Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Update from Michael on Marks band [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Update from Michael on Marks band

Alter Shredder
01-02-2004, 12:46 AM
This is a message he left on the marktremonti.net boards. I just thought all of you would like to stay caught up.

Yes, the band is still very much alive. Mark, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall with a singer to be named is the lineup. The three of them have gotten together quite a few times to jam out the songs Mark has written. Mark is about 95% settled on a singer whom I do not feel comfortable naming yet. This person will be flying here in a day or two to jam with the boys. The voice is definately there, so if his personallity meshes with the guys, I would say he's in. This guy just has amazing range and tone and vocal controll. He can go from a low barritone to a high range that is through the roof. The band name has yet to be decided as well, but I'm sure it will be in the next few weeks. It is a pain in the ass to come up with a cool name that is not taken. There are all different types of songs which have been written so far with varying styles and tempos. The main thing I want to say is that the melody's are incredible in the songs, which in my opinion, is the most important thing. This is a very exciting time, so have patience and soon you all will be able to judge it for yourself.

Michael

Dogstar
01-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Thanks, Iced! I'm dying to know who the singer is :D.

Jez
01-02-2004, 12:50 AM
Thanks very much :) Next time would you mind posting a link to the article/quote/whatever so that we can all see it for ourselves and read it in context? It would be nice to know just WHAT he is talking about.
Thanks ;)

Alter Shredder
01-02-2004, 12:54 AM
sorry, i forgot to put the link in. Go here (http://www.marktremonti.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3ff506ffe364ffff;act=ST;f=1;t=2151) to get the whole deal.

And I am wondering about the singer as well. Is it someone we have heard of or are they new?

PaulMcCoygirl
01-02-2004, 01:00 AM
Thanks Iced!

Jez
01-02-2004, 01:57 AM
Thanks much for the link :)
I'm pretty sure that I know who this guy is, but we'll just wait and see.

Dogstar
01-02-2004, 02:09 AM
Thanks much for the link :)
I'm pretty sure that I know who this guy is, but we'll just wait and see.

Could you please refrain from posting something like this unless you're willing to share? If you really do know, then don't tease people. If you don't know, then I'd appreciate it if you could keep this kind of stuff to yourself. Thanks.

Jez
01-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Could you please refrain from posting something like this unless you're willing to share? If you really do know, then don't tease people. If you don't know, then I'd appreciate it if you could keep this kind of stuff to yourself. Thanks.

My apologies, Dogstar. You have a pm :)

Sheila63
01-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks, Iced! I'm dying to know who the singer is :D.

So am I, Dogstar. Thanks for the info, Iced. :D

JulieCitySlicker
01-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the update Iced :D
Wow! Now I'm extremely courious :) I can't wait to find out who this new guy is! From the sound of it Creed will still be rocking but with a new name :cool:

Dogstar
01-02-2004, 12:07 PM
My apologies, Dogstar. You have a pm :)
:) It's all good, Jez.

musicmind226
01-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Very, very very friggin awsome. I am so excited :D :bigjump:

JulieCitySlicker
01-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Very, very very friggin awsome. I am so excited :D :bigjump:

Me To :dancing:

musicmind226
01-02-2004, 05:33 PM
So, for what I read, the music is melodic, temp changes. So few questions

1. Is it hard?
2. is it both hard and soft? relation to #1
3. Are there solos?
4. Is there throbbing bass that marshall is known for?

Higher_Desire
01-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Hmmm... Sounds good. Of course I'll be buying the album when it comes out, but it won't be quite the same.

Hey, wouldn't it be funny if they named Stapp as the singer. :D That'd kick arse. Well, I hope Creed can patch up whatever holes haved formed, and do another project.

H-D :darkdance

facelessman
01-02-2004, 09:23 PM
He can go from a low barritone to a high range that is through the roof. whats what i like to hear
It is a pain in the ass to come up with a cool name that is not taken. There are all different types of songs which have been written so far with varying styles and tempos.
ill agree with that

Agent D
01-02-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm excited. I'm betting this new band will really rock, of course. I am still sad that Creed is being sidelined though. I'm also wondering how far along Scott's solo stuff is and what he's up to.

