Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Anyone here meditate? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here meditate?

Inkgirl28
03-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Anyway i do christian meditation... anyone else here do meditation? :o

creedsister
03-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Uh I do Inky Binky Winky~~But Im Lead To Do It I Live That Way Most The Time :D uh Its Good To Know How To That>> He Is The Truth The Way In The Light I Will Say This People Want To Know Things About A Lot Of Stuff In There Life And Whats Going On Around Theme!!! Theres The World Ways Like Diane Warrick LOL And Then Theres His Ways The Only Thing Thats Cool With big Jc He Only Lets U Know What Can Help Your Soul stregnth Peace He Would Never Let You know Anything That Would Hurt You Or Destroy U!!! Like The Worlds Ways Would :::::::WERE All Things Created That Are In Hevean Or On Earth Visble And Invisble Wether They Be Thrones Prince Apallteies Or Powers [hehe] ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM FOR HIM!!! 1 Col Ch 1>1>15.....Seek And Ye Shall Find!!!! ROCK ON!!!! :D

Lechium
03-16-2004, 11:39 PM
Chistian meditation?
Mediatation is supposed to be about becoming one with the world, and, more importantly, trying to stop all mental process i.e. thinking... it doesnt have any religious aspect to it, despite being used by some religions.

creedsister
03-17-2004, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=Lechium]Chistian meditation?
Mediatation is supposed to be about becoming one with the world, and, more importantly, trying to stop all mental process i.e. thinking... it doesnt have any religious aspect to it, despite being used by some religions oH BOY ARE YOU FULL OF IT THE SCRIPTURES THERE WHICH I POSTED IT ANWSERD THAT QUESTION AND YOUR RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING RELIGION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!

JulieCitySlicker
03-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Uh, no :confused:

Sheila63
03-17-2004, 07:06 PM
First of all, Welcome to CreedFeed, Inkgirl.:D I hope you enjoy your time here.

To answer your question, yes, I meditate. I don't always do it everyday but I find it's a great way to destress, relax and become more centered.

creedsister
03-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Uh, no :confused: Dont Worry About It The Good Lord Listens Girl :)

creedsister
03-17-2004, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=Sheila63]First of all, Welcome to CreedFeed, Inkgirl.:D I hope you enjoy your time here.

To answer your question, yes, I meditate. I don't always do it everyday but I find it's a great way to destress, relax and become more centered Well Good For You dear Its A good thing

Inkgirl28
03-17-2004, 08:22 PM
First of all, Welcome to CreedFeed, Inkgirl.:D I hope you enjoy your time here.

To answer your question, yes, I meditate. I don't always do it everyday but I find it's a great way to destress, relax and become more centered.
Thank you! i will, you guys are all so nice!

I meditate and i think i've found my spirit guide, a cherokee indian maiden...
(i'm part cherokee)

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!!! ;)

creedsister
03-17-2004, 08:29 PM
I Hate St Patricks Day About Like Ground Hog Day To Me!!! Thanks Chrokee chick That Was Good To Know ;)

Inkgirl28
03-17-2004, 08:45 PM
I read somewhere that Scott is part Cherokee too...
But that's not why i say it... when i find time to post my pic you'll see that i am..

Anyhow, i like to meditate cause it clears my foggy head lol

Lechium
03-18-2004, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=Lechium]Chistian meditation?
Mediatation is supposed to be about becoming one with the world, and, more importantly, trying to stop all mental process i.e. thinking... it doesnt have any religious aspect to it, despite being used by some religions oH BOY ARE YOU FULL OF IT THE SCRIPTURES THERE WHICH I POSTED IT ANWSERD THAT QUESTION AND YOUR RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING RELIGION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!

Huh?
Can you PLEASE be a bit more clear? I'm so confused....

RMadd
03-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Huh?
Can you PLEASE be a bit more clear? I'm so confused....
Me too, man... Seems like she was agreeing and disagreeing w/ you...
but to be more on-topic, I don't meditate and, so far as I know, the kind of meditation we're discussing is not part of Christianity (at least not the major denominations)... perhaps, if by meditate, you mean to merely "think about", then thinking about things is a good thing in the Bible. but regarding Cherokee or Buddhist (?) meditation, i'm pretty sure that's not in scriptures.... so... this means I agree w/ Lech.... wow.... :eek:

TeriB19
03-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Mark the date and time, dude! I agree as well. I didn't understand a word of that post.

creedsister
03-18-2004, 05:13 PM
:offtopic: :offtopic: Lets Let This One Lay Down Please :D God Bless!!!!

creedsister
03-18-2004, 05:38 PM
How We Speak Of Wisdom Amoung Theme That Are Perfect, yet Not The Wisdom Of This World NorOf The Princes Of this World, That Come to Nought. But We Speak The Wisdom Of God, in A Mystery , Even the Hidden Wisdom Which god Ordained, Before The World Unto Our Glory, Which None of The princes Knew, For Had They Known It They Would Have Not Crucified The Lord Of Glory But It Is Written Eye Hath Not Seen Nor ear Heared , Neither Have Entered , In To The Heart Of Man. The Things Which God Has Prepeard For Theme That Love him, But God had Revealed theme to Us, By His Spirt For The Spirt Searches All Things And Knows All Things, Yea The Deep Things Of God, For What Does Man Know But Things Of Man. Save the spirt man which is in him, even so the things of God Knows But No man BUT THE SPIRT OF GOD, Now We Have , Received Not The Spirt Of The World, But the spirt which Is God, That We Might know Things that Are Freely, Given To Us By God,,,, [Peace Be With You]

Inkgirl28
03-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Okay then ;)

creedsister
03-18-2004, 06:06 PM
OK Ok Ok

Xterminator27
03-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Creedsister can you PLEASE not capitalize EVERY single word you type? I mean comon it hurts my eyes!

