Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I don't know what to do! HELP!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do! HELP!!

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Okay, guys, I need help. :help: Long story, sorry though.
Okay, as many of you know, Default is my 2nd favorite band. I love them all a lot, so I'm going to defend them, like I would Creed. :boxing: So I find this review of the second album, Elocation, and some dude just butchers the album. He makes it sound like it is the worst thing that has ever come around. So, me and my temper :mad1: w/ people that diss my bands, writes this freak an e-mail. he writes me back, and we've been arguing for several days. Then this last thing I sent, I think I was just asking for it. It was my fault this happened, but I said, well, I'm not even going to ask how you've butchered Creed and 3 Doors Down. Soooo......this stupid idiot sends me back an e-mail, just a miniute ago, saying exactly
"3 Doors Down is cool, and the guitarist from Creed is amazing. Unfortunately, he's stuck with Scott Stapp, who is a giant right wing nut anti-choice douchebag."
So, my little temper is about to explode. :banghead: :chair: :frankie: :mad2: I know this crackhead :smokin: wants me to get mad and write back, but I don't want to do what he is wanting me to do, but I want to defend my dearest Scott :stapp:, who I don't beleive is anything that freak said he is. Any good advice??? Anyone got spam to send to him?? ;) j/k
On the serious side, what do you guys think I shoud do, just ignore it, or say something??? Thanks.........

Dogstar
01-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Well, if you've been going back and forth for days, you probably won't change each other's minds, so it might be pointless to continue. Besides, it's just one person's review...just his opinion. If you feel you must continue, ask him to at least cite you examples of Scott's right-wing tendencies and anti-choice stance. I can see where he got that, though, to be honest...Not the wing-nut part but the other stuff. :D

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I just get upset when people talk bad about Scott, or Mark, or Flip. It probably is pointless, this guy is stupid. I get the feeling that he will feel that he's right about all that, which he's not. Like you said, I probably can't change his mind, and he can't change mine. I'm too hard headed. I'll probably wait to say anything, that way atleast I'll have time to think of something he can't use as a target on Scott. Or if I even reply. I just don't know. OH WHAT THE CRAP! I'M JUST WASTING MY FREAKING TIME!

Higher_Desire
01-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Everyone's entitled to their opinions. Everyone always has their own opinion. Unfortunately, some people's opinions just plain suck.

Hmmmm. I wonder what he'll say about Mark's CD with Flip and Brian...

H-D :hypno:

creedsister
01-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Okay, guys, I need help. :help: Long story, sorry though.
Okay, as many of you know, Default is my 2nd favorite band. I love them all a lot, so I'm going to defend them, like I would Creed. :boxing: So I find this review of the second album, Elocation, and some dude just butchers the album. He makes it sound like it is the worst thing that has ever come around. So, me and my temper :mad1: w/ people that diss my bands, writes this freak an e-mail. he writes me back, and we've been arguing for several days. Then this last thing I sent, I think I was just asking for it. It was my fault this happened, but I said, well, I'm not even going to ask how you've butchered Creed and 3 Doors Down. Soooo......this stupid idiot sends me back an e-mail, just a miniute ago, saying exactly
"3 Doors Down is cool, and the guitarist from Creed is amazing. Unfortunately, he's stuck with Scott Stapp, who is a giant right wing nut anti-choice douchebag."
So, my little temper is about to explode. :banghead: :chair: :frankie: :mad2: I know this crackhead :smokin: wants me to get mad and write back, but I don't want to do what he is wanting me to do, but I want to defend my dearest Scott :stapp:, who I don't beleive is anything that freak said he is. Any good advice??? Anyone got spam to send to him?? ;) j/k
On the serious side, what do you guys think I shoud do, just ignore it, or say something??? Thanks......... yo hows about sending me a pm with the dudes Email add..My advice tell,em to eat crap and die REALLY :

creedlvr
01-10-2004, 09:18 PM
yo hows about sending me a pm with the dudes Email add..My advice tell,em to eat crap and die REALLY :
That wouldn't be a good idea. Then he will just come back and make fun of Creed fans as well as Creed themselves.

You could try to get your point across if you feel strongly about it. But I would suggest trying to be calm and really try to make a valid point. I think Dogstar's suggested approach is a good one.

JulieCitySlicker
01-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Or you could find out his address and send the mafia over to his house so they can kick his ass :flamer:

Oh wait! Did I say that out loud :D Bad Julie :D

creedlvr
01-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Or you could find out his address and send the mafia over to his house so they can kick his ass :flamer:

Or that could work, too!

