Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Anyone Else Having A Hard Time Listening To Creed? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Having A Hard Time Listening To Creed?

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Just wondering. I have not been able to listen to them since this started. I guess for fear of tearing up. I exercise to their tapes, so I guess I'll be getting into my "couch potato" position. :(

creedlvr
11-19-2003, 11:14 AM
I am having a hard time too. I still listened to them driving into work this morning ... but I'm usually singing and really enjoying it. Not today! I just sat quiet and was depressed!

Sheila63
11-19-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm having a hard time too. Since all of this started, I haven't been able to listen to any of my Creed cds, including my live bootlegs. :(

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Took me a while after Chicago to listen to them too. I just hoped I'd have a few new ones to add to the variety:)

creedsister
11-19-2003, 12:35 PM
its a,,shame,,guys dont let it get ya down,,it aint over till its over,,right,,come what may,,i never would stop,,listen to creed,,it,there,,music has always brought me peace were the is no peace,,,but 3 days ago,,,i was taking laundry out of the whash,,when,,i came acrossed and old creed,tshirt,,,and i dont know what happend,,but instead of puting it,,in the dryer,,i held it close to my check and started,,to cry,,i dont know why,,,peace,,

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 12:39 PM
Thanks for that. I know what you mean. I'm just holding back yet. Haven't let it loose, but when it happens, look out...

Blaize
11-19-2003, 12:58 PM
I had a hard time after Chicago listening to them. I had a hard time this summer listening to them. However, yesterday and today, I have been playing them loud as I can because I want to drown out the past year and a half and focus on what they have given me!!

Dogstar
11-19-2003, 01:32 PM
Good for you, Blaize. I"m with you. I am SO thankful for the music and the friends I have made because of Creed. I will be crushed if they are over, but I have three cool records, a growing live collection and some awesome Creed friends. I drove to Pittsburgh and back yesterday to see A Perfect Circle, and I had plenty of Creed for the ride! I listened to all the live stuff good and loud because it brought back some of my best concert memories EVER!

JenRN
11-19-2003, 01:38 PM
I actually have been listening to them more, I watched a DVD with them (thank Carrie) and my tapes and Cd's. Creed has gotten me through some unbearable things in my life lately and especially this awful ordeal I am currently dealing with. They provide me with an "escape" and bring back incredible memories of concerts, CREEDFEST, and all the great friends I have made from them. I use them like a drug, they make me feel good, a "high" I am not ever going to give up EVER!!!!!!!!! :crest:

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 03:21 PM
I agree with you Jen. They do provide that high. I did just listen to them, and I found myself picking apart the words to What's This Life For and One. Maybe they'll take a bit of their own advice. But I though hard and asked Julie about this, if you're interested check out the thread I'm going to create, if you believe in prayer...

The Lithium
11-19-2003, 03:36 PM
I don't have a very hard time listened to them! I've listened very much to them today, almost as a goodbye.

It is hard...But as long as Creed or Wind-Up don't say anything no one really knows. But Creed knows that we know....So they will problably tell us in some way in a few days.

mamm1234
11-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Like Jen, I'm listening more.

and just thinking how could this have ever happened.

Such good people...such talent.

I wonder if they have any idea how many lives they have touched.

Wylde-Tremonti
11-19-2003, 06:03 PM
i was Downloading some Live tracks that i was going to use for i "live CD" i'm gonna burn. when i saw a thread about them breaking up.....
I stopped downloading.....
since then... i've gotten over this.....there's nothing official....and until then it's kool..... but even if they do breakup.... The Official site said that Stapp and Tremonti are both doing Solo stuff....so either way...it won't be the end of my Hero.... Mark Tremonti.

Sheila63
11-19-2003, 06:08 PM
It's funny, after posting in this thread earlier, I went and listened to Weathered. It made me feel sooooooo much better. It made me realize more than ever just how phenomenal (sp?) they are!!! The talent they all have is amazing and even if they aren't together, I hope we will all be able to enjoy their talents in some other way. Although I've got to say that listening to Hide today brought tears to my eyes. Creed has helped me through some hard times too and I will always be so thankful for all of their awesome music as well as the wonderful people I've met here on the board and in person who I'm grateful to call my friends. :crest: :hugs:

DangerousDan85
11-19-2003, 06:21 PM
yeah i'm listening to Weathered right now

lifelovesoul
11-19-2003, 07:05 PM
It has been hard for me. I woke up this morning with "Is this the End", of all songs, stuck in my head. Then I get to work and have the radio on and they play WAWO which starts out, " Well I just heard the news today. Seems my life is gonna change... When I heard those words I just lost it. I'm feeling better now. I don't think it is over at all.

CREED ROCKS LIFE!!!

UnforgivenOne
11-19-2003, 07:09 PM
I haven't had much of a problem at all listening to them since this started. I'm actually listening to Creed more.

Agent D
11-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Actually, I immediately started playing Weathered when I read the news on here.

