Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Solo Projects [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Solo Projects

hide
11-20-2003, 07:10 PM
What do you expect from the two solo albums and which album are you looking forward to most and why?

I think Mark will obviously go down more of a metal route making the music that Metallica should be making now. If he really wants to put shredding on the map he'll have to do it of a single off this compilation album but he'll also attempt it via his solo record. We'll get to see what he's really capable of and this record will put Mark in the upper echelons of guitar players where he belongs. Even those that rag on Creed will have to admit that this guy can seriously play which already happens now.

I really can't wait to hear Mark take the mic for longer then brief appearances with Creed, will be cool to see how far his voice has come along. Mark has written some of Creed's lyrics, will be cool to see a full album's worth.

I think Scott's album will be more stripped back more in the style of his favourite artists U2 and The Doors. However he is getting more into the harder stuff so perhaps we'll get a mix of the two different styles. I guess it will be a lot more stripped back then Creed some more acoustic numbers. I'm curious to see how far his guitar work has come along. Will also be interestering to hear what music he does write considering that Mark writes nearly all of Creed's music. He has not shortage to write about so i'm expecting some mind-blowing lyrics.

Hopefully they do tour for their respective projects and at least once or twice Mark will join Scott or vice versa on stage. Most of all I want some sort of Creed tour next year. I am expecting too much sure but it would be great. I wish the best for both of them and can't wait to hear some new music from the both of them and Creed.

facelessman
11-20-2003, 07:57 PM
yeah, i agree but like i said before, its goin to be weird hearing Scott without Mark, and Mark without Scott

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure how hard Scott will want to go given that his voice took a beating on the last tour, but I will check out whatever it is. I'd like to hear him mellow out and maybe do some more acoustic stuff. His voice can be really melodic. I can't imagine hearing the harder stuff without Mark on guitar. It would have to a different style for me to buy into it, I think.

I definitely want to hear Mark go harder on the guitar. I agree, people should know, if they don't already, just how good a player he is. Metal all the way :D.

hide
11-20-2003, 08:36 PM
for sure Scott will obviously have some sort of backing band whereas Mark is more likely to do everything himself. Scott's album will probably and should be more acoustic and more mellower style just like Chris Cornell did with "Euphoria Morning". While Scott's voice did take a beating he has had a lot of time off so it should be back to full strength.

Will be cool to hear Mark take the mic!

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Not sure about Mark on the mic, though. I think he's OK for backup vocals, but I don't know if he has the strength in his voice to pull off lead vox. But if he's been working on it, who knows? It will be interesting to hear. I'm just glad they aren't giving up music altogether. That would totally suck...BTW, Euphoria Morning has become one of my all-time fave CDs. Chris C. ROCKS.

I'd love to know who Scott's working with.

facelessman
11-20-2003, 08:59 PM
of course he voice is goin to be worn out, look at the stuff hes singing. its all high-energy songs, ya know

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 09:09 PM
His voice is worn out because he could use some vocal coaching. All the good ones do it to save their voices. They have to learn how to breathe properly and use their diaphragms to properly project and do less singing from the throat. Scott sings a ton from the throat and that wears on the voice. Layne Staley, Chris Cornell, they've all had coaches along the way. Hell, I learned the basics of that in high school chorus.

Julbright
11-20-2003, 09:46 PM
yeah - I have heard alot about professionals going days without talking to rest vocal chords etc because it wreaks havoc on the chords all that performing. Celine Dion once said in an interview that she goes days without talking - like she writes notes to her husband and such.

I agree with what has been speculated - I think Scott will go more classic rock/pop/alternative while Mark will get more into metal. It should be interesting.

I hope someday they see that the compromises they made on Creed stuff (Mark softer Scott harder) was magic.

hide
11-20-2003, 10:03 PM
These solo albums while they almost certainly won't be as good as any of Creed's albums could result in Creed becoming a more complete band. Scott's guitar work will improve so much, his songwriting, Mark's voice will improve so much and lyrically he'll improve. Hopefully this will mean that Creed's best album is still ahead of them.

Mark's emphasis will be on the music rather then lyrics and vocals. It will be at least as good as Stone Gossard's Bayleaf but i'm hoping for something in the league of Degredtation Trip and the like. Perhaps that is aiming too high but its Mark where talking about here.

