Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Name the New Band!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Name the New Band!!

janem
12-18-2003, 10:33 AM
I think we should have a little board contest and come up with some bumping names for the new band (you know Mark, Flip, Brian) little "side project". I've always been fond of "KRAM" (now that's Mark spelled backwards)

:D J

The Lithium
12-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Well, I don't think Flip and Brian would like it. What about "Creed 2"? Hahahaha!!

johellion
12-18-2003, 10:51 AM
I think we should have a little board contest and come up with some bumping names for the new band (you know Mark, Flip, Brian) little "side project". I've always been fond of "KRAM" (now that's Mark spelled backwards)

:D J

Thats kind of catchy Jane..... :)

janem
12-18-2003, 10:55 AM
Thats kind of catchy Jane..... :)

Well, let's see, if we put Mark's, Scotty P's and Brian's names together we get........ MSB or TrePhilMar... how's that, Trephilmar

:rolleyes:

The Lithium
12-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Hey guys, what about The Beetles? It's great! I'm so smart!

janem
12-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Hey guys, what about The Beetles? It's great! I'm so smart!

Cute... :p

PaulMcCoygirl
12-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Well, let's see, if we put Mark's, Scotty P's and Brian's names together we get........ MSB or TrePhilMar... how's that, Trephilmar

:rolleyes:

:balloons: I think we found the new name guys! :laugh:

janem
12-18-2003, 02:56 PM
:balloons: I think we found the new name guys! :laugh:

Its got a weird sound to it.. Trephimar... I don't know, call me crazy, but I actually like "Kram" myself!!

PaulMcCoygirl
12-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Yeah I like Kram too, but the band is not just centered around Mark.

chafin24
12-18-2003, 08:11 PM
god i hope not, and the band is team effort, and i think they all should write music. We know mark can write, brian marshall can write music as well, i gather scott phillps wants to learn, and the singer would probly throw in the music suggestions too.

facelessman
12-18-2003, 08:47 PM
its hard to name a band

Wylde-Tremonti
12-18-2003, 09:03 PM
how bout.... Philibuster

DangerousDan85
12-18-2003, 10:46 PM
how about

"Stappless"

Ann Allusion
12-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Trojan Horse
Ides Of March
Dry Thunder
Priory Of Sion
Goliath Stone
Splinter Cell
Vendetta
Judas Goat

in reality, a band can not be named unless one knows what their music/lyrical content is going to be. It's been said that the name Creed was from Marshalls relationship with Mattox Creed, a band he was a member of. As it was the name Creed fit the music/lyrics that everyone brought to the band.

hide
12-18-2003, 10:52 PM
how about

"Stappless"

hey that is brillant and the cover can be a girl taking one side of her bra off! LOL this band can be the naughty side of Creed! LOL

so hard to name bands I guess it depends on what the guys are reading at the moment and such. Hopefully this band plays a couple of covers at least namely Metallica and Led Zepplin for staters!

hide
12-18-2003, 10:56 PM
i don't think this band is going to be accused for want of a better term of been a christian rock band. impossible to come up with names as we don't know what they are reading and what they are writing about or even what the music is going to sound like although we have some idea.

facelessman
12-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Hopefully this band plays a couple of covers at least namely Metallica and Led Zepplin for staters!
that would be awesome

hide
12-18-2003, 11:30 PM
that would be awesome

Mark obviously loves both bands so why not? I guess it depends on what type of singer they get but this would be awesome!

Higher_Desire
12-18-2003, 11:38 PM
I think they should stick with Down Shifter. Because this band will definetly be a "step backwards" for the people involved. Half of Creed, with a former Creed member, and another dude (or dudette? ;)) won't be overly great. At least, not in my opinion. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or also, it's hard to improve on a great thing.

H-D :xmas:

hide
12-18-2003, 11:51 PM
They are not going to try to replicate Creed, I think it will be harder music and its 3/4 not 1/2 of Creed well at least Creed from its earliest days.

