Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Mr. Kennedy [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Kennedy

rainfall
03-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Well, since there is alot of assuption that Myles Kennedy is the lead vocalist for Mark's band. I have become curious as to what everyones idea is about this man, what your opinions are as to his abilities as a musician, how you think he will contribute to this project. Just would like to hear about the general sense of how you all regard him is what I am curious about. :)

Jooji_2
03-23-2004, 04:46 PM
I've never heard of him, or heard anything he's done, so I guess I'll have to wait for this project to finally be released before I can say anything. :dunno:

Higher_Desire
03-23-2004, 05:36 PM
I'd never heard of him. Never heard of his band. I guess there's probably stuff you can download at mayfieldfour.net

H-D :)

rainfall
03-23-2004, 06:03 PM
you guys are killing me....joking, it would be cool though if you guys took a look at him, you could even rent the movie rockstar and skip to the end and see him wail.

Trees of Wisdom
03-23-2004, 06:10 PM
Myles Kennedy is an amazing vocalist. I hope he will be the the leadsinger for Mark's band.

Rift
03-23-2004, 06:52 PM
I bought the Mayfield Four record 2 years ago, and always thought Myles voice was great, now with him singing with Tremonti's style of guitar is going to be outragous! I can't wait for it!

Bridge of Clay
03-23-2004, 07:01 PM
look for a thread called "so, we're going Myles Kennedy" and you'll find all the "assumptions" and opinions! ;)

aussiecreeder
03-23-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm not just saying this because we all think he is the singer for Mark's band but Myles is one of the best singers in popular music today. He has such range, power and control and emotion to boot. Plus he is a top songwriter and not a bad guitarist either. Myles and Mark in the same group? I'm salivating! :D

Bridge of Clay
03-23-2004, 08:39 PM
I dunno. I agree he has a great voice and great singing skills, but I wanna try the new songs first before I judge him, since I reckon in Mayfield 4 he used to scream more than the necessary. Sorry, but I'm not into screaming instead of singing.

m3lissa
03-23-2004, 08:50 PM
i heard the samples on their official site, none of the songs really stood out to me. no doubt he might be a good vocalist but the songs were just boring to me.

Bridge of Clay
03-23-2004, 09:11 PM
oh, no. from their last album there were about 3 or 4 songs that I really liked. That's a good thing considering we had only 30 secs! :P

m3lissa
03-23-2004, 09:14 PM
which songs are you talking about?

Dogstar
03-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Hiya, M3lissa! Long time no see...I confess I know nothing about this guy and I haven't seen Rockstar, so I guess I'll be renting that one.

hayley
03-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Rockstar is a great movie! Which guy is Myles?

Dogstar
03-24-2004, 12:49 AM
Hiya, Hayley!!! I'm told he appears at the end of the movie, singing in some capacity. He's a fan or something in the movie. Not sure, as I haven't seen it

facelessman
03-24-2004, 12:54 AM
ive never heard of him

aussiecreeder
03-24-2004, 03:40 AM
hey kiddies you are missing out! :) i know in some of those songs (the ones with 30 second clips) he does his fair share of yelling but download these. If you are not impressed then I kill you!:)

http://www.astro.lsa.umich.edu/~plummer/html/mf4/audio/mf4-dontwalkaway-re1.mp3
http://www.astro.lsa.umich.edu/~plummer/html/mf4/audio/Eden_(remix).mp3 (sounds My Sacrifice like actually which isn't representive of them or that album).

hayley
03-24-2004, 03:43 AM
I can't remember the guy, but I remember looking at a picture of Myles, and he seems pretty hot :wub: :D

hayley
03-24-2004, 03:45 AM
Hey, Kerri!! *waves* How's it going? :)

aussiecreeder
03-24-2004, 07:34 AM
this could be great and I mean GREAT!

The songwriting and shredding skills of Mark Tremonti at the forefront, Brian Marhshall's incredible bass lines, Philips (he was always good but it sounds like he has gone to a new level) and just when you thought that was enough over the top you hear one of the great singers of our generation Myles Kennedy with guitar in hand (assuming he is the singer of course).

SCOTTSMYMAN
03-24-2004, 10:55 AM
I can't remember the guy, but I remember looking at a picture of Myles, and he seems pretty hot :wub: :D
As a matter of fact, I put a pic of him up in the hot guy thread. He is pretty hot!!! :pant: As for his appearance in Rockstar it is at the end of the movie. Mark Walhberg pulls him up from the crowd and he starts singing. He does have a really great voice. What a great addition he would be to Tremo's band!!

Dogstar
03-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey, Kerri!! *waves* How's it going? :)
Hiya, Hayley, big :hugs: to you, girl. I'm doing just fine! How 'bout you?

Hide, thanks for the links. I will definitely check him out.

rainfall
03-24-2004, 12:50 PM
this could be great and I mean GREAT!

The songwriting and shredding skills of Mark Tremonti at the forefront, Brian Marhshall's incredible bass lines, Philips (he was always good but it sounds like he has gone to a new level) and just when you thought that was enough over the top you hear one of the great singers of our generation Myles Kennedy with guitar in hand (assuming he is the singer of course).

and from what I have heard, I don't think he's to shabby on guitar, although he is no Mark Tremonti. ;)

Jooji_2
03-24-2004, 03:18 PM
I checked out the site....which apparently the news hasn't been updated since 2001? So I'm guessing the tour with Everclear was in 2001?

The guy has a nice voice, but nothing on the clips jumped out at me which is why I guess I've never heard them on radio in my part of the country.

As for how he looks...I've seen pictures. I'm sure he's probably a really nice guy.....but, and keep in mind this is just my opinion.....eye candy he isn't.

Wish them all luck, but I'll wait to hear this stuff for myself. :D

P.S. Sorry...I'm not gonna rent a Marky Mark movie just to see a guy at the very end.

aussiecreeder
03-24-2004, 06:20 PM
and from what I have heard, I don't think he's to shabby on guitar, although he is no Mark Tremonti. ;)

no he's not too shabby on guitar which will give this group more flexiblity. Here is an interestering article for those that haven't seen it about Myles.

http://www.astro.lsa.umich.edu/~plummer/html/mf4/article-112602.html

That is really a shame but I guess Slash's loss is Tremonti's gain!

rainfall
03-24-2004, 08:05 PM
I checked out the site....which apparently the news hasn't been updated since 2001? So I'm guessing the tour with Everclear was in 2001?

The guy has a nice voice, but nothing on the clips jumped out at me which is why I guess I've never heard them on radio in my part of the country.

As for how he looks...I've seen pictures. I'm sure he's probably a really nice guy.....but, and keep in mind this is just my opinion.....eye candy he isn't.

Wish them all luck, but I'll wait to hear this stuff for myself. :D

P.S. Sorry...I'm not gonna rent a Marky Mark movie just to see a guy at the very end.

yes, the tour with everclear was in 2001, and jooji appreciate the opinion I know not everyone is going to think he's badass, thanks for your two cents if you have any more ideas about him let them fly. :rockon:

hayley
03-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Mark Walhberg pulls him up from the crowd and he starts singing. He does have a really great voice. What a great addition he would be to Tremo's band!!
Oh, okay. Unfortunatly, I can't remember the end. :eek: But yes, he is very hot. I can't wait for this new band. :D

Hiya, Hayley, big :hugs: to you, girl. I'm doing just fine! How 'bout you?
:) Good to hear, Kerri. I'm doing great, it's awesome to be back on the board again. ;)

Eye candy he is :D But that is my opinon, and looks aren't all that matters in a band, of course.

rainfall
03-26-2004, 11:08 AM
bump ;)

titanguy9
03-26-2004, 07:05 PM
so what stuff do we have to prove that this guy is the singer?

aussiecreeder
03-27-2004, 07:09 AM
so what stuff do we have to prove that this guy is the singer?

hopefully I don't get creedgodess in trouble with Michael but this is what she posted at marktremonti.net (she was the lucky person who saw thier gig the other night).

I can't really answer for Mark's singing. I know that sounds strange but I was trying to pay attention to so many things. Michael could answer that question better than anyone.

Myles played some guitar, yes.

why we can't be told my Michael i'm not really sure but Myles is the lead singer/rhythm guitarist.

RockGoddess
03-27-2004, 08:37 AM
I saw your post and thought I copy what I posted over at MTnet.

About mentioning the lead singer - up until now it was asked that people "in the know" (i.e. Michael) not mention him by name because, frankly, the label wanted to be the one to introduce him. When I went to the rehearsal, the same thing was asked of me and so I honored that.

At Fliponline however, Flip's mom posted (with Flip's permission) and mentioned Myles by name; basically letting the unofficial/official cat out of the bag. Both Fliponline and CreedPit ran with it. And that's how that's goes.

JenRN
03-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Let's see another pic of him!

