Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott Stapp interview... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stapp interview...

Aaron J
08-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey guys I'm new here, been a fan of Creed since the begining but never thought of getting involved... Thought I would just jump on in here with something I found...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/interviews/2004/scottstapp-0804.html

Dont know if that has been posted before but there ya go!

I'll be around.

-Aaron.

Sincirr
08-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Oh man that is awesome! Thanks heaps!

It just took all of that to come to a screeching halt, to get to the point of having nothing, for me to finally realize, Hey, what are you fighting with this for? Until then, I hadn't claimed my faith as my own; I had just grown up with it. But I finally got to that point after years and years of running from God. Christ stepped in when I asked him.

Awesome!

You know, that supposed statement from Scott about how can U say that being a Christian is the only way to heaven, was in the FAQ section of the Creed official site since around 2001 or so. If I am ever in a famous band, I will be looking at my site from time to time thats for sure! U cant trust anyone! :mad1:

Aaron J
08-09-2004, 10:25 PM
very cool huh?

I respect him for not wanting people to ask if he was a christian before because he was not living the life... least he knows he wasnt right with God. I'm glad he is now.

Mr. Prophet Man
08-09-2004, 11:29 PM
It was nice to read that Scotty finally clarified the Xtianity issue, but I sense even more criticism from people 'cause of this.

creedsister
08-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Nice interview my opion he done it well matt ch.5 verse 13 :)

Shadow
08-10-2004, 12:09 AM
I thought Scott did a beautiful job with that interview. He did not have one bad word to say about anybody. He came out holding his head up. Good for him.

Project86er
08-10-2004, 10:16 AM
I never knew that was out. I had always thought of him exactly how he described himself.

creedsister
08-10-2004, 02:31 PM
he does it well God bless his heart Col ch 4 verse 6

cyndeelouwho
08-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Nice interview my opion he done it well matt ch.5 verse 13 :)Arent you the same person that wished they had a gun on another thread! Christian when convenient or all the time?

creedsister
08-17-2004, 10:33 PM
I dont anwser to nobody but God

JulieCitySlicker
08-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Nice interview, thanks for sharing that with us :)
Welcome to the board as well :D

cyndeelouwho
08-23-2004, 03:11 PM
I dont anwser to nobody but God
How convenient and typical.

Sincirr
08-24-2004, 09:34 AM
I never knew that was out. I had always thought of him exactly how he described himself.
Well see, U would think that the actual Creed site would be more credible. That quote where Scott talks about there being more ways to heaven or whatever was said, was actually posted on the bands site! I read it. What can we believe these days? I'm glad this interview came out.

Oh, and to the person that fired all cylinders at Creedsister, Some Christians actually have a sense of humor, which is what you encountered with the 'gun' thing...and we arent perfect U know. We never claimed to be!

creedsister
08-24-2004, 10:32 AM
:D I know Sincirr i....i read some where when that was said :D but its dose,nt sound right to me, But ah well, Thank you sincirr, I really dont need a gun, i thank God me dont have one HaHa :)

cyndeelouwho
08-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Oh, and to the person that fired all cylinders at Creedsister, Some Christians actually have a sense of humor, which is what you encountered with the 'gun' thing...and we arent perfect U know. We never claimed to be! I just say it like I see it. I get sickened by Social camelions. I know there is absolutly no perfection in Christianity but there sure is alot of self righteousness.
Namaste,
Cyndeelouwho

Ann Allusion
08-28-2004, 02:09 AM
nice interview...read it a while back on another bb. Thanks for posting it. :)

cyndeelouwho...your use of Namaste is confusing :confused:

Simply put, namaste intimates the following:

'The God in me greets the God in you
The Spirit in me meets the same Spirit in you'

In other words, it recognizes the equality of all, and pays honor to the sacredness of all.

since that is the basic meaning, it seems contradictory when you to say:

I just say it like I see it. I get sickened by Social camelions. I know there is absolutly no perfection in Christianity but there sure is alot of self righteousness.

Namaste is a very positive word...it holds no negativity or animosity towards anyone...yet, your post did not reflect that observation.

creedsister
08-28-2004, 10:44 AM
i know i think shes from whoville HAHAHA

cyndeelouwho
08-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Although I was responding to negativity I chose to close with Namaste for a positive. I realise what it means or I would not have used the word. What is confusing is Creedsister's constant negativity towards me, or is that humor. If it is suppose to be humor it is difficult for me to find funny. I don't put people down to build myself. I do recognize the equality in all,,,,I too was once blinded as many others are.

creedsister
08-28-2004, 11:37 AM
:hugs: Sorry dear i apoligize