Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
How rediculous is this? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : How rediculous is this?

Creedfan1975
01-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Check this out.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/01/sprj.yir03.music.poll.reut/index.html

TeriB19
01-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Idiots.

Kim V.
01-01-2004, 03:49 PM
I second that, Teri! :(

cjme
01-01-2004, 03:50 PM
How could a band be worst of the year if they haven't done anything all year? It's like saying I'm the worst skater of the year, because I don't skate. Now they're just blowing smoke out their butts...some writers really do need lifes.

Higher_Desire
01-01-2004, 04:11 PM
OK, so I agree with the #1 worst band of the year, but not #2. That's so gay.

H-D :hypno:

JenRN
01-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Blah Blah Blah....... give me a break already! :rolleyes: Boy for them to be in the same category as Limp Dickless, that does not say much for the author. :rolleyes:

Wylde-Tremonti
01-01-2004, 04:38 PM
you guys... this is nothing new.... it was the same thing last yr... limp bizkit was 1st and creed was 2nd... and plz dont call say they're idiots... i Read Guitar World... and i voted in that poll... and those are ppls oppinions... you should be happy there are more Limp Bizkit haters than Creed haters... i think all the Creeders voted for limp bizkit and all the Limp Bizkit fans voted for Creed

Jez
01-01-2004, 04:48 PM
you guys... this is nothing new.... it was the same thing last yr... limp bizkit was 1st and creed was 2nd... and plz dont call say they're idiots... i Read Guitar World... and i voted in that poll... and those are ppls oppinions... you should be happy there are more Limp Bizkit haters than Creed haters... i think all the Creeders voted for limp bizkit and all the Limp Bizkit fans voted for Creed
Yeah? I wonder if Creed were even on the poll to begin with, and if they were.....why? Or is it the kind of vote-in where you just named who you thought was the worst band?
IF they awere on a roster of bands to choose from, they shouldn't have been because, as others have previously stated, Creed didn't even DO any kind of performing or recording or releasing in 2003

JulieCitySlicker
01-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Hers all I have to say on that one ;)

:moon2: :moon2: :moon2: :moon2:

SUCK IT!!!

Creedfan1975
01-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Yep..Welcome to the Internet.=)

JulieCitySlicker
01-01-2004, 04:57 PM
And what :confused:
So Durst thinks he has the greatest band in the world or something :wtf:

Give me a break :rolleyes: Durst is just a punk wanker :cool:

Wylde-Tremonti
01-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Yeah? I wonder if Creed were even on the poll to begin with, and if they were.....why? Or is it the kind of vote-in where you just named who you thought was the worst band?
IF they awere on a roster of bands to choose from, they shouldn't have been because, as others have previously stated, Creed didn't even DO any kind of performing or recording or releasing in 2003
there's no like.. multiple choice thing... you accually write who you think...

Joge78
01-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey that is great for creed they took a whole year off from the public
and they are still in the news Lets give them a big shout out You guys Rock no matter what anyone says there true fans stand by them. and the others are just jelous..... :mad: :mad1:

Alter Shredder
01-01-2004, 06:25 PM
You know if you had a poll for best bands, creed would probably be on the top of that list. I mean hillary clinton was 1 on the most well liked female poll and was 1 on the mosted disliked females. You always have support and haters. They equal each other out. I mean Creed has had the biggest selling rock albums since the music industry went down in the hole so its no big deal.

JulieCitySlicker
01-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Holy Crap :eek: People actually like Hilary Clinton :wtf:

Must be drugs :smokin:

hide
01-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Metallica has worst album yet gets second best metal album? What the hell is going on where is the kudos for Sevendust here? Man when you get no.2 when your not doing anything I guess it shows our boys really are loved or hated. The Strokes don't deserve to be either, sure they are not the best band of all time but they write catchy songs.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-01-2004, 07:47 PM
The Strokes don't deserve to be either, sure they are not the best band of all time but they write catchy songs.
that's your opinion... but remember this is GUITAR WORLD..... majority of them dont give a shit about catchy songs... they're into GUITARS

hide
01-01-2004, 07:55 PM
that's your opinion... but remember this is GUITAR WORLD..... majority of them dont give a shit about catchy songs... they're into GUITARS

okay fair enough then how did Dave Grohl get best guitarist? He is a good guitarist but come on there are much better players out there!