JenRN
01-02-2004, 10:05 PM
So who are the suspiscions for the lead singer? I don't see why people can't say on here, nothing is written in stone.

TeriB19
01-02-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm thinking Cyndi Lauper. :nutty:

Jez
01-02-2004, 10:40 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA! Ya know, that just might work!

facelessman
01-03-2004, 12:15 AM
:confused:

Wylde-Tremonti
01-03-2004, 01:06 AM
:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :bow2: :tremonti: :flip:
CANT WAIT!

Dogstar
01-03-2004, 01:07 AM
LMAO!

hide
01-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Cool thanks for updating us there Michael and for Iced for passing it on! This singer sounds awesome, great that he has so much range but I wonder what type of singer he is eg: generally another baritone, Cornell type "wailer" etc?

By the sounds of it, it seems that this singer is someone who is not from a band that is already established or had been established but that is of course pure speculation so I don't think this is going to be another "supergroup". I can't wait to see what lyrics Mark has come up with!

Jez could you please pm your suspicion please????

JenRN
01-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Yeah JEZ what is your guess? I am sure you don't want to get tons of PM's right?

WeatheredWoman
01-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Is it.... is it that Vedder guy??? :eek: :bigeyes: :eek:

Jez????????????

WeatheredWoman
01-03-2004, 10:06 AM
Hmmm... Creed Jam :jam:

creedsister
01-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Is it.... is it that Vedder guy??? :eek: :bigeyes: :eek:

Jez???????????? if it turns out to be him im going like fricking die~~the lauper girl would kick his ass

creedlvr
01-03-2004, 01:07 PM
From the sound of it Creed will still be rocking but with a new name :cool:
Just a new name???? :confused: What about their lead singer? I'm sorry but ... it is NOT Creed! :mad:

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-03-2004, 01:34 PM
I Know Who The Lead Singer Is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Me!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Jez
01-03-2004, 02:32 PM
I don't have a clue who it could be anymore...the guy that I heard was high on the list is apparently suffereing from accute tinutis (an inner ear problem) and is practically tone-deaf now. So who knows? Actually, I don't care much...no-one will ever be able to take Scott's place, IMO

mamm1234
01-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Mark is a total class act and it hasn't been easy for him either having the rug pulled out from under and having to start all over.

He's gonna be Ok and like everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing his new band.

That is...untill the return of Creed cause

they will be back.

creedlvr
01-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Mark is a total class act and it hasn't been easy for him either having the rug pulled out from under and having to start all over.

He's gonna be Ok and like everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing his new band.

That is...untill the return of Creed cause

they will be back.
How do you know that he has had the rug pulled out from under him and "has" to start over? No one knows how this all came to be.

WeatheredWoman
01-03-2004, 03:13 PM
if it turns out to be him im going like fricking die~~the lauper girl would kick his ass

:lolsign: I'm with ya!!!!

WeatheredWoman
01-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Just a new name???? :confused: What about their lead singer? I'm sorry but ... it is NOT Creed! :mad:

I'm with ya ! :grr: :grr: :grr:

WeatheredWoman
01-03-2004, 03:17 PM
I Know Who The Lead Singer Is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Me!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I'm with... OOOOOOOHHHH... DREAM ON girl !!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Wylde-Tremonti
01-03-2004, 05:27 PM
How do you know that he has had the rug pulled out from under him and "has" to start over? No one knows how this all came to be.
i think all she means is that he's starting in a new band... :rolleyes:

Agent D
01-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Well, he didn't have to start a new band either.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-03-2004, 06:18 PM
well he's gotta have something to do while stapp is doin his solo stuff?... i mean... the dude has to play... it's in his blood...

Agent D
01-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Yeah...he does have to play. It's hard to say anything about this since we don't know what caused the guys to put Creed on hold. :confused:

Wylde-Tremonti
01-03-2004, 06:23 PM
yes that's exactly it

creedlvr
01-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Yes .. that IS it exactly. So how can you say Mark "has to have something to do while Stapp does his solo thing". That implies that Mark and Flip were forced to pursue other avenues because Scott did and left them no choice.