JenRN
03-27-2004, 04:20 PM
you guys are killing me....joking, it would be cool though if you guys took a look at him, you could even rent the movie rockstar and skip to the end and see him wail.
Which person was he? I have seen this movie tons of times. Is that the guy Mark Whalberg brought on stage at the end to take his place? :confused:

aussiecreeder
03-27-2004, 06:06 PM
sorry if i get you in troube :) but you had already let the rabbit out of the proverbial bag at marktremonti.net. it was the worst kept secret since well.......:)

RockGoddess
03-27-2004, 06:20 PM
sorry if i get you in troube :) but you had already let the rabbit out of the proverbial bag at marktremonti.net. it was the worst kept secret since well.......:)

Only after Flip's mom had posted at Fliponline. And if you read my original post at CreedPit, immediately following the rehearsal, I made it clear that most of us knew who it was without my having to say so.

ETA: You couldn't get me in trouble.

hayley
03-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Hmm this is interesting

Dogstar
03-27-2004, 10:49 PM
I just want to hear what they all sound like. Man, I can't wait for this to come out already!

Bridge of Clay
03-27-2004, 10:54 PM
If any of you still have doubts, listen to a song called "Mars Hotel" from M4. Myles goes from low to high ranges with so many different tones so easilly. He's really good.

aussiecreeder
03-28-2004, 08:52 AM
If any of you still have doubts, listen to a song called "Mars Hotel" from M4. Myles goes from low to high ranges with so many different tones so easilly. He's really good.

Mars Hotel is great but I still think "Summergirl" is the best exhibition at least at the higher range. Seems to go so high with so little effort and can hold it there with great control. His control in "Don't Walk Away" is also very good.

I guess we shouldn't compare but lets face it they will come think and fast soon enough. Myles is a completely different kettle of fish to Scott. Scott has that great baritone that has been likened to Vedder, Weiland, Morrison and co, his the man with the golden pen, spirtual lyrics, Jesus Christ Poses and many say a big arrogant streak. Some love him, others hate him much like Creed actually. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Myles is a more all-round talent who is a good guitarist and songwriter both musically and lyrically. He is clearly not the lyrcrist Scott is and doesn't have the stage presence. His voice will competely win you over and working the crowd isn't used so much and probably not needed. Scott Stapp was the major reason for Creed's commercial success IMO. Myles could be Bob Dylan with a voice of an angel and wouldn't be as marketable as Scott is/was.

rainfall
03-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Which person was he? I have seen this movie tons of times. Is that the guy Mark Whalberg brought on stage at the end to take his place? :confused:

yes, jen he is, thor god of thunder....he went in the studio and recorded a voice over for the scene, but thats all him.

rainfall
03-28-2004, 10:14 AM
no he's not too shabby on guitar which will give this group more flexiblity. Here is an interestering article for those that haven't seen it about Myles.

http://www.astro.lsa.umich.edu/~plummer/html/mf4/article-112602.html

That is really a shame but I guess Slash's loss is Tremonti's gain!

I believe he use to teach guitar back in spokane, before mayfield started getting noticed and then again after they were done touring.

aussiecreeder
03-28-2004, 10:30 AM
I believe he use to teach guitar back in spokane, before mayfield started getting noticed and then again after they were done touring.

i wonder what the future holds for The Mayfield Four and Myles outside this band? Considering they haven't done anything since 2001 I guess M4 fans have reason to be concerned coupled with this new group. I think I remember reading about him doing some solo work but I would need some confirmation there.

aussiecreeder
03-28-2004, 10:41 AM
sorry for the double post but here is part of a preddy good article on M4.

The band's first single "Eden (Turn the Page)" is a power juggernaut noise, both aggressive and emotive with the guitars turned way up. Most critics will describe the sound as a charging hybrid of Creed and Led Zeppelin and in writing so may ultimately do this band a grave disfavor. The track is rock songwriting at its best certainly, yet ... the album has a much broader sound than the single suggests. Which implies that the label marketing department, who perhaps was looking to have MF4 jump on the Creed bandwagon, has influenced the choice of single. Why else choose a song that doesn't reflect their entire repertoire? Myles confirms that the choice of single came from label and management.

"It was tricky," he states honestly, "because everyone was pretty passionate about certain songs."

And the Creed pigeonholing?

"It is a concern. I'll be honest with you, I get hyper concerned about these things," he says sincerely. "Believe me I've stayed up many nights worrying about very similar things. Lyrically I think 'Eden' is pretty compelling. Musically I'm happy with it. Are there other songs that I'm probably more attached to? Yeah, but it kind of has a lot of elements. I mean, look, with a lot of people being this passionate, there's a certain level of compromise. It's difficult, but... "

This is a band that is familiar with being pigeonholed. Their last album had critics comparing the singer's vocals to that of Chris Cornell (just like critics compared Scott Stapp to Eddie Vedder). Myles was surprised at the Cornell comparison. "I thought that Soundgarden was an amazing band, but I wasn't necessarily a disciple of the whole early '90s thing, I kind of shied away from it. So it shocked me but at the same time I guess there were worse people to be compared to, it could have been Warrant or something," he says laughing. "I'll take Chris Cornell."

Eden does sound very Creed like to be honest, when I first heard it I thought hey it sounds like My Sacrifice, perhaps you guys won't agree. But it is true it isn't a true representation of that album as a whole. Interestering to see he recieved similar "accusations" to Scott although obviously on a much smaller scale. I did some searching and he did teach at a school in Spokane (guitar).

JenRN
03-28-2004, 10:41 AM
yes, jen he is, thor god of thunder....he went in the studio and recorded a voice over for the scene, but thats all him.
That is cool, I thought to myself "hey this guy is pretty good"!

- I personally like a stronger baratone voice the best. That is what attracted me to Scott from the get go, and the lyrics...... well. I personally think it will be hard to match Creed's lyrics as a whole. I am anxious to hear all the new material, I am sure it will ROCK!!!!

Bridge of Clay
03-28-2004, 01:03 PM
No, you can't compare Myles to Stapp. They have different styles and technical skills.

Yet, I love Stapp's tone. It caught my attention the first time I heard him. I love his lyrics. He's my favourite singer.

Myles is great, although I'm personally not a fan of the high ranges. I'm looking forward to listen how he fits to Mark. Maybe he'll come up with a different style of M4, since he sounds really versatile.

Trees of Wisdom
03-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I like his style of singing in "Eden (Turn the Page)".

WeatheredWoman
03-28-2004, 04:25 PM
- I personally like a stronger baratone voice the best.

I'm with ya on that!!! :clap:

aussiecreeder
03-28-2004, 05:57 PM
No, you can't compare Myles to Stapp. They have different styles and technical skills.

Yet, I love Stapp's tone. It caught my attention the first time I heard him. I love his lyrics. He's my favourite singer.

Myles is great, although I'm personally not a fan of the high ranges. I'm looking forward to listen how he fits to Mark. Maybe he'll come up with a different style of M4, since he sounds really versatile.

no you can't compare but but it will obviously be done! Just like Zak De Rocha and Chris Cornell and Axl Rose and Scott Weiland. All four of these guys are vastly different singers and yet are compared because their bands remained basically the same with a lineup change in the vocalist department.

I personally prefer a higher range singer such as Chris Cornell or Myles Kennedy but besides these guys and Axl Rose no-one really does it very well. A baritone is great for Mark's style of music and I will miss having Scott's lyrics here but oh well. This does free up Mark though where he can wail and doesn't have to detune his guitar half the time.

Trees of Wisdom
03-28-2004, 06:23 PM
no you can't compare but but it will obviously be done! Just like Zak De Rocha and Chris Cornell and Axl Rose and Scott Weiland. All four of these guys are vastly different singers and yet are compared because their bands remained basically the same with a lineup change in the vocalist department.

I personally prefer a higher range singer such as Chris Cornell or Myles Kennedy but besides these guys and Axl Rose no-one really does it very well. A baritone is great for Mark's style of music and I will miss having Scott's lyrics here but oh well. This does free up Mark though where he can wail and doesn't have to detune his guitar half the time.

Mark can finally express himself as a musician. He can solo as much as he wants. He has written all the lyrics to his songs and he's got a rhythm guitarist. Mark will enjoy this band more than he ever did with Creed.

aussiecreeder
03-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Mark can finally express himself as a musician. He can solo as much as he wants. He has written all the lyrics to his songs and he's got a rhythm guitarist. Mark will enjoy this band more than he ever did with Creed.

its a vastly different dynamic to Creed, this is all Mark really with a fantastic singer to sing his songs while Creed was really a partnership at least songwriting wise between Mark and Scott. Whatever happens in the future Mark I hope will be very grateful for Creed, otherwise Myles probably wouldn't have auditoned for the singers spot. He wouldn't have being asked to produce Submersed's album, write songs for Troy Stetina the list goes on. Sure Mark earnt what he has received but Scott was a major reason for Creed's success.