Wylde-Tremonti
01-01-2004, 07:59 PM
okay fair enough then how did Dave Grohl get best guitarist? He is a good guitarist but come on there are much better players out there!
i completely agreee.... see... half of the readers are metal solo kings... the rest are punks that dont know shit about guitars....lol... that's why the read guitar world... to become the Solo kings when they get older...

hide
01-01-2004, 08:13 PM
i completely agreee.... see... half of the readers are metal solo kings... the rest are punks that dont know shit about guitars....lol... that's why the read guitar world... to become the Solo kings when they get older...

okay i agree he's a great drummer but probably at the same standard as Jack White with an axe in hand When does Guitar World give their next guitarist of the year? Tom Morello will probably get it again, hopefully Tremonti the year after.

lifelovesoul
01-01-2004, 09:28 PM
:mad1: That's just an absolute outrage.

creedsister
01-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Hers all I have to say on that one ;)

:moon2: :moon2: :moon2: :moon2:

SUCK IT!!! yep girlfriend that about raps it up man they suck :banghead:

jma91
01-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Since I am mostly a lurker, I thought this would be a good one for my first post. I read this article this morning on Yahoo news and was fuming to my husband. He is not a Creed fan, but even he thought they shouldn't have been on this list.

musicmind226
01-01-2004, 11:35 PM
I think it's rediculous too, even the chicago lawsuite was very much rediculous.

But, go to the guitarworld MB and post anything in the slightest bit related to creed and you will get a barage of replys like hell. 99.9% of the poeple over there HATE creed, and I mean HATE them. Much like any common pearl jam board.

Even the people that side with creed or anything creed related will be subjectted to all types of childish insults.

Hey, at least creed, a band that is QUESTIONALBLY still around is getting some sort of recognition, it's not good. But like they say, bad recognition is better then no recognition. I'm interested to see how marks new band will be like with out stapp, and I bet any of you 100$ that it will get 10 times the respect creed EVER had. Let's be honest and even for some of you stapp nuts. Most if not all the hate creed got was because of stapp. When you have a singer like stapp fronting a band, your almost begging to get shit.

It's just a stupid ass poll, and polls are not exactly something to put much into. In metal edge creed were voted worst band, but tremonti was voted one of the best guitar players and weathered I think was album of the year.

There's my input. Pisses me off a bit.

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Holy Crap :eek: People actually like Hilary Clinton :wtf:

Must be drugs :smokin:
Exactly, I'll probably kill myself if she ever becomes president. I'd rather NOT go through the whole Bill and Monica thing again. :scared: If you know what I mean!

cjme
01-01-2004, 11:50 PM
musicmind.....it's clear you have no thing for Stapp. Could you explain what exactly you don't like about him and how you can form an opinion without knowing the guy? "With a front man like stapp, you're almost begging to get shit". What's that all about?

JulieCitySlicker
01-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Exactly, I'll probably kill myself if she ever becomes president. I'd rather NOT go through the whole Bill and Monica thing again. :scared: If you know what I mean!

Ya no doubt :eek: :D

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Well, Creed has stayed popular since MOP came out. The radiostations still play them pretty heavy, and many people still like them, as we can tell by how many people there are on this board! Most of the bands get popular for a year or two, then next thing you know, they are hated by their own so-called fans. (Sure glad I don't do that) Popularity is the thing. Take a look at bands like, uhh, the spice girls, lol (actually, I've never listened to them. I always wondered who they were when my friends talked about them, sooo) Well, they were popular for like a year, and my friends loved them, and then all the sudden I remember one of them saying they broke the cd up and fed it to her neighbor's dog. So, Creed hasn't done so bad. I know I still love them!