Bottom line ...
We do not know what or whom initiated this *supposed*break up. To assume Stapp is to blame is not fair.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Yes .. that IS it exactly. So how can you say Mark "has to have something to do while Stapp does his solo thing". That implies that Mark and Flip were forced to pursue other avenues because Scott did and left them no choice.

Bottom line ...
We do not know what or whom initiated this *supposed*break up. To assume Stapp is to blame is not fair.
you're right... i apologize for my earlier statement...

creedlvr
01-03-2004, 06:44 PM
you're right... i apologize for my earlier statement...
;)

creedsister
01-03-2004, 08:11 PM
well he's gotta have something to do while stapp is doin his solo stuff?... i mean... the dude has to play... it's in his blood... amen AND AMEN :tremonti:

creedlvr
01-03-2004, 08:13 PM
amen AND AMEN :tremonti:
:rolleyes:

musicmind226
01-03-2004, 08:30 PM
What is up with these stapp nut? Seriously, I'm not a stapp nut, I'm a creed nut. Which quite blutly means that look to whats best for CREED, not stapp. Altough stapp is a core of creed I hope he has much sucsess with his project also.

Am I aside from like 5 other people the only people here very optumistic about this new band? I think it's going to be awsome. Just because I say think does not mean I know, I'm just riding on common judgement, and mine is tremo, brian, flip and this new singer could spawn something awsome. Lighten up people, just because it's not going to have the beloved stapp in it does not mean it's going to be horrible. I can't stress that enough, ever!!!!

Dogstar
01-03-2004, 08:33 PM
You can chill, too, musicmind :D...Maybe some people are still having trouble with the break Creed are taking and in time, they might find enthusiasm for the new projects. Some people need more time than others. I'm looking forward to whatever they do because they're still sticking with music :).

Wylde-Tremonti
01-03-2004, 08:41 PM
i think when material is released everyone is gonna love the new band.... i personally dont know if i'm gonna like stapp's project... unless he gets some good guitars... it might now be my thing..... lol... i'm a guitar nut through and through!!

creedsister
01-03-2004, 08:48 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mamm1234
01-03-2004, 08:57 PM
You're right creedlvr, no one knows for sure, just making assumptions.

Musicmind, I just love your posts, you are so into the music and that's cool.

Higher_Desire
01-03-2004, 09:06 PM
What is up with these stapp nut? Seriously, I'm not a stapp nut, I'm a creed nut. Which quite blutly means that look to whats best for CREED, not stapp. Altough stapp is a core of creed I hope he has much sucsess with his project also.

Am I aside from like 5 other people the only people here very optumistic about this new band? I think it's going to be awsome. Just because I say think does not mean I know, I'm just riding on common judgement, and mine is tremo, brian, flip and this new singer could spawn something awsome. Lighten up people, just because it's not going to have the beloved stapp in it does not mean it's going to be horrible. I can't stress that enough, ever!!!!

I'm definetly optimistic on the new band like you are. I'm excited to see what they're like, but to me, Creed hasn't quite been the same since Brian Marshall ceased to be a member. Hey, how's this for a band-name... "A Stappless Creed."

H-D :hypno:

creedlvr
01-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Okay ... I *think* I can understand what you just wrote. :confused:

What is up with these stapp nut?
You say that like we're freaks or something! Yes .. I am a Stapp supporter. Is there something wrong with that? No one seems to mind when Mark is being praised but when it comes to Scott, there always seems to be someone who has a problem with it or is ready to knock him. I think the guy has taken quite a beating from a lot of people ... some of it is just purely speculation and is not justified. That's why I defend him.
Seriously, I'm not a stapp nut, Really?? I would have never guessed. I'm a creed nut. Which quite blutly means that look to whats best for CREED, not stapp. Altough stapp is a core of creed I hope he has much sucsess with his project also.I am thinking of what's best for Creed ... and the way I see it ... that means to stay together. They each give a little bit that makes them awsome all together. Yes ... I am one of those that need more time to adjust to this and quite frankly, I doubt I ever will. The only thing that will make me feel better is to see them back together.

