Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott mentioned in Miam Herald again [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott mentioned in Miam Herald again

Jez
02-06-2004, 10:13 AM
The latest celebrity to set up his own private Miami cabana, is Scott Stapp, the lead singer of Creed, who, if you recall, was a bit ornery at the Skybar recently. Stapp was much better behaved last Friday night at the Delano, where he and some groupies were consuming magnums of Cristal champagne, perhaps to celebrate the fact that Stapp just bought a home on North Bay Road.

Here's the link (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/7879249.htm)

GeeK_2004
02-06-2004, 10:16 AM
hhhhmmmmm......

how about that !!

farmgirl
02-06-2004, 11:27 AM
The latest celebrity to set up his own private Miami cabana, is Scott Stapp, the lead singer of Creed, who, if you recall, was a bit ornery at the Skybar recently. Stapp was much better behaved last Friday night at the Delano, where he and some groupies were consuming magnums of Cristal champagne, perhaps to celebrate the fact that Stapp just bought a home on North Bay Road.

Here's the link (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/7879249.htm)

Don't believe everything you read, not everything in print is the truth.

Jooji_2
02-06-2004, 11:36 AM

I believe nothing that I hear and very little of what I read.

Dogstar
02-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Ok, so what exactly do you dispute in this little blurb?

Jooji_2
02-06-2004, 12:26 PM

My guess is that they needed a reason to announce that he had purchased a home in Miami. Interesting that there is no picture......sorry....I don't believe most of what the media says. Especially not the entertainment gossip page.

farmgirl
02-06-2004, 12:34 PM

I'm just saying that just because it's in the newspaper, doesn't mean it's 100% true. :D

Julbright
02-06-2004, 03:13 PM
I guess I am a little confused too? The story is about him buying a house - those things are like public record or something aren't they? What mileage would they get out of lying about him buying a house? IF you are referring to the comment about the fight - that is old news and a different story. I think this was just about him setting up a place in Miami? :confused:

TeriB19
02-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Maybe the house is on South Bay Road? ;)

Dogstar
02-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Hahahah, Teri...Really, I thought it was more about his buying a house as well. That would be public record.

Higher_Desire
02-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Wow. Cristal. That's some expensive stuff. I wonder why he was getting so much liquor for his groupies? Wonder what's going on there.

H-D :moon:

Julbright
02-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Wow. Cristal. That's some expensive stuff. I wonder why he was getting so much liquor for his groupies? Wonder what's going on there.

H-D :moon:

Maybe he is trying to impress stick woman - whomever it was that appeared in those pictures with him - you know that yucky looking girl that can't possibly win over the heart of my scottie before he has the chance to meet me! :D

I dunno - I just think things are weird - not good or bad - just different

Bridge of Clay
02-06-2004, 05:01 PM
you know, the more liquor you give them, the more easy they become! not that he needs them to be easier, with his person they already are. ;) :pimp:

Jooji_2
02-06-2004, 05:27 PM
The point I'm trying to make is that a story about him celebrating in a Miami nightclub is alot more interesting to the readers than a story about his buying a home in Miami. Its all about selling more papers...you know. :D The National Enquirer swears that Elvis is still alive and living at Graceland ;) Does that mean its true?

Julbright
02-06-2004, 05:28 PM
The point I'm trying to make is that a story about him celebrating in a Miami nightclub is alot more interesting to the readers than a story about his buying a home in Miami. Its all about selling more papers...you know. :D The National Enquirer swears that Elvis is still alive and living at Graceland ;) Does that mean its true?
I am not saying that you can believe everything but I would bet a lot more money on the Miami Herald printing something accurate than the Enquirer!!!!!

TeriB19
02-06-2004, 05:30 PM
No, he's working at the 7-11 around the corner from my house. That damn paper never gets anything right. ;)

hayley
02-06-2004, 06:12 PM
What's a cabana

Jooji_2
02-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Something sort of like a house on the beach........ :D

hayley
02-06-2004, 10:43 PM
:suave: I see

hide
02-07-2004, 01:20 AM
see no reason why this would be made up looks like congrats is in order Stapp he property tychoon! LOL

facelessman
02-07-2004, 01:37 AM
sounds good to me

CreedTunesFan
02-11-2004, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Julbright]Maybe he is trying to impress stick woman -

If I didn't have children I would be a groupie. HE HE :thumbsup:

farmgirl
02-11-2004, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Julbright]Maybe he is trying to impress stick woman -

Are you serious or kidding? :wtf:

Julbright
02-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Maybe he is trying to impress stick woman -

Well as much as I hate to admit it - if I didn't have children I would hop the first plane I could catch to Miami and find him and beg him to hire me in some capacity in his new entertainment company ... in the hopes of getting to know him and serving him and furthering his career.... warped I know

multifast1
02-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Yep, that's warped... LOL. But at least you're big enough to admit it! Something tells me you're not alone in those thoughts ;)

Shadow
02-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Julbright, you are totally not alone. I'm trying to convince my husband to get a transfer to Florida. He could transfer to either Miami or Jacksonville. You know which one I would choose. :lolsign: Although, I wouldn't want to work for him, I would just want him. (Hey listen, a married mother of two needs some fantasy in her life)

Multifast - I recognize your name - you're from the marktremonti.net BB aren't you? I read alot of the posts over there. I know for the most part, they are not exactly Stapp fans.

