Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Isolated [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Isolated

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-04-2003, 03:04 PM
This one's for you Kerri! I wrote it when I was 16. Tell me if you like it.

Isolated

Isolated the last few days,
A hard stone wall surrounds my heart.
It allows me no pain,
Let's in no happiness.
It is both my defense and my offense
The wall isolates the heart, for the heart fears pain,
Where pain is plentiful now, and so easy to find.
Emotion is gone, yet to build the wall,
took realized emotion- so, some lurks there.
Stone. Afraid. Isolated
Break down the walls and let it out
I was keeping it out,
But unknowingly trapped it within.
I am no longer protected, but I never really was.
Only decieved......
By myself,

@Jan. 14, 1990

Dogstar
12-04-2003, 03:15 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Awesome, Kris...Man, haven't we all felt that! I love the line: It is both my defense and my offense.

Very astute observations for a 16-year-old...You should get your pen out again, girl! I just love reading everybody's stuff.

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-04-2003, 03:19 PM
I wasn't exactly what you would call a normal 16 year old either! Being a teenager was tough for me ( isn't it for everybody!) Just had a really hard time I guess! As far as writing again sometimes I try and it's like DUH! It's easier to write I think when you are in pain! Does that sound stupid? Well, it was always eaiser for me when I was feeling pain to write.

Dogstar
12-04-2003, 03:23 PM
LOL, no, it does not sound stupid. You are right about that. I hardly ever write when I'm happy about anything. It's always when I'm sad, angry, melancholy, whatever. It's such a good way to get rid of stuff. And it's weird, but sometimes you never know when something from your past is going to bite you in the a**. And I have yet to ever come in contact with a normal 16-year-old, LOL...The teen years suck. You couldn't pay me a gazillion bucks to go back there.

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-04-2003, 03:24 PM
Me either! :lol:

MrSeeker
12-04-2003, 03:39 PM
No,i write my best stuff when in pain,It kinda funny, anywayz, very nice poem! :D

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Thank you Kevin. I think that is when most people write, when they are feeling sad , in pain or angry! I read your poem and thought it was really good! Keep writing!

Sheila63
12-04-2003, 06:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+12-04-2003 03:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 12-04-2003 03:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> LOL, no, it does not sound stupid. You are right about that. I hardly ever write when I'm happy about anything. It's always when I'm sad, angry, melancholy, whatever. It's such a good way to get rid of stuff. And it's weird, but sometimes you never know when something from your past is going to bite you in the a**. And I have yet to ever come in contact with a normal 16-year-old, LOL...The teen years suck. You couldn't pay me a gazillion bucks to go back there. [/b][/quote]
Great poem, Kris. :clap: :clap: I can really relate to that poem. I felt the same way at the age.

As for sounding stupid, I agree with Kerri. The times when I've done any creative writing is when I'm feeling all kinds of negative emotions, LOL.

creedsister
12-04-2003, 06:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SCOTTSMYMAN+12-04-2003 03:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SCOTTSMYMAN @ 12-04-2003 03:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I wasn't exactly what you would call a normal 16 year old either! Being a teenager was tough for me ( isn't it for everybody!) Just had a really hard time I guess! As far as writing again sometimes I try and it's like DUH! It's easier to write I think when you are in pain! Does that sound stupid? Well, it was always eaiser for me when I was feeling pain to write. [/b][/quote]
Scottsmyman,,whats your name,,by the way,,I loved it,,i wrote alot to when i was 16,,is was tough as hell,,i can relate to it,,it was cool

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-04-2003, 06:50 PM
My name is Kris! Thanks everybody! I've got a notebook full that I wrote when I was younger. Some of them are like that and others are just mushy love poems!

creedsister
12-04-2003, 06:55 PM
well kris it was pretty good,,i love to hear other peoples miserys