Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Karma? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Karma?

musicmind226
12-12-2003, 08:09 PM
What exactly is karma? :confused: Is it like a recomendation from others or something like that?

Aimee
12-13-2003, 01:48 AM
That's what I wanna know!

GeeK_2004
12-13-2003, 09:51 AM
i`m dont even have a clue!!!!

Steve
12-13-2003, 11:30 AM
Karma (or Reputation as it was called originally) is simply a way for everyone to rate everyone else. You can rate a person's post by clicking on the Karma number next to their post. A window should pop up and you can either give them an "approval" or "disapproval" along with a few comments. You are just rating the way a user conducts himself/herself on the forums. It's put up as something fun and extra.

Example of using the Karma system... you need help with your avatar. SCTM's Hubby makes you an avatar to use and lets you know how to set it up in your User CP. You can then click on the Karma number in the post where he helped you and add an "approval" to his record.

If a Creed basher comes on the board and spams the forums or something, you can give him or her disapproval. However that won't matter much because as soon as I or a moderator would login, the basher would be banned anyways lol :)

Again, it's just a system for fun. Don't abuse it though - don't give out random karma rankings to people for fun or select disapproval ratings for people you don't like. Only use it when it's necessary.

Enjoy!

SCTMM's hubby
12-13-2003, 11:38 AM
Yea!! what he said. j/k
thanks for using me as an example steve

Steve
12-13-2003, 11:41 AM
I was going to use myself... "if I explain how a feature works you can give me approval", but then I thought I should use someone else instead :)

JenRN
12-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Man Steve you have lots of Karma!!!!!!! :D

SCTMM's hubby
12-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Man Steve you have lots of Karma!!!!!!! :D

It's cause I love to help people. :D :D

GeeK_2004
12-26-2003, 12:48 PM
I dont have any karma !!

<~~~~ doesnt get any karma....:(