Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
help [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : help

JenRN
12-12-2003, 11:54 PM
HELP!!!! I can't seem to stop getting e-mails everytime people respond to a thread I wrote in!!! Since the site was updated it has happened. I already changed it in options to not subscribe to a thread etc... and it still haunts me! :mad:

TeriB19
12-13-2003, 12:01 AM
Jen, I don't know if this is what you did, but I went to User CP, clicked on Options, went to Message Notifications/Default Thread Subscription Mode and selected Do Not Notify or something like that. I have not had any emails since I did that.

JenRN
12-13-2003, 12:04 AM
I did that once and it did not work. I just tried it again, hopefully this time it will work!

TeriB19
12-13-2003, 12:06 AM
Good luck, did you scroll down to save changes?

JenRN
12-13-2003, 12:11 AM
Yes but I just don't want to subscribe to ANY threads, can I do that or not? I put save changes but for some reason I still got the damn e-mails :mad:

JenRN
12-13-2003, 12:12 AM
I just checked my e-mail and I am STILL getting them... SOB!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

TeriB19
12-13-2003, 12:13 AM
I clicked on Do Not Subscribe and I do not subscribe to any threads at all. It worked for me, maybe Steve can give you some insight. Sorry, babe!

JenRN
12-13-2003, 11:25 AM
I have done everything I know how to do, I guess I need an expert.....STEVE!!!

Steve
12-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Follow these steps:

1. Go to your User CP
2. Click on "List Subscriptions" under the Subscribed Threads category on the lefthand side of the page
3. Towards the top of the page is a box that says "Subscribed Threads in Folder:" Below that should be a link "View All Subscribed Threads" Click that link
4. Below that should be a list of all subscribed threads. There should be a checbox in the dark brown background ... "Notification: []" ... click that checkbox so there is a checkmark in it.
5. At the bottom of the list of threads is a dropdown menu "Selected Threads:" ... select from the menu "Delete Subscription" and press GO if it doesn't automatically submit the form.

NEXT

1. Click on "Edit Options" which is on the left-hand side of the page under the category "Settings & Options"
2. In the Messaging & Notifications box find "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
3. Select DO NOT SUBSCRIBE from the dropdown box.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the Save Changes button.

Let me know if that works for you.

JenRN
12-13-2003, 12:05 PM
OK I see everything you are saying BUT.... My control panel on the right of the screen when I get to the subscibed threads page takes up almost the whole left side of the screen to the point where it cuts off the right hand side of the screen where I think the check box is! :mad:

Steve
12-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Can't you scroll to the right with your browser?

JenRN
12-14-2003, 12:00 AM
I can on every other thing but this damn page for some reason. I am a Pollock but not that stupid, but I was beginning to think so :p

Aimee
12-15-2003, 12:35 PM
Jen
I noticed the option of subscribing to threads in the bottom left hand corner of the screen every time I reply to a post. Click DO NOT SUBSCRIBE each time and that should help too.

JenRN
12-16-2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks Amy! :D

WeatheredWoman
12-16-2003, 08:31 PM
I followed Steve's steps... and it worked!!!! Thnx :thumbsup:

Creed_Defaultgirl
12-22-2003, 03:10 AM
Follow these steps:

1. Go to your User CP
2. Click on "List Subscriptions" under the Subscribed Threads category on the lefthand side of the page
3. Towards the top of the page is a box that says "Subscribed Threads in Folder:" Below that should be a link "View All Subscribed Threads" Click that link
4. Below that should be a list of all subscribed threads. There should be a checbox in the dark brown background ... "Notification: []" ... click that checkbox so there is a checkmark in it.
5. At the bottom of the list of threads is a dropdown menu "Selected Threads:" ... select from the menu "Delete Subscription" and press GO if it doesn't automatically submit the form.

NEXT

1. Click on "Edit Options" which is on the left-hand side of the page under the category "Settings & Options"
2. In the Messaging & Notifications box find "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
3. Select DO NOT SUBSCRIBE from the dropdown box.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the Save Changes button.

Let me know if that works for you.

Alright, I just noticed when I was doing all this, there is a box, somewhere, that drops down and one of the little clicky things say "No E-mail Notifacation" so, I guess I'll see if that works. If not, I'll try doing this again! LOL
Ooops, that is what you just told me, isn't it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I probably shouldn't even be in the same room with a computer!

whitebird
12-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Darn Jen, I'm Polish too. Hopefully I'm not haunting you. We Polish people need to make a stand. I Am Smart!!!!!!

JenRN
12-22-2003, 11:03 PM
Darn Jen, I'm Polish too. Hopefully I'm not haunting you. We Polish people need to make a stand. I Am Smart!!!!!!
LOL.... I am double cursed POLISH and BLONDE!!!! The butt of everyones jokes! :mad: