TeriB19
11-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Okay, who's going?

DangerousDan85
11-22-2002, 09:46 PM
not me waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy to far.

Dogstar
11-23-2002, 12:46 AM
You know I'm going TeriB. Tickets in less than 10 hours.....woooo-hooooooo!

luvscott4ever
11-23-2002, 10:30 AM
Alright Girls!! You're gonna make me cry!!! :crying:
You know I'd be there if I could!! I want to go with you guys soooo bad!! But you know I'm gonna be in Orlando!! Leave it to the guys to be playing away from home when I'm gonna be in Orlando!! I'm sooo BUMMED!! And it would have been a good excuse to come and see you guys again!!

TeriB19
11-23-2002, 12:44 PM
But you know we'll be thinking of you that night, and besides, you will be having a blast down there in warm, sunny Florida! While we are freezing our butts off in cold, stinky South Philadelphia.

PassionFollower
11-23-2002, 05:11 PM
I just drove 4 hours to see them at psu on tuesday so you better believe i'll drive 30 min to see them in philly!!
see y'all there!

Dogstar
11-23-2002, 06:40 PM
All right, PassionFollower, way to go...Got my tix this morning...Ready to ROCK!!!

And welcome to the board!

Luvscott, you KNOW I wish you were going to be there.:crying:
But Teri's right...you'll be nice and warm and we'll be freezing our butts off!

luvscott4ever
11-23-2002, 11:38 PM
That's my only consolation!! Is that I will be warm and not here in Minnesota for few days!! But I do get to see my 2nd most favorite band!! And I will be thinking of you guys rockin out to our guys!! still a little depressed and jealous!! but will rockin in the new year myself!

TeriB19
11-23-2002, 11:40 PM
Well, as we are counting down to the New Year with Creed, you count down the New Year with Godsmack and for 10 seconds, you could say we were counting together and are all together in spirit.

Weathered
11-23-2002, 11:48 PM
where did everyone get tix for? i cant go ...tickets went up 30 bucks since its on new years...maybe their doing something special?

luvscott4ever
11-23-2002, 11:50 PM
Hey, atleast we'll be in the same time zone!! for once!! :D

TeriB19
11-24-2002, 11:04 AM
And for once, I won't be confuzzled!

KBoo925
11-27-2002, 02:39 AM
Hi. My name is Karin and this is my first visit to the forum. I'm writing because I have my tix for the New Years Eve show and I'm hitting the floor for the first time....by myself (ugh!) because my friends all have other plans and I'm the only die hard Creed junkie. I'm so excited! I would like to meet other fans there...so we can dance and scream together. But, I also have a few questions about GA since it is my first time (I saw them three times this year but, only in seats and I want to be up close).
What time should I get there? Can you leave after you've gotten up front? What if I have to pee? Do you get totally smashed up front? Is anyone tailgaiting or hanging out that we can connect? Any response would be great and have a great Thanksgiving all! PEACE.

souldancer
11-27-2002, 03:02 AM
Hi Karin,
Welcome to Creedfeed! It's a great place - hope you enjoy it - I SURE HAVE. YOu will meet some cool folks, like Teri and Dogstar and others who will show you all the ropes of hangin in the GA line and running for the rail! The NY concert sounds like a blast - I would loooooooooooove to be there. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too - filled with lots of peace, joy and Creed passion. :)

Dogstar
11-27-2002, 03:39 AM
Hi Karin, welcome to the board! I will be at the NYE show in Philly with TeriB, who is also on this board. There is a thread Fans By City called Floor or Reserved. There's some general info in there, but as a rule, I don't drink a thing if I'm going to be on the rail because if you have to go to the bathroom, you basically give up your spot. I usually stop all liquids by 1 or 2 in the afternoon, so I won't have to go during the show. I admit, I have gotten quite parched, but it's soooooooo worth it to be on the rail. You won't ever want seats again for a Creed show. I've seen them three times, once in a pretty good seat, and twice on the rail. IMHO, it's the only way to fly! I went by myself to the Penn State show last week, but some very nice people in line with me told me I could hang with them. We all had a great time. I'm sure as the show gets closer, we can figure out a way to meet.

