Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott Stapp & The Tea Party to appear [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stapp & The Tea Party to appear

cjme
08-04-2004, 11:19 PM
live on Jay Leno! When? September 3rd...performing "Relearn Love".

Have a good night everybody.

Echelon Soldier
08-04-2004, 11:47 PM
oh wow, really?? pretty cool. Thanks :smokin:

revisfoot
08-04-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks for that info!! I can't wait. I've actually been wanting to see Jeff Martin strut his stuff live.

TeriB19
08-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Outstanding news!! Thanks my friend!! :D

creedsister
08-05-2004, 12:34 AM
That Kicks Ass :jam: :jam: :jam:

Vixen_255
08-05-2004, 12:48 AM
What time??? I'll have to talk to RJ & watch Stapp at the same time. Day-um this is gonna be hard! :D
Thanx for da info.

aussiecreeder
08-05-2004, 01:28 AM
that is great news, i must not forget to watch this......

Dani
08-05-2004, 01:30 AM
Awesome. I will be watching for sure :)

Jez
08-05-2004, 02:16 AM
live on Jay Leno! When? September 3rd...performing "Relearn Love".

This information is coming from where, please?

I'm checking around and can't verify it.

Shadow
08-05-2004, 07:03 AM
What time??? I'll have to talk to RJ & watch Stapp at the same time. Day-um this is gonna be hard! :D
Thanx for da info.
Leno is on late night on NBC. His show starts at 11:35 pm

Thanks for the information CJME! Awesome news! :D

Willabeast
08-05-2004, 09:15 AM
The Tea Party on Jay Leno. :cool: Frankly I don't think much of the 2 minute sample I've heard of Leaning on Loaf but, hopefully, it'll sound better live! The Tea Party is a fabulous live band.

aussiecreeder
08-05-2004, 11:12 AM
The Tea Party on Jay Leno. :cool: Frankly I don't think much of the 2 minute sample I've heard of Leaning on Loaf but, hopefully, it'll sound better live! The Tea Party is a fabulous live band.

any chance of the tea party playing their single as well? i think scott made a very good choice with his backing band at least for this one song. i would really love a mp3 or mpeg of this performance when/if it happens.

Willabeast
08-05-2004, 11:29 AM
any chance of the tea party playing their single as well? i think scott made a very good choice with his backing band at least for this one song. i would really love a mp3 or mpeg of this performance when/if it happens.

That would be awesome but I doubt we'll be hearing Writing's on the Wall. :( We'll have to make do with radio play or the lousy mp3 on the official site (http://www.teaparty.com/) until the Tea's album comes out on the 17th.

Shadow
08-05-2004, 11:59 AM
They would play Scott's song - not a Tea Party song.

cndnheat
08-05-2004, 12:14 PM
This information is confirmed!

cndnheat
08-05-2004, 12:16 PM

The "raw" version is much better.

musiclover291
08-05-2004, 12:19 PM
I'll be watching. Thanks for the information.

cjme
08-05-2004, 12:23 PM
This information is confirmed!
"whew" :)

stappdazd
08-05-2004, 01:35 PM
:bigjump:

Thanks CJME! :bow2: :)

mushroomy2k
08-05-2004, 02:22 PM
:thankyou: my friend for the awsome news about the appearance of scott and the tea party performing on jay leno :wiggle: i can hardly wait,
but it will be worth it :)

revisfoot
08-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Man...that's going to be awesome!! I mean, honestly, I love Scott Stapp to death, but just the thought of getting to see Jeff Martin as well...that man is definetely a force to be reckoned with!!

Props to those who confirmed the info!!

DangerousDan85
08-05-2004, 07:41 PM
awesome news, that's three days before my birthday

Mr.CreedFreakTN
08-05-2004, 08:02 PM
awesome news, that's three days before my birthday
It's also three days before mine, but I think I got more years on ya. The big 35 ahhhh

luvscott4ever
08-05-2004, 11:28 PM
hey, that's not so big (35) I'm gonna be the big 40 in November!! YIKES!!! :eek:

luvscott4ever
08-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Lol!!!!!!

Mr.CreedFreakTN
08-05-2004, 11:38 PM
hey, that's not so big (35) I'm gonna be the big 40 in November!! YIKES!!! :eek:
I guess age is a state of mind, right now I don't know what state mine is in. Hehe, Tomorrow it will be in Tunica ,Mississippi time to do some gambling. :)

WeatheredWoman
08-06-2004, 06:36 PM

Ooooh :eek:

..and I thought I was gettin' old... just turned the "lesser" big 37 yesterday! LOL!! :laugh:

All those Creed Grannies and Gramps!!! Still rockin' hard eh??? :cool:

creedlvr
08-06-2004, 07:00 PM
That's great news! I'll definitely be tuning in! I really do not like Jay Leno ... but for Scott, I'll make the effort!