Kim V.
11-19-2003, 07:26 PM
I have to admit, yesterday I was really bummed by all this, and tried listening to Creed, and I cried when I listened to "Is This the End?"...
Today, with the press release about them having new music, compilations, solo projects, etc. to release in 2004, I am alot more optimistic and hopeful about their future....Let's all try and stay positive.....at least we'll be having some new material from them; if they choose not to tour for awhile longer, I'll be a bit disappointed because I want to see them live SO badly, but having some new stuff from them will do.....it's better than nothing at all! PEACE......

JenRN
11-19-2003, 09:44 PM
Currently listening to a concert from Pittsburgh in 98, ROCK ON CREED!!!!! :crest:

facelessman
11-20-2003, 12:53 AM
i still listen to them just as much, in fact, i think i might listen to them more

The Lithium
11-20-2003, 03:18 AM
It's not the same to listen to them right now....Feels kind of....New and sad in someway, almost as a goodbye.

facelessman
11-20-2003, 02:17 PM
its not a goodbye! at least i hope its not

The Lithium
11-20-2003, 04:12 PM
No I know it's not a goobye! As I've said a few times now; I don't think even Creed themselfs know if they will splitt up! The worst think that can happen is that Creed keep going without one of the members and replace that one! Would NEVER EVER be the same!

Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips IS Creed, no one else could ever take one of those guys place! Then it's better that they actually break up!!

facelessman
11-20-2003, 05:47 PM
i agree. i rather have Creed break up than to have one of them quit or whatever. it wouldnt be the same band without either of them

Creed_Defaultgirl
11-22-2003, 12:12 AM
I also agree with that. Creed would never ever be the same if one of the guys left. There are so many great songs that have changed me so much. It's like they have written a perfect song for all the troubles we go through, and also the great times. And there are many parts of their songs that make good comebacks to "creedhaters" and just rude and mean people. One of the teachers at my school always gripes at me, (for no reason) If I would have had enough brains to think I would have repeated part of What If,
"... I know I can hold the hate inside my mind,
'Cause what consumes your thoughts controlls your life..."
I think she needs to hear that phrase, she happens to be pretty hateful. But I guess I should be nice, I don't want to stoop to her level.
:glasses: (i need sunglasses like that! Dude, those are cool!)

hayley
11-22-2003, 12:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-crest tattoo+11-20-2003 04:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crest tattoo @ 11-20-2003 04:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Just wondering. I have not been able to listen to them since this started. I guess for fear of tearing up. I exercise to their tapes, so I guess I'll be getting into my "couch potato" position. :( [/b][/quote]
Um yeah actually to be honest, I have had trouble ever since I heard about this news this morning. It's just that I am an emotional person, so it gets me emotional. The only Creed song I have heard today is Higher on the radio, and I thought, shit this is the song that got me into Creed! And I cried for a little then I stopped and I can't tell you what kind of feeling I had, it was weird, it was like a nothingness feeling. It's just hearing their music now, the music that Creed made, as a band together, it's sad to listen to it right now. But it won't be like that forever, just maybe a couple of days because I am taking this all very hard.

JulieCitySlicker
11-23-2003, 04:02 PM
I havn't played any of my Creed stuff for almost a month now :redface: I've been listening to Matchbox 20, Big Dismal, Linkin Park, and Revis a lot lately :)

mamm1234
11-23-2003, 05:16 PM
I've actually been listening more the last few days, listening more carefully if that's possible.

the more I listen, the more I feel this band just has to come back.

facelessman
11-23-2003, 11:39 PM
the more i listen, the more all the problems of the world disappear.

JenRN
11-23-2003, 11:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+11-23-2003 11:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 11-23-2003 11:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the more i listen, the more all the problems of the world disappear. [/b][/quote]
Yeah I know what you mean. I get "taken away" with thier music, it heals me. It is a strange phenomenon really, hard for me to describe.

facelessman
11-23-2003, 11:43 PM
no need to describe. i know exactly what you mean

hayley
11-23-2003, 11:57 PM
Yeah, there is no need to explain, we all know how you feel, I defenitly do. It's like there are no words to explain the joy of how Creed makes you feel.

hayley
11-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Well when you aren't hearing that they might break up, that is.

facelessman
11-24-2003, 12:01 AM
even those problems disappear when i listen to them

hayley
11-24-2003, 12:30 AM
I still can't listen to them at them moment, still can't, I just get too upset.

I've been listening to lot's of Live, Pacifier, U2, and Pearl Jam latley.

facelessman
11-24-2003, 12:42 AM
meh

The Lithium
11-24-2003, 05:55 AM
Actually I think Creed is better then ever right now...Don't know why, I just feel that way! It was two years ago Weathered came out, and right now I think it's better then ever...

CREED ROCKS LIFE!!!

