Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Brian Marshall? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Brian Marshall?

musicmind226
12-04-2003, 10:24 PM
So, besides the new singer for the project, Is brian Going to be in this band? I hope so. Perhaps this could be a new begining for creed and turn into a permanent deal. Kinda like an audioslave deal.

facelessman
12-04-2003, 10:42 PM
so youre saying they just get a new singer and become bigger than the original band? its goin to be hard to be bigger than Creed

hide
12-05-2003, 04:59 AM
I don't think they will be half as big as Creed but as long as great music is put out. I hear these Marshall rumours and it would be good if they can all patch up their differences.

CollectiveSoul
12-05-2003, 08:15 AM
i think they could be at least Socialburn famous

Steve
12-05-2003, 09:08 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-CollectiveSoul+12-05-2003 07:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CollectiveSoul @ 12-05-2003 07:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i think they could be at least Socialburn famous [/b][/quote]
heh - seeing the new "Creed" band at The Rave for $15... that would be awsome!! Beats going to Alpine Valley Ampitheater and paying over $50!

facelessman
12-05-2003, 09:10 AM
sounds good to me :banana:

Bridge of Clay
12-05-2003, 12:48 PM
He's in. I mean, Brian is practing with Mark and Flip, but he didn't sign a contract yet.

I'm thinking maybe Stapp could record it and they can get another singer for touring. Do you think that could be possible? It would be cool and good for everybody. ehh... not that good

Jooji_2
12-05-2003, 01:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-musicmind226+12-05-2003 03:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (musicmind226 @ 12-05-2003 03:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So, besides the new singer for the project, Is brian Going to be in this band? I hope so. Perhaps this could be a new begining for creed and turn into a permanent deal. Kinda like an audioslave deal.[/b][/quote]
Creed isn't Creed without Stapp. If they wanna do their own music, fine and good...but if they think they can recreate Creed with a different singer...its simply four guys trying to be the same band they came from. Audioslave doesn't sound like the two bands that make them up. I don't wanna hear some re-hashed Creed sound-alike...I prefer the real thing. If they wanna do their own thing, then do something different, and don't try to cash in on Creed's success by imitating it.

Bridge of Clay
12-05-2003, 04:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Jooji_2+12-05-2003 03:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jooji_2 @ 12-05-2003 03:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Creed isn't Creed without Stapp. If they wanna do their own music, fine and good...but if they think they can recreate Creed with a different singer...its simply four guys trying to be the same band they came from. Audioslave doesn't sound like the two bands that make them up. I don't wanna hear some re-hashed Creed sound-alike...I prefer the real thing. If they wanna do their own thing, then do something different, and don't try to cash in on Creed's success by imitating it. [/b][/quote]
blah blah blah blah

Dear Stapp lil widow,

Audioslave has a completely different concept from RATM. They didn't want the same kind of music.

The new band is gonna rock, with or without Stapp, just face it: Creed wasn't a band of one man, it was a gathering of talented musicians. 3 of them are still the same. Creed's sucess was only due Stapp's voice and lyrics (50% percent of them written by Mark as well). Look at the number of Tremonti wanna bes on Creed boards... look how many bassists still admire Brian. Flip has his own fan site.

Welcome to the real world!

Jez
12-05-2003, 04:40 PM
blah blah blah blah

Dear Stapp lil widow,

Audioslave has a completely different concept from RATM. They didn't want the same kind of music

I do believe she was agreeing with musicmind in her post ;)

benkenobi
12-05-2003, 05:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+12-04-2003 10:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 12-04-2003 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> so youre saying they just get a new singer and become bigger than the original band? its goin to be hard to be bigger than Creed [/b][/quote]
Hell yeah it's going to be hard to beat out anything Creed did. I'm sorry Mark but if you're going to do this new band and don't find a good lead singer then it's not going to sell. So much of the media attention and radio play is based on a band's lead singer these days. I think Scott would do fine on a solo project, but Mark would have to find a singer.

RMadd
12-05-2003, 06:13 PM
I would guess they'll change if Tremo has anything to do w/ it (which he will)... after all, he's more into the metal stuff, so....

facelessman
12-05-2003, 06:46 PM
theyll be fine

musicmind226
12-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Seriously, am I the only person who seems optomistic about this side project? Personally I think it will kick ass. Also, there are to many stapp fanatics, if you think scott stapp is god, fine, but he's not. And obviously, he wanted to do something of his own for awhile. Bands do change, and logically I think it won't e quite as big as creed because there no stapp, and so many people viewd creed like stapp was he only member. Remeber there were two other members, three if you counted brett.

