Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Floor or Reserved? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Floor or Reserved?

creedfan
11-25-2002, 01:12 PM
I am planning on going to my frist Creed concert in Chicago on 12/29 and I need some advice. Which is better, GA floor or reserved seating? The floors are cheaper but if I get trampled it wont be worth it, I'd rather spend the extra on good reserved seating if thats the case.

Thanks

JenRN
11-25-2002, 01:31 PM
Well.... I have been to 4 Creed shows this year and by far.... the best for me was the floor!! BUT.......it is an all day affair to get on the rail!! You have to be prepared to run like hell and wait in line for most of the day to get on the rail in the front. My first 2 shows I had seats, they are good but.. you need good seats! Definately stay away form the "upper levels" seeing they are not close enough! I had totally different experiences when I was on the rail then when I was in a seat! the only bad thing about the floor is if you are not on the rail, you have a good chance of getting trampled by the crowd in the middle of the floor because the crowd shifts a lot!!!! Good luck I hope this helped you!:D

creedfan
11-25-2002, 01:36 PM
how long did you wait in line to get on the rail?

JenRN
11-25-2002, 01:59 PM
It was different at both venues, at one I waited 9 hours then at the other 3 hours and the fastest runner won!! You really need to study the venue and figure out where you want to be, make friends with the security guards and like I have said run like a bat out of hell!!!!! EVERYONE wants to get on the rail, I saw several arguments arise and it can get ugly but for the most part if you run the fastest and stay in your spot, you will be set!

creedfan
11-25-2002, 02:02 PM
I see. Hopefully they let us tailgate before the show so were not just sitting there.

JenRN
11-25-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by creedfan
I see. Hopefully they let us tailgate before the show so were not just sitting there.

Each venue is different, you should call before to find out! At one show (the 9 hour one) we ordered pizza etc and waited around at the other one we were not allowed to even get in there until 3 hours before the show, then we waited outside in a line for 2 hours, out of the 4 different ones I went to all were different in their rules!

creedfan
11-25-2002, 02:09 PM
good idea....its gonna duck waiting outside for a few hours, december in chicago is killer

hotforscott
11-25-2002, 04:13 PM
I am going to my 3rd creed show and the one i am going to is in chicago. i am kinda nervous in a way because i live in arkansas and am not sure what to expect in chicago. i had seats at my 1st show, floor at my second show and i will never go back to seats. i am definitly floor all the way. i am planning on spending the day waiting so any tips on what you have done in the past to pass the time. the ordering pizza is a good idea. how cold is it in chicago in december? what time would you suggest showing up at the venue? both of the other shows were here in arkansas and i knew what to expect. any advice would be appreciated. thanks

JenRN
11-25-2002, 04:20 PM
How cold is Chicago in december!!! Holy crap are you serious? It is colder than you can only imagine and snow snow snow is all I have to say!!!! If you are going to wait outside the venue you better build an igloo!;) I am from Erie Pa now living in Virginia and all I have to say is LAKE EFFECT SNOW!!!!! Chicago is cold to the max!!!! Any suggestions, well hopefully there will be somewhere warm for you to wait!!!! When I went to the one show I waited 9 hours outside for it was 110 degrees, hell would be the word! I would much rather wait in cold than 110 degree heat! But serioulsy Chicago is damn cold!

hotforscott
11-25-2002, 04:38 PM
i have to be as close as i can get so i guess i am gonna be freezing my ass off. my husband will be thrilled.....ha ha ha. how early would you arrive if you were in my shoes? i am drivng 10 1/2 hours sat, spending the night, then the concert is sunday at 7:15 and then we are spending another night. then driving back to good ole arkansas. i have no idea about cold, it was 70 degrees here the other day. it's 42 today, but we are off and on weather wise. i guess i need to know:
1. what time to get there?
2. what do you think i should wear so i am not freezing outside but not miserable inside?
3. are people mean in chicago, should i expect some rude people?

thanks!

JenRN
11-25-2002, 04:47 PM
Well to answer your questions Chicago is in the north are the people rude? Well... as a yankee myself they are just different from southerners, more direct I would like to say!:rolleyes: Hmmm... what to wear? well when you are in the pit there is no where to "hang" your coat up I really don't know what to tell you? I guess if your car is somewhere close by wear all your warm clothes then close to the doors opening have your hubby take them to the car? I really don't know what time you shoul get there, you really need to call the venue and find out how early people can wait outside, that is what I did both times!

hotforscott
11-25-2002, 05:27 PM
cool, thanks.

