Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Finding Peace [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Finding Peace

Julbright
12-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Well, contrary to my earlier belief that I would get over the rumors - I was actually listening to MOP today and something came over me. Similar to that of which many of you have talked about - I just was at peace about it. I will listen to Scott sing anywhere and while I still believe in my heart that the Creed combination was magic and unique and special, there is nothing that says they can't have wonderful solo projects as well. And in my heart I believe they will be back together again some day. And maybe they will be even better having had this experience. I just miss them so much I would happy to see them anywhere at this point.

One last thought - anyone have any opinion about why they still can't release the DVD? Isn't the footage all already shot? It would be nice to still get that - since we aren't likely to see any live shows in the near future - is it the commentary or what that would hold up a project like that???

Dogstar
12-11-2003, 09:48 PM
The only mention of anything was that some sort of legal snafu was muddying up the works. I have no idea why it would be delayed or scrapped. I know they filmed us in Fort Wayne, and I imagine there is plenty of footage.

JulieCitySlicker
12-11-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm at peace with their decision to ;)

lifelovesoul
12-11-2003, 10:44 PM
A DVD would be soooo wonderful. I was really looking forward to that DVD. I am just so thankful for what they have given me. Sometimes I feel greedy because I want more from them, I just cant get enough CREED! But I want them to be happy most of all. They are all very special.

facelessman
12-11-2003, 11:43 PM
One last thought - anyone have any opinion about why they still can't release the DVD? Isn't the footage all already shot? It would be nice to still get that - since we aren't likely to see any live shows in the near future - is it the commentary or what that would hold up a project like that???
idk, but they better hurry up with it

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-12-2003, 08:19 AM
{{{{{{{Julbright}}}}}}} Glad to hear you are feeling more at peace with all that's going on!! As far as a DVD goes I hope they do get on it! I would love to have something like that especially if they won't be touring again anytime soon!

mushroomy2k
12-12-2003, 08:32 AM
good morning Julbright and all i wished the dvd was out too that would have made
a great christmas present.
but i am greatful for having seen them in concert 3 times and for the cd's i have.
plus mpg's/mpeg's.
i wish all this was just a publicity stunt to see just how much everybody loves
creed .have a wonderful weekend everyone.

JenRN
12-12-2003, 09:02 AM
I REALLY wish they would of put out a DVD, I had that camera in my face literally 10 times at 2 of the 4 shows I went to. The one show was outside in July and it was a full moon it was cool!

Sheila63
12-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Julbright, I'm so happy to hear you're feeling some peace.{{{{HGUS}}}} I agree that they're very special and I hope we all get to see/hear that special "magic" again. As for the DVD, I'm hoping they release it at some point because I LOVE hearing/seeing them perform live!! Maybe it will be apart of the release next year, just a thought.

Agent D
12-12-2003, 07:00 PM
I don't think it could be a commentary holding back the DVD. They don't usually put those on a music DVD.

hayley
12-12-2003, 08:29 PM
I hope that they do decide to still release that DVD

velocityidp
12-13-2003, 12:13 PM
They'd be morons not to if they weren't bound legally...

Agent D
12-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Lol, Jen! Where'd you find that pic?

Julbright
12-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Lol, Jen! Where'd you find that pic?

I think I recognize that from the WAWO Foundation website! Cute Jen! That is one line for Santa I would NOT mind waiting in!!!

Sheila63
12-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Me either, Julie. :D

badboy9
12-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Hi! I am new to you all, but have been looking at the site for over a year.

One reason the DVD probably hasn't been released is due to the lawsuit. If the suit hasn't been dismissed or settled, and Creed released a killer DVD of various shows or show, it would seem to strengthen the case of the plaintiffs.
Usually someone at every show seems to find a way to shoot bootleg video or record the music. If they compare shows, it certainly would be detrimental to the Creed defense. This assumption is based upon the apology from Jeff Hanson and everything alleged regarding their performance, meaning evidently this show was not up to par.

I saw Creed three times in 2002...the opener in Atlanta (which was phenomenal)....July in Charlotte (I think the second or third show back from Scott's injury)....and August in Cincinnati (also an awesome show). Scott was not the same in the N.C. show as the other two. It was still a great performance, but very different from the other two. Scott's energy level seemed to be very low, though the rest of the band kicked. I chalked it up to being off tour, plus figured he may have rushed back too soon from a serious injury.

I love this band wish them well in all they do, whatever that is. We are blessed to have them in whatever form.

Meantime, if you want to see an awesome show, buy the new Rush in Rio DVD. It will help take your mind off this stuff. Talk about some incredible musicians and lyrics!!

Dogstar
12-13-2003, 08:02 PM
Welcome, badboy, you make some valid points...I was at the Cincy show, too...My first-ever Creed show and it rocked! Hope you have fun here. It's a good group.

Creed_Defaultgirl
12-13-2003, 11:25 PM
I want to sit on santa Stapp's lap! (I wonder how much that would cost!)

hayley
12-13-2003, 11:40 PM
Hi! I am new to you all, but have been looking at the site for over a year.
You have been lurking here for over a year? That's CRAZY!!! :eek: How come you didn't start pasting earlier?

One reason the DVD probably hasn't been released is due to the lawsuit. If the suit hasn't been dismissed or settled, and Creed released a killer DVD of various shows or show, it would seem to strengthen the case of the plaintiffs.
Hmm, interesting.

badboy9
12-14-2003, 10:39 PM
I really can't say why I didn't post until now. I just enjoyed seeing everyone go back and forth on different things. Happened onto the site from a search on Netscape. My first post was in the "Fans by City" under "Kentuckians come hither", sort of a personal Creed history.