Sheila63
11-24-2003, 05:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Creed_Defaultgirl+11-22-2003 12:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Creed_Defaultgirl @ 11-22-2003 12:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I also agree with that. Creed would never ever be the same if one of the guys left. There are so many great songs that have changed me so much. It's like they have written a perfect song for all the troubles we go through, and also the great times. And there are many parts of their songs that make good comebacks to "creedhaters" and just rude and mean people. One of the teachers at my school always gripes at me, (for no reason) If I would have had enough brains to think I would have repeated part of What If,
"... I know I can hold the hate inside my mind,
'Cause what consumes your thoughts controlls your life..."
I think she needs to hear that phrase, she happens to be pretty hateful. But I guess I should be nice, I don't want to stoop to her level.
:glasses: (i need sunglasses like that! Dude, those are cool!) [/b][/quote]
Very well said, Creed DefaultGirl. :clap: :clap:

Jen, I know exactly what you're talking about, their music heals me too.

Hayley, I had a hard time listening to any of their music for a few days after all the this started too. But over the last few days it's been easier and I listened to one of my live bootleg cds for the first time since all of this happened today. I'm sure after some time, you will be able to listen to them again. :) :hugs:

facelessman
11-28-2003, 12:03 AM
yeah

PaulMcCoygirl
11-28-2003, 12:45 AM
Hey guys, look on the bright side. Even though Creed is taking a well deserved extended break, their next CD (hopefully) will be well worth the wait!

GeeK_2004
11-28-2003, 01:00 AM
...i`m so lost right now....

GeeK_2004
11-28-2003, 01:00 AM
I dont even know where to begin....

facelessman
11-28-2003, 11:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-PaulMcCoygirl+11-28-2003 12:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PaulMcCoygirl @ 11-28-2003 12:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey guys, look on the bright side. Even though Creed is taking a well deserved extended break, their next CD (hopefully) will be well worth the wait! [/b][/quote]
as usual, it will ROCK

Siana
11-30-2003, 09:47 AM
i'm sure of it

Unforgiven Fan
11-30-2003, 10:43 AM
umm...since this has happened I am able to listen to MOP more often but I am having a hard time with human clay and weathered

Siana
11-30-2003, 11:08 AM
that's bad...and i'm having a hard time listening to MOP

creedsister
11-30-2003, 11:22 AM
why,,mop,,and not the rest?

facelessman
11-30-2003, 12:52 PM
thats what im wondering

facelessman
11-30-2003, 12:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Unforgiven Fan+11-30-2003 10:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Unforgiven Fan @ 11-30-2003 10:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> umm...since this has happened I am able to listen to MOP more often but I am having a hard time with human clay and weathered [/b][/quote]
why is that?

katzthatsme
12-06-2003, 05:16 PM
HAS ANYBODY NOTICED THAT RUMORS ARENT ALWAYS TRUE?

facelessman
12-06-2003, 05:34 PM
thats what we're hoping in this case

WeatheredWoman
12-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Oh yeah... I sure can listen 2 Creed after all these rumours... but while listening I get a tiny voice in my head that yells.... MORE INPUT!! MORE INPUT!!

At least another CD or 3, 4, 5 .....mmmm!

Still can't get enough of those guys.... *SIGH*

:hugs:

tupelocreedfan
12-06-2003, 07:02 PM
I was driving today and listening to MOP and thinking how Scott
may be listening to it and reliving the feelings of what made him
write it in the first place. It was kind of sad. I really hope things
can be worked out.

facelessman
12-06-2003, 07:34 PM
meh

hayley
12-10-2003, 06:04 PM
HAS ANYBODY NOTICED THAT RUMORS ARENT ALWAYS TRUE?

HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THIS SEEMS MORE THAN JUST A RUMOR?

hayley
12-10-2003, 06:07 PM
why,,mop,,and not the rest?

Maybe because MOP has got the heaviest feel to lyrics than HC and Weathered? That's how I feel, I have a hard time listening to MOP right now than HC and Weathered.

But I can listen to Creed just fine, it's slightly easier now I'm not greiving half as bad. I obviously still am greiving, but not like I was when I first heard the news.

creedsister
12-10-2003, 06:11 PM
well im glad,,

Marty
12-10-2003, 06:29 PM
I haven't had any problem. :)

JenRN
12-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Blasting Torn as we speak!!!

facelessman
12-10-2003, 11:34 PM
Maybe because MOP has got the heaviest feel to lyrics than HC and Weathered? .
in your opinion

johellion
12-10-2003, 11:51 PM
yeah i'm listening to Weathered right now

Bless your heart!!!
Weathered isn't even their best.....It was not REAL Creed!!! That is just my opinion:)

facelessman
12-10-2003, 11:57 PM
Bless your heart!!!
Weathered isn't even their best.....It was not REAL Creed!!! That is just my opinion:)
it wasnt as good, but it was real enough for me, ya know?

hayley
12-11-2003, 06:30 PM
in your opinion

Yeah, in my opinion, sorry.