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 10:13 PM
i'm hoping for something in the league of Degredtation Trip and the like. Perhaps that is aiming too high but its Mark where talking about here.

Maybe when he stretches his writing and all...Degradation Trip is a masterpiece, IMO...The guitar layering and writing are killer. There are so many layers. I hear something different everytime I listen to it. I think Mark has that potential, but I think he needs more time to grow.

facelessman
11-20-2003, 10:16 PM
yeah i agree

hide
11-20-2003, 10:31 PM
fair enough i guess we'll just have to wait and see, to be honest i think musically Mark's album can be a lot better but lyrically and vocally he'll struggle to get anywhere near that standard. AIC were really a great band. Jerry could front a band without too much trouble and he's back-up vocalist. Such a waste!

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I sooooo miss Layne and Jerry together, not to mention Sean and the two Mikes...:(

Yeah, lyrically, we'll have to see. Jerry wrote a lot of the Alice lyrics and I have to say I'm partial to his more than Layne's...I don't think we've seen what Mark can really do lyrically. I'm eager to find out, though.

hide
11-20-2003, 10:41 PM
the talent in some of those early 90's bands is out of this world, for example you've got Dave Grohl on drums who after such a terrible event fronts a band that becomes better then the band he became famous from.

When Creed do tour again I guess not before 2005 we can have 3 guys capable of fronting a band which will be fantastic.

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Yeah, the early 90s were fertile indeed. I'm really happy for Dave Grohl. The Foos are such a blast live! And PJ and Soundgarden...the list goes on...I really hope there is a Creed tour in 2005.

hide
11-20-2003, 10:49 PM
For sure do you think they'll at least do Letterman and the like after they release the antholgy? I'm really hoping they do, i'll at least be able to watch them on late night tv. A 2005 tour is possible, they both release solo albums by June, Antholgy from November-December and a tour in the early start of the year for most of that year. Then head to the studio for a studio album in 2006. But wo 5 years between studio albums is way too long even if we do get some new songs next year!

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 10:52 PM
It depends on what their situation is. I'm really not optimistic that they'll stay together, but that's just me. I doubt they would do a talk show...too many questions, I think. I don't think they'd do a tour without releasing a studio album first. I think they like when people know all their songs.

hide
11-20-2003, 10:58 PM
that is true but they would have just released an album granted most is old stuff but people would know all the songs, they would have time to learn the unreleased stuff and any new material.

I still think they will stay together, we shouldn't listen to people from bulletin boards who are probably talking out of their buts! LOL

They wouldn't have to do an interview just play to end the show! You would hope by then they would be desperate to play some live gigs, after only limited touring with their solo albums. Mark fronting a band would be weird I hope he shows some charisma. And Scott with guitar in hand that would a little strange as well.

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 11:03 PM
Heheh, Mark is nuts when he plays live...Headbanging and making all kinds of guitar-playing faces. It's awesome. I know I shouldn't get into all the rumors and all, but that e-mail from WindUp did nothing but make me suspicious. Me thinks the label doth protest too much. Plus, the timing, after all the rumors and inquiries...I don't know..if this was in the works for so long, why wasn't it announced sooner? This whole thing smacks of contractual obligations and a bit premature for an anthology. That's what AIC had to do to fulfill it's deal with Sony Columbia

hide
11-20-2003, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure but I think Wind-Up just handles thing fairly badly eg: CreedInk(not sure if this ran at all by Wind-Up), the DVD etc: Perhaps Scott and Mark seeked to do solo albums and Wind-Up wanted another studio album from Creed. Creed seeked to put out unreleased tracks anyhow and a compromise was found in this anthology.

Mulletman
11-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Scott cant do anything but sing, his vocal talent out weighs his musical composition. So no matter what he does, it'll sound like "Creed" or Pearl Jam, or whatever the hell you want to call it...