Dani
12-19-2003, 06:13 AM
how about

"Stappless"

:laugh: You win :D

janem
12-19-2003, 10:07 AM
:laugh: You win :D

Stappless is brillant... :pant:

The Lithium
12-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Cute... :p

I know. I The Beetles and The Beatles have NOTHING to do with each other!

Jez
12-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Splinter Cell

VERY APPROPRIATE

:(

janem
12-19-2003, 11:46 AM
I know. I The Beetles and The Beatles have NOTHING to do with each other!

Obviously.

Redeemer
12-19-2003, 01:06 PM
Dan, u suck. Just kidding!!!!!! :P
Let's see, what do I think...I'm rather liking Trephilmar, myself, it's creative and makes ya wanna check out "the band with the crazy name".

janem
12-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Dan, u suck. Just kidding!!!!!! :P
Let's see, what do I think...I'm rather liking Trephilmar, myself, it's creative and makes ya wanna check out "the band with the crazy name".

Its sorta quirky. :pant:

Frankie
12-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams

Jez
12-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams
LMAO Frankie..you're evil and I love ya for it!
I totally know where you're coming from ;)

facelessman
12-19-2003, 07:24 PM
meh

Wylde-Tremonti
12-19-2003, 08:54 PM
I think they should stick with Down Shifter. Because this band will definetly be a "step backwards" for the people involved. Half of Creed, with a former Creed member, and another dude (or dudette? ;)) won't be overly great. At least, not in my opinion. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or also, it's hard to improve on a great thing.

i completely disagree.... i think the new project will blow ppl away... it's time for mark to let loose... he has always sorta held back in creed... and this his chance to get raw... and i believe he'll take it... IMO... this may be something more powerful than any of us can expect... ROCK ON MARK!

crest tattoo
12-19-2003, 10:00 PM
I like Kram too, but how about "Harden?" This band will be a lot harder than the last and they have all toughened up a lot too, physically especially! :pant:
What I'd like to hear is "Temporary Pause."

Wylde-Tremonti
12-19-2003, 10:04 PM
how bout.... War-or-Love.....?...

hayley
12-20-2003, 02:13 AM
it's time for mark to let loose... he has always sorta held back in creed... and this his chance to get raw...

I have heard that from a lot of people, and I don't quite get it. You think he was held back when he was in Creed? :confused: Why? If he was, and he felt that, don't you think he would have left before now to either join a new band, or begin another band?

The Lithium
12-20-2003, 04:38 AM
Obviously.

I have a better one! You know, the guys like metal. So why not "Metallika"? That's really good, but I have a better one too! What about "Kreed"?? It's awsome!! Sometimes I'm just too smart!

Wylde-Tremonti
12-20-2003, 10:16 AM
because... Creed was still the best band around... he just didn't get to show off his soloing skills... that doesn't mean he didn't like what he was writing... he just didn't dish out his full potential... that's prolly WHY HE'S DOIN A PROJECT NOW... cuz he wants to bust out!

janem
12-22-2003, 11:23 AM
I have heard that from a lot of people, and I don't quite get it. You think he was held back when he was in Creed? :confused: Why? If he was, and he felt that, don't you think he would have left before now to either join a new band, or begin another band?

I think Mark has always wanted to lead Creed in the direction of a heavier sound, but Scott always would pull the band towards the softer side... Mark's definetely not an acoustic-kinda guitar player, that's for sure.

J :D

Jez
12-22-2003, 11:49 AM
I think Mark has always wanted to lead Creed in the direction of a heavier sound, but Scott always would pull the band towards the softer side... Mark's definetely not an acoustic-kinda guitar player, that's for sure.

That's a major assumption.

janem
12-22-2003, 12:18 PM
That's a major assumption.

Not really... he said he didn't like to play acoustic and he would like to play heavier music.

:)

Wylde-Tremonti
12-22-2003, 12:18 PM
well...i think Mark Likes to play acoustic... but.. i think he always wanted to dab into his Metal roots.... and scott is definately NOT metal...