Hell, this has not even become a total reality, meaning this band has not toally formed, so why bash it? Or talk like nothing good at ALL can come from this. If flip, brian, and tremo wanted to cash in on creeds success, then would it not be just as easy to get a singer that sounds just like stapp? I mean, the fact that there holding audiontions indicates other wise. This project will be whats it's going to be, like it or lump it. And I'm sure as hell am not going to be so ignorant as to jump to conclusions when it's not happend yet.

facelessman
12-06-2003, 12:15 AM
i think Tremonti and flip will rock like none other

hide
12-07-2003, 12:51 AM
musicmind don't get me wrong I am looking foreward this project but hopefully they go down a different route and it doesn't sound like Creed with a new singer. I would also like to see a singer more like Cornell not somoene who sounds like Stapp.

facelessman
12-07-2003, 12:58 AM
i dont care who they get, as long as they can rock

hide
12-07-2003, 01:13 AM
I can't wait to hear Mark go fully sick and have a solo that will be remembered such as the gunners Sweet O' Child of Mine.

NeoMatrix2002
12-07-2003, 12:12 PM
I think the creed is not creed without the members, be who goes that skirt will leave a terrible emptiness in the band. Mark gets to reconcile the guitar with the letter and it passes emotion through the music besides contributing with the letter, Stapp with your vocal excellent and your letters and Flip with your energy in the drums. If some leaves Creed it loses your essence. None of them is more important than the other, a band is a band and not only a person. That is my opinion.

facelessman
12-07-2003, 03:03 PM
yeah

velocityidp
12-07-2003, 05:26 PM
All I can say is that I hope both "factions" are able to gain valuable experience apart from each other, and then fuse back together. Creed would then have a really interesting new sound... a mix between G n' R and Audioslave would be sweet. I've always thought of Creed as band that combined all the sounds of the 90s and 80s (and 70s) together.

facelessman
12-07-2003, 11:37 PM
yeah!

Jooji_2
12-08-2003, 05:33 PM
blah blah blah blah

Dear Stapp lil widow,

Audioslave has a completely different concept from RATM. They didn't want the same kind of music.

The new band is gonna rock, with or without Stapp, just face it: Creed wasn't a band of one man, it was a gathering of talented musicians. 3 of them are still the same. Creed's sucess was only due Stapp's voice and lyrics (50% percent of them written by Mark as well). Look at the number of Tremonti wanna bes on Creed boards... look how many bassists still admire Brian. Flip has his own fan site.

Welcome to the real world![/QUOTE]

Why is it that people who want to give EVERY member of the group credit for the success are called Stapp Nuts or Lil Stapp Widows, or Stapp Fanatics or Stapp Stalkers? Hey....I'm not the one with a band members name in my username. You think they sold over 20 million albums on the merits of their drummer, bassist and guitar player? Actually it was a gathering of 4 talented musicians. At least you got the point I was trying to make about Audioslave....they didn't copy their respective previous bands. That was the point I was making about this all consuming "new band" idea....hey make all the rocking music you want....all this talk about how Tremonti was being held back....if that's so...then lets see what the dude can do. But if all he does is recreate Creed...what was it that was holding him back?

How about telling me which songs are Tremonti's.....I'm betting you know every one of them. And I'm guessing you are one of those Tremonti wannabes?

Bridge of Clay
12-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Joomanji,

You're so, but so far from my point and from what I said.

My post was adressed to the member who was bashing Mark, as if it was his fault. Translating: it wasn't addresed to you.

Every Stapp mamma is assuming it's Mark's fault, just because he's the one who slipped it off. IMHO, it's unfair, since people are judging but aren't based on FACTS.

That's it. So long, read with more attention next time.... :)

CreedFan23
12-08-2003, 06:06 PM
I am really surprised by the number of people who are all excited about the members of Creed splitting up and doing their own thing. I'm sure that each of them will remain successful, because they are all talented individuals, but I don't think they will come close to matching what they would have if they were to remain together. Their stage presence was amazing, and it wouldn't have been that way if it were not for the chemistry that they had together.
I know that they are only a band, and none of us can control what they choose to do, but I want Creed :(

Jooji_2
12-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Joomanji,

You're so, but so far from my point and from what I said.

My post was adressed to the member who was bashing Mark, as if it was his fault. Translating: it wasn't addresed to you.

Every Stapp mamma is assuming it's Mark's fault, just because he's the one who slipped it off. IMHO, it's unfair, since people are judging but aren't based on FACTS.

That's it. So long, read with more attention next time.... :)

Hey Mr. Tremonti Dude......you quoted MY post...so wasn't it safe to say you were addressing me???? Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. Don't believe I was assigning any blame to anyone...IMHO I just stated I didn't want to hear Tremonti trying to recreate Creed. If he wants to be free to be himself...then be it. You don't ever believe crap that isn't based on fact do you???? What....I've seen some posts here where you did just that!!!!! The band members are the only people who know why anything happened....unless you have some clairvoyant connection to one of them and your information is fact, you know no more than I do. You still didn't answer my question......I'm interested in knowing which songs were written by Tremonti....I have no idea which ones are his....I'd be interested in finding out. Come on.....fill me in.

hide
12-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Tremonti wrote 50% of the lyrics wo nelly your making me laugh too hard! LOL

Tremonti wrote Torn and I believe the choruses to My Sacrifice and My Own Prison but I would be surprised if he wrote anymore then this apart from his spoken parts.

mamm1234
12-08-2003, 08:35 PM
musicmind...are you rocker

I have thought of you since this all happened and wondered what you though particularly about Brett apparently not being included and Brian taking his place?