Aperently Mark is going metal, whooptie-fuckin-do. As long as he doesnt go into the deep, dark, ludicrusly low tune down guitars (korn, metallica, Cold, Evanescence) its ok with me. Keep in mind he made Creed and Creed made him, so something to experimental might have him losing some of his fan base. I would assume Scott and Brett would be with him. Am I the only one here who would like to see Brett sing?

hide
11-20-2003, 11:27 PM
no your certainly not the only one I would really love to have Brett sing not only live but in the studio as well. I'm hoping rather then expecting Brett to be in the studio with Creed and he'll write one track and take lead vocals.

Scott can play a bit of guitar but I assume this album is going to be full of ballads, so very unlike Creed.

hide
11-20-2003, 11:29 PM
as for Scott and Brett been with him I assume that Mark will be playing every instrument on his solo album while Scott will have a backing band, but will of course write all the music. If they both tour their albums I'm not sure who will be touring with who.

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 11:29 PM
I'd like to hear Brett sing to. He did a decent job on backup vocals during the Weathered tour. He has decent stage presence, too.

Mullet, I'm with you. I hope it doesn't sound like Korn or Cold or whatever. He can develop a signature sound and kind of already has with Creed.

hide
11-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Brett has done a fantastic job with Virgos he's certainly a better vocalist then Mark. I think it will sound somewhat like "The Troy Stetina Project". Mark did write quite a bit of music so perhaps a mix of that and Creed's sound. He won't be writing too many ballads, for two reasons I don't think he likes them too much and he doesn't want his voice to be the sole focus.

hide
11-20-2003, 11:41 PM
Oh Dogstar and others i'll just pass on some exiting news so true and others rumour!

Rumour-Three members of Soundgarden are in Vancouver in the studio, possibly working on an anthology or b-sides that has been discussed for quite a while.

Rumour-Van Halen will return in 2004 with Sammy Hager on Lead Vocals-source is MelodicRock.com.

Confirmed-Pete Townsend and Roger Daltry are in the studio with Zak Starkey and others recording another project, not sure if new material will be labelled "Who" material.

facelessman
11-20-2003, 11:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hide+11-20-2003 11:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hide @ 11-20-2003 11:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Brett has done a fantastic job with Virgos he's certainly a better vocalist then Mark. I think it will sound somewhat like "The Troy Stetina Project". Mark did write quite a bit of music so perhaps a mix of that and Creed's sound. He won't be writing too many ballads, for two reasons I don't think he likes them too much and he doesn't want his voice to be the sole focus. [/b][/quote]
yeah

Mulletman
11-21-2003, 12:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-20-2003 10:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-20-2003 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'd like to hear Brett sing to. He did a decent job on backup vocals during the Weathered tour. He has decent stage presence, too. [/b][/quote]
yea Brett brought something to the band that Creed never had, back up vocals. he did bring alot of new stuff to the band. albeit he never did write any new material, he brought a bunch of much needed presence to the band. Right when it felt the band was getting better than ever, they fucked it up.

Dogstar
11-21-2003, 12:57 AM
LOL, hide!! :lol:

They did indeed, Mullet...It's a shame.

hide
11-21-2003, 12:58 AM
well we don't know if they have, so many are placing their faith in rumours that don't stake up. They should really do these solo albums in between albums in their own time and make Creed are higher priority. But I don't believe that Creed has broken up!

hide
11-21-2003, 01:03 AM
The Van Halen rumour seems to have some substance as melodicrock.com has a big story on it, and SG need to release their b-sides some time.

Dogstar
11-21-2003, 01:03 AM
No, but the direction they're heading in doesn't bode well and given some of the events of the past year, it wouldn't surprise me if they had. I'm hoping they just need a little break from each other. Pearl Jam, AIC and other groups took breaks and did solo stuff before resuming their work as a group. It can be a good creative outlet.

hide
11-21-2003, 01:11 AM
that is true but in PJ's case I don't think it ever got as bad as this, they didn't take a year off, then basically take another take another year off to pursue solo albums with a few new tracks next year. I think that these albums in the end will be a good outlet and in the long run will benefit both the band and its fans, even if if we would much rather an album next year.

Dogstar
11-21-2003, 01:14 AM
Yeah, the time factor definitely wasn't the same. Same went for AIC. They were back with Tripod in 95 and Mad Season came out in 94 I believe.

Delirium
11-21-2003, 01:54 AM
as for the people who said mark not being good lyrically or vocally. They need some sense beated into them ;).