Frankie
12-22-2003, 12:39 PM
well...i think Mark Likes to play acoustic... but.. i think he always wanted to dab into his Metal roots.... and scott is definately NOT metal...

Did you know that Scott wrote all of Bullets and all of Freedom Fighter...the 2 heaviest songs on Weathered.

janem
12-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Did you know that Scott wrote all of Bullets and all of Freedom Fighter...the 2 heaviest songs on Weathered.

I'm sorry, but Scott Stapp is not that good of a guitar player that he could of written the riffs on Bullets and Freedom Fighter. Both those songs are classic Tremonti guitar.

Frankie
12-22-2003, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry, but Scott Stapp is not that good of a guitar player that he could of written the riffs on Bullets and Freedom Fighter. Both those songs are classic Tremonti guitar.

:rolleyes: Believe what you will...that is your right... :D

Wylde-Tremonti
12-22-2003, 01:02 PM
dude... Stapp can't play guitar worth crap... have you ever heard him play rythem????

Jez
12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Not really... he said he didn't like to play acoustic and he would like to play heavier music.

Ok, then.....let me rephrase....
Pretty much all of us are aware of Mark's "metal roots" and know he likes to play hard; however, I disagree with your statement that he doesn't like to play accoustic, or softer songs, if you will. Since Mark wrote the majority of the MUSIC for Creed, how do you account for such a large proportion of the songs that use a clean guitar? I don't think that Mark would spend the better part of his adult life putting his time, heart, and soul into music that he really didn't care for.
That said....

but Scott always would pull the band towards the softer side...

THIS is a major assumption.

Jez
12-22-2003, 01:13 PM
:rolleyes: Believe what you will...that is your right... :D
I'll second that! :thumbsup:

janem
12-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Ok, then.....let me rephrase....
Pretty much all of us are aware of Mark's "metal roots" and know he likes to play hard; however, I disagree with your statement that he doesn't like to play accoustic, or softer songs, if you will. Since Mark wrote the majority of the MUSIC for Creed, how do you account for such a large proportion of the songs that use a clean guitar? I don't think that Mark would spend the better part of his adult life putting his time, heart, and soul into music that he really didn't care for.
That said....

THIS is a major assumption.

Its not an assumption, its what Mark told me, okay!

Jez
12-22-2003, 01:21 PM
I just looked up the tab for both of these songs. I haven't picked up my guitar in a few years, but it looks to me as though I could learn both of them with no problem. ;) Where is it written that you have to be an excellent guitar player in order to compose?

Jez
12-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Its not an assumption, its what Mark told me, okay!
Read my post again and look at what I quoted to be your assumption ;)

Wylde-Tremonti
12-22-2003, 01:25 PM
I just looked up the tab for both of these songs. I haven't picked up my guitar in a few years, but it looks to me as though I could learn both of them with no problem. ;) Where is it written that you have to be an excellent guitar player in order to compose?
OK.... YEAH TRY PLAYING BULLETS AT FULL SPEED....

janem
12-22-2003, 01:34 PM

If you looked up the tab for both songs, then you saw listed as the writers on these songs as Mark Tremonti first, then Scott Stapp.

I'm not trying to argue with you about the talent of Scott Stapp vs. Mark Tremonti. They are both very talented, but its obvious that Scott prefers the slower, "soft rock" songs, while Mark is the heavy guitar influence. Together they simply make great music!

janem
12-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Read my post again and look at what I quoted to be your assumption ;)

I did... :eek:

JulieCitySlicker
12-22-2003, 01:43 PM
how about

"Stappless"

LMFAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You crack me up Dan!

Frankie
12-22-2003, 01:45 PM
If you looked up the tab for both songs, then you saw listed as the writers on these songs as Mark Tremonti first, then Scott Stapp.