Bridge of Clay
03-28-2004, 07:33 PM
dudes... you're here because you're Creed fans, not only a member fan.

Stop saying/acting like Creed sucked or that the new band is way better than Creed... you didn't even listened to them yet.

aussiecreeder
03-28-2004, 07:44 PM
hey unlike my friend Trees of Wisdom here I do like Scott Stapp and think he's a great singer, lyrcrist and performer. I'm trying to be a little objective here, and please can we still have Creed? No doubt this album will rock like a mule though!

Dogstar
03-28-2004, 08:07 PM
I agree, Marcos...Creed were ALL of them, and ALL of them made the band successful, not just one or two. That said, I'm still psyched to hear whatever they put out solo-wise...Mark AND Scott :D.

hayley
03-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Whatever happens in the future Mark I hope will be very grateful for Creed,
I may have read that wrong, but what do you mean you hope that Mark will be very grateful for Creed? Of course he will be, he has been with them for like 5 or 6 years, how could he not be grateful.

Sure Mark earnt what he has received but Scott was a major reason for Creed's success.
Grrr, dude stop saying that. So many people have said that already, and we all keep on saying the same thing. Creed just wasn't Stapp, Creed was Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and until Human Clay, Brian Marshall. When a band becomes succesfull, popular, and builds its fans, well actually to put it simply, when you are a band, it's not just one band member putting it all together and making a band what they are, it's all of the band members. For Creed it wasn't just Stapp, it was all of them.

aussiecreeder
03-29-2004, 04:14 AM
I may have read that wrong, but what do you mean you hope that Mark will be very grateful for Creed? Of course he will be, he has been with them for like 5 or 6 years, how could he not be grateful.

Grrr, dude stop saying that. So many people have said that already, and we all keep on saying the same thing. Creed just wasn't Stapp, Creed was Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and until Human Clay, Brian Marshall. When a band becomes succesfull, popular, and builds its fans, well actually to put it simply, when you are a band, it's not just one band member putting it all together and making a band what they are, it's all of the band members. For Creed it wasn't just Stapp, it was all of them.

yeah i know its all of them i'm trying to restore some balance Scott's way for what its worth. I have heard plenty around here about how great Mark's band will be (which it will be i'm psyched) but because we don't know much about Scott's stuff I don't think he's getting as much love. It was a songwriting partnership after all. I think you are poiting out the obvious here!

aussiecreeder
03-29-2004, 04:20 AM
yeah i know its all of them i'm trying to restore some balance Scott's way for what its worth. I have heard plenty around here about how great Mark's band will be (which it will be i'm psyched) but because we don't know much about Scott's stuff I don't think he's getting as much love. It was a songwriting partnership after all. I think you are poiting out the obvious here!

i'm quoting myself here hehe but why am i talking in the past sense? ggrrr

Trees of Wisdom
03-29-2004, 06:24 PM
i'm quoting myself here hehe but why am i talking in the past sense? ggrrr

I can sense a spamer here!

aussiecreeder
03-29-2004, 06:58 PM
I can sense a spamer here!

spam?

Wind-Up will announce this new band including an introduction of Myles and they will just get a shrug of the shoulders!

musicmind226
03-29-2004, 07:23 PM

I whole heartly aggree 110%, I think possibly this band could succeed creed. And I garentee you that this band will receive ten times the respect creed EVER got. :)

aussiecreeder
03-29-2004, 07:31 PM
I whole heartly aggree 110%, I think possibly this band could succeed creed. And I garentee you that this band will receive ten times the respect creed EVER got. :)

i have thought about this possiblity and already people are giving this group some respect and want to see what they will bring out. but hey call me selfish but i want creed and the new band just like Tool fans have APC as well. they will be their own band with their own sound not creed mark 2. lyrically it will not be as good as creed i am willing to bet on that. i hate that it seems people are taking sides lets just embrace whatever they do. i think i might even the "jesus christ poses" hehe

Trees of Wisdom
03-29-2004, 09:22 PM

At least they won't be called rip-offs, have their leadsinger be called a jerk, have their leadsinger drunk on stage, be called christians, have a terrible fanclub magazine, and have several hatesites dedicated to them. :rolleyes:

hayley
03-30-2004, 12:37 AM
but because we don't know much about Scott's stuff I don't think he's getting as much love. It was a songwriting partnership after all.
Yeah, I agree. But I think that if there was regular news on Scott's band/solo career as there is about Mark's, we would be just as excited. It's a shame there is no news at all about Scott's musical career, but hopefully there will be soon.

I think you are poiting out the obvious here!
Geesh, sorry for ruffling your feathers.

lyrically it will not be as good as creed i am willing to bet on that. i hate that it seems people are taking sides lets just embrace whatever they do.
I think I tent to agree on the lyrics issue. But you never know, I'm just judging on that song that was posted here that Mark wrote, I didn't like that lyrical content that much, but I just read it on the surface, there is a deeper side to alot of rock songs, including that song.

At least they won't be called rip-offs, have their leadsinger be called a jerk, have their leadsinger drunk on stage, be called christians, have a terrible fanclub magazine, and have several hatesites dedicated to them:rolleyes:
Yeah, Creed got so much dissing and hatred for just being a band. Now that I can look back, and see what they went through, it makes me angry just thinking that people could be so cruel and diss Creed so much. Oh well, what's done is done and we should just look forward to the future.

aussiecreeder
03-30-2004, 05:34 AM
At least they won't be called rip-offs, have their leadsinger be called a jerk, have their leadsinger drunk on stage, be called christians, have a terrible fanclub magazine, and have several hatesites dedicated to them. :rolleyes:

well there is still a bit on conjecture over exactly what happened at Chicago, but please don't call us christians anything besides that! How about the positives, a rock band that kids in stricter environments are allowed to listen to, that writes positive lyrics and the great work done by the WAWOF. The fanclub is a joke i'll give you that! And some of those hatesites are actually a good laugh, every Creed fan should hear Dave Grohl's parody of WAWO. :)

Trees of Wisdom
03-30-2004, 07:04 PM
well there is still a bit on conjecture over exactly what happened at Chicago, but please don't call us christians anything besides that! How about the positives, a rock band that kids in stricter environments are allowed to listen to, that writes positive lyrics and the great work done by the WAWOF. The fanclub is a joke i'll give you that! And some of those hatesites are actually a good laugh, every Creed fan should hear Dave Grohl's parody of WAWO. :)

It got too annoying that Creed was being called a christian band. Although, Creed did bring more positive music mainstream. We need more positive music and less "I want to shoot up the school" type of music. If Creed denies being a christian rock band, then why would they be christian rock band, regardless?!

hayley
03-31-2004, 12:51 AM
And some of those hatesites are actually a good laugh,
Yeah, they are, they are so funny, especially www.creedsucks.com, that is the best Creed hate board EVER, I think it's funny how they go to all of that trouble to make a site like that. :rolleyes:

aussiecreeder
03-31-2004, 07:20 AM
Yeah, they are, they are so funny, especially www.creedsucks.com, that is the best Creed hate board EVER, I think it's funny how they go to all of that trouble to make a site like that. :rolleyes:

its actually quite sad that someone would go to so much trouble to make a site about something they detest. but the fake radio interviews, Grohl's song and the MTV deathmatch vs Vedder are a crack-up and a half!

Eddie: its all about the music lady
MTV: okay we'll go and talk to Scott Stapp then
Eddie: Don't you see his ripping off my voice, its my voice MY voice!

LMAO

SCOTTSMYMAN
03-31-2004, 02:33 PM
Those sites are just a big joke! It's sad to see someone had that much time on their hands but the only thing that really pisses me off about them is the way they talk about the fans. here's a quote:
Who are the masses? This group consists mostly of spoon-fed music fans who jump from one bandwagon to the next.
here's another one:
Creed is the Pat Boone of today, taking a sound popular 5 or 6 years before their awful debut and dumbing it down so that anyone with the IQ of a lentil will find it profound.

If they want to bash Creed fine but do they have to bash us as fans!!!

jbjfan
03-31-2004, 09:59 PM
im not all that interested in that guy, never heard of him. :cool:

hayley
04-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Eddie: its all about the music lady
MTV: okay we'll go and talk to Scott Stapp then
Eddie: Don't you see his ripping off my voice, its my voice MY voice!

lol.

I know it is sad, but it's funny at the same time. I just laugh at it because of the trouble they all go to to make a nice site that bashes Creed, it's pathetic. I don't laugh at it because I'm laughing with them, I'm laughing at them.

