Are you happy now
I’m gone
Relentless chase
Can’t win
You crush a willing soldier
I’m wounded
Black days and nights
Consume me

i really like these two verses another good job! Dark, Angry yet eloquent good stuff!

Check my Disease post about the DSL CD!

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 04:06 AM
Thanks, hide... I've been a little ticked off at my boss of late :D...hehehe, better to express it this way than saying some things that could get me in trouble or fired, hehehe...

Check my Disease post about the DSL CD!

Done!

hide
01-05-2004, 04:09 AM
[QUOTE=Dogstar]Thanks, hide... I've been a little ticked off at my boss of late :D...hehehe, better to express it this way than saying some things that could get me in trouble or fired, hehehe...

Cool and yes that is a great idea i'm sure you like having gas and electricity! LOL That poem could equally apply to one of my housemates who to be nice isn't doing his fair share.

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 04:13 AM
Cool and yes that is a great idea i'm sure you like having gas and electricity! LOL That poem could equally apply to one of my housemates who to be nice isn't doing his fair share.

Hahahah, yeah, I'm liking my gas and electricity...too funny...That's so cool that it could apply to your housemate. I'm hoping my writing, though inspired by something specific, can apply to more than what I was thinking about. Does that make any sense, hehe? It's 4:10 a.m. and I'm surprised my brain cells are still functioning...

hide
01-05-2004, 04:23 AM
Hahahah, yeah, I'm liking my gas and electricity...too funny...That's so cool that it could apply to your housemate. I'm hoping my writing, though inspired by something specific, can apply to more than what I was thinking about. Does that make any sense, hehe? It's 4:10 a.m. and I'm surprised my brain cells are still functioning...

4:10 am? wo don't you have to work for that tyant tomorrow? LOL It's always good when someone can apply it to a different situation then what is was intended for. Strange how when you write something it is so clear to you but others can interept it to mean something different.

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 04:27 AM
Yeah, that's what I love about writing! I work nights anyway, hehehe, but I do have tomorrow and Tuesday off. Those are my regular days off...It's already Monday where you are, though, right? It's technically Monday a.m., but it's really not *tomorrow* until I've gone to bed :D. So in my mind, it's still Sunday night.

hide
01-05-2004, 04:43 AM
Yeah, that's what I love about writing! I work nights anyway, hehehe, but I do have tomorrow and Tuesday off. Those are my regular days off...It's already Monday where you are, though, right? It's technically Monday a.m., but it's really not *tomorrow* until I've gone to bed :D. So in my mind, it's still Sunday night.

you work nights how is it sleeping during the day? Its nearly 9:00 P:M Monday night here!

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 04:47 AM
I'm used to it. Never have been much of a morning person...I typically go to bed between 4 and 5 and get up between 11 a.m. and noon...

TeriB19
01-05-2004, 06:07 AM
I knew exactly what the source of this one was!! Great expression, Kerri!!!

Torn Signs
01-05-2004, 08:08 AM
Awesome job, keep it up!

Aimee
01-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Damn Girl, that's awesome! So when does band practice start???

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 11:30 AM
LMAO, Aimee, thanks!

I knew exactly what the source of this one was!!

I figured you see right through that one, Teri :D...Yeah, I still want to eat, so better rant this way, LOL.

Thanks much, Torn signs!

njcreedite
01-05-2004, 12:02 PM
"Someday when you’re not looking
You’ll get what’s coming
Snake bit and unable to fight
You’ll wish you had done me right"

Can't you just hear James Hetfield (Metallica)
doing his trademark growl and evil laugh? :D
Way Cool Dogstar.

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Hehehehe, thanks, njcreedite!!!

creedsister
01-05-2004, 01:58 PM
You think you know me
I’m shackled
Oppressive mentor
Can’t hide
You cast your bloodstained web
I’m trapped
Self-serving master
Depletes me

Are you happy now
I’m gone
Relentless chase
Can’t win
You crush a willing soldier
I’m wounded
Black days and nights
Consume me

i really like these two verses another good job! Dark, Angry yet eloquent good stuff!

Check my Disease post about the DSL CD! those are the verses i liked too hide}}great job Dogstar :D

SCOTTSMYMAN
01-05-2004, 05:41 PM
"Someday when you’re not looking
You’ll get what’s coming
Snake bit and unable to fight
You’ll wish you had done me right"

Can't you just hear James Hetfield (Metallica)
doing his trademark growl and evil laugh? :D
Way Cool Dogstar.

Actaully I'm getting another Maynard vibe of this one Kerri!( I maybe a little prejudice right now about him!:laugh: ) It was great! Alot of aggression pouring through your verses.

Dogstar
01-07-2004, 02:41 AM
LOL, well you can't go wrong with Maynard and Metallica! :D. Thanks, you guys!

hide
01-07-2004, 07:02 PM
LOL, well you can't go wrong with Maynard and Metallica! :D. Thanks, you guys!

dreaming here but how good would it be for Maynard to front Metallica? no disrespect to James Hetfield!

Dogstar
01-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Funny you should mention that, hehehe. On one of the bootlegs of the current tour, APC does a little of Master of Puppets after the encore :D...He had a pretty good growl, but for Metallica, I still would prefer James :D.

njcreedite
01-07-2004, 10:19 PM
dreaming here but how good would it be for Maynard to front Metallica? no disrespect to James Hetfield!
NO NO NO :eek: ....James must ALWAYS front Metallica. :wub:

hide
01-07-2004, 11:32 PM
NO NO NO :eek: ....James must ALWAYS front Metallica. :wub:

yeah James does suit Metallica to a key but if Metallica ever does what The Doors did, I wouldn't mind seeing Maynard as one of the guys out front. Maynard doing Master of Puppets I must get this.

Dogstar
01-07-2004, 11:34 PM
hide...you can download it from the following web site:
aperfectcircle.net. Click on tour journal and hit the link for the San Antonio show on 10/31/03. (I think it's that one, anyway, hehe) and it's the last track. I think it's labled freestyle jam or something. That place is a gold mine of for live shows.