Mark wrote the lyrics too torn, and that was one of Creed's best.
Mark sung the best line in a creed song, the chorus in "My Own Prison"

how much more evidence do you need.

Dogstar
11-21-2003, 02:00 AM
Um, are you delirious, Delirium ;)? Yes, he wrote some of the lyrics, but he's known more for the sound than the words. And I beg to differ about the best line in a Creed song, but that's for another thread.

The Lithium
11-21-2003, 03:29 AM
I think it will be really cool to hear the solo albums, but I still think that the one that Creed will release will be the best! I also think that Mark will make more metal and Stapp more like the music Creed is making now, but they would never do solo albums if they didn't wanted to release another sound. And hopefully we will have a DVD. There are many rumos about a DVD in 2004, but why should it be this time?

hide
11-21-2003, 06:04 AM
Mark is a good lyricist for example Torn and the chorus to My Sacrifice but Scott is obviously a far better writer and Mark wouldn't take offence to that. He is a good back-up singer and does a great job in MOP but he is still behind Brett and of course Scott in this area.

I really hope Creed release a massive song next year with a 20 second shredding solo, that will keep those at stetina.com happy!

The Lithium
11-21-2003, 08:02 AM
If this will be the last album from Creed, I don't want Brett to join. But if they will release more I really think Brett would make Creed to the band of our dreams!

(This is mine 1,000 post!) :D

Mulletman
11-21-2003, 01:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Delirium+11-21-2003 12:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Delirium @ 11-21-2003 12:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> as for the people who said mark not being good lyrically or vocally. They need some sense beated into them ;).

Mark wrote the lyrics too torn, and that was one of Creed's best.
Mark sung the best line in a creed song, the chorus in "My Own Prison"

how much more evidence do you need. [/b][/quote]
he wrote all of torn, it was his only song and he also wrote the chorus to mop. but there are only two songs in which he sings and he only does the chorus.

Delirium
11-21-2003, 10:16 PM
I know that but how awesome is it when he does sing?

Mulletman
11-21-2003, 11:15 PM
kind of hard to tell when its only a few small portion, on top of that he doesnt even talk in any concert.

Dogstar
11-21-2003, 11:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Delirium+11-21-2003 10:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Delirium @ 11-21-2003 10:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I know that but how awesome is it when he does sing? [/b][/quote]
I think he's average, from the little I have heard him sing...Serviceable, but nothing more.

Delirium
11-21-2003, 11:53 PM
:'(

tremonti.net
11-22-2003, 02:15 AM
My favourite Creed song is Torn. Lyrically and musically, it's just superb...and add to that Stapp's delivery of the words. That said, of course, Stapp is the superior singer, but my favourite lyrics have come from Mark. (But then again, Stapp's vocals and lyrics have, in my opinion, gone worse and worse).

I'm excited for Tremonti, and I hope to hear his new band soon.
________
Lincoln (automobile) specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Lincoln_(automobile))
________
PUBLIC XXX (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/35/public/videos/1)

The Lithium
11-22-2003, 05:33 AM
Mark can play guitar and write music, but not sing good enough....Stapp can sing and write, but not write music good enough....Maybe you guys should try together one more time, huh?

Delirium
11-22-2003, 06:06 AM
they do make a great team, but if this is the way it has to be, so be it.

Bridge of Clay
11-22-2003, 07:28 PM
I don't think it got worse and worse.

It just reflected how his life was.

It's much easier to express your feeling when you're pissed/hurt than when you're happy.

And I so glad they never did a love song! lol!

Anyway, if you pray, what do you do most (and is easier)?

To ask God for something

or

To thank God for something

I grant you there are much more "asks" than "thanks". People don't even remember to thank God for blessings. But when God doesn't do for us what we want, then you blame Him and try to convince Him.