SistahSami
12-08-2003, 08:39 PM

I have thought of you since this all happened and wondered what you though particularly about Brett apparently not being included and Brian taking his place?

Excuse me mamm but Brett took Brian's place not the other way around, so I am not sure why you would think he would be included? Brett was also a stand in never meant to be a part of Creed. Brett has always been a man of his own with his own band and his own style, he just was helping the band out when he stepped in. Brian was an orginal member of Creed.

Bridge of Clay
12-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Hey Mr. Tremonti Dude......you quoted MY post...so wasn't it safe to say you were addressing me???? Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. Don't believe I was assigning any blame to anyone...IMHO I just stated I didn't want to hear Tremonti trying to recreate Creed. If he wants to be free to be himself...then be it. You don't ever believe crap that isn't based on fact do you???? What....I've seen some posts here where you did just that!!!!! The band members are the only people who know why anything happened....unless you have some clairvoyant connection to one of them and your information is fact, you know no more than I do. You still didn't answer my question......I'm interested in knowing which songs were written by Tremonti....I have no idea which ones are his....I'd be interested in finding out. Come on.....fill me in.

I quoted your post coz of the Audioslave remark... never intended to quote YOU...

anyway, get to know me, newbie, before you judge me, coz you seem to miss when I'm being sarcastic and when I'm not.

they never explicited the songs Mark wrote: we know he did Torn, most of Hide... collaboration, you know.

TeriB19
12-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Too much drama and bickering here. Starting to feel like the Pit.

Kim V.
12-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Got that right! Why does everyone need the sarcasm (sp.?) We all used to get along just fine here at the Feed......what happened people? :(

facelessman
12-08-2003, 11:15 PM
what happened people? :(
nothing happened. we all love each other

Jooji_2
12-09-2003, 01:17 AM
I quoted your post coz of the Audioslave remark... never intended to quote YOU...

anyway, get to know me, newbie, before you judge me, coz you seem to miss when I'm being sarcastic and when I'm not.

they never explicited the songs Mark wrote: we know he did Torn, most of Hide... collaboration, you know.

I think I get your sarcasm just fine. And the name is Jooji......not lil Stapp widow, stapp mamma or Joomanji. Okay...thanks for filling me in.....Torn, Hide....some of My Sacrifice and some of MOP.

hayley
12-09-2003, 02:19 AM
We all used to get along just fine here at the Feed......what happened people? :(

We still get along, but it's just all of the crap that's going on with the band at the moment, it's pretty intense. (As if you haven't noticed). It's alot to handle. I have tried to steer clear of the posts on The Band, because it get's too heated up for me.

Creed Feed and the people haven't changed.

Jooji_2
12-09-2003, 09:12 AM
We still get along, but it's just all of the crap that's going on with the band at the moment, it's pretty intense. (As if you haven't noticed). It's alot to handle. I have tried to steer clear of the posts on The Band, because it get's too heated up for me.

Creed Feed and the people haven't changed.

I get along fine with people who respect that I have an opinion, even if they don't agree with it......and people who don't talk down to me. That's my problem with this dude.

facelessman
12-09-2003, 12:37 PM
meh

mamm1234
12-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Teri.
You took the words out of my mouth. As I was reading (and being reprimanded by someone from the pit) I thought OMG, not here too.

Sistah Sami...I know EXACTLY who Brian and Brett are.

You may not have noticed that my post was directed at a specific person who I happen to know from another board. He and I have been involved in a number of threads about the subject of Brett way before this happened...months ago in fact.

Musicmind has a terrific knowledge of music and musicians and I respect his opinion. When I saw him here I was honestly asking for his thoughts. We have exchanged thoughts on various issues.

Of course. everyone can respond, this is a public board, but I didn't expect to be treated like an idiot at CREEDFEED.

BTW, didn't I see a number of threads on the Pit over the months about Brett and ppl hoping he would be part of the band and wondering what role he would play in Creed's future. I'm sure you set them straight too.

I agree Teri, we don't need this stuff here for crying out loud. This is a peaceful board.

Bridge of Clay
12-09-2003, 08:31 PM
I get along fine with people who respect that I have an opinion, even if they don't agree with it......and people who don't talk down to me. That's my problem with this dude.

Dear human being!!!!!!! How long will it take until you reckon I wasn't talking to you????????????????????

ahhhhhhh... you keep seeking for a "polite" reply of me... talk to my hand.

musicmind226
12-09-2003, 09:54 PM

Why yes I am, great to be here I tell you. However, ....hmmm.....well.....I actully viewd brett as some what of a member of creed.