All Creed songs are listed as Tremonti/Stapp...when asked about it...the guys said it just sounded better that way.

facelessman
12-22-2003, 01:50 PM
meh

janem
12-22-2003, 01:50 PM
[/QUOTE]All Creed songs are listed as Tremonti/Stapp...when asked about it...the guys said it just sounded better that way.[/QUOTE]

It does sound better, and gives credit where credit is due.

facelessman
12-22-2003, 01:56 PM
yeah

Jez
12-22-2003, 02:02 PM
OK.... YEAH TRY PLAYING BULLETS AT FULL SPEED....
No need to yell....
You're right, it would take some practice to play that at full speed. However, the picking/chords appear to be pretty basic, and since I started out by learing Metallica, Pantera, and Megadeth riffs, I'm sure I could master it in time....

I'm not trying to argue with you about the talent of Scott Stapp vs. Mark Tremonti. They are both very talented, but its obvious that Scott prefers the slower, "soft rock" songs, while Mark is the heavy guitar influence. Together they simply make great music!

Neither am I arguing talent with you. However, I don't think it's so obvious that Scott prefers the slower, "soft rock" songs. On the contrary, it appears to me that he's thoroughly enjoying himself as he's throwing his whole body into the heavier songs during performances....pre-accident, of course ;)
I agree...together they make amazing music

creedlvr
12-22-2003, 03:16 PM

exactly!!

creedlvr
12-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Scott was once asked what his favorite song to perform was ... and his answer was Bullets.

Frankie
12-23-2003, 03:36 PM
"It was great to meet Scott because I never had the patience to write quality lyrics. I would always get an idea for the melody down on my little four-track, I would put in my little Dr. Rhythm drum track. Then I would put down a melody with stupid words, whereas Scott would always have killer words ready for me" -- Mark Tremonti

"What Scott's real good at is songs like Unforgiven. I could never write a melody over that choppy verse. He is good at doing the choppy stuff like Sister and Unforgiven." -- Mark Tremonti

I knew I wasn't imagining things.^^^..from Mark himself about Scott's ability to write music.

Bridge of Clay
12-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Am I lost here or people are saying that Scott wrote most of Creed's melodies?????

Anyway, the could name the new band Creep or Creek or Creel! lol!

Alter Shredder
12-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Am I lost here or people are saying that Scott wrote most of Creed's melodies?????

Anyway, the could name the new band Creep or Creek or Creel! lol!

My dad calls creed creep just to get on my nerves.

creeder
12-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Blue Collar ;)

Creed_Defaultgirl
12-23-2003, 05:54 PM
how about
"Creed-1+1"

hayley
12-23-2003, 06:29 PM
My dad calls creed creep just to get on my nerves.

Yeah :mad1: My family says alot of stupid things about Creed just to get on my nerves aswell.

Wylde-Tremonti
12-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Blue Collar ;)
that's not a bad idea... but i don't think Stapp'd like it...

PaulMcCoygirl
12-30-2003, 12:21 AM
Yeah :mad1: My family says alot of stupid things about Creed just to get on my nerves aswell.

What is it with families and making fun of Creed? Mine does that too. :confused:

Wylde-Tremonti
12-30-2003, 03:08 PM
What is it with families and making fun of Creed? Mine does that too. :confused:
dude.. EVERYONE Makes fun of creed... i went to Guitar center the other day.. and there was a poster of Mark w/ his PRS... and they had this lil plastic eyeball stuck to where his eye was on the poster... so it mad him look cross eyed.... there are a lot of mean ppl out there...

Jez
12-30-2003, 03:47 PM
"It was great to meet Scott because I never had the patience to write quality lyrics. I would always get an idea for the melody down on my little four-track, I would put in my little Dr. Rhythm drum track. Then I would put down a melody with stupid words, whereas Scott would always have killer words ready for me" -- Mark Tremonti

"What Scott's real good at is songs like Unforgiven. I could never write a melody over that choppy verse. He is good at doing the choppy stuff like Sister and Unforgiven." -- Mark Tremonti

I knew I wasn't imagining things.^^^..from Mark himself about Scott's ability to write music.
Thanks Frankie ;)