i can't stand understand those wanting the return of stapp. i really liked stapp in creed but two points;

1.he ain't coming back anytime soon
2.kennedy is a better vocalist

don't have the cd in my hands yet but i have really liked the streams i've heard. flip has gone to a new level, mark owns and kennedy is simply great. oh and don't forget brian who consistently puts out great bass lines.

Dogstar
08-11-2004, 01:38 AM
I think the leader singer sounds too much like Steve Perry from Journey, which doesn't sit will with me.
I have to disagree. Myles is a million times the singer Perry could even dream of being. I despise Journey and I don't think Myles sounds anything like Perry. Yeah, they have similar range, but Perry never had the pipes or passion Myles has.

Xterminator27
08-11-2004, 01:43 AM
to each to his own but i can't stand understand those wanting the return of stapp. i really liked stapp in creed but two points;

1.he ain't coming back anytime soon
2.kennedy is a better vocalist

don't have the cd in my hands yet but i have really liked the streams i've heard. flip has gone to a new level, mark owns and kennedy is simply great. oh and don't forget brian who consistently puts out great bass lines.

The streams are nothing compared to the CD quality, trust me it sounds ALOT different on the CD (alot better) and especially metalangus

aussiecreeder
08-11-2004, 03:39 AM
The streams are nothing compared to the CD quality, trust me it sounds ALOT different on the CD (alot better) and especially metalangus

good to hear and i wouldn't have expected anything less. the differences in the musical styles in a way was always going to split the fanbase but i'll enjoy whatever each camp brings out.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
08-11-2004, 09:02 AM
I have to disagree. Myles is a million times the singer Perry could even dream of being. I despise Journey and I don't think Myles sounds anything like Perry. Yeah, they have similar range, but Perry never had the pipes or passion Myles has.
I didn't hear Steve Perry's voice , but I did hear Chris Cornell, Geoff Tate, Sabastian Bach, and Tony Hartnell. These are all awesome singers and to have one person be able to do this is just incredible. I LOVE STAPP for CREED , but MYLES is the voice for Alter Bridge my new favorite band.

creedsister
08-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Your right i can here all those singers in myles i dont know how steve perry got brought up :rolleyes: but anyways to each their own

Bridge of Clay
08-11-2004, 09:50 AM
I dunno who Steve Perry is... :o

Anyway, I'll listen to ODR now that I got album quality rips before I pass any judgement...

creedsister
08-11-2004, 10:09 AM
he was journeys frontman in the 80s with radio ready rock that everybody liked with songs like open arms and highway Run

The Lithium
08-11-2004, 11:10 AM
FUCKING RULES

100% AGREED!!! :jam:

creedsister
08-11-2004, 09:50 PM
LMAO hahahaha

Dogstar
08-11-2004, 09:55 PM
I didn't hear Steve Perry's voice , but I did hear Chris Cornell, Geoff Tate, Sabastian Bach, and Tony Hartnell. These are all awesome singers and to have one person be able to do this is just incredible.
Yep, and I even heard a little Jeff Buckley in there, too.

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Well, I've been listening to the cd for awhile now before I decided to have an opinion. The music itself is awesome but I have to say I don't care for Myles as a vocalist very much. He screams too much for me. It's just my opinion , remember that. Overall , I love the music and the lyrics just not who's singing them. My daughter told me she rather have Creed back and she's not crazy about Alterbridge. She doesn't like Myles either says he sounds like a chicken with his head cut off! :laugh: Remember people this is just our opinion! It's really good just need a better singer and I don't even mean Stapp! Anybody else would be good!

cariocawlad
08-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Well I just wanna say one thing. I've read in this thread many pepole saying that we cannot compare AB to Creed. In think These people are wrong. We need to compare. When Mark formed AB, he wanted to create a better band, with his personal goals and all that other things we hear in the last months. He was trying to do something better than Creed, so I think is too natural make comparisons.

Anyway, I didn't hear the CD, just the streams, but in my opinion AB is an awsome band. Not better than Creed and Myles isn't better than Stapp, he is a really good vocalist and I just love the entire album. I miss Creed, but if the way that Mark, Scott and Flip wants to go is that, I wish them all the luck in the world cause I just love the music they do.

Peace. :cool:

Jooji_2
08-17-2004, 06:18 PM

:D Sorry......just seeing that word Metalingus makes me laugh uncontrollably......... :laugh:

Sorry....don't mind me....just ignore me.....

Jester
08-18-2004, 12:02 AM
I picked up the Alter Bridge CD yesterday (I wans by no means expectign anything like Creed) I think the CD rules Mark has played his way outta his little "Creed style box" and developed more as a guitarist and it is great to hear Marshalls playing agian so I recomend if you don't have it yet got get it now

aussiecreeder
08-18-2004, 02:21 AM
the guitar work is the best you'll find in ANYTHING released in 2004.......

Torn Signs
08-19-2004, 02:38 PM
When Mark formed AB, he wanted to create a better band, with his personal goals and all that other things we hear in the last months. He was trying to do something better than Creed, so I think is too natural make comparisons.

That was perhaps his largest mistake. By trying to outdue something, he wasn't focused on just being himself and creating the music from his heart. Yes, AB has great Guitar riffs and is heavy like I prefer, but the lyrics do lack a bit with repetiveness and I just wonder, if he wasn't thinking about being exactly like Creed or tossing stuff on the radio like Creed, if we would have gotten something even more golden. :confused:

blanicjo
08-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Well Myles voice can grow on you I agree.
But I just can't get past that whole STEPHEN BALDWIN look alike thing going on.
The music is good, videos I can't watch. Grew up with that Baldwin boy.

I Miss Stapp and ALL that eye candy that went along with the great music.

Dogstar
08-20-2004, 02:42 AM
OMG, ewwww, I don't see that resemblance at all. Myles is way better looking than Steven Baldwin. The man has gorgeous eyes!

farmgirl
08-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Well Myles voice can grow on you I agree.
But I just can't get past that whole STEPHEN BALDWIN look alike thing going on.
The music is good, videos I can't watch. Grew up with that Baldwin boy.

I Miss Stapp and ALL that eye candy that went along with the great music.

I can see the Stephen Baldwin resemblance...he also looks similar to Kevin Bacon in some pics.

Have a great weekend everyone.