Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
hilary vs. amy [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : hilary vs. amy

jbjfan
07-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Hilary Duff: "I think evanescence has a pretty bad influence on children. They're okay for now, but i dont think they'll be popular two years from now."

For all the fellow evanescence fans out there, what do you think of this. i got really pissed when i first heard it. evanescence has anything but a BAD influence on kids. :mad1:

DangerousDan85
07-20-2004, 11:39 PM
"but i dont think they'll be popular two years from now."

those words may come back to haunt her. child stars don't exactly have a great track record of longevity. lol

Dogstar
07-21-2004, 01:26 AM
Hahah, true dat, Dan...I think they both are talent-less, but that's just me.

aussiecreeder
07-21-2004, 03:27 AM
hilary will be gone soon enough but i don't care for either really. saying that evanesence are surely better than hilary duff, although with ben moody gone i don't know if the next album will do any good.

Bridge of Clay
07-21-2004, 10:39 AM
who's Hillary? (I'm serious)

meh... evanescence is over rated. I don't even listen to Fallen anymore... and yeah, if you think it's ok for a kid to be inspired by vampires and gothics, whatever. to each it's own.

Amy is cute, though! :)

luvscott4ever
07-21-2004, 02:48 PM
I'm with you Bud!! ;)

Mulletman
07-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Oh... shes quoting Hillary Duff... I thought that was jbjfan comparing both of them... stupid me. Evanesence is totally overrated and overhyped. I mean I like the music but I dont believe that she/them are all that the press makes them out to be. IMO all female rocker are overhyped by the media. I think its because there arent that many around and when they do come around they make one hell of a first impression. I dunno, thats me.

As for Hillary, she nothing more than a pop star. They sing songs that are uplifting and are what thier target audience wants to hear. Thier songs might have a meaningful message but since it didnt come from the heart and feeling isnt there, bubblegum pop.

JulieCitySlicker
07-24-2004, 01:18 AM
I think those words frm Hilary Duff are gonna come back and bite her in the butt, just as Dan said ;) How in the heck did they let that chick sing :eek:

Mr. Prophet Man
07-25-2004, 01:59 AM
Amy Lee is hot

Mulletman
07-25-2004, 08:20 AM
Indeed.

Higher_Desire
08-03-2004, 12:36 AM
who's Hillary? (I'm serious)

meh... evanescence is over rated. I don't even listen to Fallen anymore... and yeah, if you think it's ok for a kid to be inspired by vampires and gothics, whatever. to each it's own.

Amy is cute, though! :)
Hilary (Duff) is a teen actress. She played Lizzie McGuire on a TV show of the same name, and has tried to start a singing carreer, as well as still being an actress.

As for the rest of it, I like Evanescence and don't see what Hilary is talking about saying they have a bad influence. Unless she is simply referring to Amy Lee's semi-goth look.

Through it all, I'd still bone either one of them.

H-D :pimp:

PaulMcCoygirl
08-03-2004, 02:47 AM
IMO Hilary is just a piece of crap. I liked Lizzy McGuire, but when she started a singing career, I couldn't stand her anymore.

JulieCitySlicker
08-16-2004, 04:34 PM
I could never force myself to sit through an episode of Lizzy McGuire :eek: If I ever did I'd probably want to slit my wrsits at the end,lol.

kariyanine
08-16-2004, 04:50 PM
rock bands tend to have more longevity than pop stars do so I think that her comments are going to turn on her. Hilary Duff has never been at the top of her genre. Evanescence has. And currently anything Amy Lee touches turns to gold.

As for Evanescence being a bad influence, I would rather my daughter watch an Evanexcence video than a Hilary Duff video but that is just my opinion.

Trees of Wisdom
08-17-2004, 04:24 PM

Evanescence are close to Linkin Park, talent-wise, so yeah, they're not talented.

I was really disappointed when I bought Fallen. Terrible, terrible album. I am not planning on buying their next album.

Sincirr
09-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Hilary Duff: "I think evanescence has a pretty bad influence on children. They're okay for now, but i dont think they'll be popular two years from now."
Phhhh...she will soon learn to watch what she says publicly. She's young, and silly... :D

A bad influence! See, she doesnt understand that yes, the music is dark, but it is actually a wonderful dark, cos deep calls unto deep, and alot of kids need deep and dark, its their language. Evanescence are full of light though, even though they seem dark, they have a subtle message of hope. If it were obvious, it wouldnt even get a first listen to the kids that need it!

R U Ready?
09-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Evanescence is an alright band and I was thinking about getting their CD, but I listened to the CD from a camper from a camp I went to over the summer and thought it sounded a bit repetitive, and it didn't do anything for me. The "My Immortal" CD version doesn't even get heavy at the end. It stays soft all the way through. That was a disappointment.

Hillary and Amy are both hot though! :D

Alter Shredder
09-06-2004, 09:31 PM
um the cd has both versions of my immortal, and two, the second version was a forced version by wind up which makes it crap.

Wylde-Tremonti
09-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Evanescence are close to Linkin Park, talent-wise, so yeah, they're not talented.

I was really disappointed when I bought Fallen. Terrible, terrible album. I am not planning on buying their next album.
LP not Talented???? Whoa buddy... ok.. i know they're like Techno Rock n stuff... but have you heard Chester Sing????? Damn... what a fucking range taht guy has!!!!!!!

R U Ready?
09-07-2004, 10:01 PM
um the cd has both versions of my immortal, and two, the second version was a forced version by wind up which makes it crap.

The one I listened to didn't...

Sincirr
09-08-2004, 02:57 AM
The one I listened to didn't...
My one doesnt have both... :(

kariyanine
09-08-2004, 11:17 AM
the initial release did not have both versions on it. And from what i understood about the song was that they weren't done with the song and used the demo (which Amy and Ben didn't want to do) on the CD and the band's version was what is played on the radio and the video. I personally like both versions of the song, I love the CD version because it is basically just Amy and the piano and the band version because it builds up to a hard driving point.

Alter Shredder
09-08-2004, 06:41 PM
the initial release did not have both versions on it. And from what i understood about the song was that they weren't done with the song and used the demo (which Amy and Ben didn't want to do) on the CD and the band's version was what is played on the radio and the video. I personally like both versions of the song, I love the CD version because it is basically just Amy and the piano and the band version because it builds up to a hard driving point.

i thought it was the other way around...oh well, who knows

Xterminator27
09-08-2004, 09:30 PM
dont get me started on hillary, she cant sing for shit, FOR SHIT.
Everything she does is "studio fixed" because my ass can make better noises then her.

Seriously, i saw a "live performance" on the much music award show and she fucking lip-synched it, i mean what the hell is that? she sucks hardcore/

Evenesance i dont think are bad at all, shure there not "AMAZING GODLY" but their CD has alot of good songs on it (all seem very similer) and at least amy actually sings half the shit she does

Sincirr
09-08-2004, 10:33 PM
dont get me started on hillary, she cant sing for shit, FOR SHIT.
Everything she does is "studio fixed" because my ass can make better noises then her.
:laugh:
What do U mean they are not "...amazing Godly"? :listen: Do U mean not full-on evangelical-worship-esque.:dunno:
I personally like both versions of the song, I love the CD version because it is basically just Amy and the piano and the band version because it builds up to a hard driving point
mmm, yes,:thumbsup:well said.