It's a perfect example that fits to the subject.

facelessman
11-23-2003, 12:56 AM
i cant wait for tremonti's album to come out

The Lithium
11-23-2003, 07:44 AM
I can't wait for the new Creed album to come out! :rockon:

Well, I don't even believe in God, so I ask and thank myself and life instead.

facelessman
11-23-2003, 11:54 PM
hmmm interesting

titanguy9
11-24-2003, 06:22 PM
whay r throwing around if you beleive in god or not

facelessman
11-24-2003, 10:57 PM
thats what i was wondering

Petey
11-30-2003, 11:50 PM
I agree with all of you guys...Mark is more of Metal...and he might be heading that direction. As far as Scott goes, I believe he is going to be heading, like all you guys said, mor mellow, with a few songs hard. I also would LOVE to hear Mark take on the mic. Many people thought that Jerry Cantrell was just a badass guitarist, but they didnt now that he could sing, and he does a GREAT job at it to. Well in the end I see Mark going the same direction as Cantrell, I dont know about the lyrics part thoug. I know Stapp will have MIND-BLOWING lyrics like always.

creedsister
12-01-2003, 09:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-extreme_LITHIUM+11-22-2003 05:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (extreme_LITHIUM @ 11-22-2003 05:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Mark can play guitar and write music, but not sing good enough....Stapp can sing and write, but not write music good enough....Maybe you guys should try together one more time, huh? [/b][/quote]
Oh,,he,,can,,write,,good,,enough,,i a,,sure,,you,,Peace

musicmind226
12-01-2003, 11:00 PM
What I'm more interested in is marks new band or possible new band with brian marshall, flip and a new singer. Why well, because I think something awsome could come out of that, and hopefully brian could patch things up with stapp and he could be back with creed on the next creed album when ever that may be.

But I would buy the tremonti solo album way before stapp.

Dogstar
12-01-2003, 11:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Petey+11-30-2003 11:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Petey @ 11-30-2003 11:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I agree with all of you guys...Mark is more of Metal...and he might be heading that direction. As far as Scott goes, I believe he is going to be heading, like all you guys said, mor mellow, with a few songs hard. I also would LOVE to hear Mark take on the mic. Many people thought that Jerry Cantrell was just a badass guitarist, but they didnt now that he could sing, and he does a GREAT job at it to. Well in the end I see Mark going the same direction as Cantrell, I dont know about the lyrics part thoug. I know Stapp will have MIND-BLOWING lyrics like always. [/b][/quote]
True, but Jerry was a lead vocalist many times on Alice songs, so he was already established as a singer, even though Layne was way better. He can definitely hold his own. I'm not so sure about Mark :D.

Dogstar
12-01-2003, 11:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-musicmind226+12-01-2003 11:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (musicmind226 @ 12-01-2003 11:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> What I'm more interested in is marks new band or possible new band with brian marshall, flip and a new singer. Why well, because I think something awsome could come out of that, and hopefully brian could patch things up with stapp and he could be back with creed on the next creed album when ever that may be.

But I would buy the tremonti solo album way before stapp. [/b][/quote]
Hmmm. I'm definitely interested in the Tremo project, but I'm just as interested in what Scott will do. If he does something a la Chris Cornell and Euphoria Morning, that would be sweet.

Prs4me
12-02-2003, 07:28 AM
I think it will be interesting to see what the 2 have to offer individually. I'd like to see Mark shredding, it would be really cool to see another guitarist along side Mark, it may give Mark the freedom to crank out some great solos but who knows.

RMadd
12-02-2003, 03:27 PM
I'm looking forward to Tremo's material moreso than Stapp's... dunno why, though.... sure Scott can write, but I'm a little "afraid" to see what kind of backing he'd have, I guess... can't wait for either, though

hide
12-02-2003, 07:48 PM
I can't wait for both, with Stapp to see how far his guitar playing has come along, what type of music he writes and so on. If it is something like Cornell's solo album and the same sought of quality it will be totally awesome. With Mark waiting to see what he writes about and how he goes singing up front.

I guess they may patch things up with Brian but I would like to see Brett get rewarded for his years of service as well.

Dogstar
12-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Yeah, Brett deserves a fair shake.

Prs4me
12-04-2003, 07:32 AM
In a sense Brett has been rewarded. He has gotten paid for being the stand in bassist and his band has gotten a good amount of publicity. For a band that no one ever heard of pre- Brett playing bass for Creed, it must have been excellent publicity to tour with Creed.

facelessman
12-04-2003, 12:18 PM
yeah

WeatheredWoman
12-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Yeah???? Hmmmm.... think Scott s going 2 sound like the "epic"-songs of Creed... n Mark as the "harder"-songs of Creed...