DangerousDan85
12-09-2003, 10:42 PM

yeah

johellion
12-10-2003, 04:54 PM
So, besides the new singer for the project, Is brian Going to be in this band? I hope so. Perhaps this could be a new begining for creed and turn into a permanent deal. Kinda like an audioslave deal.

It has been told, by a good source(Mike, Marks brother)....that he is in the band....and I know from my source...he is in the band. Brian also has his own band Head Heavy....He will be doing both projects....Check out the website HeadHeavy.com. It is not complete, but you can read about the band...The music is awesome!!! :D

hayley
12-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Damn I can't listen to the music because I don't have speakers. :( Oh well.

So he will be doing both? That's alot to handle, wonder if he will be able to hold it all

johellion
12-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Damn I can't listen to the music because I don't have speakers. :( Oh well.

So he will be doing both? That's alot to handle, wonder if he will be able to hold it all

Yes...he can do both....he lives in the same town (well very close)....and he has his own recording studio in his home...His band has been working together for a very long time, and almost have there CD ready.(it still maybe a few months)..working on artwork for there cd cover....

hayley
12-10-2003, 08:19 PM
But still, I mean dealing with 2 bands at once is alot to deal with. I'm not saying that he can't, I'm just saying it will be hard, that's all.

hide
12-10-2003, 08:24 PM
I think Brian will have no trouble handling both but I wonder how Mark and Scott Philips reconciled their issues with Brian and how they came to form their new band with him. Back to Brian having two bands that should be no problem I don't think Head Heavy are ever going to become a very big band and plenty of guys are in 2 or more bands.

hayley
12-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Oh true. I don't know, I mean seeing that Creed have gone their seperate ways, there may be alot of tension between them all coming to terms with how they are going to cooperate and how they are going to produce their music.

But I know that Marshall is passionate, I hope he holds it all together, and I'm looking forward mostly for what's to come.

hide
12-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Its not certain that Marshall will reunite with Creed though considering that it seems that Stapp and Marshall rub eachother the wrong way resulting in some fisty cuffs!

PaulMcCoygirl
12-10-2003, 09:13 PM
It would be awesome if Brian Marshall could get get back with Creed again. He did an awesome job as a bassist on MOP and HC! But if they want to try something new without Stapp I'll support it. I'm just glad Brian Marshall came back into the music scene. :)

hayley
12-10-2003, 09:27 PM
I love your avie, Alisha.

Yeah, I'll support them in whatever happens, whatever they decide to do, because I'm sure it will be great.

I'm really not sure how I feel about Marshall joining, in fear about what could happen, I guess. I just don't know, it could be awesome, and it could turn out not so good. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens! :)

johellion
12-10-2003, 10:32 PM

Yeah, I'll support them in whatever happens, whatever they decide to do, because I'm sure it will be great.

I'm really not sure how I feel about Marshall joining, in fear about what could happen, I guess. I just don't know, it could be awesome, and it could turn out not so good. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens! :)

You should not feel that way!! Marshall is an orginal member..the guys always had chemistry.....It is gonna be fine ;)

facelessman
12-10-2003, 11:17 PM
yeah

PaulMcCoygirl
12-11-2003, 08:13 PM

Thanks, I love it too! I could stare at it all day..... ;)

johellion
12-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Its not certain that Marshall will reunite with Creed though considering that it seems that Stapp and Marshall rub eachother the wrong way resulting in some fisty cuffs!

I can tell ya....NO, Brian will not play in any band with Stapp!!

Bridge of Clay
12-12-2003, 05:39 PM
and you are? introduce yourself.

well...why not?

I believe time heals.It can seem impossible today, but who knows the future? Besides, if he's getting along with Mark and Flip, a lil pression on Stapp and Brian could make the peace.

musicmind226
12-12-2003, 07:52 PM
and you are? introduce yourself.

well...why not?

I believe time heals.It can seem impossible today, but who knows the future? Besides, if he's getting along with Mark and Flip, a lil pression on Stapp and Brian could make the peace.

God, one can only hope to think that brian and stapp would get along again or flip and tremo. If that happend, creed would be a complete band again, and not a bassless band. One thing I fault, creed and primarily stapp is not replacing marshall with a good bassist to fill the void that was left on weathered.

I know this is not just me, but when you see a creed video from my sacrifice to DSD, don't hey look just a tad bit odd with out bassist as to the videos of whats this life for to WAWO?

But, then we will have tremo, brian, flip and a new singer and just imagine what thats going to be.

hayley
12-12-2003, 08:24 PM
I believe time heals.It can seem impossible today, but who knows the future?

Very, very true. Anything can happen.

hayley
12-12-2003, 08:25 PM
I know this is not just me, but when you see a creed video from my sacrifice to DSD, don't hey look just a tad bit odd with out bassist as to the videos of whats this life for to WAWO?

No, not at all.

musicmind226
12-13-2003, 01:13 PM
No, not at all.