I have seen a lot of bands live, majority Classic Rock (Police, Genesis, Rush, ZZ Top, Eric Clapton to name a few), but have never seen a better show than the boys deal to their fans. Like Stevie Ray Vaughan used to do, they put their heart and soul into every note, chord and lyric!!!

Anyway, does the theory about the DVD sound remotely logical? I, too, was hungry for one to come out and was disappointed when it didn't. However, with all that transpired, it would seem dangerous to their defense if it came out until the coast is clear.

You know, Scott really did have a tough year. I don't remember anyone mentioning the deal with Alcatraz when the Dr.'s told him he was endangering his vocal cords and needed to scale back. That was probably some of the pressure he spoke of being under when VH1 had a fit and brought in the Wallflowers, meaning there were people who had no regard for his health, only the money to be made off him. I remember the first time I saw them, which was opening of the Weathered tour in Atlanta 2002. I could not belive the strain he had to be putting on his voice. Being athletic like he is, he probably rushed, or was rushed, back after the accident. When someone is used to being active, the worst thing that can happen is to not be able to be active.

I ramble......

hayley
12-15-2003, 02:22 AM
I really can't say why I didn't post until now. I just enjoyed seeing everyone go back and forth on different things.
So you like the site?

However, with all that transpired, it would seem dangerous to their defense if it came out until the coast is clear.
I tend to disagree again, but oh well let's just hope they do release it.

You know, Scott really did have a tough year.
Yeah no kidding, all the guys did really.

I ramble......
Yeah, j/k.

Sheila63
12-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Welcome, badboy9.:newbie: I think you made some valid points.

musicmind226
12-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Well, contrary to my earlier belief that I would get over the rumors - I was actually listening to MOP today and something came over me. Similar to that of which many of you have talked about - I just was at peace about it. I will listen to Scott sing anywhere and while I still believe in my heart that the Creed combination was magic and unique and special, there is nothing that says they can't have wonderful solo projects as well. And in my heart I believe they will be back together again some day. And maybe they will be even better having had this experience. I just miss them so much I would happy to see them anywhere at this point.

I don't nessisarily call this such a bad time, it could be worse. Look, people grow and as people grow your intrests change. and obviously tremo, stapp and flip wanted to try other things than just creed. In this point, the members are spreading out to see what else they can come up with. I think it's good.

What would you rather have?

Creed burn out and fall to a musical death? or creed taking a break, getting some breathing room and coming back in a few years energized, and back on there feet. The last couple of years has not been of the best.

You have tremos mother dieing.
Stapp in a car accident.
The dreaded chigago incident in which alot of people will never forget and will use it against creed for years to come.

badboy9
12-15-2003, 10:50 PM
I do enjoy the site and appreciate the "welcome as a Newbie"...I knew that one would come out sooner or later. Flying under the radar screen doesn't work with this crew does it? haha

As we say in the South, all y'all have a good evenin'.

TeriB19
12-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Welcome to Creedfeed, Badboy, hope you like it here. Sorry, but we try to welcome all newbies!! :D

creedsister
12-16-2003, 12:11 AM
I do enjoy the site and appreciate the "welcome as a Newbie"...I knew that one would come out sooner or later. Flying under the radar screen doesn't work with this crew does it? haha

As we say in the South, all y'all have a good evenin'. Welcome Badboy9,,hello hello,,Dont take this as an ofence or anything but you dont sound that Bad to me,, ;) ,And as all us from the south y,alls take ye here,,

hayley
12-16-2003, 02:18 AM
Hope you post more often! :p

mushroomy2k
12-16-2003, 08:13 AM
hi badboy9 welcome to creedfeed i havent been here all weekend
so i will say welcome to you today.
y'all have a terrific week.

badboy9
12-16-2003, 04:00 PM
You guys are so nice. Thanks for the welcome.

Creed-folk are good-folk. I feel like I know you all anyway.

No offense taken. Badboy serves a lot of purposes for me...Alter-ego, symbol of toughness...my ex-wife looked at the tatoo on my arm in 1995 and called me a conceited f---ing red neck, because it sort of looks like me. I told her I was going to get a tatoo and she didn't believe me. We stayed married another 18 months, haha. Believe me, you can't piss me off by directing anything my way. Life is too short to take oneself so seriously, so I don't.

Now I am out of Newbieville and thrust onto the pages of this forum. Life is good!!!!

Well, time to go slop the hawgs!!!!

hayley
12-17-2003, 12:36 AM
lol what's your tattoo of?

badboy9
12-17-2003, 09:57 AM
The Bad Boy logo. You may already know this, but Bad Boy is a surf gear like Quicksilver or Bilabong that was popular in the 90's. The logo is a guy with a crew-cut, contorting his face and flexing his bicep. I just always thought it was a cool logo. It is on my left arm, and somewhat looks like me according to what people say (though not the intent for choosing that as a tatoo).

Can you please let me in on the lingo you guys use, like what is "lol"? Sorry to be so dense, but if I am going to communicate, need to know the lingo so I don't get a 'geek' tag. :smokin: :cool: :p

mushroomy2k
12-17-2003, 12:13 PM
hey there badboy lol means laugh out loud
dont worry you dont look like a geek
youll catch on.
ttyl talk to you later. :)

hayley
12-17-2003, 05:01 PM
but Bad Boy is a surf gear like Quicksilver or Bilabong that was popular in the 90's.
Oh, that logo!! Cool dude.

Can you please let me in on the lingo you guys use, like what is "lol"? Sorry to be so dense, but if I am going to communicate, need to know the lingo so I don't get a 'geek' tag. :smokin: :cool: :p

haha. Well what mushroomy2k said, lol = Laugh Out Loud.

lmao = Laughing My Ass Off

rotflmfao = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My F***ing Ass Off

And there are others, but I don't know what they mean. Oh well.

:)