Am I aside from like 5 other people the only people here very optumistic about this new band? I think it's going to be awsome. Just because I say think does not mean I know, I'm just riding on common judgement, and mine is tremo, brian, flip and this new singer could spawn something awsome.Not everyone has to be excited about this. It just seems like it's less likely for Creed to reunite if they are successful on their own. As Dogstar pointed out, it is possible that this will not be the case and I truly hope that she's right. That's what I will continue to hope for.Lighten up people, just because it's not going to have the beloved stapp in it does not mean it's going to be horrible. I can't stress that enough, ever!!!! The "beloved" Stapp ... that is another example of your sarcasm towards him.

I wonder how the Tremonti supporters would feel if the new band was Stapp, Flip and Brian. While all the while, there is some word of Tremonti going solo but really not too much info about it has been disclosed. Now add to that the fact that everyone seems to be coming down pretty hard on him.

I'm just saying that, like you, we "Stapp nuts" as you've called us, have a right not to be excited about a band that is basically Creed minus one main person. I don't think we should be called nuts because of it.

creedlvr
01-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Hey, how's this for a band-name... "A Stappless Creed."
This is what I'm talking about!

JenRN
01-03-2004, 10:41 PM
I am looking forward to ANYTHING put out by the guys formally known as CREED, whether it be a kick ass band by Mark and the guys (anything by them would kick ass) or a solo career from Scott. I do agree with Creedlvr though a lots of people are so eager to jump down Stapp's neck, it gets old really. The guy really has gotten the shit end of the stick from lots of people. I am not saying he has done no wrong by any means, BUT I think people should not be so damn critical of him. From fans to smart ass DJ's, you don't know what it is like for anyone until you "walk in thier shoes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hayley
01-03-2004, 10:45 PM
So true, Jen.

Thanks for that update, it's good to know what the guys are up to. And exciting news! The singer sounds awesome and I'm just dying to hear what he sounds like! This is getting more exciting and less sadning, of course I am still so so sad about Creed, but, there is a good side to bad news! This band is gonna rock!!!!!!!

musicmind226
01-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Okay ... I *think* I can understand what you just wrote. :confused:

You say that like we're freaks or something! Yes .. I am a Stapp supporter. Is there something wrong with that? No one seems to mind when Mark is being praised but when it comes to Scott, there always seems to be someone who has a problem with it or is ready to knock him. I think the guy has taken quite a beating from a lot of people ... some of it is just purely speculation and is not justified. That's why I defend him.
Really?? I would have never guessed. I am thinking of what's best for Creed ... and the way I see it ... that means to stay together. They each give a little bit that makes them awsome all together. Yes ... I am one of those that need more time to adjust to this and quite frankly, I doubt I ever will. The only thing that will make me feel better is to see them back together.

Not everyone has to be excited about this. It just seems like it's less likely for Creed to reunite if they are successful on their own. As Dogstar pointed out, it is possible that this will not be the case and I truly hope that she's right. That's what I will continue to hope for. The "beloved" Stapp ... that is another example of your sarcasm towards him.

I wonder how the Tremonti supporters would feel if the new band was Stapp, Flip and Brian. While all the while, there is some word of Tremonti going solo but really not too much info about it has been disclosed. Now add to that the fact that everyone seems to be coming down pretty hard on him.

I'm just saying that, like you, we "Stapp nuts" as you've called us, have a right not to be excited about a band that is basically Creed minus one main person. I don't think we should be called nuts because of it.

I'm not saying your a freak, I'm just saying that you talk like just because stapp will not be present, this totally means that it's NOT going to be good or nothing good can come from this. I do support stapp, but I support flip and mark somewhat more because just like stapp they have contributed as much if not more on a musical level. And the reason I say that is because I play guitar and bass and know what effort has to go in as well in addition to lyrics and singing.

I'm not syaing "everybody HAS to be excited over this", because they don't. You can feel however the hell you want, but I'm saying people could be a little more optimistic.

