Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp is going to be a Thug? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp is going to be a Thug?

BigBassDrummer
02-05-2004, 01:09 PM
Accoring to CreedPit, Stapp is working with the producers that worked with Ashanti and 50 Cent... :wtf:

He also said it would make your 15"s in the back of your car thump... this should be interesting. :help:

bobben
02-05-2004, 01:34 PM
i'm more concerned than anything. This doesn't sound anything like the Scott that we know! His voice belongs to rock :cool: together with Mark and Scott (and Brett) and not to stupid hip-hop\pop music!!! I'm sure about that this will be a big step-back for him!! :rolleyes:

RMadd
02-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Big pimpin' Scott Stapp, yo! I'm sure he can break it down, fo' shizzle. Stappy freestyle, biyatch!

WeatheredWoman
02-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Awwww NOOOOO!!! Don't let this nightmare come true! :yikes:

Don't even like a tiny little bit of that idea :crying:

Bobben I agree with ya!

Julbright
02-05-2004, 03:16 PM
I dunno - I am praying we aren't talking about hiphop or rap = he did mention the door and zepplin as well as the 15's comment and he said he wants to reinvent rock so I don't know if we can guess what to expect. It better be good. If he starts rapping I am outta here.

Mr.Anderson
02-05-2004, 03:34 PM
If this is true, I'm definately sticking with Mark Tremonti.

DangerousDan85
02-05-2004, 03:40 PM
yo yo my homies, it gunna be so tight, it gunna be off the hizzle for shizzle my nizzles

i hope he keep it freshy fresh, he could collabarate with Fiddy

peace out doggs, holla back ya'll

Bling Bling Stappy IS FOREVER!!

PaulMcCoygirl
02-05-2004, 04:09 PM
I just thought of something...what if Scott did do the whole hip-hop thing and he started wearing the bling bling. He'll come out with gold chains, platinum watch, hose on his head. If he does that, then I know the world's gonna end! :help: Someone needs to pound some sense into him, :chair: he belongs in the rock genre.

Agent D
02-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Ugh...this can't be happening. Someone tell me isn't happening! :help:

PaulMcCoygirl
02-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Um.....it's not happening. Feel better? :D

DangerousDan85
02-05-2004, 04:35 PM
i remember an interview with him at some award show last year, he mentioned wanting to do some hip hop and acting and we all thought he was kidding around

i doubt it'll be like full blown hip hop

Agent D
02-05-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm very alarmed here. :o

Dogstar
02-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Hmmm, not really into hip-hop, but I'll reserve judgment until I hear it.

RMadd
02-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Here's some advice: "Wait and see". He didn't say anything about it being wholly hip-hop/r&b. He said he wanted to mix his style, as has been said, which is Doors, Zep, etc. We'll see. It doesn't do any good to complain or worry, b/c you only exasperate and anger yourself.

WeatheredWoman
02-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Reminds me of the cooperation of Run DMC with Aerosmith... Walk this way???

Agent D
02-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Reminds me of the cooperation of Run DMC with Aerosmith... Walk this way???

Don't even go there! lol

Jooji_2
02-05-2004, 06:24 PM
It ain't gonna be rap or hip hop...... :D

WeatheredWoman
02-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Hmmm... :think:... :think:... :think:... Red Hot Chili Pepper style???

Bridge of Clay
02-05-2004, 06:40 PM
alright!!!!!!!!!!! :D

why am I the only one that seems excited about that??? It's gonna rock!!!

I like some stuff of hip-hop/rap... besides, that makes sense! he's been seen with hip-hop artists (just browse for his latest pictures) .

AND he said it will sound like doors and led zeps!

WeatheredWoman
02-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Well RHCP-style isn't that bad at all! But when I think of the actual hip-hop/trip-hop/rap-scene and then try to figure Scott in it... :dunno:

Ok, I'll let Scott surprise me :D

TeriB19
02-05-2004, 06:54 PM
P. Scotty :afro:
Scotty Fresh :afro:
Scott-cast :afro:
.50 Scott :afro:

Bridge of Clay
02-05-2004, 06:56 PM
LMAO, Teri! Good one!