JulieCitySlicker
01-10-2004, 10:11 PM
HeHeHe :D

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-11-2004, 12:49 AM

I thought about asking someone here if they had spam! ;) A virus for the computer! I decided against it though, earlier.

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-11-2004, 01:06 AM
yo hows about sending me a pm with the dudes Email add..My advice tell,em to eat crap and die REALLY :
I already did something similar. It didn't work. Dudes, he's an alchohaulic (How ever that is spelled????) Cuz one of the replies he sent said something along the lines of I can't argue right now, I'm too drunk
I was like, no wonder you don't like Default, your too drunk to know what's good! I think I actually tried to insult him at one time and said "you probably listen to crappy bands like limp bizkit" I don't remember if I almost did that, or if I did. :D I should send pictures of Scott to him, since he apparently doesn't like Scott. I should try and activate that free e-mail I don't use anymore! ;)

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-11-2004, 01:16 AM
...Hmmmm. I wonder what he'll say about Mark's CD with Flip and Brian...

H-D :hypno:
I really don't want to know.

Delirium
01-12-2004, 08:48 PM
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Have you ever wondered why they call it music taste? it means everybody is different in the music they like... What's the point of trying to force your prefered taste onto them. He's a music reviewer, it's his moral duty to express his taste in word-form.

By being all aggressive cause you dont agree with him it's just made him just as defensive. Music reviews are useless.

geez... :rolleyes:

JenRN
01-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Geez where the hell is the dead horse? I am so sick of this crap, why can't people leave Scott alone? Right wing nut? That the hell is he talking about? Anti-choice? Is he turning this into a political issue :confused: I have one thing to say, to each thier own. I am am just sick of hearing people bash the shit out of him. Yes he makes mistakes, who the hell doesn't? I sure would not let it get to you, some people thrive on getting a rise out of others, especially on this issue :rolleyes:

hide
01-12-2004, 10:21 PM
i suggest that you take some advice from the Australian movie "The Castle" and send over a thug to say "i'm just passing on a message, you better back off or else". Then you steal the gate from his house if he has a gate! LOL

seriously everyone has their opinions, you have tried reasoning with him and nothing has come out of it. However perhaps you could kindly ask him how he is a right wing nut? I can see where he gets the idea that he is right wing but no-one gets on the back of those who are left wing (at least not fellow artists) and most of them are much more active. Scott isn't political at all!

hayley
01-13-2004, 12:14 AM
Man that really sucks. I know what it feels like, I get really fuming when people make fun and say nasty things about my bands. :mad:

A couple of nights ago on the national news, there was this presenter, I have never liked her, but now, I REALLY DON'T LIKE HER!!! :mad2: She was interviewing Amy Lee from Evanesance because they were in New Zealand, and she mentioned the last time a big rock band came to New Zealand, and yes it was when Creed was here. So she said "When CHRISTIAN ROCKERS Creed came to Auckland." I was so angry, it's the national news, they should at least get their facts right. I have ever since been trying to find either her email address, or the news site where I can email in complaints, but I have had no luck. :( It's really peeving me off I want to kick her little punk ass with nasty comments!!!!!!!! :mad: :chair:

hayley
01-13-2004, 12:16 AM
I guess she's not a Creed fan, or else she wouldn't call them "christian rockers", so I guess I should go easier on her, because she wouldn't know, but I guess it's cause I didn't like her in the first place.

hide
01-13-2004, 03:14 AM
I guess she's not a Creed fan, or else she wouldn't call them "christian rockers", so I guess I should go easier on her, because she wouldn't know, but I guess it's cause I didn't like her in the first place.

that is such a common mistake but i agree that people should check the facts it is really lazy in fact. its not that been labelled a christian rock band is a bad thing, far from it but a bit of accuracy wouldn't go astray. So are you going to see Evansence? I'm surprised that got on the news. Did a sheep not die today? hahahahhaahahah

hayley
01-13-2004, 06:06 PM
its not that been labelled a christian rock band is a bad thing, far from it but a bit of accuracy wouldn't go astray.
Yeah, I agree. I mean I hear Creed being labelled a "Christian band" so many times now. It's just that it was the national news, they could at least have some courtesy and get their facts right.