Y'know what I mean?? :ignore: :ignore: :ignore:

creedlvr
12-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Do we even know that Scott's side project is in fact music? I really haven't heard exactly what he's working on or what the deal was with that website with the new logo.

Dogstar
12-05-2003, 10:34 PM
I think even lame-o Wind-Up would have specified otherwise in its *news* release if it was anything other than a music project.

facelessman
12-06-2003, 12:16 AM
yeah!

creedlvr
12-06-2003, 12:17 AM
I hope so.

Dogstar
12-06-2003, 02:24 AM
Me, too. You never know with that label. It isn't very forthcoming, but then again, most of them aren't.

hide
12-08-2003, 07:21 PM
I think Wind-Up would have specified if it was acting or not the press release said solo albums from both Mark and Scott so we can safetly assume it is musically related.

I think it will be more Doors-U2 style that he loves, perhaps some harder stuff and some softer acoustic numbers!

facelessman
12-08-2003, 11:30 PM
yeah, i guess

creedsister
12-09-2003, 10:03 AM
I think even lame-o Wind-Up would have specified otherwise in its *news* release if it was anything other than a music project. really,,come on,,

Dogstar
12-10-2003, 02:12 AM
:confused:

facelessman
12-11-2003, 11:54 PM
meh

Malevolence
12-14-2003, 11:04 PM
Can someone explain to me why the idea of a Stapp solo/side project is appealing?

Stapp's nowhere near ready to actually *play* music, much less create any credible works worthy of ever being heard.

How does he expect to make music? What? Is he going to go pop? Soft rock?

Bleh.

He's got a great voice, granted. But, without Mark's riffs, solo's, bridges, and the like ...

What's the point? Heh.

It'd be like ... a whole CD. Of "Lullaby"-type music. Hmph.

I'll buy whatever Mark makes. Stapp? Nah.

Dogstar
12-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Can someone explain to me why the idea of a Stapp solo/side project is appealing?

Stapp's nowhere near ready to actually *play* music, much less create any credible works worthy of ever being heard.

How does he expect to make music? What? Is he going to go pop? Soft rock?

Bleh.

He's got a great voice, granted. But, without Mark's riffs, solo's, bridges, and the like ...

What's the point? Heh.

It'd be like ... a whole CD. Of "Lullaby"-type music. Hmph.

I'll buy whatever Mark makes. Stapp? Nah.

I hope it's not soft rock or Lullably-type stuff. I agree, bleh.

But really, we don't know what he's capable of. He does have a great voice and maybe he has ideas for what he wants to do/write. I would imagine he would have to hook up with other musicians to make it work, but it would be more of a backing band rather than a new band, I think. If he ends up doing something like Chris Cornell's Euphoria Morning, that could be really sweet. We really don't know what his ideas are, so why judge before we know what he wants to do? I'm trying to keep an open mind to see what they both do.

hayley
12-15-2003, 02:55 AM
Yeah I don't think he'll go for anything soft rock like Lullaby. Yes, that was a very good song and I do love it, but I wouldn't say it's one of my favourite Creed songs, lol. I'm sure you can all relate to that.

Well I don't know what he'll go for, but I hope he doesn't go for soft rock. That wouldn't bring out half of his talent.

hayley
12-15-2003, 02:56 AM
Is he going to go pop?

Dude that's just shocking, Stapp going pop? Yeah right when pigs fly :eek:

Sheila63
12-15-2003, 06:50 AM
I hope it's not soft rock or Lullably-type stuff. I agree, bleh.

But really, we don't know what he's capable of. He does have a great voice and maybe he has ideas for what he wants to do/write. I would imagine he would have to hook up with other musicians to make it work, but it would be more of a backing band rather than a new band, I think. If he ends up doing something like Chris Cornell's Euphoria Morning, that could be really sweet. We really don't know what his ideas are, so why judge before we know what he wants to do? I'm trying to keep an open mind to see what they both do.

I totally agree with you, Dogstar. I know both he and Mark wrote Creed's songs but I think he's very capable with some other musicians backing him up to make a great cd.

Delirium
12-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Tremonti's new CD will be teh roxor of my soxors :)