WeatheredWoman
02-05-2004, 06:56 PM
LMAO!!!! :roll: Teri... Good one ! :thumbsup:

WeatheredWoman
02-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Minds alike Tremo :laugh:

Well... guess we all have to wait for our Big Scotty Style! :dunno:

JulieCitySlicker
02-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Sorry :)
If this is true I'm gonna so laugh my ass off :D

Bridge of Clay
02-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Minds alike Tremo :laugh:
:

our minds are alike or you're just a copy cat??? ;) hehehe j/k :D

Agent D
02-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Sigh...if Scott really does go the hip hop route then I really will be depending on Tremo's new band for some real music.

Sheila63
02-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Here's some advice: "Wait and see". He didn't say anything about it being wholly hip-hop/r&b. He said he wanted to mix his style, as has been said, which is Doors, Zep, etc. We'll see. It doesn't do any good to
complain or worry, b/c you only exasperate and anger yourself.

I agree with you, BearFan. I didn't see the show but from what I've read, it sounds to me like it's going to rock like the Doors/Led Zep with a heavy bass sound. That's my take on what he said. But we'll have to wait and see. I'm just happy to hear some news and know some new music will be coming!! :rockon:

Julbright
02-05-2004, 07:33 PM
P. Scotty :afro:
Scotty Fresh :afro:
Scott-cast :afro:
.50 Scott :afro:

ROFLMAO *hysterical*

TeriB19
02-05-2004, 07:37 PM
How about Snoop-Scotty-Scott? :afro:

creedsister
02-05-2004, 07:39 PM
If this is true, I'm definately sticking with Mark Tremonti.HAHa i here ya

JulieCitySlicker
LMAO Teri :D

WeatheredWoman
our minds are alike or you're just a copy cat??? ;) hehehe j/k :D

Just a very very quick copy cat LOL!!! ;)

Bridge of Clay
02-05-2004, 07:40 PM
how about Stapp Daddy??? :afro:

girs would love that!

Julbright
02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
I think given his current appearance (remember I love the guy so don't gang up on me - he is puffy in the face - deal with it)

a good choice might be

Puff Scotty or
Puff Stappy

He could release his first solo album - Stapp Rapp

TeriB19
02-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Rap Crap from my Homeboy, Stapp. :D

WeatheredWoman
02-05-2004, 07:50 PM

:rofl: That's the BEST Teri!! :roll:

Stappishot
02-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Why don't you all chill out. Just because he's working with "Hip hop stars" or whatever you're trying to say it is. If he wants to do it, let him do it. And as for him being a thug, can anyone explain to me what a thug is? According to eveyone here, you all are pin pointing it just on 1 thing and that's race and color. Don't be fooled. Grow up! :mad1:

DangerousDan85
02-06-2004, 12:20 AM
:frankie: :frosty: :syncdance :rainbow: :eyes: :chef: :rockout:

hayley
02-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Why don't you all chill out. Just because he's working with "Hip hop stars" or whatever you're trying to say it is. If he wants to do it, let him do it. And as for him being a thug, can anyone explain to me what a thug is? According to eveyone here, you all are pin pointing it just on 1 thing and that's race and color. Don't be fooled. Grow up! :mad1:

Uhhh, haha that was funny. I'm not racist. And hip-hop/rap/pop SUCKS!! ]
And... "thug" From the dictionary: A very rough and violent person Wow, what a suprise :rolleyes: Just take a look at rap artists lyrics, and the description will fit very nicely.

Anwyay, back on topic, I am quite worried, and hope he doesn't go too overboard with the hip/hop, as I hate it, and it's the worst music there is. Stapp belongs with rock, if he does anything else he's going to look like a fucking idiot, end of story. (No offense Stapp) But it's true. I will be so disappointed, but I guess, we all have to wait until the album comes out. :eek: I am praying that it won't be hip-hop at all

DangerousDan85
02-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Why don't you all chill out.

i think you should take your own advice

hide
02-06-2004, 12:41 AM
i have to admit i am kind of worried, why the producers behind Ashanti, 50 Cent and the like? What is wrong with Kurzweg or for that matter O'Brien, Rubin and the like? I'll try trust Scott to shock, surprise but more importantly please and inspire!

hayley
02-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Any producer would be better than the one he's sticking with now