Thanks for the info!

cjme
08-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Guess I don't have to duck any longer? ;)

The Lithium
08-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Gotta catch that somehow. I'm sure Passion Breeds Followers will have it up for downloading in a short while... It'll feel so strange to see him play without the boys, and with a softer song. :(

Shadow
08-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Guess I don't have to duck any longer? ;)
:)

Willabeast
08-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Gotta catch that somehow. I'm sure Passion Breeds Followers will have it up for downloading in a short while... It'll feel so strange to see him play without the boys, and with a softer song. :(

and for me it'll be so strange to see The Tea Party play with someone else singing! But I'll suffer through Leno, gladly (almost), to see what they sound like together.

creedsister
08-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Suffer through Leno :( I know Damn it

The Lithium
08-07-2004, 06:49 PM
and for me it'll be so strange to see The Tea Party play with someone else singing! But I'll suffer through Leno, gladly (almost), to see what they sound like together.

We'll, I gotta say I really, really don't like Tea Party or the fact that Stapp is working with them. I'm into the heavier stuff... Such as Alter Bridge, Creed, Metallica, etc.

Sheila63
08-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Ooooh :eek:

..and I thought I was gettin' old... just turned the "lesser" big 37 yesterday! LOL!! :laugh:

All those Creed Grannies and Gramps!!! Still rockin' hard eh??? :cool:

Hehe, I guess you can count me as one of the Creed Grannies, Stef. :) I turned 41 back in May but thanks to Creed, I've felt more like a teenager the last few years!! :dancing:

I can't wait to see Scott on tv again!!! :D

Willabeast
08-07-2004, 11:02 PM
We'll, I gotta say I really, really don't like Tea Party or the fact that Stapp is working with them. I'm into the heavier stuff... Such as Alter Bridge, Creed, Metallica, etc.

Heavier? Have you heard the album "transmission"? or even the latest single "Writing's on the Wall"? I'll agree that Metallica is heavy but I've never thought of Creed as heavy. I think of them as mellow and a bit introspective. Mind you I'm only aware of the radio singles (Higher, Arms Wide Open...) and you, possibly, may only be aware of Tea Party's singles (Heaven Coming Down, The Messenger, Walking Wounded)?? The Tea Party really rocks (especially live) and they are definitely heavy.

If you're interested check out the recent concert bootleg "Live at the Dard" available at http://www.theteaparty.de/english/e_start.htm (for personal use only, of course). It doesn't do much to capture the audience participation (singing, clapping) but I think you'll agree that this isn't exactly easy listening!
:D

I'm going to listen to it again right now, as a matter of fact.

~Willa

creedlvr
09-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Is Scott really going to be on Leno on Sept. 3rd?? I checked the "Tivo" guide and it does not say he'll be on. It has a comedian listed as the end of night entertainment rather than a musical guest.

Does anyone know?

Willabeast
09-02-2004, 12:32 PM
I've heard the appearance has been cancelled but I don't know what the reason is or whether it will be rescheduled.

Bridge of Clay
09-02-2004, 12:34 PM
I dunno...

Willabeast
09-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Apparently he got the boots from Leno... Dunno if it's true!

Is that straight from Tremonti? *lol* :D

devils_here
09-02-2004, 01:17 PM
I heard the same thing over at the Pit! :(

Jooji_2
09-02-2004, 03:45 PM
I heard the same thing over at the Pit! :(

Take anything that comes from there with an EXTREMELY large grain of salt. :D The appearance has been cancelled, however, no one is really aware of the reason or reasons. Think one of them could be that by tomorrow Florida will probably be in the midst of a huge freaking hurricane? Or......maybe the Tea Party couldn't make the schedule....or.....the person posting the above comment at that place isn't a personal friend of Mr. Leno, or Scott Stapp....believe me. :D

Jooji_2
09-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Is that straight from Tremonti? *lol* :D

Probably not the Tremonti you are thinking of........ :D

Bridge of Clay
09-02-2004, 04:04 PM
no, it was a Tremo fan... lol! ;)

err.. I read your post wrong, I thought you said The Tea Party couldn't make it and that's why it was cancelled... what a confusion! now I made a mess over PBF!

Shadow
09-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Apparently he got the boots from Leno... Dunno if it's true!
Marcos, he didn't get the boot from Leno. I wished you hadn't said it that way, even though I know that's not how you meant it. Cancellations happen like this all the time on talk shows. It's really not that big of a deal. Others want us to believe it is a big deal. It's not! And it turned out for the best for Scott because the hurricane is supposed to hit his area. It's best that he is home with his family.

Jooji_2
09-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Others want us to believe it is a big deal. It's not! And it turned out for the best for Scott because the hurricane is supposed to hit his area. It's best that he is home with his family.

Ain't that the truth! :D

Kimvan
09-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Whatever the reason, you're right, Robyn, it's best that he's with his family. I pray that they're all safe...

Bridge of Clay
09-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Marcos, he didn't get the boot from Leno. I wished you hadn't said it that way, even though I know that's not how you meant it. Cancellations happen like this all the time on talk shows. It's really not that big of a deal. Others want us to believe it is a big deal. It's not! And it turned out for the best for Scott because the hurricane is supposed to hit his area. It's best that he is home with his family.

Yeah, I understand. That was what I first heard. You're right, I'll edit that that post.

I had completely forgotten about hurricane Frances! He's probably having to set his home ready for it too.

creedlvr
09-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the clarification! I guess I'll delete my setting on Tivo!