I actully doubt brian and stapp would be in the same band together, just refere almost four year ago when brian told a radio station that vedder wishes he could sing or write like stapp. That kind of a comment, after countless time of being accused as a "vedder rip off" I would still remain sour to the person and would rather not associate myself with. And with a total tremonti solo album I would be just as stoked. Are you implying that people are coming hard on stapp because he's going to solo as oppsed to what he's done over the years?

hayley
01-03-2004, 11:10 PM
If anyone thought that, then they would be idiots, he's got the power, and he's got the strength, Stapp can do anything, including a solo album. :)

hide
01-04-2004, 01:29 AM
i'm getting more and more exited about this band, I wasen't too keen on the idea at the first but i'm warming too it. This new singer sounds fantastic and I think Mark's songwriting will only continue to improve. Stapp's album I think will be a lot more different then Creed, more softer i've said it before but if its anything like Eurphoria Morning I would be stoked.

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-04-2004, 02:50 AM
I'm with... OOOOOOOHHHH... DREAM ON girl !!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
No, really, I just talked to Mark today. He said I'm gonna meet him in a week for our first practice!

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-04-2004, 02:54 AM
If anyone thought that, then they would be idiots, he's got the power, and he's got the strength, Stapp can do anything, including a solo album. :)
RIGHT ON BABY!

Sheila63
01-04-2004, 12:35 PM

You're right, Hayley. It's just my :2cents: but I think some people will be surprised by what he can do solo.

hayley
01-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah I bet alot of people will be blown away, he's put it all into Creed, and now he is going to put it all in for himself, I'm really looking forward to it. :D

Joge78
01-04-2004, 08:32 PM
does that mean no more Creed?

musicmind226
01-04-2004, 09:14 PM
does that mean no more Creed?

Hell NO, it does not mean no more creed. It just means that this supposed "longer-break" may be a bit longer than forseen. Anything could happen.

Still, I'm so stoked for this new band, I wonder if they have settled on a name yet?

Downshiter was ok, the rememer that the line-up concept for that was morgan rose (drummer for sevendust) on drums, flip on keyboards, clint lowery (sevendust) rythim guitar and tremo on lead vocals and lead guitar.

And so the name quest continues....

chafin24
01-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Hell NO, it does not mean no more creed. It just means that this supposed "longer-break" may be a bit longer than forseen. Anything could happen.

Still, I'm so stoked for this new band, I wonder if they have settled on a name yet?

Downshiter was ok, the rememer that the line-up concept for that was morgan rose (drummer for sevendust) on drums, flip on keyboards, clint lowery (sevendust) rythim guitar and tremo on lead vocals and lead guitar.

And so the name quest continues....

interesting, and so where is the bass player?

musicmind226
01-04-2004, 09:21 PM
That was the original line up, since then things have changed for sevendust and creed.

But I guess for that hollow concept like creed, they would not have a bass player.

chafin24
01-04-2004, 09:25 PM
That was the original line up, since then things have changed for sevendust and creed.

But I guess for that hollow concept like creed, they would not have a bass player.

where the is thread that dicusses downshifter, and i guess i was left out the loop when that all came about.

musicmind226
01-04-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, could you re phrase that?

chafin24
01-04-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, could you re phrase that?

when did downshifter come to, and is there a thread talking about it somewhere.

hide
01-04-2004, 09:30 PM
I was quite exited when I heard about Downshifter the band with members from both Creed and Sevendust but it would have been better to have Lajon take vocals. Hopefully down the track that project could still be realised, i'm sure Creed will be back in 12 months or so!

musicmind226
01-04-2004, 09:33 PM
It was awile back, like in july/august of 03.

Who knows if creed could be back in 12 months, if marks band picks up real good and stapp's solo project does the same then creed COULD be a memory.

musicmind226
01-04-2004, 09:34 PM
But no body go jumping on my back, we don't have crystal balls that could tell the future.

hide
01-04-2004, 09:36 PM

Who knows if creed could be back in 12 months, if marks band picks up real good and stapp's solo project does the same then creed COULD be a memory.

thats cool we all have our opinons no need for anyone to jump down your throat! Even if both of these side-projects are a big success there is no reason why Creed can't continue as well like what Maynard does with APC and Tool.

chafin24
01-04-2004, 09:36 PM

thats a hard question to answer.

musicmind226
01-04-2004, 09:38 PM
thats cool we all have our opinons no need for anyone to jump down your throat! Even if both of these side-projects are a big success there is no reason why Creed can't continue as well like what Maynard does with APC and Tool.