About the fan thing, who cares what they think, what would they know about us fans? ANSWER = Nothing!

aussiecreeder
04-01-2004, 07:17 AM
hey check this out!

bought Second Skin specifically on your recommendation Surprise. myles' voice is awesome. i look forward to this new band

how sweet is that? someone over at the PJ board is now experiencing mf4 through my recommendation. I'm....oh I mean Myles na I"M the man! :)

rainfall
04-01-2004, 09:39 AM
hey check this out!

bought Second Skin specifically on your recommendation Surprise. myles' voice is awesome. i look forward to this new band

how sweet is that? someone over at the PJ board is now experiencing mf4 through my recommendation. I'm....oh I mean Myles na I"M the man! :)

Thats great, yeah I know what you mean he is pretty amazing. I really glad to hear that you liked him so much that you are recommending him to other people. :rockon:

aussiecreeder
04-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Thats great, yeah I know what you mean he is pretty amazing. I really glad to hear that you liked him so much that you are recommending him to other people. :rockon:

what's not to recommend? :) looking through the lyric sheet that comes with "Second Skin" Mark would have to write some preddy good lyrics to be a better lyrcrist then Myles. While Myles isn't Bob Dylan in that respect he is more then adequate. Something from their cd book that brought me a smile, they thank Chris Cornell and Susan Silver!

rainfall
04-02-2004, 02:02 PM
what's not to recommend? :) looking through the lyric sheet that comes with "Second Skin" Mark would have to write some preddy good lyrics to be a better lyrcrist then Myles. While Myles isn't Bob Dylan in that respect he is more then adequate. Something from their cd book that brought me a smile, they thank Chris Cornell and Susan Silver!

Your right he is pretty instinctive when it comes to music, which is why it makes me nervous for Myles when its said that this is Marks Band and he is writing everything, because from what I think about Myles, is that he has an immense amount of ideas and vision and what he loves is the music and being a part of the process. So for him to just be marks chosen voice and not chosen artist I think is somewhat hampering for him. And from what I gather this project was initiated by mark so I do understand that he probably is very passionate about what he wants to do and has this plan in his head that he is trying to accomplish but, I am also hoping that Myles is somewhat and maybe in the future more, but for now I would settle for Mark colaberating and allowing Myles to get some of his ideas out there for consideration. This is just what I think but, from what I gather about who Mr. Kennedy is, is that he probably would not have said yes if he wasn't going to be apart of the process, writing, musical composition, etc... at least a bit. .....Really anxious to experience this collaboration of musical talents. :rockon:

RockGoddess
04-02-2004, 04:53 PM
I would settle for Mark colaberating and allowing Myles to get some of his ideas out there for consideration.

I am quite confident that this does in fact take place. I don't think Mark is so egotistical that he doesn't welcome ideas from his own band mates. If it benefits the music, then I'm sure Mark is all for it.

Just my opinion.

rainfall
04-02-2004, 06:32 PM
I am quite confident that this does in fact take place. I don't think Mark is so egotistical that he doesn't welcome ideas from his own band mates. If it benefits the music, then I'm sure Mark is all for it.

Just my opinion.

I didn't firgure that that is how mark was but then I dont know mark. I just am thinking about how many people are preconceiving that this is all Mark and no one else and thats kind of a dismal thought concerning other artists.

And it's good to hear that in your opinion you think this is taking place.

aussiecreeder
04-02-2004, 06:46 PM
This is Mark's baby so you would expect him to be the creative force but i'm sure Myles is having some input. I hope in subsequent albums that Myles has far more input in the writing of the songs. It was always going to be this way because of the audition process and by the time Myles was chosen a lot of the songs were probably already written in full. I hope its more democratic next time around and Brian and Scott also help in the writing process.

The flexiblity Myles provides really excites me, listen to two songs on Second Skin "Backslide" and "White Flag", the man can solo! :) We have a guitar teacher who just happens to have one of the better voices in rock today. MF4 drummer Zia is also top notch.

RockGoddess
04-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Well, when I was at the rehearsal there were roughly 30 songs listed on the boards. All of which have been written by Mark. But I would think that if Myles brought something to a song that maybe Mark wasn't expecting, or hadn't thought of, he'd be pretty open to it.

aussiecreeder
04-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Well, when I was at the rehearsal there were roughly 30 songs listed on the boards. All of which have been written by Mark. But I would think that if Myles brought something to a song that maybe Mark wasn't expecting, or hadn't thought of, he'd be pretty open to it.

that is probably true, next album i think will be more of a songwriting partnership. was there much talking between songs? does myles interact with the crowd much? this is wicked we have two guys in this band who can weild an axe (one obviously better then the other) :) i guess myles won't be doing much besides this for the next few months but i wonder what his plans are? will MF4 contiue after a few years of not doing much, will he do a solo album? looking at Scott's and Myle's respective lyrics to me it seems fairly clear that scott does far more reading then Myles does. sorry shouldn't compare but i just can't help it! somebody spank me! ladies? LMAO

RockGoddess
04-03-2004, 08:51 AM
was there much talking between songs? does myles interact with the crowd much?

Not till the very end of the rehearsal. Myles started to talk a little bit. But not much. I was expecting a real rehearsal; you know, a lot of stopping and starting. But it was really more of a showcase as Michael said. So they went from one song to the next. But it wasn't a concert either, so the guys weren't exactly "demonstrative". They basically just got down to business, got frustrated with the sound, etc., did their best to showcase their stuff, then Myles thanked everyone for coming. And people casually hung around, and then slowly made their way out.

that was pretty much it.

The Lithium
04-03-2004, 01:18 PM
dudes... you're here because you're Creed fans, not only a member fan.

Stop saying/acting like Creed sucked or that the new band is way better than Creed... you didn't even listened to them yet.

Thank you Marc!!! You always say such a smart things!

rainfall
04-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Thank you Marc!!! You always say such a smart things!
thats right, but it is ok to praise certain people or aspects that we see to be extordinary, doesn't mean that we are not fans of all of them, including scott who seems to be the only member of creed not involved in this new project.

The Lithium
04-03-2004, 03:10 PM
thats right, but it is ok to praise certain people or aspects that we see to be extordinary, doesn't mean that we are not fans of all of them, including scott who seems to be the only member of creed not involved in this new project.

Myles is okay, but I think Scott is SO much better!! SO, SO, SO, SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

rainfall
04-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Myles is okay, but I think Scott is SO much better!! SO, SO, SO, SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

Thats cool, I like Scott to but everyone has their different preferences for different reasons. :rockon:

The Lithium
04-03-2004, 04:21 PM
I have just one question... Is it just hearsaying or did Flip's mom say that Myles is the one that is the new singer?

aussiecreeder
04-03-2004, 10:56 PM
I have just one question... Is it just hearsaying or did Flip's mom say that Myles is the one that is the new singer?

yes she posted that at fliponline!

aussiecreeder
04-03-2004, 11:02 PM
rockgoddess in second skin myles weilds his axe a bit, can we expect that on this album or will he guitar be more in a support role for Mark? I guess the former won't happen. You said Flip has come into his own, how so? Is he more of a power drummer, some drum solos, different timings and so on? Any runs from Brian? sorry too many questions? :) Everyone should listen to MF4's "Believe" Myles's solo there is top notch!

The Lithium
04-04-2004, 05:07 AM
some drum solos

Oh, I'd loooooove that!!!

aussiecreeder
04-04-2004, 05:52 AM
Oh, I'd loooooove that!!!

hehe i'ld love to see it all guitar solos (of course), Myles holding to notes for an eternity, runs from Marshall, drum solos the works! :) only one or two songs otherwise it will sound Metallicish with a singer who can wail.

The Lithium
04-04-2004, 05:57 AM
hehe i'ld love to see it all guitar solos (of course), Myles holding to notes for an eternity, runs from Marshall, drum solos the works! :) only one or two songs otherwise it will sound Metallicish with a singer who can wail.

But a drum solo would be really cool. I though about it last night how cool it would be if Flip could put on a kick ass solo live!! And then of course. The worlds best guitarist... MARK TREMONTI!!!!! :jam: Can't wait to hear the solos, everyone who have heard those says it's just amazing!! And I'm not doubtfull at all!!!!!

aussiecreeder
04-04-2004, 06:38 AM
But a drum solo would be really cool. I though about it last night how cool it would be if Flip could put on a kick ass solo live!! And then of course. The worlds best guitarist... MARK TREMONTI!!!!! :jam: Can't wait to hear the solos, everyone who have heard those says it's just amazing!! And I'm not doubtfull at all!!!!!

that would be cool i really want to see Flip rip it up and have his name tossed around as one of the better drummers going around. I'm glad I bought Second Skin because Zia Uddin is one of the better drummers going around and delievers some handy back-up vocals to boot. Can't wait to this album drops.......

Bridge of Clay
04-04-2004, 01:22 PM
hehe funny you mentioned that. One of the songs for the new band is called "Metalish" (or something like that), but it's going to have the title changed for the album.

The Lithium
04-04-2004, 02:40 PM
hehe funny you mentioned that. One of the songs for the new band is called "Metalish" (or something like that), but it's going to have the title changed for the album.