TeriB19
11-27-2002, 03:44 AM
Sounds like a plan to me. The way we worked it in Ft. Wayne, we tried to be a human chain not allowing anyone to break through and get ahead of us. Didn't work out like we planned but we still made it to exactly where we wanted to be through sheer determination and love of the band. Let's try to get together!

KBoo925
11-27-2002, 03:10 PM
Hi Souldancer (I love that name....I'm a dancer too!) and Dogstar and thanks so much for your reply. I guess I'll just have to stay dry that day so I won't lose my spot. I guess "on the rail" means you're in the front row....oh my God, I can't wait to be that close! Do you feel totally smushed? I tried to get onto the floor at the Hershey show with my sister but some freaky guy kept grabbing her butt so we moved to the side...I could dance there so, I was ok. But, I want to be able to see his eyes while he sings...whew! Anyway, what time should I get there to be sure that this happens? I'm going to be driving in from a Yoga retreat in the mountains on that day (leaving early so, I can see the show....another kind of spiritual connection, yay!). How early do I need to arrive? Also, I would love to catch up w/you in person...so let me know and I look forward to meeting you. Be well and I'll talk to you soon.
PEACE...inside us all!
Karin

KBoo925
11-27-2002, 03:18 PM
Just wanted to say hi to TeriB too....thanks for the message and hope to meet you there...keep me posted, thanks.
Peace,
Karin

TeriB19
11-27-2002, 07:13 PM
Karin, where in PA are you from? How long will it take you to get to the Spectrum from where you are? Dogstar will be there before I will, as I have to work until around 2:30. But I'll be joining her in line around 4. If you PM me, we can touch base, exchange cell phone #'s etc and try to set up a plan.

By the rail, we mean on the barricade about 3 feet from the stage. No sitting there, and yes, sometimes you will get smushed but it's all worth it. Every bump and bruise! Besides, if it gets too much the security guys will lift you over the rail and lead you to safety.

KBoo925
11-28-2002, 12:16 AM
Thanks TeriB. I sent you a PM...look forward to talking to you. How many of you guys have been on the rail...was it awesome?!! Do you basically stand there and scream for the whole show...I always lose my voice at their shows anyway. Maybe we can get some info from the Spectrum about how they are handling GA's...will we have to wait to get in the gate? Sigh...I need to stop obsessing about this and get some sleep before Thanksgiving family hell (naw..it's all good). Catch ya later. Be well all and good night.

Karin

KBoo925
12-01-2002, 10:07 PM
Hey Dogstar!
Teri and I have been emailing this week to get together for the NYE show. I am planning to meet you guys at the Spectrum as early as possible that day. Perhaps you and I can connect via email/phone and meet up since Teri won't be getting there till 4pm. You can email me and I'll be happy to get back to ya. Look forward to meeting you and hope you had a great holiday.
Peace...inside us all!!!
Karin

Dogstar
12-02-2002, 04:28 AM
Hey, Kboo, I will e-mail you soon. I want to get a little more info from the Spectrum before I decide what time I want to go. You can bet it will be pretty early, though. I live in Roxborough, and I'll be parking downtown at work and taking the subway down, I think. Don't want to deal with the parking situation. My guess is they won't let cars in until the afternoon, but I could be wrong. I'll keep you posted.

Tantraess
12-02-2002, 09:25 AM
My guess is they won't let cars in until the afternoon, but I could be wrong. I'll keep you posted.

No way! That really blows my early arrival plans out of the water. :crying: Are there any parking garages close to this place? Dogstar, do you have any idea how you are going to prepare for the freezing cold weather? This will be a first for me to stand in line all day, and I must admit....I am a wimp :chic: or chicken however you want to put it, when it comes to the cold. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:D

Dogstar
12-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Tantraess, I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think there are parking garages there. The Spectrum is part of the First Union Sports Complex. Also in the area are the First Union Center (where the Flyers play), and Veterans Stadium (where the Eagles and Phillies play) plus new construction of the two stadiums for football and baseball. It's in South Philly and there really isn't anything else around but this massive complex. Parking is all in huge lots. I'm not sure which lots they will open and when. It also depends on what is going on at the other venues. I have decided not to park there. I can park at my work downtown and then take the Broad Street line subway, which has a stop right at the complex.