There is NO reason, and if and when they do, for godsake could they have a bassist. Either brett or brian.

hide
01-04-2004, 09:46 PM
There is NO reason, and if and when they do, for godsake could they have a bassist. Either brett or brian.

Even if this new band and Stapp's solo album are successful both arstically and commercially it is hard to see them selling 50% of what either of Creed's albums have sold in the U.S alone.

hide
01-04-2004, 09:50 PM
oh and yes a bass player would be great Brian appears unlikely but i'm sure Brett would do a fantastic job!

creedlvr
01-04-2004, 10:20 PM
I actully doubt brian and stapp would be in the same band together, just refere almost four year ago when brian told a radio station that vedder wishes he could sing or write like stapp. That kind of a comment, after countless time of being accused as a "vedder rip off" I would still remain sour to the person and would rather not associate myself with. And with a total tremonti solo album I would be just as stoked. Are you implying that people are coming hard on stapp because he's going to solo as oppsed to what he's done over the years?
I'm not sure I'm following you here.

I'm saying people are just hard on Stapp ... I don't really know why. I just don't understand it. It's like they just pick at everything the guy does. It has always been that way and now with all that's going on lately, it seems it's just gotten worse. For a lot of people (not everyone), sides have clearly been taken. With so many people in Mark's corner, I feel Scott could use all the help he can get. It just seems to me he's been left out in the cold and it makes me upset.

I would never think that Scott can't make it on his own. In fact, I hope to God he does. But we are only hearing about what Mark and Flip and even Brian are up to. No one seems to know anything about Scott's project. I'm just saying that whatever happens with their solo careers, I still want Creed.

Regarding your comment about Brian and the "vedder rip off" thing ...
Are you saying Scott should not associate with Brian or vice versa?? I'm just not following. Personally, I think what Brian said should be taken as a compliment by Scott. He was defending him by what he said. I'm not saying he should have said it ... but I'm just saying that I believe he meant it in a positive manner towards Scott to defend him in all the Vedder comparisons.

Whatever ... I just want this whole thing to work out for everyone.

chafin24
01-04-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure I'm following you here.

I'm saying people are just hard on Stapp ... I don't really know why. I just don't understand it. It's like they just pick at everything the guy does. It has always been that way and now with all that's going on lately, it seems it's just gotten worse. For a lot of people (not everyone), sides have clearly been taken. With so many people in Mark's corner, I feel Scott could use all the help he can get. It just seems to me he's been left out in the cold and it makes me upset.

I would never think that Scott can't make it on his own. In fact, I hope to God he does. But we are only hearing about what Mark and Flip and even Brian are up to. No one seems to know anything about Scott's project. I'm just saying that whatever happens with their solo careers, I still want Creed.

Regarding your comment about Brian and the "vedder rip off" thing ...
Are you saying Scott should not associate with Brian or vice versa?? I'm just not following. Personally, I think what Brian said should be taken as a compliment by Scott. He was defending him by what he said. I'm not saying he should have said it ... but I'm just saying that I believe he meant it in a positive manner towards Scott to defend him in all the Vedder comparisons.

Whatever ... I just want this whole thing to work out for everyone.

this turning out to be a good dicussion thread.

hide
01-04-2004, 10:51 PM
your last point was a good one it wasen't that Brian was defending Scott, that wasen't the problem what he said is a compliment for Scott. But saying such a thing was rather stupid, cleary out of anger and frustration he let loose and said something he would later regret. We are not hearing anything about Scott's project so we can only assume that Mark's is much further advanced and we'll get that much sooner.