WeatheredWoman
02-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Well farmergirl... you just have to look at your signature:

*Unlike those who hide the truth, Jullbright and CreedTunesFan tell it like it is!* :thumbsup:

You're not alone Julbright!! :D

multifast1
02-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Multifast - I recognize your name - you're from the marktremonti.net BB aren't you? I read alot of the posts over there. I know for the most part, they are not exactly Stapp fans.

Hi Shadow! Yeah, I've posted on occasion at that site, Creedpit and another MT site. You're right, by and large they're not Stapp fans. Obviouslt they all like Tremonti and his style of guitar play. There are a few though that will defend Stapp to the end everytime the subject comes up though.. LOL. poor people. I give them credit for persistence but it's a loosing battle at that site.

Jooji_2
02-11-2004, 04:23 PM

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Multifast......what's the name of Marks new band??????????

multifast1
02-11-2004, 04:34 PM
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Multifast......what's the name of Marks new band??????????

Wish I knew. I haven't heard any info on it yet. I asked the question to the girls at creedpit who heard the demo and they said he was still kicking some names around. Originally it was to be Downshifter, but that got scrapped pretty early on I guess.

PS- One thing to keep in mind about the MT.net site is that most of it's regular people are what I consider hard-core guitarists who think MArk's guitar playing is awesome. I probably shouldn't generalize here, BUT.. most guitarists think of a lead singer as a necessary evil. Truth be told they'd all do instrumental CDs like Stevie Vai if they would sell as good. LOL. Just take that into consideration (along with a grain of salt) when you talk about Stapp at that site.

Jooji_2
02-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Wish I knew. I haven't heard any info on it yet. I asked the question to the girls at creedpit who heard the demo and they said he was still kicking some names around. Originally it was to be Downshifter, but that got scrapped pretty early on I guess.

PS- One thing to keep in mind about the MT.net site is that most of it's regular people are what I consider hard-core guitarists who think MArk's guitar playing is awesome. I probably shouldn't generalize here, BUT.. most guitarists think of a lead singer as a necessary evil. Truth be told they'd all do instrumental CDs like Stevie Vai if they would sell as good. LOL. Just take that into consideration (along with a grain of salt) when you talk about Stapp at that site.

Maybe that's why I don't frequent that site. I listen to a band equally as much for the voice as the instrument. But then I wouldn't go to that site to talk about Stapp.

Shadow
02-11-2004, 05:35 PM
One thing to keep in mind about the MT.net site is that most of it's regular people are what I consider hard-core guitarists who think MArk's guitar playing is awesome. I probably shouldn't generalize here, BUT.. most guitarists think of a lead singer as a necessary evil. Truth be told they'd all do instrumental CDs like Stevie Vai if they would sell as good. LOL. Just take that into consideration (along with a grain of salt) when you talk about Stapp at that site.

I think that some of the people over there are teenagers as well. There have been posts where the users have given their age, so I'm not just saying that. I actually have had a few good laughs with some of the topics and the responses to them. (They like to use foul language alot). Michael (the administrator) put up Tremonti's old posts on the board today (from Oct. 2001 right before Weathered came out). In his post, Mark mentioned how he thought Weathered was Creed's best album by far. I know from reading the posts that the die-hard Tremonti fans don't like Weathered (of course they blame Stapp because of the lyrics). Go to the sight and read it, it was pretty interesting.

I give you alot of credit for going to the Creed Pit BB. I get a headache when I go over there. There is always so much going on, and I already spend waaaaay tooo much time on the computer.

I've been reading this BB for a long time and finally decided to join. I need to keep up with my boy STAPP.

multifast1
02-11-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm glad Michale reposted that Q&A from Mark. I remember reading it when he did it back then.. And yeah, I know what you mean about the Weathered bashing. Personally, MOP is still my fav of the three only because of it's overall sound and attitude. I certainly won't blame Stapp for Weathered's lighter side.. other than Lullabye that is :-) I think the lyrics and songs are awesome on all through but their basic sound changed throughout as they experimented with different sounds. That just normal evolution for a band.

Not sure why I never posted on this board before.. I used to come here almost daily to check for updates and concert reviews.. and waaaaaay too much during CQ!