Re: cold weather. Most people who park at the venue have supplies for the day. They bundle up with sleeping bags, heavy coats or blankets and have camp chairs, food, whatever. Somebody always has a boombox to play Creed while we wait. About an hour and half before the doors open, they dump whatever they have back in their cars. If you've been there all day, most people around you will hold your spot for you. It helps if you come with somebody. Coats are tricky because if you have to take them inside it can get dang hot on the rail. I wore layers and a very light jacket, which then doubled as a cushion on the rail. You get pushed a lot, and my sternum (sp?) is usually right up against it.
I'm guessing it will be much colder this time, though, so I'm not sure about gloves and stuff. I guess I'll have to use the same plan and stuff the gloves in the pockets or something.

Hope this has helped a bit. Oh, and if you are going to be there all day, don't drink a lot of liquids. The complex doesn't have anything within walking distance as far as food, or places to eat.

Tantraess
12-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Oh Boy!! :bounce: Sounds like great fun!! I am taking the fact that there are no Restaurants close by as no bathrooms close by either. Sounds like the Hotel idea may be the only solution.

Anyway, thanks Dogstar for you informative message. It definitely gave me a slap of reality. And with any luck I will see you there in the front of the line. :dancing:

Dogstar
12-02-2002, 03:38 PM
You're welcome...Yeah, I doubt there are nearby bathrooms. There may be portopotties given the construction going on there, but I'm not into that deal unless I'm totally desperate. At Penn State, people held our spots while we went into an athletic building that wasn't too far and had bathrooms. I hardly drank anything, but during the show, the security guys in the front let people drink a few free swigs of water without touching our lips to the bottle. It was a relief because I was really parched.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you!

TeriB19
12-02-2002, 08:52 PM
I'm bringing a few packs of gum so at least we can keep our mouths moist. Aside from drooling over the guys.

KBoo925
12-02-2002, 11:31 PM
Hey guys....just a little info...
There's a huge parking lot outside the Spectrum and The First Union Center. The new stadium is a little far away to use the port-o-pots, and I didn't see any close by when I went down to buy my tix. I don't know if I am going to drive down, since I live fairly close by in South Philly. You are all welcome to park near my house (at Mifflin). There is street parking (free) there and we can jump onto the subway a few blocks away. Although, that doesn't help with storing clothes or blankets (ugh). I might also think about riding my bike down, which I did the last time I saw them at First Union. It was so easy...just locked it up on the gate and walked in! Let me know what your thinkin' I'm soo relieved to be talking to concert veterens....I would be clueless. I definitely won't be drinking that afternoon...I always have to pee (ugh, I'm worried about that). If I can get any more info for you here in S. Philly, let me know. I'll talk to you soon!
Peace,
Karin

TeriB19
12-02-2002, 11:35 PM
But those parking lots may not be open until after 4.

KBoo925
12-02-2002, 11:49 PM
When I went down to buy my tix...it was earlier than four and I got in, but I said I was going to the box office...hmmm. I'll call over to the Spectrum this week and see what I can find out.

KBoo925
12-04-2002, 03:57 PM
Hi everyone...I just called the Spectrum and got a lot of info to send out....

The gate and parking lots are OPEN all day....we need to ask one of the event/security dudes when and where to line up. Doors open at 6:30pm. There is also parking across the street at Roosevelt Park. This is run by Kinney Parking Corp and you can call for info (215 334 4340). There are port-o-pots in the First Union Center parking lot, which is across the street from the Spectrum. They said they won't know the running time of the show (weather or not Creed will be playing through the 12oclock hour)....until two days before the show. What else.... Oh, if there are any out of town visitors, you can call the Visitors Bureau for info on hotels, restaurants, etc. (215 636 1666). Or feel free to email me and I'll be happy to help where I can. :)

I hope this is helpful. Is there anything else to find out? I know I'm a nubie here at the GA game....I'm so excited and again, can't wait to meet my fellow Creed lovers! KIT. PEACE

TeriB19
12-04-2002, 04:59 PM
Karin, did they say which doors open at 6:30? The Pattison Ave doors are not the doors closest to Mark's side of the stage. The doors that directly face the FUC are the doors that are closest. I was wondering if they are going to have people lined up at both entrances or just the front door (Pattison Ave). Good info about the parking lots and the portapotties, thanks for making the call.