So are you going to see Evansence? I'm surprised that got on the news. Did a sheep not die today? hahahahhaahahah
:roll: :roll:
And no, I'm not going to see them, they aren't playing in my town and even if they were I don't think I'd go, not really my kinda band. Their popular hits are okay, but they don't really tickle my fancy. :D
Evanesance are pretty big over here, so they mentioned them on the news, as they do with every big band that's here to perform. We don't have much news, important news..j/k

hide
01-13-2004, 06:41 PM
fair enough they are a decent band but i wouldn't pay $80.00 or so to see them. If they were playing in a local club I would be there no doubt, I still think they are better then most of the stuff that is out there. Sorry I couldn't resist the sheep joke just too easy! :)

PaulMcCoygirl
01-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Let me just say that if you keep insultling him, then you are just dropping yourself down to his level. It's not making anything better if you keep doing that. Listen, like Collin said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, unfortunately you're going to get opinions like his. Just blow the whole thing off. I know it's easy for me to say because you want to defend Stapp and that's fine, but it's better to drop the whole ordeal and get on with your life. Besides, I'm sure you have much better things to do. :)

hayley
01-13-2004, 10:03 PM
fair enough they are a decent band but i wouldn't pay $80.00 or so to see them. If they were playing in a local club I would be there no doubt, I still think they are better then most of the stuff that is out there. Sorry I couldn't resist the sheep joke just too easy! :)

Yes, I wouldn't pay 80.00 to see them either, no way. If it was a free concert, then sure, I would go. :D j/k.

Eh Evanesance are okay I guess, I love My Immortal, but that's about it. Some of these new bands that are coming out now, god I think what's happening to the modern rock world.

LOL don't be sorry it was funny :D

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Man that really sucks. I know what it feels like, I get really fuming when people make fun and say nasty things about my bands. :mad:

A couple of nights ago on the national news, there was this presenter, I have never liked her, but now, I REALLY DON'T LIKE HER!!! :mad2: She was interviewing Amy Lee from Evanesance because they were in New Zealand, and she mentioned the last time a big rock band came to New Zealand, and yes it was when Creed was here. So she said "When CHRISTIAN ROCKERS Creed came to Auckland." I was so angry, it's the national news, they should at least get their facts right. I have ever since been trying to find either her email address, or the news site where I can email in complaints, but I have had no luck. :( It's really peeving me off I want to kick her little punk ass with nasty comments!!!!!!!! :mad: :chair:
I hate it when people do that. It's like some people I know label them a Christian band to give them a reason NOT to listen to Creed, and some people label them a Christian band so they have a reason TO listen to Creed. I think if you're not going to like them, don't try and hide it with labeling them that, and if you're going to like them, like them for who they are. :D

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Let me just say that if you keep insultling him, then you are just dropping yourself down to his level. It's not making anything better if you keep doing that. Listen, like Collin said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, unfortunately you're going to get opinions like his. Just blow the whole thing off. I know it's easy for me to say because you want to defend Stapp and that's fine, but it's better to drop the whole ordeal and get on with your life. Besides, I'm sure you have much better things to do. :)
The first and second e-mails I sent was definantly down to his level, or lower. It was pretty bad because, like I said, I have a temper, and didn't controll myself. But later, I tried to get down and just point out facts about things he may have gone a little overboard on. He did agree with me on some of the things I said, and many other things, of course, the creep didn't. I was a little rude about some of the remarks he made, but otherwise, I just tried to convince him that he DID go overboard on some of the things he said about the album. One fact I pointed out, replying to a remark he made about 'thousands of people with different tastes and styles in music read the reviews', was that he could have really ruined something that some of those thousand people may have really loved. I'm not saying that I'm right, because I will admit, it wasn't right for me to critisize him for the rather stupid opinions he made. Everyone has the right to speak out their opinions. I spoke mine. But, I can't change what I've already done. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not griping at you or anything, I'm just trying to put my point across. :glasses:

JenRN
01-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh boy the battles I have fought over the years. One thing life has taught me is to pick my battles closely. I have learned that some people just think different and there is NOTHING you can do to change thier mind. Some people like to get a rise out of anyone they can. So many things and people have done this to me in over the years. I have learned some hard lessons, if it is something you think you may actually get somewhere with than so be it, fight to the bitter end. BUT.... if it is an endless battle and there is no reasoning with people then don't waste your time! I have a tendency to become VERY argumentative over things, and honestly I am tired of it. I will save all my fire for things that REALLY matter.