Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Should Scott do a duet next CD? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Should Scott do a duet next CD?

JenRN
11-16-2002, 09:14 PM
I was wondering wht you all thought of a duet, "love song" on the next Cd. Don't get me wrong Creed's heaviest music is my favorite, but.... Stapp has such a beautiful voice and I think a nice duet with another famous singer would kindda be cool? If you agree than who should do the duet with him? I am not talking a "sissy song" something like.... Do you remember the duet with Ozzy and Lita Ford?( oh boy this dates me in the hair band days!) I liked that song, cool but not to sissy like! I don't know, just a thought! Who do you think would be good to sing with him? I personally like Faith Hill's voice but... mixing him with a country star, I am not to sure about? :confused:

Read JDM
11-16-2002, 09:32 PM
Only if it's with Liz Phair.

JenRN
11-16-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
Only if it's with Liz Phair.

Who?? :confused:

Dogstar
11-16-2002, 09:57 PM
I don't think I would like a love-song duet. That would be too pop for me. I'm hoping their next album rocks a little harder than Weathered. Not that don't like the lighter songs, but I want some more headbanging stuff.

Unforgiven Fan
11-16-2002, 10:52 PM
I hope they go pulse pounding rock that is heavy on the next album and I wish they would take their time to do the album

creedsms
11-16-2002, 11:49 PM
yeah i like some of there softer songs. but i dont think a duet would go well. I love their real heavy songs and i hope their next album has lots of it.

TeriB19
11-16-2002, 11:58 PM
So I'm guessing we should forget any duet with Barbra Steisand?:D

souldancer
11-17-2002, 12:47 AM
Barbara :puke:

Dogstar
11-17-2002, 12:55 AM
LMAO!

DangerousDan85
11-17-2002, 02:57 AM
He was supposed to duet w/ Faith Hill on Don't Stop Dancing, but she was pregnant at the time so he had his sister do it.

I think Scott and Britney Spears would be a good mix together. She has a really strong voice. Maybe too strong for Stapp to handle. She might overshadow him. (end sarcasim)

TeriB19
11-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Thanks for ending the sarcasm. Had you continued on in this line of thinking I would've been forced to do this::slap: and then this: :spank: and finally this: :cuss: I'd rather see Scott do a duo with Engelbert than with Brittny.

JenRN
11-17-2002, 12:06 PM
You know it Teri.. i personally can't stand Brittney Spears, such a little hoe!! "Oh I am virgin" then she grinds her hips like a stripper in a whore house!!! I DEFINATLEY WANT THE NEXT CD TO BE HEAVIER TOO!!!!! Their heavier stuff is my absoulute FAV!!!!!! I was just thinking who he would do one with, you know they will have a least 1 "lighter" song? But hey the heavier the better for me too!!:D

JenRN
11-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
Barbara :puke:

you know it souldancer!!!!:vomit: :vomit:

Read JDM
11-17-2002, 03:19 PM
I totally agree with everyone who says they'd the next album to rock harder. Maybe a duet with Joan Jett? Anyone?

hotforscott
11-17-2002, 06:40 PM
I think all their music is great, there's never been a song I didn't like. I am not all too sure about a duet. The deal with Don't stop Dancing w/faith was just for back up, as Aimee did with him and her voice I thought sounded great, but creed is so original and unique with their own style, they don't need to hook up with anyone else. I think it would cramp their style. And for the chick one who said BRITNEY, blahhh! She is not worthy of singing next to Scott's fine butt. Especially when he's in those brown leather pants..........gets me hot just thinking about it.

DangerousDan85
11-17-2002, 11:22 PM
I was just kidding and i'm not a chick

marlsy
11-19-2002, 12:14 PM
Om my gawd, Britney Spears voice is so NOT strong!! Her voice is so quiet you cant even hear it in concert! ( that is, when shes not lip syncing!) I can't stand her!!
But I would like to see a duet with someone! Someone rock n roll!:jam:

allison
11-19-2002, 01:16 PM
No. I do not think Scott should do a duet with anyone. This is a rock band for one thing. Another thing is I would prefer to hear only Scott's voice (and Brett or Mark doing backup) during Creed songs. I know I'm strange, but I almost feel like the song would be contaminated if anyone else was singing. Aimee on DSD is enough for me.

TeriB19
11-19-2002, 06:50 PM
Britney Spears voice is so NOT strong

Scott would just blow her off the stage with the power of his voice. Besides, they could never do a duet live because I don't imagine Scott's ever had any experience lipsynching his concerts.
They are fine the way they are.

faceless kiwi
11-19-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by allison
No.  I do not think Scott should do a duet with anyone.  This is a rock band for one thing.  Another thing is I would prefer to hear only Scott's voice (and Brett or Mark doing backup) during Creed songs.  I know I'm strange, but I almost feel like the song would be contaminated if anyone else was singing.  

Yep and thats the way i hope it stays.
Your not strange for saying that. Why do they need a duet for, their music rocks, i didnt mind amie singing on dsd, but i dont want them to experiement in that direction anymore, i just wanna hear the guys play, mark should do some more singing maybe. And well brett can sing.

And a duet with scott and brittney, man i just shudder to think.

JenRN
11-19-2002, 08:35 PM
Ok Ok Ok!!! I hope you all don't think I want a duet either, I just heard that it was in the works for the next CD? We all know that there will be some slower songs on the CD, and I heard they were thinking of a duet(rock duet) that is. I really don't know who would be even close enough of a candidate any ways, certainly Not Brittney Spears, like Teri said lip singing is so cheesy and uncool!!!!! And no one could match Scott's voice, at least in my book!:rolleyes:

Xterminator27
11-19-2002, 09:30 PM
CREED DOING A DUET!!?!?! THATS LIKE SLIPKNOT DOING A LOVE SONG!!

DangerousDan85
11-19-2002, 09:57 PM
Apparently you didn't read "end sarcasim" after I did the whole Britney thing, it was suppose to be a joke ,but obviously you didn't read the whole thing.

JenRN
11-20-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Xterminator27
CREED DOING A DUET!!?!?! THATS LIKE SLIPKNOT DOING A LOVE SONG!!

Slipknot SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :roll:

Dogstar
11-20-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
I just heard that it was in the works for the next CD?  We all know that there will be some slower songs on the CD...

I hope there aren't too many slower songs. I want more headbanging stuff.

hotforscott
11-20-2002, 02:55 PM
sorry about calling you a chick, it's just the reference to britney singing with scott had me convinced a 9 year old girl must have wrote it considering that is britney's listening crowd.

JenRN
11-20-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I hope there aren't too many slower songs. I want more headbanging stuff.

Me too!!!!:jam: :jam:

DangerousDan85
11-20-2002, 06:03 PM
its ok, I don't think creed should do a duet either

allison
11-25-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by faceless kiwi
Yep and thats the way i hope it stays.
Your not strange for saying that.  Why do they need a duet for, their music rocks, i didnt mind amie singing on dsd, but i dont want them to experiement in that direction anymore, i just wanna hear the guys play, mark should do some more singing maybe.  And well brett can sing.

And a duet with scott and brittney, man i just shudder to think.

Yep, that's exactly what I meant. I agree completely.

Wind
11-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Pat Benatar or Patti Smythe,you can tell I"m old.

Wylde-Tremonti
11-26-2002, 06:15 PM
i dont really mind stapp doin a duet.....but what i would really like to see is Tremonti do sumthin by himself for a soundtrack or sumthin..........i think that would kick ass!