KBoo925
12-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Hey Teri. No, the woman on the phone did not know which doors they are going to let us through. She said that we'll have to ask the event/security people and they will direct us. Do you think I'll still be able to join the others if I'm not lined up in the early morning? I read a post where someone mentioned getting there at 7am...ugh! I'll be there asap...I'm going to stop worrying now...ugh PMS :( Going to watch a movie and go to sleep. Enjoy the snow! Nite

hiknman
12-08-2002, 12:06 PM
I've driven through Philly many times never stayed. Where is everyone staying?:dancing:

TeriB19
12-08-2002, 12:41 PM
Welcome hiknman, I live close by, so I'll be sleeping in my own bed. There is a Holiday Inn close by the Stadium and First Union Complex though.

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 02:00 PM
Only 16 more days until CREED.....Woooo-hoooooo!

TeriB19
12-15-2002, 03:28 PM
Wow I can't believe how quickly it's approaching!! I am getting so psyched.

hiknman
12-15-2002, 05:36 PM
Looking forward to freezing my #$%^'s off!!!!:dancing:

TeriB19
12-15-2002, 05:46 PM
Me too, I'm looking forward to freezing your #$%^'s off too.;)

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 09:04 PM
LMAO, you guys. I'm going to be the coldest because I wanna be first in line!:D

hiknman
12-15-2002, 09:23 PM
To late I'm already in line!!!!!:dancing:

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 09:36 PM
LOL, hiknman!

KBoo925
12-15-2002, 09:40 PM
YAY!!!! I'm so thrilled about this! Almost as great as seeing my boys up close is sharing it w/all my new friends. We have to get together. Let me know when you'll all be getting there. I have been thinking about my plans....may even change my trip because I'm supposed to be going up to the mountains and I'm hoping that I won't have any trouble (w/bad weather or snow) getting back to Philly in time to get in line. Ugh. Don't want anything to stop me from seeing this show. We'll see. Will check the weather reports. So, let's stay in touch,k? See you soon!!!!!
:bounce:

Karin

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 09:54 PM
It's so going to rock, KBoo!

KBoo925
12-16-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
It's so going to rock, KBoo!

YAY!!! I just confirmed my plans for the week before...I am planning to go on my retreat to the Pocono Mtns, while praying that the weather cooperates. They said that no one has ever been snowed in, so just keep the sunshine in your hearts for me so, that I can drive back safetly. Nothing will keep me from this concert if I can help it....have I said about a million times how freakin' excited I am?!!! So, I'm leaving next Thursday and I hope to connect w/you guys before then so, we can find each other. By the way, Dogstar, I was thinking maybe I shouldn't stand right next to you on the rail...I want to make sure that Scott is looking at ME!! Heehee. Talk to you soon.
PEACE
Karin;)

tru2mine
12-16-2002, 04:25 PM
i plan on going but me and my friend didnt get our tickets yet, do you think theyll be sold out

TeriB19
12-16-2002, 05:28 PM
Yes.

musicsaves
12-16-2002, 10:04 PM
Hey, I'm new here. I am going to Philly as well, i'm glad there will be people to freeze with....

JenRN
12-16-2002, 10:30 PM
Gee am I the only looser not going to the show on NYE???:mad: I guess that is what happens when you are a nurse and have to work holidays!:(

Dogstar
12-16-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
Gee am I the only looser not going to the show on NYE???:mad:  I guess that is what happens when you are a nurse and have to work holidays!:(

Or if you work for newspapers. I have Mondays and Tuesdays off, which is the only reason I'm getting to go. I'm lucky they didn't switch my days off for the week, which they sometimes do to if they don't get enough volunteers to work a holiday.

creedlvr
12-28-2002, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry ... I'm sure this is a really dumb question ... but what is the rail???

do you mean the bar across the very front before the stage? If you're not on the rail ... can you still see okay??

TeriB19
12-28-2002, 08:59 PM
No, Creedlvr, I promise you it's NOT a dumb question. Before my first show on the rail I didn't know what it was either. There is a barricade set up all around the front of the stage and the rail is the front row of the barricade. Between the barricade and the stage is where the security people are stationed. There is about 3 feet give or take between the rail and the stage, so if you are on the rail, you are 3 feet from the stage with just the security people between you and the guys.

Being on the rail is the best place to see them, but you don't have to be right up there to have a good view.

creedlvr
12-28-2002, 09:18 PM
Thanks Teri! That's what I thought it was ... but I just wanted to make sure.