Alter Shredder
01-04-2004, 11:54 PM
oh and yes a bass player would be great Brian appears unlikely but i'm sure Brett would do a fantastic job!

Are you talking about Brian being unlikely for Marks band? Did you not read the quote from Michael? He says it right there and for the last 2 months that Brian has been playing with the guys

hide
01-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Are you talking about Brian being unlikely for Marks band? Did you not read the quote from Michael? He says it right there and for the last 2 months that Brian has been playing with the guys

no he's talking about for any future Creed album, Brian seems unlikely but Brett could fill the shoes.

Alter Shredder
01-04-2004, 11:59 PM
ok thanks for clearing that up. This thread has become very twisted and confusing

hayley
01-05-2004, 02:27 AM
We are not hearing anything about Scott's project so we can only assume that Mark's is much further advanced and we'll get that much sooner.

Yeah, true. I hope Stapp get's a move along and we hear from him and what he is going to do soon.

hide
01-05-2004, 03:48 AM
Yeah, true. I hope Stapp get's a move along and we hear from him and what he is going to do soon.

for sure i'm hoping his album comes out around the same time as Tremo's but I think its going to be at least 3 months later at the earliest. Still wondering what Stapp Entertainment is all about!

Frankie
01-05-2004, 07:38 AM
We are not hearing anything about Scott's project so we can only assume that Mark's is much further advanced and we'll get that much sooner.

Why would you assume that? We are not hearing anything about Scott's project because quite frankly he does not have family members reporting on his every move. :rolleyes: If it weren't for michael you would know NOTHING about mark's project either, as there has been no media reports about either project.

creedlvr
01-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Why would you assume that? We are not hearing anything about Scott's project because quite frankly he does not have family members reporting on his every move. :rolleyes: If it weren't for michael you would know NOTHING about mark's project either, as there has been no media reports about either project.
Great point! I didn't think of that!

We actually would not even know that Flip was involved because even Windup's email didn't report that.

JenRN
01-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Quite frankly Wind-up, CreedINK and all of the other "management" of CREED to me has been a BIG dissapointment. Creed's music is untouchable in so many ways but it seems for now it has come to an end. I still stand firm in that I think they ALL are great musicians. I think MARK is incredibly talented and you better believe whatever he does with this new band I will be there in the front ROCKING along with them. And Scott, well he is the initial attraction to CREED for me, that voice, that soul, that PASSION!!!!! Sorry that part of him will NEVER be replaced by anyone. I think they all will do great in whatever they do. It is kind of like a bad relationship ( going through it now, bare with me) both parties can be good, but just not "good" together. They were great for so long together but you know what you can't "force" people to mesh or get along, it has to come naturally. And if there are unresolved problems well then there is going to be "issues" Simple as that.

hayley
01-05-2004, 06:27 PM

That's true I guess. I wonder when there WILL be media reports on either project, it's been long enough geesh.

musicmind226
01-05-2004, 06:30 PM
The media despised creed, so in a time of break and them doing solo projects ands stuff why would any of you think the media would give two shits about either stapp or mark?

Plus, you don't publicly announce a address and asking to send demo tapes on a roumour?

Bridge of Clay
01-05-2004, 06:30 PM
geez... I can't leave this board for a few days that it it turns upside down...

I'm not going into this again... just let the guys do what they want and stop speculating and judging and assuming...

creedsister
01-05-2004, 08:47 PM

I'm not going into this again... just let the guys do what they want and stop speculating and judging and assuming... Sounds good to me

hayley
01-05-2004, 09:05 PM
yes sir King Creed Feed :rolleyes:

I'm not going into this again... just let the guys do what they want and stop speculating and judging and assuming...
Yeah. But I guess it's just natural, we aren't going to accepct every little thing straight away now are we? But I agree with some of what you just said, this boad really needs to chill a little and settle like it used to be.

lifelovesoul
01-05-2004, 09:15 PM
I hope Stapp get's a move along and we hear from him and what he is going to do soon.

Me too! I can't wait. I am so excited to hear what he is upto. Can't wait to see him on celebrity poker !!! :stapp: :wub:

hayley
01-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Lucky you! :)

I am excited also