Wylde-Tremonti
01-02-2004, 12:01 AM
musicmind.....it's clear you have no thing for Stapp. Could you explain what exactly you don't like about him and how you can form an opinion without knowing the guy? "With a front man like stapp, you're almost begging to get shit". What's that all about?
hey dont jump on MusicMind... i think Stapp is a Great writer... but i completely agree w/ Musicmind!!!!!!!!!!! I loves stapp's lyrics... but his personality... whether it really true or not.... can sometimes come off as arrogent.... i'm not saying he is... but that's what ppl see... it's not stapp's fault... he's shy and ppl misinterpret it... the same w/ his lyrics.... musicmind is simply making an observation from other people's point of view...

cjme
01-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi TermontiWanaB..what you're saying is that musicmind is just being judgemental?

Wylde-Tremonti
01-02-2004, 12:10 AM
NO... he's makin an observation from other ppl's view WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

cjme
01-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Well, that's not how I took it, and no need to yell, my eye sight is just fine. I think I'd rather wait for an explanation from him and not go by an observastion that someone else made. But thanks anyway......i think

Alter Shredder
01-02-2004, 12:36 AM

I have a friend who is a lobbyist for a well known company. Since he works in washington with all of the senators and even the president. he is able to give me some info on the subject. He says that when Bill was president the whole place was like a frat house with alcohol and trash everywhere. He said it is very professional now under the Bush Administration. And he he has said that Hilary and Bill had some similar interests in after school activities from what he understood. ;)

Jez
01-02-2004, 12:46 AM
hey dont jump on MusicMind... i think Stapp is a Great writer... but i completely agree w/ Musicmind!!!!!!!!!!! I loves stapp's lyrics... but his personality... whether it really true or not.... can sometimes come off as arrogent.... i'm not saying he is... but that's what ppl see... it's not stapp's fault... he's shy and ppl misinterpret it... the same w/ his lyrics.... musicmind is simply making an observation from other people's point of view...

You know, it really irks me when people make blanket statements about a person's personality or demeanor when they don't even know the person in question.....
How do you know he's shy? Have you ever met him? Talked to him? Saying that he comes off as arrogant is indeed just your opinion. What you see as arrogance, I perceive as confidence. There is a big difference...

IMO, I think it is better to pass on opinions and ideas that are your own and not try to speak for others (ie: making an observation from another person's point of view).

Wylde-Tremonti
01-02-2004, 12:50 AM
Omg Did You Even Read My Post!!!!!???????????????????
i'm not saying he is... but that's what ppl see
DID YOU READ THAT??????????? :thud:

Jez
01-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Omg Did You Even Read My Post!!!!!???????????????????

DID YOU READ THAT??????????? :thud:

I most certainly did and THIS is what I read before you tried to dull it down.

but his personality... whether it really true or not.... can sometimes come off as arrogent....

THAT is what you said....is it not? If it is not your opinion, then why did you bother saying it in the first place?
eta: You didn't answer my question about why you would say he is shy when you don't even know him.
edited for typo

Dogstar
01-02-2004, 12:56 AM
I don't put much stock in polls anyway. And Matt's right about GW's readership. Still, it remains the *in* thing for Creed haters to keep spouting their hatred, whatever. I don't understand how a band that took a year off could be included in this poll, but hey, that's just me.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Damnit... i meant that's how some people see him... i didn't mean that's how i see him... but ... i can see WHY some ppl would think that...
1 he leaves his lyrics to interpretation... ppl ARE BOUND TO MISINTERPRET them into something they want it to... if someone doesn't like him even the slightest... they'll interpret to be something bad
2 He's a showman onstage... he's a singer... some ppl think all singers are arrogent...

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-02-2004, 12:57 AM
I have a friend who is a lobbyist for a well known company. Since he works in washington with all of the senators and even the president. he is able to give me some info on the subject. He says that when Bill was president the whole place was like a frat house with alcohol and trash everywhere. He said it is very professional now under the Bush Administration. And he he has said that Hilary and Bill had some similar interests in after school activities from what he understood. ;)

no surprise

Jez
01-02-2004, 12:59 AM
I don't put much stock in polls anyway.