Cool. It's not really like Creed to name a song "Metalish". But this is not Creed. And after all they will change the name...

aussiecreeder
04-04-2004, 07:35 PM

oh yeah thats right Metalingus right? Real Heavy apparently maybe it will make Bullets sound like Lullaby! hehe

hayley
04-05-2004, 04:26 AM
i really want to see Flip rip it up and have his name tossed around as one of the better drummers going around.

That's exactly what I want, Flip really, really deserves more credit

The Lithium
04-05-2004, 05:55 AM
oh yeah thats right Metalingus right? Real Heavy apparently maybe it will make Bullets sound like Lullaby! hehe

Then it better be HEAVY!!! :jam:

The Lithium
04-05-2004, 05:56 AM
That's exactly what I want, Flip really, really deserves more credit

:rockon: :flip: :jam:

hayley
04-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Amen to that. He really does deserve more than what he gets now though, obviously.

Maybe he will in this new band? :dunno: Hopefully

Trees of Wisdom
04-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Amen to that. He really does deserve more than what he gets now though, obviously.

Maybe he will in this new band? :dunno: Hopefully

Mark will get more credit and fame. He also wrote the whole album. I can't wait to hear some of the songs.

The Lithium
04-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Of course Mark will!! But we were talking about Flip here! :flip: :D

aussiecreeder
04-06-2004, 09:30 AM
Of course Mark will!! But we were talking about Flip here! :flip: :D

mark will his get his kudos that is obvious and not just from Creed fans but hopefully Flip also gets some love. We all know Mark and Myles will get their due attention from this band but hopefully Brian and Flip feel a little love.....get down tonight.....get down tonight oops i digress.

The Lithium
04-06-2004, 09:54 AM
I hope that too.

hayley
04-06-2004, 07:13 PM
Mark will get more credit and fame. He also wrote the whole album. I can't wait to hear some of the songs.

Yeah, obviously Mark will get loads of credit, but we were talking about Flip, like Lith said. ;)

It's weird thinking how successful they hopfully will turn out to be :D

rainfall
04-07-2004, 12:18 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/MF4fanpg/images/myles.gif
heres a pic of Myles if you haven't already seen it.

More,

http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/mayfieldfour/images/myles22.jpg

hayley
04-07-2004, 12:59 AM
OH. MY. GOD. :pant:

aussiecreeder
04-07-2004, 08:44 AM
woh! the man has tats and he swears during songs sometimes this is not Creed! judging by addicted's reaction he is a bit of a looker though (calm down your drool is all over your clothes). hehe

The Lithium
04-07-2004, 03:27 PM
OH. MY. GOD. :pant:

Hahahahahah!!! :D

rainfall
04-07-2004, 05:27 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/MF4fanpg/images/M4Myles3.jpg

here you go

Dogstar
04-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Ooooo, thanks for the pics, rainfall. Diggin' those tats!

Bridge of Clay
04-07-2004, 10:54 PM
he looks a bit anorexic or is it just my impression?

rainfall
04-08-2004, 12:29 AM
he looks a bit anorexic or is it just my impression?

He's not anorexic...pretty tall though thats probably why he looks skinny, and I think I heard some where that he takes care of himself, keeps himself in shape. :)

aussiecreeder
04-08-2004, 01:01 AM
i think its because they both are/were managed by Susan Silver but rainfall can you tell me how his relationship with Chris Cornell started? The thankyous in "Second Skin" were they thank Chris and Susan that is the same Chris and Susan right?

hayley
04-08-2004, 01:13 AM
woh! the man has tats and he swears during songs sometimes this is not Creed!
Well no, this is the new band. ;) Just kidding, I do agree with you, I am very curious as to see what approach to rock they will be taking on. Hmm.

judging by addicted's reaction he is a bit of a looker though (calm down your drool is all over your clothes). hehe
:pant: :pant: :sex: Sorry. *wipes drool*

here you go
I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Diggin' those tats!
Same here! And look at those eyes in that first pic!!!!! :thud: Sorry, I can't help myself...YUMMY

Dogstar
04-08-2004, 03:15 AM
LOL, Hayley, I'm with ya. He's a looker for sure!

aussiecreeder
04-08-2004, 08:20 AM

okay girls be honest with me how much does having a good looking member of a band, particulary a lead singer help? no diplomatic answers either! :) Speaking of good looking people and music let me go off track and ask if anyone has seen the Victoria's Secret commericial with Bob Dylan (not good looking ) with that model who well is? What a disgrace Bob you sellout! :)

I'm curious to see what direction they will take as well, such as will it be as clean cut as Creed? Will we see a warning sticker on their debut album?

Dogstar
04-08-2004, 01:28 PM
This isn't diplomatic on my part, just honest. I'm more about the music and it's the whole package that often makes a musician hot, IMHO...Having good looks is just a bonus. And on the flip side, a singer can be hot, but if he has a lousy voice or doesn't move me, he can become less good looking in my eyes.

rainfall
04-08-2004, 02:03 PM
This isn't diplomatic on my part, just honest. I'm more about the music and it's the whole package that often makes a musician hot, IMHO...Having good looks is just a bonus. And on the flip side, a singer can be hot, but if he has a lousy voice or doesn't move me, he can become less good looking in my eyes.

I would have to agree with you dogstar, If your judging a persons musical talent on the same range as there looks, and they open there mouths and squeal or see them in an interview and they seem to have no insight into music in any way it has a tendency at least with me to create a strong dislike it is mis-representaion they become unwanted. but on the reverse side it can make them all the more desirerable.

The Lithium
04-08-2004, 02:15 PM

Well.. He's okay.

rainfall
04-08-2004, 02:21 PM
You guys probably already know this, and sorry addictedtostapp, but Myles is married

The Lithium
04-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Oh God damn, I really wanted him so bad!

rainfall
04-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Oh God damn, I really wanted him so bad!

OHH Lith is that sarcastic tone I am detecting...hehehe

I am sure Addictedtostapp feels your pain although I thought you liked girls but you know thats cool...

The Lithium
04-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Yeah, but I'm a guy and she's a girl! :D

Dogstar
04-08-2004, 03:01 PM
and they open there mouths and squeal or see them in an interview and they seem to have no insight into music in any way it has a tendency at least with me to create a strong dislike it is mis-representaion they become unwanted.

Exactly. I detest phonies and that can come out in interviews, but especially the music. It has to be honest.

hayley
04-08-2004, 08:06 PM
okay girls be honest with me how much does having a good looking member of a band, particulary a lead singer help? no diplomatic answers either!
In my own opinion, looks don't matter. (That sounds rich coming from me) :laugh: But, it does make the singer all that more appealing if they are good to look at. But to me, looks don't matter, if they are a musical genious, I don't care about their looks. Take Eddie Vedder now, for example. I think as of now, he doesn't appeal to my taste, (he cut his hair, damn it what more do I have to say) But, I am in love with Pearl Jam, and Eddie. Eddie Vedder is a beautiful man, not so much in the looks department, but with the way he approaches his songwriting, and the way he delivers himself in his music.

Having good looks is just a bonus.
That's exactly what I think. But, as you can all probably tell by now, when there is a hot guy, everyone knows about it. ;) (Hey, I'm just a typical teenage girl) :D But, looks are just a bonus, I have always said this and I will until the day I die, it's what's on the inside that really counts.

You guys probably already know this, and sorry addictedtostapp, but Myles is married
No, I didn't know that. :mad1: Who's the bitch? Just kidding.

They way songwriters, and they don't even have to be songwriters, I mean take Flip for example, he's not that good-looking (sorry I love you Flip) But, he appeals to me as a drummer, the best drummer in the world in fact.
Anyway, the way songwriters express themselves in the music is what matters most to me. If Scott Stapp looked like a baboon, had 3 eyes, and his face was green, I would still love him just as much as I do today, because he has given me so much through his songwriting.

:)

Dogstar
04-08-2004, 08:10 PM
No, I didn't know that. :mad1: Who's the bitch? Just kidding.

LMFAO...you crack me up, Hayley :D.

If Scott Stapp looked like a baboon, had 3 eyes, and his face was green, I would still love him just as much as I do today, because he has given me so much through his songwriting.

Well said!

by the way...the Mayfield Four web site has some lovely pics of Myles & Co. ;)

www.themayfieldfour.net

Happy viewing :D

hayley
04-08-2004, 08:26 PM
LMFAO...you crack me up, Hayley :D.
haha :D

DogstarHappy viewing :D
HAPPY VIEWING?!?!?! That's such an understatment...Dogstar I'm in love...again...:laugh: ;)

Dogstar
04-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Hahahaha, Hayley...Ok, now wipe that drool off your face ;).

aussiecreeder
04-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Eddie Vedder isn't good looking? I know his 40 or so but i've seen plenty of girls *drool* just like you did at Myles! :) He did quite well in that sexiest muscians list a few months back, was ahead of Stapp in fact. I don't really know or care if he is but I thought girls loved his eyes? oh well.......