I'm glad to know somebody is in the same mindset as me. :)

Ann Allusion
12-13-2003, 10:32 PM
But, then we will have tremo, brian, flip and a new singer and just imagine what thats going to be.

It will be what it will be, won't know 'till it happens...but it still sounds like Creed without Stapp to me.

~ann~

hide
12-13-2003, 11:45 PM
True I just hope this band doesn't become a poorer version of Creed, one without Stapp. Hopefully they do something different not make the same music but with a different singer. Anyhow i'm exited to see what they all do and I'll be buying them on release date. Hopefully we get a full Creed album in 2005!

hayley
12-13-2003, 11:48 PM
I hope they don't got totally different, like a totally different approach to rock, I hope they do still have that hint of Creed.

But we'll see, and yeah I will be buying it on the release date too. :D

facelessman
12-14-2003, 01:10 AM
meh

musicmind226
12-14-2003, 02:51 PM
I hope they don't got totally different, like a totally different approach to rock, I hope they do still have that hint of Creed.

But we'll see, and yeah I will be buying it on the release date too. :D

Creed was the very esscense of creed with stapp/tremo or the main core. Now that tremo is going to have such a strong hold with this I don't hink your going to get much of hint O creed. The new songer is also going to determine this.

My prediction is that it's going to be very riff savy, and a little more on the hard side. Who knows, but I'm excited.

hayley
12-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Creed was the very esscense of creed with stapp/tremo or the main core. Now that tremo is going to have such a strong hold with this I don't hink your going to get much of hint O creed. The new songer is also going to determine this.
Yeah that's true I guess. But I think there will be just a little Creed touch there. I hope so, anyway.

My prediction is that it's going to be very riff savy, and a little more on the hard side.
Yeah no kidding Tremo is going to go hard, and it's gonna kick some major ass.

musicmind226
12-14-2003, 05:41 PM
I also prectict that there will be some killer sreddidge. Just him feeding off of brian and vice versa like the MOP AND HC days.

Dogstar
12-14-2003, 05:48 PM

My prediction is that it's going to be very riff savy, and a little more on the hard side. Who knows, but I'm excited.

Yeah, I agree. I'm looking forward to it, too. I just hope it rocks hard!

hide
12-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Since Mark had such a big hand in writing Creed's first 3 albums the music first and foremost there are going to be similarties between Creed and this new band. But I expect that it will be heavier, a lot more shreddage and it also remains to be seen what type of singer they find. If there is a singer that sounds like Stapp even if the music is different comparsions will be made.

Hopefully Brian and Scott also do some writing, and there are some drum and bass solos as well!

Dogstar
12-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Since Mark had such a big hand in writing Creed's first 3 albums the music first and foremost there are going to be similarties between Creed and this new band. But I expect that it will be heavier, a lot more shreddage and it also remains to be seen what type of singer they find. If there is a singer that sounds like Stapp even if the music is different comparsions will be made.

Hopefully Brian and Scott also do some writing, and there are some drum and bass solos as well!
I hope the singer sounds totally different. I would hope they wouldn't be out to re-create Creed, which I don't think they will be. Comparisons will be made anyway, but more so if the singer resembles Stapp. If he's going harder, I would think he'd want more of a Maynard or James H sound. Somebody who can scream with the best of them :D.

hide
12-14-2003, 08:34 PM
i would think they wouldn't be trying to re-create Creed I would be devestated if he sounds like Morrison, Vedder, Stapp or any other deep-throated lead singer. A James Hetfield style singer would be good but someone that can sing not just yell. Listen to St.Anger when he actually tries to sing youch! Someone that sounded like Cornell or someone who at least has the range would be awesome but they don't grow on trees, they are much rarer then the deep throaters.

Someone like Lajon Witherspoon would be perfect!

chafin24
12-14-2003, 08:43 PM
help me with windows media player, i am haveing trouble downloading some music from a site. I made the mistake going thru aol to listen to it, and there i have troubleing with it.

thanks

hide
12-14-2003, 08:52 PM
what can't you work out just left click if you want to open the file or right click and go down to save if you want to save it!

musicmind226
12-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Of course it's going to have some kind of akin to creed. I mean, with 1/3rd of creed brian, flip and mark your still going to have the distinctive tremo PRS sound, and those groovy bass lines of marshall. Don't take this the wrong way, but I always found flip to be an ordnary drummer, but still.

Still, I'm wondering if it's official if marshall is going to be in the band. The sentiment remains as to his musical input to this yet to be named band. Does not your your couriocity rise about this? And don't forget to mention the new singer, and like many have said, I would rather not have a nasaly voiced singer, something completely different.

So, after it's all said and done and the albums out, I wonder if there will be a fan divide where the fans of stapp will be sour to thus, and the fans of tremo, brian and flip will be the defenders? Hmm.....

hide
12-14-2003, 09:20 PM
about flip's drumming he's not john bonham or danny carey or even dave grohl but he does his job well and I think Weathered showed an improvement ie:Signs. SubmerseD have used him and Creed picked him and have stuck with him so he must be okay! I agree with you in that he's not the greatest drummer, he's an average drummer but not ordinary!