Neither do I. All it boils down to is pretty much just a popularity contest.....hence, naming Grohl as the best guitar player. I think he's cool as hell and his music is pretty good, but does that make him the best guitarist? Nahhhh.... People just like him, that's all.;)

Dogstar
01-02-2004, 01:00 AM
In defense of Matt, he's just talking about what others have said about Stapp. I have heard the same from other Creed haters. Believe me, I take a lot of crap for liking Creed and I try to dispel all the rumors and misconceptions, but you can't deny that many haters loathe the band because of Stapp. Most of them I know have grudgingly said they respect Tremonti, but they can't stand Stapp because they think he's full of himself and arrogant. Those are opinions I have heard from others as well.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-02-2004, 01:03 AM
In defense of Matt, he's just talking about what others have said about Stapp. I have heard the same from other Creed haters. Believe me, I take a lot of crap for liking Creed and I try to dispel all the rumors and misconceptions, but you can't deny that many haters loathe the band because of Stapp. Most of them I know have grudgingly said they respect Tremonti, but they can't stand Stapp because they think he's full of himself and arrogant. Those are opinions I have heard from others as well.
Thank You Dogstar. :)

Jez
01-02-2004, 01:55 AM
What a shame that you have to put up with that Dogstar...

I find it interesting that people say that they respect Mark (or flip for that matter). Why? What is it that Mark does or has done that should earn him respect? Is it his stoic stance when he's onstage that commands it? Is it because people like his writing/playing abilities that earns him respect? Is it because the mistakes he has made over the last 8 years haven't been in the public eye? These men are far from perfect..you just don't hear about the things that Mark and Flip have done because perhaps they are a little bit more careful, and in general it's the frontman that gets the most exposure.
Why should Mark earn more respect than Scott when it's Scott who founded and heads the With Arms Wide Open Foundation and does so many wonderful things for children and their families? Such a shame that the same people that pass judgement on him are most likely the same people who probably don't even know about all the good things that he has done...only know of him what they have read, which unfortunately may be more bad than good because of the way things operate these days. The media is such a double edged sword. It loves you when it wants to...when it's good for IT (bringing in ratings...money) but stray just a tad into the realm of humanity and you become it's prey....it will spit you out in the same breath that it just used to praise you, all for the mighty dollar.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-02-2004, 02:03 AM
Why? What is it that Mark does or has done that should earn him respect? Is it his stoic stance when he's onstage that commands it? Is it because people like his writing/playing abilities that earns him respect? Is it because the mistakes he has made over the last 8 years haven't been in the public eye?
It's quite sipmle really... Mark commands respect... because he played the kinda guitar that he wanted to play... not what was popular... he helped bring the SOLO BACK!!!!!!!! come on... sure he looks cool... but he really is largely responsible for bringing the "classic Rock" sound back...

Dogstar
01-02-2004, 02:04 AM
Heh, you're right about the media.

I will clarify what I meant. Those that hate Stapp grudgingly respect Tremonti as a guitarist. The ones I know like his playing and writing abilities, but they'd rather he have another frontman.

Jez
01-02-2004, 02:05 AM
It's quite sipmle really... Mark commands respect... because he played the kinda guitar that he wanted to play... not what was popular... he helped bring the SOLO BACK!!!!!!!! come on... sure he looks cool... but he really is largely responsible for bringing the "classic Rock" sound back...

You have totally missed the point.

I'm going back to watch The Matrix now.....have a good night.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-02-2004, 02:12 AM
You have totally missed the point.

you know what... i did at 1st... but i decided to go ahead and answer that part of it anyway... listen... no one is disagreeing that stapp has done some good things... i certainly am not... but mark does command respect for his abilities... i would say that stapp does too... he's a great lyricist... it is sad that he does not get that recognition...

shiver
01-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Whats funny is that Metallica was named biggest dissappontment, yet Kirk Hammet was named best guitarist. And the sad thing is that Metallica put out an incredible album, that sounds nothing like what they have done before, which is good because they needed to explore other territory. Now if only Creed would do the same. Hopefully the new 'Stappless' Creed, whatelse should I call them, will freaking rock the world!