I'm sure I won't get that lucky, though. Are you from Philly? Do you know how big the floor is?

I'm really worried that I'm going to get stuck in back of hundreds of people.

TeriB19
12-28-2002, 09:47 PM
The Spectrum's not as big as the First Union Center. But it is relatively big. Check out the floor plan on Ticketmaster's site. You just need to get there early to get a good spot on the rail, but if you do get there right up front, prepare to be smushed for a little while when Creed first comes on. There is a huge crush of people all trying to be an inch or two closer to the stage. Some people can't take that, too claustrophobic, and that's why security is there. To take people over the rail and lead them out to where there are less crowded areas.

creedlvr
12-28-2002, 09:56 PM
so if i just want to be close to the stage ... but not necessarily on the rail, do i still have to get there very early? i mean .. is the rest of the floor going to be difficult to see from?

I did look at the ticketmaster chart. ... but it shows the floor in sections. i thought that there were no sections on the floor.

as long as i can see his beautiful face without looking at a monitor ... i will be happy!

TeriB19
12-28-2002, 10:01 PM
I'm fairly certain the entire floor is pit, meaning the later you get in line, the further away from the stage you will be. The seating chart is basically what you'd look at if there were seats on the floor, but since there will not be any seats, just picture the whole floor as one big first come/first row section.

JenRN
12-28-2002, 10:11 PM
Teri is soo right! It is a huge first come first serve section. If you want on the rail you better get your ass there early in the AM or forget it, especially being NYE and 3Doors Down being there also!

creedlvr
12-28-2002, 10:14 PM
thanks for all the info. sorry to ask so many questions. i'm just really excited for this concert and hope i can see well.

i saw Creed at the Meadows in Hartford and didn't have pit tickets ... but did have 3rd row seats. we could see great! it really does make such a difference to be up close. the pit tickets there were great because the whole pit was about 5 feet from the stage. even if you didn't care about being on the rail, you were still sure to see great ... no matter what time you got there. that was the concert i should've gotten them for. oh well ... next time!

hope you don't mind ... but i read your profile. i see your birthday is that night! what a great place to be on your birthday.

TeriB19
12-28-2002, 10:20 PM
No problem with the questions, we all asked them before we went. The smaller the pit, the later you need to show up. Like in Hartford when you saw them, if it's a small pit you're not really competing against too many people for a good spot on the rail, but in Philly where the whole floor is pit, you have an entire floor full of people to fight.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, but that screen is wrong for some reason. Luvscott4ever and I seem to have our birthdays listed as Dec. 31, 1969 even though neither of us were born on that month, day or year. But if it makes me 2 years younger, I'll take the compliment!;)

creedlvr
12-28-2002, 10:26 PM
okay ... then Happy Birthday whenever it is. i'm also glad to know that i'm not the oldest one on theses posts. i'm 33 and i always feel like i'm too old to be on these things. glad to see i'm not!

TeriB19
12-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Thanks, it's July 3. When I first joined I was the oldest here, now I feel happy to be among Creed fans my own age! There are a great many of us over 30 fans.

Dogstar
12-29-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by creedlvr
okay ... then Happy Birthday whenever it is.  i'm also glad to know that i'm not the oldest one on theses posts.  i'm 33 and i always feel like i'm too old to be on these things.  glad to see i'm not!

Hell no, you're not too old to do anything you really want to do...I've got you beat by a few years...I'm into the next decade;)

Tantraess
12-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Hell no, you're not too old to do anything you really want to do...I've got you beat by a few years...I'm into the next decade;)

Hey, I thought I was the oldest one on here. Glad to know I am not the only one that is 39+.:D

Dogstar
12-29-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Tantraess
Hey, I thought I was the oldest one on here. Glad to know I am not the only one that is 39+.:D

:D There are quite a few of us here, Tantraess.

creedlvr
12-29-2002, 09:40 PM
glad to hear it! i always feel like a "teeny-bopper" when i talk to anyone about Creed ... not that there's anything wrong with "teeny-boppers"!

TeriB19
12-29-2002, 09:42 PM
No, there isn't, but I was so relieved when some people my own age started posting. Felt like the grandmother here sometimes with all the youngsters talking about stuff I knew nothing about. I love them but I felt old for awhile. Now I don't.