Hey so would Stapp have a red arse then? :) Okay so its just a bonus then?

Dogstar
04-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Hey, just because someone is 40 doesn't mean he or she can't be hot ;)...anyway, I find Eddie V. quite hot, but I like him with long hair better...Still, that voice drives me wild! I could listen to him sing allllllllll day :D. Yes, Eddie has INCREDIBLE eyes.

aussiecreeder
04-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey, just because someone is 40 doesn't mean he or she can't be hot ;)...anyway, I find Eddie V. quite hot, but I like him with long hair better...Still, that voice drives me wild! I could listen to him sing allllllllll day :D. Yes, Eddie has INCREDIBLE eyes.

oh yeah women can still be good looking past the age of 30, although there is a major double standard. Sean Connery is still sought after at 70 while once an actress turns 35 or so she's thrown on the scrapheap. Elle McPherson must be 40 or so and she is still very good looking. True she's not 20 anymore but she's better then average. Oops back to Myles!

hayley
04-08-2004, 08:46 PM
He did quite well in that sexiest muscians list a few months back, was ahead of Stapp in fact. I don't really know or care if he is but I thought girls loved his eyes? oh well.......
He does have the most beautiful eyes, but when he cut his hair, because I am such a long-hair lover on most guys, I was disapointed because he looked way better with it long, and now it's short and kinda boofy. :o He's defenitly not disgusting to look at, but just in my own opinion, I'm not a big fan of his looks now. Like these pictures for instance when he had long hair: :thud: :wub: :pant:

http://www.rnb.hpg.ig.com.br/vedder37.jpg
http://www.rnb.hpg.ig.com.br/edv.ht37.jpg
http://www.rnb.hpg.ig.com.br/edv.ht41.jpg

Compared to...short hair:

http://www.rnb.hpg.ig.com.br/eddiepj3.jpg
http://www.rnb.hpg.ig.com.br/eddie.17.jpg
http://www.rnb.hpg.ig.com.br/vedder59.jpg

See what I mean? (Damn it you've got me on the hair issue so I won't be able to stop) ;)

Dogstar
04-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Hee hee hee, thanks for the Eddie eye candy, Hayley...Hide, you're soooo right about the double standard...It STINKS :mad:

hayley
04-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Oops back to Myles!
Yeah, don't change the subject! ;)

aussiecreeder
04-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Hee hee hee, thanks for the Eddie eye candy, Hayley...Hide, you're soooo right about the double standard...It STINKS :mad:

double standard? who said anything about a double standard you see men like a fine wine age very well, but women......only messing with ya.

The Lithium
04-09-2004, 05:38 AM
I don't like Eddie!!!!!

aussiecreeder
04-09-2004, 07:30 AM
I don't like Eddie!!!!!

why because he has shown Bush for what he is? I disagree with him on basically every moral issue but he's right on about the war IMO. Don't take "Bushleaguer" too seriously, its just a bit of politcal satire.

rainfall
04-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Yeah, but I'm a guy and she's a girl! :D

Ohh thems fight'in words

The Lithium
04-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Hah. :cool:

Trees of Wisdom
04-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Ohh thems fight'in words

They are indeed. :D

hayley
04-09-2004, 09:33 PM
I don't like Eddie!!!!!

Can I ask you why?

aussiecreeder
04-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Can I ask you why?

i think its because he's jealous of his girlfriend! :D

hayley
04-10-2004, 01:50 AM
:silly: :laugh:

The Lithium
04-10-2004, 05:25 AM
Can I ask you why?

Nothing against him in persion, I just don't like Pearl Jam's music. It's just not me, can't help it.

hayley
04-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Oh well, I guess everyone has their own tastes, if everyone liked the same thing the world would be very boring. :thud:

Anyway, is there not just one Pearl Jam song that you like? I guess not, you aren't really a garage rock type of guy, huh? :( Not that all of Pearl Jam songs are garage rock, but a proportion of them are

The Lithium
04-12-2004, 06:13 AM
First... If everyone would have our taste Creed would've worked themselfs to death.

Secound... I haven't listened to Pearl Jam very much at all because of the fans. All the Pearl-fans I've met have been talking bullshit about Creed and that Creed are ripping Pearl Jam off. So I've downloaded a few songs, and it was totally different!! So I haven't wanted to listen to them at all!! But there may be one song I like, I just haven't heard it.

aussiecreeder
04-12-2004, 06:56 AM
First... If everyone would have our taste Creed would've worked themselfs to death.

Secound... I haven't listened to Pearl Jam very much at all because of the fans. All the Pearl-fans I've met have been talking bullshit about Creed and that Creed are ripping Pearl Jam off. So I've downloaded a few songs, and it was totally different!! So I haven't wanted to listen to them at all!! But there may be one song I like, I just haven't heard it.

don't let fans of a band drive you away from that band, i know how you feel but i assure most of pj's "hardcore" fans are cool. you can download some cool live stuff from a variety of sources such as www.theskyiscrape.com or www.giventofly.it. They are such a talented band, there is of course Ed but also Stone who is a fantastic songwriter, Jeff Ament one of the best bassists in the business, Matt Cameron who is an awesome drummer (and sings for Wellwater Conspiracy) and there is of course Mike McCready on lead guitar. Don't miss out on them because of a few ignorant fans.

Dogstar
04-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Right on, hide!!! Lith, I love Pearl Jam AND Creed, I would consider myself a pretty hardcore fan of both. Make your decision based on the music, not on a few people talking BS...

The Lithium
04-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks Hide!!

Well Kerri, the reason that I can't say that I like PJ is because I haven't heard very many songs, and the few I've heard wasn't good. And you're right, it's about the music, not the people. And it's not PJ's "fault", it's PJ's fans. And I also hate that no matter what a band sound like anymore, people always that that it sounds too much like PJ. I think it's wicked that people think that bands like Creed and Submersed sound like PJ, but I've heard people that said that Nickelback sounds too much like PJ. Man, I almost laughed myself to death!!

hayley
04-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Thats what I was trying to say also...but not in that form, lol.

So I've downloaded a few songs, and it was totally different!! So I haven't wanted to listen to them at all!! But there may be one song I like, I just haven't heard it.
I kinda know how you feel there, I was sort of the same before I started to really get into Pearl Jam. Whenever I heard a Pearl Jam song on the radio, I would always think "Eddie Vedder, phhfft, what a homo" Just because of what happened with Creed. I know that was really selfish and judgemental, but it was just because I love Creed too much to not stand up for them. But then when I started really loving Pearl Jam, I forgot about that because their music captivated me way to much to hold a grudge against them.

Lith, I love Pearl Jam AND Creed, I would consider myself a pretty hardcore fan of both. Make your decision based on the music, not on a few people talking BS...
I totally agree with you, Kerri.

aussiecreeder
04-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanks Hide!!

Well Kerri, the reason that I can't say that I like PJ is because I haven't heard very many songs, and the few I've heard wasn't good. And you're right, it's about the music, not the people. And it's not PJ's "fault", it's PJ's fans. And I also hate that no matter what a band sound like anymore, people always that that it sounds too much like PJ. I think it's wicked that people think that bands like Creed and Submersed sound like PJ, but I've heard people that said that Nickelback sounds too much like PJ. Man, I almost laughed myself to death!!

my advice would be to download some songs from a site such as www.theskyiscrape.com, www.longroad.it, www.giventofly.it or better still go out and buy their second album Vs. That is the best place to start for someone just getting into PJ IMHO, full of great rockers and also songs such as Daughter. It is a fantastic driving cd.....

hayley
04-13-2004, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I love VS. I brought it a couple of months ago, and IT ROCKS!! My favourite PJ CD from my collection is Yield, but I do love VS too. It's great. Rats, ohhh man I LOVE that song. And Indifference is absolutley amazing, such a nice ending to a CD.

aussiecreeder
04-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I love VS. I brought it a couple of months ago, and IT ROCKS!! My favourite PJ CD from my collection is Yield, but I do love VS too. It's great. Rats, ohhh man I LOVE that song. And Indifference is absolutley amazing, such a nice ending to a CD.

Yield is great no doubt and No Code is so underated......

hayley
04-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Really? Damn, that happens to the best of things :(

I only have Ten, VS, and Yield, but will be getting more in my collection :D

The Lithium
04-13-2004, 02:22 PM
People, this isn't about PJ, this isn't about Vedder. This is about the music I digg and love. As far as now I have still not heard a single PJ song I liked.

Dogstar
04-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Really? Damn, that happens to the best of things :(

I only have Ten, VS, and Yield, but will be getting more in my collection :D
Get 'em all, Hayley. They all rock!