Trees of Wisdom
03-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Creedsister can you PLEASE not capitalize EVERY single word you type? I mean comon it hurts my eyes!

I'll have to agree with Xterminator27.

creedsister
03-19-2004, 08:21 PM
bless u all :D :D :D

souldancer
03-21-2004, 03:41 AM
I have meditated (or tried) a variety of ways.using techniques from Sufism, Tibetan Buddhism and with Bhakti Yoga - watching my breath after some yoga or dancing, seems most helpful to get me to that still place.

creedsister
03-21-2004, 11:06 AM
For some of you that wanna, Know my Saviour Jesus Was Also Called, MEDITATOR, >Go to first,

Tim 2.5

Lechium
03-21-2004, 11:59 AM
For some of you that wanna, Know my Saviour Jesus Was Also Called, MEDITATOR, >Go to first,

Tim 2.5

I have a feeling that Bible does not use word "wanna", so your quote is more than doubtful....

creedsister
03-21-2004, 01:52 PM
I have a feeling that Bible does not use word "wanna", so your quote is more than doubtful....
Really Love U too Lech ;)

Sincirr
03-23-2004, 06:20 AM
Sorry sweety, it's actually mediator.

I dont meditate. I think its....I dunno, I dont think the term suits what I do. When I spend time with God its kinda called hangin' for me. I see meditation as more of an eastern terminology. But in my Oxford it just means to think deeply, so I guess that explains the whole "Meditate on the scriptures thing".

Sorry, thinkin out loud here.

creedsister
03-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Yes thats Exaclety what it is. and theres no need to be sorry by the way. we can set and think about stuff But knows Good When i took comment my mind heart in soul to jesus christ he also took over my thoughts, so when im deep thinking i will get what i need clarity or something from my saviour, thank you for clearing it up, SINCERLY

Moti
03-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Anyway i do christian meditation... anyone else here do meditation? :o

I have being doing the following for about 15 years, it works:

As explained on the cover of the record album, this transcendental vibration--by chanting of Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare--is the sublime method for reviving our Krsna consciousness. As living spiritual souls we are all originally Krsna conscious entities, but due to our asociation with matter since time immemorial, our consciousness is now poluted by material atmosphere. In this polluted concept of live, we are all trying to exploit the resources of material nature, but actually we are becoming more and more entangled in our complexities. This illusion is called maya, or hard struggle for existence over the stringent laws of material nature. This illusory struggle against the material nature can at once be stopped by revival of our Krsna consciousness.
Krsna consciousness is not an artificial imposition on the mind. This consciousness is the original energy of the living entity. When we hear the transcendental vibration, this consciousness is revived. And the process is recommended by authorities for this age. By practical experience also, we can perceive that by chanting this maha-mantra, or the Great Chanting for Deliverance, one can at once feel transcendental ecstasy from the spiritual stratum. When one is factually on the plane of spiritual understanding, surpassing the stages of sense, mind and intelligence, one is situated on the transcendental plane. This chanting of Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare\/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare is directly enacted from the spiritual platform, surpassing all lower states of consciousness--namely sensual, mental and intellectual. There is no need of understanding the language of the mantra, nor is there any need of mental speculation nor any intellectual adjustment for chanting this maha-mantra. It springs automatically from the spiritual platform, and as such, anyone can take part in this transcendental sound vibration, without any previous qualification, and dance in ecstasy.
We have seen it practically. Even a child can take part in the chanting, or even a dog can take part in it. The chanting should be hears, however, from the lips of a pure devotee of the Lord, so that immediate effect can be achieved. As far as possible, chanting from the lips of a nondevotee should be avoided, as much as milk touched by the lips of a serpent causes poisonous effect.
The word Hara is a form of addressing the energy of the Lord. Both Krsna and Rama are forms of addressing directly the Lord, and they mena " the highest pleasure, eternal." Hara is the supreme pleasure potency of the Lord. This potency, when addressed are Hare, helps us in reaching the Supreme Lord.
The material energy, called as maya, is also one of the multipotencies of the Lord, as much as we are also marginal potency of the Lord. The living entities are described as superior energy than matter. When the superior energy is in contact with inferior energy, it becomes an incompatible situation. But when the supreme marginal potency is in contact with the spiritual potency, Hara,it becomes the happy, normal condition of the living entity.
The three words, namely Hara, Krsna and Rama, are transcendental seeds of the maha-mantra, and the chanting is a spiritual call for the Lord and His internal energy, Hara, for giving protection to the conditioned soul. The chanting is exactly like a genuine cry by the chold for the mother. Mother Hara helps in achieving the grace of the supreme father, Hari, or Krsna, and the Lord reveals Himself to such a sincere devotee.
No other means, therefore, of spiritual realization is as effective in this age, as chanting the maha-mantra, Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare\/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

Sincirr
03-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Sounds like you need to work very hard for your Lord to reveal himself to you!
:thud:

JulieCitySlicker
03-26-2004, 03:56 PM
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

creedsister
03-26-2004, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=Sincirr]Sounds like you need to work very hard for your Lord to reveal himself to you! HaHaha, It does dont it, I do like this guy if he could Break himself down A Bit,:thud