I really hope there is no divide among Creed fans even if this hiatus is long-term!

musicmind226
12-14-2003, 09:25 PM
If stapp is realsing a solo album, he's going to have to tour to support it, so it's going to be for at least a few years, who knows. I'm starting to think with this stapp/tremo parting ways thing that it could be on a permanent level.

hide
12-14-2003, 09:30 PM
perhaps not assuming both albums are released some time during the middle of the year the new band will tour for the remainder of the year. Stapp may not do an extensive tour perhaps play smaller venues since the music probably isn't suited to an arena and their may not be enough demand either.

I'm not sure if there are any issues but I wonder if this new band will be a one off album or it will end up more like APC where its not a side-project but a second major focus!

musicmind226
12-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Perhaps. On another aspect, I think this new band will have a bigger impact then people think. There are just as many stapp fans as tremo fans right? And both of them were in one of the top selling bands of the late 90's and early 00's, right? Well, with three out of four thats bound to be at least godsmack big.

Dogstar
12-14-2003, 10:21 PM
If stapp is realsing a solo album, he's going to have to tour to support it, so it's going to be for at least a few years, who knows. I'm starting to think with this stapp/tremo parting ways thing that it could be on a permanent level.
I don't know. maybe not. I mean, it was years between Tool's Aenima and Lateralus. Both Tool and APC are still bands, so who knows?

hayley
12-15-2003, 02:33 AM
So, after it's all said and done and the albums out, I wonder if there will be a fan divide where the fans of stapp will be sour to thus, and the fans of tremo, brian and flip will be the defenders? Hmm.....

Dude don't start that siding stuff again. :( If there is going to be a fan divide, then that will just piss me off. :mad1: I defenitly are going to support both bands, with anything they do. I'm sure their music is going to be awesome, their true talent will stay with them for the rest of their lives and they will make it show and their magic will come out more in these new bands that are going to be forming.

Just thinking of people siding between Stapp, and Tremo/Flip/Marshall just get's me so heated up, I hope there is none on that, especially on this board.
But I don't know, I mean we'll just have to hold tight and wait.

Sheila63
12-15-2003, 07:07 AM
I agree with you Hayley. I don't want to see that either. Personally, I'm interested in what all of them will be doing and working on.

Bridge of Clay
12-15-2003, 04:40 PM
You want it or not, people already took sides... which is pretty stupid, from my point of view.

Creed was magical, it was pure chemestry! Creed was the Big Mac!

Now one band will be the bread and the other the meat... it's almost the same, but not the same... :(

Bridge of Clay
12-15-2003, 04:42 PM
WTF I'm saying?

Creed is not done, yet! It's just a quick break!

musicmind226
12-15-2003, 04:53 PM
WTF I'm saying?

Creed is not done, yet! It's just a quick break!

Yea, a quick break that could, COULD last a couple of years. Lets think realistically.

Lets say this new band (assuming there are as many treno fans as stapp fans) does better far beyond what we thought of. Well, for finatical and musicall reasons this new band could be a permanent thing or not. Who knows, so it's pointless to try and predict the future.

Bridge of Clay
12-15-2003, 06:04 PM
doh... I didn't imply any time frame...

Personally, my opinion is that Mark's band will do better than Stapp's.

Although I don't believe Stapp is setting up a new band, I think his solo project is not on the music scene. But if it is, I guess I should wait for who's handling the instruments.

musicmind226
12-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Well of course, stapp can't handle all the instrumental part to his project. And I'm sure he's going to have a back up band. I'll also be looking a great deal into that to, should be just as interesting as marks. Altough I'm a little confused Will mark start this other band and it be the solo project or will he realse an actual solo CD? DAM wind-up, sometimes they give news out thats to vague.

musicmind226
12-15-2003, 07:33 PM
And how do you get those pictures just below your name? Those are cool, I want one.

Back to topic, I hope tremo screds his guitar to the point where he actully sheds some light on the people who think he's a hack.

Bridge of Clay
12-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Mark's "solo" project is the new band with flip/brian. It'll sound pretty much the same as Creed, since their songs will be stuff that would probably be on Creed's next album if they were together. One of the songs begin extremely metal then it goes all bluesy with guitar solos!!! (says Michael)

You can pick those pics (avatars) on your control panel. Click on User CP.

hayley
12-16-2003, 02:21 AM
You want it or not, people already took sides... which is pretty stupid, from my point of view.

Yeah I can see that people are already taking sides, I am clearly aware of that. But, it will get worse once the albums have been released, when the bands are official.

And I totally agree, I think it is pretty stupid aswell, more than that, damn right pathetic.

musicmind226
12-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Indeed, pethetic. Is not music supposed to bring people together, not divide people?