Trees of Wisdom
04-13-2004, 02:39 PM

I only have Ten and Lost Dogs. What's another good album by Pearl Jam?

The Lithium
04-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Live with Lasse Stefanz! :D

Dogstar
04-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Everything in between :D...plus those, LOL...

My favorite (most days, that is) is Vitalogy...Besides, the ones you have and Vitalogy, there are Vs., No Code, Yield, Live on Two Legs, Binaural (I'm nuts for this one, too), Riot Act...and a gazillion *official* bootlegs...Boston 2000 is a really cool show, as is Tokyo, New York, and Philly from 2003 :D...

The Lithium
04-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Boooooooooooring... Let's talk about Creed now!!

Trees of Wisdom
04-13-2004, 03:29 PM

We are, LOL.

Just kidding. :D

The Lithium
04-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Now, you're talking 'bout PJ!!

Trees of Wisdom
04-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Everything in between :D...plus those, LOL...

My favorite (most days, that is) is Vitalogy...Besides, the ones you have and Vitalogy, there are Vs., No Code, Yield, Live on Two Legs, Binaural (I'm nuts for this one, too), Riot Act...and a gazillion *official* bootlegs...Boston 2000 is a really cool show, as is Tokyo, New York, and Philly from 2003 :D...

You are PJ crazy. ;)

Dogstar
04-13-2004, 03:34 PM
You are PJ crazy. ;)
Hehehe, yep :D

Trees of Wisdom
04-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Now, you're talking 'bout PJ!!

It was a joke, Lith. :rolleyes:

hayley
04-13-2004, 06:12 PM
People, this isn't about PJ, this isn't about Vedder. This is about the music I digg and love. As far as now I have still not heard a single PJ song I liked.
Well you will, one day, you will fall in love with Pearl Jam, and you will consider them your second favourite band ;)

I'm sure they do. :jam: I will get them all eventually. :)

Defenitly get Yield, that's worth getting. It's a nice album, at first I was a little sceptical about it, it took a few listens for me to really get into the songs, but now it's my favourite Pearl Jam CD. VS is also awesome, it has a really good variety of songs.

Binaural (I'm nuts for this one, too),
Is that the album with Nothingman? Or is that Vitalogy? The next PJ album I want to get is the one with Nothingman on it...my all time favourite Pearl Jam song...:wub: (Along with Garden) :D

Okay then, bye bye, off you go to another thread. Bye! Just kidding, sorry. But Pearl Jam rocks.

Trees of Wisdom
04-13-2004, 07:20 PM
I'll check out Yield.

sdarr
04-14-2004, 03:05 AM
:eek:

Seriously, I went out of my way to register for this forum at like 3 a.m. just to tell you guys how great of a singer myles is. I'm a singer my self and aside from Jeff Buckley and Jimmy Gnecko Myles has had a huge influence on my singing.

It is truly inconcievable that he will be with talent such as Mark. Listen to The Mayfield Four - Eden or Don't walk away. Those are more ballody, but he has some rocking stuff too. I just wanted to make it clear that at least in my oppinion how good myles is. I really don't want to be this ballsy, but although I'm a huge creed fan and have nothing but respect and love for Scott, Myles is by far technically better then him as far as range, vibratto, control etc...

Also, in case you guys didn't know Bret Hesla is a pretty good singer himself. Check out some Virgos Merlot tunes and you will be pretty surprised.

So don't doubt Myles, I've been waiting for him to sing for years, he started to get a hearing problem and possibly wouldn't ever sing again. But now I hear this.

hayley
04-14-2004, 03:46 AM
I'll check out Yield.
Yes, defenitly do so. :jam:

sdarr, welcome to the board, are you planning to stay? If so, hope you enjoy it here, and thanks heaps for your input, that was interesting, and even thouh I haven't heard Myles voice yet, it's good to have that positive energy coming from someone about him, I really can't wait!! :smokin:

RockGoddess
04-14-2004, 07:56 AM
Myles is by far technically better then him as far as range, vibratto, control etc...

Can I get an amen?

aussiecreeder
04-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Can I get an amen?

amen....but with a condition!

I agree 100% that Myles is technically a better then Scott is. He has greater range, better control and the like but from what I have heard he doesn't affect me emotionally the same way that Scott does. Listen to two of their respective singles for instance One Last Breath and Eden (Turn the Page). While Myle's control, power and range do impress me greatly the emotion that Scott can communicate is just amazing.

I think as a general rule singers such as Jeff Buckley, Chris Cornell and Myles Kennedy are far greater technically but emotionally baritones such as Eddie Vedder and Scott Stapp (also Weiland) can communciate their emotions better. Layne Staley is probably also in this group BTW. Maynard James Kennan probably gets close to full marks in both categories which would probably places him as no.1 contemporay vocalist.

I am right with you in regards to Brett Hestla that man has some serious talent and its a shame that its not being used by Creed. Having him as a seconary vocalist in the studio would add a whole new layer to Creed IMO. Listen to Brother of Mine and tell me those lyrics don't move you and that his voice while a little different isn't fantastic.

RockGoddess can I get you to explain how Myles is different from a live setting compared to the studio? Also you said that Flip has come into his own? Can you elaborate?

RockGoddess
04-14-2004, 09:18 AM
RockGoddess can I get you to explain how Myles is different from a live setting compared to the studio? Also you said that Flip has come into his own? Can you elaborate?

It would be unfair of me to make any judgements about Myles' "live performance" based upon the showcase I was at. It was a rehearsal studio, a cramped one at that, and he had terrible difficulty hearing his own voice. A couple of times he walked back and forth between speakers just trying to pick up any sound. There wasn't too much room for he, Mark, and Brian to move around. And it wasn't really a "performance", more of a run-through. We, the listeners, at times had trouble hearing him becuase the instruments in that type of space just put out a much bigger sound than his voice can compete with. Keep in mind, that it won't be that way in a recording studio, or in a concert setting with sound engineers.

What I came away with most about Myles is the way he uses his voice and the way he can change it depending on what the song requires style wise. He can make it soft and gentle and sweet, and then belt out the proverbial rock scream in the very next song.

No he isn't a baritone. And I understand where you are coming from on that. There is something to be said about a deeper voice and the way it can move you and convey emotion. Myles' voice to me is more old school, straight up rock & roll. The kind of sound I grew up with (at the risk of dating myself) I personally miss that kind of sound and am so looking forward to what this band can do.

Flip - I don't how to describe it. (I'm not a musician although I grew up in a family of musicians). His playing just seems to have matured. The sound was more bold, more creative, like he's thinking outside the box. Does that make sense? I believe that this new band has given him opportunities to expand in ways that he couldn't or didn't with Creed.

Did that help at all? LOL ;)

aussiecreeder
04-14-2004, 09:42 AM
It would be unfair of me to make any judgements about Myles' "live performance" based upon the showcase I was at. It was a rehearsal studio, a cramped one at that, and he had terrible difficulty hearing his own voice. A couple of times he walked back and forth between speakers just trying to pick up any sound. There wasn't too much room for he, Mark, and Brian to move around. And it wasn't really a "performance", more of a run-through. We, the listeners, at times had trouble hearing him becuase the instruments in that type of space just put out a much bigger sound than his voice can compete with. Keep in mind, that it won't be that way in a recording studio, or in a concert setting with sound engineers.

What I came away with most about Myles is the way he uses his voice and the way he can change it depending on what the song requires style wise. He can make it soft and gentle and sweet, and then belt out the proverbial rock scream in the very next song.

No he isn't a baritone. And I understand where you are coming from on that. There is something to be said about a deeper voice and the way it can move you and convey emotion. Myles' voice to me is more old school, straight up rock & roll. The kind of sound I grew up with (at the risk of dating myself) I personally miss that kind of sound and am so looking forward to what this band can do.

Flip - I don't how to describe it. (I'm not a musician although I grew up in a family of musicians). His playing just seems to have matured. The sound was more bold, more creative, like he's thinking outside the box. Does that make sense? I believe that this new band has given him opportunities to expand in ways that he couldn't or didn't with Creed.

Did that help at all? LOL ;)

yeah that does help, i did want an indication of any difficulty in hitting notes such as F sharp that he hits so effortsely in "summergirl" for instance and then holds for an eternity. can we expect any of that on the record? i get what you mean about old school, more robert plant although the baritone in popular music does date back to the Lizard King at least. It sounds like Flip has just really improved his skills, rather then being inhibited by Creed, i'm estastic to hear he has gone to a new plain. without giving away too much of the record i would like to know one more thing. are the solos mostly "big" solos slash style? thanks......

RockGoddess
04-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Oh jeez, I'm really getting in over my head here.

