Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Simon & Garfunkle Concert [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Simon & Garfunkle Concert

TeriB19
11-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Alright, anyone under the age of 30 may want to leave before they get too bored, but for the rest of us, you may be interested in this. Don and I went to see Simon & Garfunkle last night in Atlantic City. Great show!!!! Very mellow, but what else would you expect. They had a great band, bongos, baby grand piano, electric guitar, cello and Pino Palladino played bass (he filled in last summer with The Who when John Entwistle suddenly died). They did all their standard fare, Sounds of Silence, America, I Am A Rock, Mrs. Robinson etc. Then they were joined onstage by The Everley Brothers. The Everley's did Wake Up Little Suzie, Dream Dream Dream, Bye Bye Love. Simon & Garfunkle sang with them on Wake Up Little Suzie. It was very cool.

They ended with Feelin' Groovy, which has never been my favorite S & G song. But they DID do The Boxer, which has always been my favorite, so it was, overall, a great show.

Sheila63
11-29-2003, 02:20 PM
That sounds like alot of fun, Teri. I remember them very well. I especially love Sound of Silence, Mrs. Robinson, America and The Boxer. Did they do any solo stuff? I always like Paul Simon's song, You Can Call Me Al and Art Garfunkel's song, All I Need. I know it's a slow, sappy, love song but I'll admit, I like it.

Bridge of Clay
11-29-2003, 02:22 PM
c'mon... I'm below 30. My parents love them! Everytime we go for a ride they play the cd of the first concert on the car. IT's cool, but I kinda feel I was brainwashed! lol!

Dogstar
11-29-2003, 02:59 PM
LOL, Marcos! Teri, I'm glad you had such a great time. They do have some classic ballads.