And tremonti_fed, I'm very intrequed. The solo? is it long? fast? and are there throbbing bass lines as well? The demo? Is anybody singing or just flip. brian and tremo jamming to fill space?

hayley
12-17-2003, 12:27 AM
Indeed, pethetic. Is not music supposed to bring people together, not divide people?

Yeah, it is. :mad1: People who take sides are being really stupid, if they thought that Tremo and Stapp had real talent, they would follow both of them.

Oh well, it stumps me.

hide
12-17-2003, 12:37 AM
i'm a little intrigued by this description of this song, it sounds great! While it will sound like Creed with a different singer somewhat, it sounds like Mark has gone a different direction with his writing, which is great I couldn't stand it if the bashers were saying what is the differene. but i guess stuff the bashers...

johellion
12-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Of course it's going to have some kind of akin to creed. I mean, with 1/3rd of creed brian, flip and mark your still going to have the distinctive tremo PRS sound, and those groovy bass lines of marshall. Don't take this the wrong way, but I always found flip to be an ordnary drummer, but still.

Still, I'm wondering if it's official if marshall is going to be in the band. The sentiment remains as to his musical input to this yet to be named band. Does not your your couriocity rise about this? And don't forget to mention the new singer, and like many have said, I would rather not have a nasaly voiced singer, something completely different.

It is official...Brian is playing with the boys in this band...I talked to him yesterday. He said music is awesome, and the chemistry is still there!!! I didn't ask him the name of the band. He did say he had been real busy with both bands..and have a few more practices before they lay off for the holidays. :D

janem
12-17-2003, 11:41 AM
It is official...Brian is playing with the boys in this band...I talked to him yesterday. He said music is awesome, and the chemistry is still there!!! I didn't ask him the name of the band. He did say he had been real busy with both bands..and have a few more practices before they lay off for the holidays. :D

That makes me smile... hi Johellion.. its been awhile :D

johellion
12-17-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey there Jane!!! Is this your orginial name? Glad to know people remember me as Johellion....I haven't used that name in awhile...I love this board....I did not even know this place was here...The ppl. seem to be real friendly here. In the old crrednet bb. days ppl would really get rude at times.

janem
12-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Yes Johellion, I certainly remember you. I was with the group when we were supporting Brian and "Grand Luxx".. remember that fun time. I'm billycat23, and Toni's friend from VA, maybe you remember. I'm so excited that Brian, Mark and Scott P. are together again... I'd always hope this would happen! Mark's an incredible person and so talented... I remember him saying that he always thought Brian was the best bass player he'd played with. Now, its all come full circle. This is a very nice chat area, the best I've found so far.
:)

chafin24
12-17-2003, 02:40 PM
hey jane

Be sure to check out brian marshall new band headheavy.com they have music samples up and johellion put up a thread about it in the music matters forum hear at this website.

janem
12-17-2003, 02:42 PM
I visited the site already... very nice!! This is just too damn exciting... I've noticed that the domain name "downshifter" (which is rumored to be the name of the band) is under construction and owned by Dan Tremonti... hmmmm - I wonder what that could mean...

hayley
12-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Hey to all the new members of Creed Feed! :hugs: Hope you guys post more often here, and enjoy the board! :)

Yeah Downshifter, we heard about that. I personaly don't like that name, I think they could have come up with something far more better, not Downshifter. We were all talking about the name weeks ago, and came to the conclusion that Downshifter is what you do in a car, you down shift. Hmm...and there was something else but I can't remember.

hayley
12-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Oh yeah I remember now...having things all rushed and then slow it down. That was it.

Interesting...

Bridge of Clay
12-17-2003, 04:52 PM
and then I ask again:

what does it take to get the 4 of them together, in a band, again? Nothing is too big it can't be forgiven! Guys, get over it! You can do it! :)

hayley
12-17-2003, 04:55 PM
But we don't know how big the argument/fight was so it might be something that can't be forgiven

musicmind226
12-17-2003, 05:11 PM

This is the aswsomest news I have heard sine out troops caught saddam heusein. :cool:

So, now brians official have they a clue as to what the new singer may be like?

johellion
12-17-2003, 05:58 PM
This is the aswsomest news I have heard sine out troops caught saddam heusein. :cool:

So, now brians official have they a clue as to what the new singer may be like?

We didn't talk about the singer.....I am sure that will be anounced when they find one. :D

musicmind226
12-17-2003, 06:07 PM
Did you mention stapp to him? or him re-joining? creed on the 4th album whenever that may be?

Man, I am so glad that the chemistry is still there. :cool:

hayley
12-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Don't keep ya hopes up dude too much

hide
12-17-2003, 07:47 PM
man this is awesome news, I don't see Brian rejoining Creed for their next full album as impossible. If the issues with Mark and Scott P have been sorted out then why not with Stapp?

Bridge of Clay
12-17-2003, 08:01 PM
those aren't news... those were thougths

hide
12-17-2003, 08:24 PM
those aren't news... those were thougths

thats true i guess i'm just trying to latch on to something positive its just rumour!

johellion
12-17-2003, 08:41 PM
Did you mention stapp to him? or him re-joining? creed on the 4th album whenever that may be?