I did not detect any difficulty whatsoever in anything he did. (Again, other than hearing himself. He said later that he was basically guessing at the notes and had no clue whether or not he was hitting them. I didn't hear anything that was off) And Michael and I have discussed Myles' voice and his ability to hit the high notes. Myles does so effortlessly. And he's able to do it with out having to use falsetto. I believe it's what they call a counter-tenor; a tenor that can get into his upper register without going into falsetto.

Mark - Uhm, I don't know! LOL I just know that he has solos, some in the middle of a song, some at the end. As I had mentioned in the one song temporarily titled "Metalingus", Mark's playing was fucking insane. You're going to hear him play like he never played in Creed (well, I shouldn't say never, but not often). I felt with Creed, that you'd be teased with little bits here and there of what Mark could do. Now his guitar work plays a much more substantial role.

rainfall
04-14-2004, 11:40 AM
:eek:

Seriously, I went out of my way to register for this forum at like 3 a.m. just to tell you guys how great of a singer myles is. I'm a singer my self and aside from Jeff Buckley and Jimmy Gnecko Myles has had a huge influence on my singing.

It is truly inconcievable that he will be with talent such as Mark. Listen to The Mayfield Four - Eden or Don't walk away. Those are more ballody, but he has some rocking stuff too. I just wanted to make it clear that at least in my oppinion how good myles is. I really don't want to be this ballsy, but although I'm a huge creed fan and have nothing but respect and love for Scott, Myles is by far technically better then him as far as range, vibratto, control etc...

Also, in case you guys didn't know Bret Hesla is a pretty good singer himself. Check out some Virgos Merlot tunes and you will be pretty surprised.

So don't doubt Myles, I've been waiting for him to sing for years, he started to get a hearing problem and possibly wouldn't ever sing again. But now I hear this.

Right on sdarr, you rock, but I would have to say that this is the usual reaction I hear when someone has really been able to experience Kennedy, I know he can surpass limits that have been set and blow peoples mind, and I am preparing for him to do so in this next endeavor of his musical journey. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

aussiecreeder
04-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Oh jeez, I'm really getting in over my head here.

I did not detect any difficulty whatsoever in anything he did. (Again, other than hearing himself. He said later that he was basically guessing at the notes and had no clue whether or not he was hitting them. I didn't hear anything that was off) And Michael and I have discussed Myles' voice and his ability to hit the high notes. Myles does so effortlessly. And he's able to do it with out having to use falsetto. I believe it's what they call a counter-tenor; a tenor that can get into his upper register without going into falsetto.

Mark - Uhm, I don't know! LOL I just know that he has solos, some in the middle of a song, some at the end. As I had mentioned in the one song temporarily titled "Metalingus", Mark's playing was fucking insane. You're going to hear him play like he never played in Creed (well, I shouldn't say never, but not often). I felt with Creed, that you'd be teased with little bits here and there of what Mark could do. Now his guitar work plays a much more substantial role.

thanks for that, it was basically what i was looking hitting the high notes without too much effort just like on cd. falsetto can be very annoying (Hawkins from The Darkness anyone?). That voice and Mark going insane can't wait! I actually like the name Metalingus they should keep it!

RockGoddess
04-14-2004, 08:35 PM
falsetto can be very annoying (Hawkins from The Darkness anyone

Myles is soooooooooooooo not like that! He's completely different in that regard. He can run through his entire range without ever sounding feminine. Falsetto is that feminine sound. Myles never goes there. He hits the notes without ever having to resort to falsetto.

aussiecreeder
04-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Myles is soooooooooooooo not like that! He's completely different in that regard. He can run through his entire range without ever sounding feminine. Falsetto is that feminine sound. Myles never goes there. He hits the notes without ever having to resort to falsetto.

you are right does anyone think its almost jeff buckley singing "summergirl"?

Trees of Wisdom
04-14-2004, 08:40 PM

Thanks for telling us this info. :)

sdarr
04-15-2004, 02:04 AM
I'm really happy that their are some people familar with Myles and his amazing voice. Myles deffinetly is humble and I think this characteristic will allow Mark to really shine. I don't know why Myles and his last band didn't rocket to fame and fourtune, probably something to do with thier label, but I still feel like this whole Myles, Mark situation is too good to be true. I won't believe it untill I hear the first song. I'm sure it's very real but I've been waiting for myles to do something forever. I wonder how his hearing is doing, Somone mentioned that he was having trouble hearing himself? I'm wondering if his tenitus had something to do with that. Anyways, Does anyone have any idea of when to expect thier first song?

Oh yeah, it seems that you guys have a good taste and appreciation for good singers. I would love for you guys to check out Jimmy Gnecko. Aside from Myles, Buckley, and even Stapp. This guy is my biggest influence and I can't wait for you guys to see what he's capable of. His band name is called "Ours" Listen to anything off of Distorted Lulibies.
If you like Comercial stuff listen to "Sometimes"
If you love melodies listen to " Monster, Dizzy, Meet me in the tower (my fav)"
If you want to hear him show off and hear his Buckley influence listen to "Broken" he hits a high g# if i remember right, off of thier second album "Precious"

Thiers no inbetween with this band, you either love him or hate him. I'm interested to see what you guys think.

aussiecreeder
04-15-2004, 02:12 AM
I'm really happy that their are some people familar with Myles and his amazing voice. Myles deffinetly is humble and I think this characteristic will allow Mark to really shine. I don't know why Myles and his last band didn't rocket to fame and fourtune, probably something to do with thier label, but I still feel like this whole Myles, Mark situation is too good to be true. I won't believe it untill I hear the first song. I'm sure it's very real but I've been waiting for myles to do something forever. I wonder how his hearing is doing, Somone mentioned that he was having trouble hearing himself? I'm wondering if his tenitus had something to do with that. Anyways, Does anyone have any idea of when to expect thier first song?

Oh yeah, it seems that you guys have a good taste and appreciation for good singers. I would love for you guys to check out Jimmy Gnecko. Aside from Myles, Buckley, and even Stapp. This guy is my biggest influence and I can't wait for you guys to see what he's capable of. His band name is called "Ours" Listen to anything off of Distorted Lulibies.
If you like Comercial stuff listen to "Sometimes"
If you love melodies listen to " Monster, Dizzy, Meet me in the tower (my fav)"
If you want to hear him show off and hear his Buckley influence listen to "Broken" he hits a high g# if i remember right, off of thier second album "Precious"

Thiers no inbetween with this band, you either love him or hate him. I'm interested to see what you guys think.

perhaps you could give us a link? I think Michael mentioned something about a single late June-early July and an album late July-early August. about not being hearing himself i believe that was a sound issue rather then a physical ailment but perhaps rockgoddess can fill us in there.

Dogstar
04-15-2004, 02:14 AM
he hits a high g# if i remember right, off of thier second album "Precious"

WOW, pretty cool!

I'm still trying to find some Mayfield Four stuff, so I'm not familiar with him, but I like all of the singers he's compared with, like Jeff Buckley and of course, Cornell...
Thanks for the info on the other band as well. And welcome to the board.

aussiecreeder
04-15-2004, 02:25 AM
a high g sharp is preddy impressive, i've resorted to buying stuff online now, just too difficult to find a lot of stuff in stores without looking around everywhere.

Dogstar
04-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I think I will have to go online, too. I just didn't want to have to wait and all, plus I will be on vacation soon, so I don't want it sitting in my doorway for a week, LOL...

aussiecreeder
04-15-2004, 03:18 AM
Yeah, I think I will have to go online, too. I just didn't want to have to wait and all, plus I will be on vacation soon, so I don't want it sitting in my doorway for a week, LOL...

i know what you are saying, i just went on amazon's site to buy a couple of albums and their site seems to be playing up at the moment. maybe i'll get a different cd from a local store instead.

RockGoddess
04-15-2004, 08:41 AM
perhaps rockgoddess can fill us in there.

It was totally a sound issue.

aussiecreeder
04-15-2004, 10:13 AM
It was totally a sound issue.

thanks for the confirmation, i doubt he would bother auditioning if his health wasen't 100%, and if he did he wouldn't get the gig.

rainfall
04-15-2004, 02:06 PM
thanks for the confirmation, i doubt he would bother auditioning if his health wasen't 100%, and if he did he wouldn't get the gig.

no, he probably wouldn't have. Remember when we talked about how Slash asked him to come audition for his new band and he said no, because of the tinnititus, that should be a pretty big flag that he has overcome the problem. he would not have agreed to do this if the ringing was still holding him back. just a thought... ;)

aussiecreeder
04-15-2004, 10:25 PM
no, he probably wouldn't have. Remember when we talked about how Slash asked him to come audition for his new band and he said no, because of the tinnititus, that should be a pretty big flag that he has overcome the problem. he would not have agreed to do this if the ringing was still holding him back. just a thought... ;)

my thoughts exactly, strange imagning Myles with those guys from what I understand I can't imagine him really fitting in. Scott Weiland won-Myles won in the end everybody is a winner.

rainfall
04-18-2004, 02:44 AM