Stappishot
02-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Come on, do u really think he'll go to rap. He's not going anywhere. Ok for people who don't know the business at ALL. There are different producers that work with people from pop/rock/heavy metal/polk etc.etc.... These days the producers don't just stick with 1 group of music,that'll be boring. It's like wearing the same hair style for 40 yrs and never changing it. They work with all types of music people in the music business. For instance N.E.R.D They are producers, who deal with all types of music rock,pop,rap,r&b, all types. And just because someone is working with them doesn't mean there going to rap or whatever. Don't get carried away. :rolleyes:

Stappishot
02-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Uhhh, haha that was funny. I'm not racist. And hip-hop/rap/pop SUCKS!! ]
And... "thug" From the dictionary: A very rough and violent person Wow, what a suprise :rolleyes: Just take a look at rap artists lyrics, and the description will fit very nicely.

Anwyay, back on topic, I am quite worried, and hope he doesn't go too overboard with the hip/hop, as I hate it, and it's the worst music there is. Stapp belongs with rock, if he does anything else he's going to look like a fucking idiot, end of story. (No offense Stapp) But it's true. I will be so disappointed, but I guess, we all have to wait until the album comes out. :eek: I am praying that it won't be hip-hop at all

:smokin:

hayley
02-06-2004, 01:01 AM
And just because someone is working with them doesn't mean there going to rap or whatever. Don't get carried away. :rolleyes:
Well hello dumbass, he mentioned hip/hop in his interview so stuff you

hide
02-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Well hello dumbass, he mentioned hip/hop in his interview so stuff you

okay its getting hot in here! LOL

why would he choose this producer if not to go down this route at all? If there is a bit of a hip-hop influence then cool but if he gets too far away from his usual style then I won't know what to think. I'll trust him to make me pleased. :)

Stappishot
02-06-2004, 01:08 AM
You'll see and you'll find out ur the dumb one :nono:
In the mean time take a chill pill :smokin:

hayley
02-06-2004, 01:40 AM
I agree with hide, but it's just that I hate rap music so much that it will take some time to get used to it, if he's going to be full blown out with rap, which I don't think he will be anyway, so I'm just saying.

Okay, I'm not saying that Stapp is going to be a hard out rap artist, no way, that's not his style anyway, I never said that that's the way he is going to go. Stappishot, I think you are the one that needs to take a :chillpill you were the one that started this good bye

SleeplessAngel
02-06-2004, 02:24 AM
I was laughing my ass off at this thread, you guys are great!
every time I try to picture Stapp doing that stuff, I just bust out laughing. It's too much..lol I'm thinking it wont be what we're expecting though.

Swells
02-06-2004, 07:13 AM
How Can Scott Stapp, go from Rock music, and then to the Hip hop/R n B/ Rap etc, type of music...............How weird will it sound, when Stapp's saying "motha fukka tukka...." and the rest of the crap............Stapp was born to scream his lungs out, and to show, how well he can sing!!!! ...He is my Favourite singer, of all time.....bit as 'SleeplessAngel' says "I'm thinking it wont be what we're expecting though" <that is gonna be soo right!!!
It will fuck up his career!!!

TeriB19
02-06-2004, 09:40 AM
I think everyone needs to relax. He mentioned that he's going with the same producers that work with Ashanti & 50 cent, but he didn't say he was going to do rap or hip/hop. No need for everyone to start arguing or name calling, ok? Let's just wait and see.

Dogstar
02-06-2004, 12:19 PM
TERI, your wiggly guys are back :) :D

Swells
02-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Teri, We think, and we type........ thats what the threads are for...
But even if Stapp does have the hip hop sound....we all know it will ruin his career

Agent D
02-06-2004, 12:40 PM
If Stapp keeps his music more toward the Rock side, then I think it'll be ok. But if he does try to become more of a rapper, then not only will he alienate us Creed fans who hate rap but every rap fan in the world will laugh at him.

Redeemer
02-06-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't think anyone's being racist here. After all, I think Stapp turning to "rapp" (lol) would be a travesty, and I'm black. Yes, I am, but I hate rap, and I think it makes the African-American race look bad. (Some rappers are exempt from this, but there are always exceptions.) I also think it makes white people look worse. (Sorry, guys. Ya know I love ya.) So Stapp should stick to rock, which is what he does best, even though it doesn't rhyme with his name as well. lol.
<But I can't say I didn't laugh my arse off when those Snoop-Scotty-Scott and Puff Stappy jokes were flying. You guys are the greatest.>

WeatheredWoman
02-06-2004, 01:29 PM
...and I think it makes the African-American race look bad. (Some rappers are exempt from this, but there are always exceptions.) I also think it makes white people look worse. (Sorry, guys. Ya know I love ya.)