facelessman
01-02-2004, 09:08 PM
You know if you had a poll for best bands, creed would probably be on the top of that list. .
ill agree with that

facelessman
01-02-2004, 09:18 PM
I find it interesting that people say that they respect Mark (or flip for that matter). Why? What is it that Mark does or has done that should earn him respect? Is it his stoic stance when he's onstage that commands it? Is it because people like his writing/playing abilities that earns him respect?. yup, thats what does it for me. you think jumping around like youre on drugs makes any differnce? nope, all it makes you is mess up in your playing.
These men are far from perfect..you just don't hear about the things that Mark and Flip have done because perhaps they are a little bit more careful, and in general it's the frontman that gets the most exposure. .
ill agree with that
The media is such a double edged sword. It loves you when it wants to...when it's good for IT (bringing in ratings...money) but stray just a tad into the realm of humanity and you become it's prey....it will spit you out in the same breath that it just used to praise you, all for the mighty dollar.
sounds like a song i know (what if)

facelessman
01-02-2004, 09:20 PM
i think its very stupid that Creed was voted in, but didnt do anything in 2003. what newbs. anyway, ill agree with limp bizkit. theyll always be tops on my list

luvscott4ever
01-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Blah Blah Blah....... give me a break already! :rolleyes: Boy for them to be in the same category as Limp Dickless, that does not say much for the author. :rolleyes:

Hey, that's what I call them (Limp Dickless) :D It's all I know them by anymore!! If or whenever I talk about them, it always comes out as Limp Dickless, I've been calling them that for SOOO long, I can't even call them by what they really go by!! It just always comes out that way!! ;)
Anyways...I read the same kind of article on radio station website that I listen to, and as I read the article I was like, WTF!! I was thinking the same thing, that Creed hadn't done anything in 2003, so how could they have been one of the worst bands of 2003!! That kind of shit, REALLY pisses me off!! :mad:

Oh well...HAPPY NEW YEAR anyways!!
Rock On Creed Fans!! We RULE!!

hide
01-03-2004, 05:19 AM
Whats funny is that Metallica was named biggest dissappontment, yet Kirk Hammet was named best guitarist. And the sad thing is that Metallica put out an incredible album, that sounds nothing like what they have done before, which is good because they needed to explore other territory. Now if only Creed would do the same. Hopefully the new 'Stappless' Creed, whatelse should I call them, will freaking rock the world!

wasen't Dave Grohl named best guitarist? anyhow how could Hammet be best guitarist when in my mind and believe me many, many others "St.Anger" is by far the worst Metallica album and is devoid of solos. I think Metallica have hanged around too long, perhaps for money, maybe they love the lifestyle too much but they haven't produced a good album since the early 90's which is really sad because they used to be so great!

PaulMcCoygirl
01-03-2004, 01:29 PM
I heard about that on a Rock station in San Antonio yesterday. Those people are idiots.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-03-2004, 01:46 PM
are you callin the ppl tha voted for creed idiots... or the ppl that voted.... cuz if it's the 2nd... you guys are callin me an idiot....and taht not nice...:P

creedlvr
01-03-2004, 02:05 PM

I find it interesting that people say that they respect Mark (or flip for that matter). Why? What is it that Mark does or has done that should earn him respect? Is it his stoic stance when he's onstage that commands it? Is it because people like his writing/playing abilities that earns him respect? Is it because the mistakes he has made over the last 8 years haven't been in the public eye? These men are far from perfect..you just don't hear about the things that Mark and Flip have done because perhaps they are a little bit more careful, and in general it's the frontman that gets the most exposure.
Why should Mark earn more respect than Scott when it's Scott who founded and heads the With Arms Wide Open Foundation and does so many wonderful things for children and their families? Such a shame that the same people that pass judgement on him are most likely the same people who probably don't even know about all the good things that he has done...only know of him what they have read, which unfortunately may be more bad than good because of the way things operate these days. The media is such a double edged sword. It loves you when it wants to...when it's good for IT (bringing in ratings...money) but stray just a tad into the realm of humanity and you become it's prey....it will spit you out in the same breath that it just used to praise you, all for the mighty dollar.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JenRN
01-03-2004, 10:47 PM

WOW JEZ this is the best thing I have seen in awhile. You are so right!!!! :crest:

hayley
01-03-2004, 10:58 PM
so how could they have been one of the worst bands of 2003!! That kind of shit, REALLY pisses me off!! :mad:

Oh come on don't worry about it that much, don't let that shit get to you, what would they know, don't let it bother you, I don't let it bother me anymore like it used to, not really worth it.