Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Signature Smilies [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Signature Smilies

Julbright
11-20-2003, 10:37 AM
I know this has also been addressed before - but I was wondering if I missed the resolution.... My sig smilies are still not working? I tried to update my sig but it didn't change anything? What's the word on this? THANKS!

Steve
11-20-2003, 11:53 AM
I recently found out that the board is not set up to handle smilies in signatures. I would have to turn on IMAGE tag use in order for it to work. That would mean people could include any image in their signature, not just smilies. I don't want to deal with that. I have found a "hack" that will make signatures work, I just haven't had the time to sit down and hack away at the code.

Actually I have been thinking about reverting back to vBulletin. The problems we had with the previous board (like e-mails not sending, etc.) seem to have been fixed by now. I was also thinking about changing the look of the board - to remove the CreedFeed.com stuff (like the links to other pages on the website, the entire CreedFeed banner up top, etc.). I would make a smaller banner that would go in the upper left corner and that would be it. This would make the forums load faster for some as well. I am not sure what I will do yet, but just thought I'd throw that out there here :)

Julbright
11-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Steve I trust your judgement completely - I think this is the best board around. My only request is PLEASE don't take the Feed away from us for construction any time soon - if I couldn't be here during this rumor frenzy I would go crazy!!! :)

Steve
11-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Just a note: if I would change boards or anything, it would only be an over-night thing. It would not be like it was last time when it took a few days.

Wylde-Tremonti
11-27-2003, 11:19 AM
my :2cents: = "Steve can do no wrong" so whatever you decide to do....it's kool!....i also have to say....that i really like having smilies on my sig.... :)