I do agree totally with you on that one... and I'm white...Love ya too! :)
This hasn't got anything to do with racism in my opinion!!!

Stappishot
02-06-2004, 02:54 PM
I agree with hide, but it's just that I hate rap music so much that it will take some time to get used to it, if he's going to be full blown out with rap, which I don't think he will be anyway, so I'm just saying.

Okay, I'm not saying that Stapp is going to be a hard out rap artist, no way, that's not his style anyway, I never said that that's the way he is going to go. Stappishot, I think you are the one that needs to take a :chillpill you were the one that started this good bye

:moon2:

Stappishot
02-06-2004, 02:58 PM
I think everyone needs to relax. He mentioned that he's going with the same producers that work with Ashanti & 50 cent, but he didn't say he was going to do rap or hip/hop. No need for everyone to start arguing or name calling, ok? Let's just wait and see.

Thank you! That's the kind of reply that I was waiting for! :D

Bridge of Clay
02-06-2004, 05:02 PM
I think you're guys are too sensitive about those issues and alway create a storm in a cup of water.

Some people need to be more open minded here.

Jooji_2
02-06-2004, 05:48 PM
The sound of the Doors and Zeppelin with a groove that will make the 15's in the back go thump.....with my sound and my voice singing "rock" over it. I'm not sure that is word for word.......he also made the statement something about reinventing the rock wheel. Everyone here is just preferring to take the work rap and hiphop and run with it. :D

musicmind226
02-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Accoring to CreedPit, Stapp is working with the producers that worked with Ashanti and 50 Cent... :wtf:

He also said it would make your 15"s in the back of your car thump... this should be interesting. :help:

Mabey thats why mark and flip could of given stapp the boot? And then get a new singer and bring back brian.

Lol, this is going to be a very intersting year. :smokin:

hayley
02-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Mabey thats why mark and flip could of given stapp the boot? And then get a new singer and bring back brian.
Oh come now, let's not start speculating about that, that's just sad.

Yeah, interesting, that's one word for it. :eek:

Yep, okay, you're right. Peace. :)

Agent D
02-06-2004, 07:53 PM

The thought crossed my mind as well.

Kim V.
02-06-2004, 08:05 PM

OMG, Teri!! You are too funny!! How about DJ Stappy-Stapp? :D

LorSxy
02-06-2004, 09:47 PM
:wtf: I do like some rap but he can't be for real.I just can't see him trying to rap :eek: Maybe he is just talking of the top of his head.Is he for real? :confused: I love Stapp I hope he knows what he is doing.Well if it flops he always has his rock music to fall back on. :D

Agent D
02-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Man...if Stapp starts rapping...then all of us Creed Feeders are gonna be doing this lol-- :drunk:

PaulMcCoygirl
02-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Hahahaha, yeah probably so!

hayley
02-06-2004, 10:39 PM
:wtf: I do like some rap but he can't be for real.I just can't see him trying to rap :eek: Maybe he is just talking of the top of his head.Is he for real? :confused: I love Stapp I hope he knows what he is doing.Well if it flops he always has his rock music to fall back on. :D
Rap music is bad enough by itself, mixing it with rock is even worse.

hide
02-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Rap music is bad enough by itself, mixing it with rock is even worse.

well if he goes rap he'll have more in common with Fred Durst then he'll like! I'm sure we are worrying about nothing and it will be fantastic and it will ROCK!

facelessman
02-07-2004, 01:34 AM
yeah i heard that

Dogstar
02-07-2004, 01:46 AM
Well, I just caught the end of his stint on the Craig Kilborn show and he said it's not rap, LOL..He said, I'm not a rapper :D. Whew.

hide
02-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Well, I just caught the end of his stint on the Craig Kilborn show and he said it's not rap, LOL..He said, I'm not a rapper :D. Whew.

yay that little episode is over then! :dancing:

Dogstar
02-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Yeah, I only caught the last few minutes, though, as I just got home from work. He also intimated that the fight in the bar was not him. He mentioned that a man was arrested for impersonating Mark, suggesting that whoever got in the fight might have been an impersonator.

hayley
02-07-2004, 02:12 AM
well if he goes rap he'll have more in common with Fred Durst then he'll like! I'm sure we are worrying about nothing and it will be fantastic and it will ROCK!
Yeah, we probably are worrying about nothing, but it's things like that you can't help, you know? :o :eek:

Well, I just caught the end of his stint on the Craig Kilborn show and he said it's not rap, LOL..He said, I'm not a rapper
Wow, thats a relief. Phew. Thanks Dogstar you just made my day. :D

Dogstar
02-07-2004, 02:19 AM
:D. Happy to help, Hayley!

bobben
02-07-2004, 08:02 AM
well, Stapp did partly rap (he did sing fast) in What If and I think that's the best Creed song. If he continues with that style it could get somewhere, but not if he starts to shizzle to the dizzel in da fizzel!! :smokin:

Stappishot
02-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Everyone getting worried and Scott is not even rapping. He said so on Craig Killborn last night. ;)

archie bunker
02-07-2004, 10:10 PM
everyone needed reassured with the craig show, a true creed fan would have known the rumor was shit anyway!!!!!! :doh: p.s i did like your names though teri what about..........slim scotty :pimp:

Stappishot
02-07-2004, 11:19 PM
I knew he wouldn't start rapping all along, it was just common sense. Anyone who is anyone could figure that one out, duh :hammerlol

hide
02-08-2004, 02:19 AM
well, Stapp did partly rap (he did sing fast) in What If and I think that's the best Creed song. If he continues with that style it could get somewhere, but not if he starts to shizzle to the dizzel in da fizzel!! :smokin:

big difference between What If and rapping though! Mainstream rap is just shocking, in fact much worse then bubble-gum pop! More underground stuff is okay though!

hayley
02-08-2004, 05:55 PM
What the heck is bubble-gum pop

Dogstar
02-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Kid-type radio-friendly pop music, Hayley, like Hanson, Britney, that kind of stuff. Really light music lyrically and sonically.

Swells
02-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Theres no way that u can compare 'What If', to 'Rap', thats totally different :wtf: :confused:

Swells
02-09-2004, 07:16 AM
Btw, When is Stapp releasing his album? and When is Tremonti releasing his?

DangerousDan85
02-09-2004, 10:44 AM
i think they are both slated for "later this year", i haven't heard any specific dates yet

WeatheredWoman
02-09-2004, 03:15 PM
After praying, praying and praying for some new music, the second half of this year just will be AWESOME!!!! Anthology Creed, Solo Stapp, Tremo/Flip & Band! That sure is a GREAT overload :D

creedsister
02-09-2004, 08:53 PM
I heard they were going to hit record Shelfs By ~~~May 2009 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Cant wait

katzthatsme
02-13-2004, 04:11 PM
i think it will be fine he mentioned not rapping i think its gonna be a sorta variation of stuff

PaulMcCoygirl
02-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Yeah, as long as it's not rap, it will be okay.

Jester
02-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Here's some advice: "Wait and see". He didn't say anything about it being wholly hip-hop/r&b. He said he wanted to mix his style, as has been said, which is Doors, Zep, etc. We'll see. It doesn't do any good to complain or worry, b/c you only exasperate and anger yourself.

agreed I think/hope that it might expand his musical horizons maybe make him a more talented artist

mushroomy2k
02-23-2004, 09:04 AM
the kids in are neighborhood have 15's and more,my sons system rocks
some have systems that you cant even close your windows in your
car cause the comression will blow your windows out.
you can here them coming down the road from a mile away.
so if he is gonna make a album that will make are 15's go thump
then he is gonna make us all go woa. :smokin: .
have a great day everyone :)

creed_fdj83
02-24-2004, 02:02 AM
Maybe Scott is just trying to create press for his new album? If anyone actually thinks Stapp is going to try "rap" music, they need to take a deep breath and go listen to My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered right away. The musical style progresses and the sound of each album changes slightly, but stays much the same and there is not one Creed song I have ever heard that would make me think that Scott Stapp would go "bling bling" on us.