Man, I am so glad that the chemistry is still there. :cool:

Stapp is not going to be in this new band....As far as I know...(don't know about the others) ...Brian will not play music with Stapp.....sorry

chafin24
12-17-2003, 08:46 PM
This is as close as you are going to get to the actual creed meaning its going to be brian marshall, mark tremonti and scott phiilps and a singer. :D
I am not trying to be mean this my take on the whole thing.

johellion
12-17-2003, 08:53 PM
Yes Johellion, I certainly remember you. I was with the group when we were supporting Brian and "Grand Luxx".. remember that fun time. I'm billycat23, and Toni's friend from VA, maybe you remember. I'm so excited that Brian, Mark and Scott P. are together again... I'd always hope this would happen! Mark's an incredible person and so talented... I remember him saying that he always thought Brian was the best bass player he'd played with. Now, its all come full circle. This is a very nice chat area, the best I've found so far.
:)

YESSSSSSSS...I remember you!!! We had fun on that yahoo site...I loved the chat sessions....How is Toni?..I haven't heard from her in a while...I had her cell number....but when I moved..I lost my book with all my phone # in it...Is she still in Alabama? She came to see me one day....and she had invited me to do numerous things with her...but at that time I worked night shift...it was just hard for me to go and do much. I am glad to know that some of the same people are still around

Brian always said the same about Mark...they have a good chemistry together musicly...

hide
12-17-2003, 08:58 PM
oh okay so according to you there is a great gulf between Stapp and Marshall that will probably never be healed. that is too bad if Creed does indeed go on Heslta will be the bass player or the current arrangement will continue with Mark handling the bass parts!

chafin24
12-17-2003, 09:06 PM
I heard on a mark tremonti bb that brett hestle and scott stapp had a falling out after the chicago concert the bad one.

hayley
12-17-2003, 10:59 PM
I heard on a mark tremonti bb that brett hestle and scott stapp had a falling out after the chicago concert the bad one.

Yeah, exactly. You heard this news...come on I mean everyone is thinking all of these different thoughts, most of them stories.

We need to stop making assumumptions, honestly, it's getting so hard deciding on what to believe.

Now I'm not saying you are wrong, but this story you "heard" could be all bullshit. You just can't believe everything you hear...

chafin24
12-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Yeah, exactly. You heard this news...come on I mean everyone is thinking all of these different thoughts, most of them stories.

We need to stop making assumumptions, honestly, it's getting so hard deciding on what to believe.

Now I'm not saying you are wrong, but this story you "heard" could be all bullshit. You just can't believe everything you hear...

I am not trying to start anything.

hayley
12-18-2003, 02:43 AM
Yeah I know that, I'm not saying that you are. Sorry.

I'm just stating what I see on this board and other boards. Sorry again.

johellion
12-18-2003, 08:16 AM
oh okay so according to you there is a great gulf between Stapp and Marshall that will probably never be healed. that is too bad if Creed does indeed go on Heslta will be the bass player or the current arrangement will continue with Mark handling the bass parts!

yes...to much water under the bridge....I don't think Brian will play with Scott again....but you know...years down the road....like a lot of other bands have done...It could happen.

Not sure about Heslta as touring bass...I heard the same thing as other people....I need to ask Brian....but it will be awhile cause they are gone for the holidays. Maybe someone can ask Mike....Marks brother..

janem
12-18-2003, 10:10 AM
I haven't spoken to Toni until just recently. You know her sister was killed in a car accident in Florida last year, so she's been out of it, but she's better now. She still lives in Alabama, same place.

PLEASE let me know when you from Brian that the "new" band will be playing. I'll be flying to FL on the next plane...

Jane

musicmind226
12-21-2003, 12:25 AM
yes...to much water under the bridge....I don't think Brian will play with Scott again....but you know...years down the road....like a lot of other bands have done...It could happen.

Not sure about Heslta as touring bass...I heard the same thing as other people....I need to ask Brian....but it will be awhile cause they are gone for the holidays. Maybe someone can ask Mike....Marks brother..

Wait, so you know brian? Have you yet asked him about stapp?

musicmind226
12-21-2003, 12:26 AM
And what the hell is it with stapp and bass players?

johellion
12-21-2003, 07:48 AM
Wait, so you know brian? Have you yet asked him about stapp?

Yes I do......but I answered your question about Stapp earlier in this post...Just scroll up a bit...

janem
12-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Yes I do......but I answered your question about Stapp earlier in this post...Just scroll up a bit...

She most certainly does... relations even!!

Jez
12-22-2003, 11:59 AM
She most certainly does... relations even!!

ahhh...yes, I think I know exactly who you are, Jo. Now I know never to ask you for an unbiased opinion where it concerns Stapp.

creedlvr
12-22-2003, 04:48 PM
does that mean she doesn't like him?