TeriB19
11-26-2002, 04:18 AM
Definitely bring something to read or a boom box with cd's. We were first in line in Ft. Wayne and right at the front door was an electrical outlet, so we had tunage all day. Definitely make nice to the security guards. They are your best allies in getting to where you want to be.

hotforscott
11-26-2002, 08:57 AM
thanks, i will remember that. Teri. how early would you arrive? i guess is hould be asking how much earlier should i come once i find out when they will open the doors. the box office acted like i was crazy for asking. i am gonna call back though maybe a little closer to time.

TeriB19
11-26-2002, 11:45 AM
I think it all depends on the size of the floor. For Ft. Wayne, the entire arena was GA, so the earlier the better. We were there at 7:30 a.m. first in line, and the next two guys came after 8, then 2 more girls came around 10 then they started drizzling in. For a concert that has some reserved and some GA I would have to defer to someone else with more experience. Either souldancer or dogstar could answer better than I could.

Dogstar
11-26-2002, 12:20 PM
Well, even with reserved seating, getting there early is key, but I say that knowing now that it also depends on how many lines they have for people. At Penn State, there were four gates of people who had to go to one place for wristbands to get to the floor. They also only had one entrance to the floor. It was nuts. I got there at 7 a.m. and was NOT first in my line, so it didn't work out as well as my getting exactly where I wanted. I did end up about 2/3 of the way down the catwalk on Mark's side, which was still an awesome spot. But, there was a woman standing right behind me who never showed up until 1 p.m. and she got a pretty good spot. It really depends on the venue. I think the best thing is to call the venue when it gets close to the show and find out as much as you can about the lining up, parking and wristband procedure. Every venue seems to be different. Making friends with security is also key, but at Penn State, we barely got a chance to speak to any security people. They never came outside, which might have been due to the weather. It was pretty cold that day.

Creed23
11-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Year I agree.

hotforscott
11-26-2002, 12:47 PM
thanks for all your advice. I know that both of my other shows were here in arkansas so i was extremely familiar with the venue and i made it up to the front, next to the gates they always seem to use to keep us from hopping on stage at my last one. i will call and see what i can come up with. i have never been to chicago so it makes it a little more difficult. thanks again guys!

TeriB19
11-26-2002, 04:08 PM
That's ok. None of us had ever been to Ft. Wayne before, but that didn't stop us from calling the venue and bugging the staff for inside info on the layout of the place. We knew exactly where we were heading well before the doors opened.
Good luck!

JenRN
11-27-2002, 08:43 PM
Take some hard candy or a tin of mini hard mints, it helped me out a lot when I did not want to drink H20!!!! You guys are gonna have a great time!!! soooo jealous, hey maybe I can still figure out a way to go to the NYE show and get my tickets on the auction? Who knows I could only hope!

Dogstar
11-27-2002, 08:45 PM
Jen, that would be so cool. I really hope you can figure something out because it's going to be a blast. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

TeriB19
11-27-2002, 11:08 PM
Jen can you get off work??? I think you may still be able to get tix through Stubhub. Not sure on prices though. And I haven't checked Ticketmaster but you may still get lucky. That would just be awesome!!! Keep us posted!

hiknman
12-10-2002, 07:39 PM
Who's bringin the firewood I'll bring a lighter and a news paper!:dancing:

The-Seeker
12-13-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by creedfan
I am planning on going to my frist Creed concert in Chicago on 12/29 and I need some advice. Which is better, GA floor  or reserved seating? The floors are cheaper but if I get trampled it wont be worth it, I'd rather spend the extra on good reserved seating if thats the case.

Thanks Thats weird that the floor is less money. It was the same price as reg. seats at the one I went to. Anyway I liked floor a lot and would recommend it but my back was hurting a lot after the concert and it was hard to walk after standing all that time.

thecandylady
12-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Floor seats, on the rail.... Just got to see them up close on the floor in Sacramento Dec. 2nd... What an awesome experience!!!!