Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Phillies Get Jim Thome!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Get Jim Thome!!!

TeriB19
12-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Wooooo hooooo!!!!! My Phillies just got Jim Thome!!!! I am so psyched, I love to watch that guy play! Can't wait until April and baseball season!! 87 million dollars, quite the chunk of change!

Bridge of Clay
12-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Iīd be amazingly (sp?) happy if they give 1% of all this money

TeriB19
12-02-2002, 08:39 PM
I have a question for you Marcos. Our American professional athletes make obscene amounts of money (as you can plainly see). How about the salaries of your professional sports players? This question is open to all different people from different countries. I'm very curious.

creedfan47a
12-03-2002, 01:15 AM
One football club in Australia is in massive trouble for breaking their salary cap. I don't know how much each of their players was getting paid, but I think that the salary cap for the whole team for 2003 is $5.95 million and they have entered into contracts with their players to pay them a total of about $7.3 million. If 9 of the players don't take up to a 25% pay cut, they could get booted from the team.

Dogstar
12-03-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Wooooo hooooo!!!!! My Phillies just got Jim Thome!!!! I am so psyched, I love to watch that guy play! Can't wait until April and baseball season!! 87 million dollars, quite the chunk of change!

I'm with ya! I love that guy. I went to a game in Cleveland a last year and at his first at-bat, he knocked it out of the park. He is awesome, and he seems to be a nice guy!

DangerousDan85
12-03-2002, 01:45 AM
I just saw him on a commercial for this fishing store called "Lunkers" in South Bend. It was funny, he said...." The perfect holiday gift is a certificate to Lunkers.

Bridge of Clay
12-03-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
I have a question for you Marcos. Our American professional athletes make obscene amounts of money (as you can plainly see). How about the salaries of your professional sports players? This question is open to all different people from different countries. I'm very curious.

the soccer players make a lot of money: their salaries, their 13th salary (like a bonus) plus a lot of prizes for their wins and image rights. Thereīs a player of Sao Paulo who we bought from our greates rival, just like when Real took Figo off Barcelona. He gets like US$ 100,000 for month. Thatīs absurd...īalthough heīs a good player.

the other athletes that makes a lot are Gustavo Kuerten, the tennis player, so he has no salary, but a lot of sponsors, and only one basketball player makes money, Oscar. Heīs like our Jordan.

But outside Soccer atmosphere with its millionaire players and those 2 exceptions mentioned above, athletes donīt earn much money.

Which I consider really unfair, coz I think the other sports, specially the olympic sports, should have more support, but people here only care about soccer, unfortunatelly. The second most popular sport here is Volleyball, but its arenas donīt even get crowded...

Creed23
12-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Why didn't the Cubs get him. At least we might get Kent and we already have Dusty. This better be a winning season or....:mad:

TeriB19
12-03-2002, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure it was just a bidding war between Cleveland and Philly and Philly won out.

Dogstar
12-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Did you see the press conference? He was crying when he was talking about leaving Cleveland.

TeriB19
12-03-2002, 06:02 PM
No but it's 6:00 now, I'm putting on the news. I really like that guy.

Weathered
12-03-2002, 07:35 PM
they also might get tom glavine from the braves...it will be decided by the end of this week

DangerousDan85
12-03-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Creed23
Why didn't the Cubs get him.  At least we might get Kent and we already have Dusty.  This better be a winning season or....:mad:

Tell me about it.

Dogstar
12-03-2002, 08:43 PM
Getting Glavine would be something. Lots of Phils fans wouldn't want him, though, because he's a hated Brave. They really can't stand Atlanta and Ted Turner up here...I'm really a Red Sox fan, but I go to lots of Phillies games because I live close (transplanted New Englander). I loooooove Thome, though. I can't wait for summer!

Weathered
12-03-2002, 08:56 PM
yeah i live 2 hours from philly and most peopel hate the braves,...iw ould like if they got glavine though

TeriB19
12-04-2002, 12:04 AM
I hate the Braves. HATE!! Yes, hate is unhealthy, but I hate the Braves. I hope Tom Glavine chooses not to come to Philly. I now he'd be an incredible addition to the pitching staff, but I hate the Braves or former Braves. Sorry, it's the Philly fan coming out in me.

Dogstar
12-04-2002, 12:06 AM
It's the same thing with me and the Yankees. As a Red Sox fan, I loathe the ground upon which they walk. They are scum...Sorry to any NY fans...

TeriB19
12-04-2002, 11:21 AM
I had so little interest in the Yankees/Braves World Series it wasn't even funny.

Bridge of Clay
12-04-2002, 05:37 PM
I watched the last World Series!!!
Well, I didnīt have much patience to watch it all, but the last game I watched! Iīm glad angels did it!

Although I got very disapointed with Baseball when Indians lost the last WSeries they played... :(

I need to choose winning teams in US: see, Iīm Indiansī and Jazzīs fan... both suck! never won nothing... Iīll not even mention Dolphins...

I thinking about switching my nba team to Denver Nuggets, coz of Hilario! and yes, I know Iīm changing 6 for half-dozen...