Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed Is Over.(news From Mark) [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed Is Over.(news From Mark)

CollectiveSoul
11-18-2003, 12:41 AM
Thread on CreedPit. (http://pub186.ezboard.com/fcreedpit62842frm1.showMessage?topicID=37851.topic)

this poster is trustworthy. I have met her and I cna trust her as well as everyone else on the board.

CollectiveSoul
11-18-2003, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the memories

tremonti.net
11-18-2003, 12:57 AM
Yeah, she's trustworthy. I hope they will all be successful in their chosen path...
________
Mazda g4a-el transmission specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_G4A-EL_transmission)
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Dogstar
11-18-2003, 01:05 AM
Man, I hope she's wrong.

CollectiveSoul
11-18-2003, 01:10 AM
she is not. its been confirmded

DSDTonya
11-18-2003, 01:17 AM
She is a reliable source trustworthy or not. She specifically stated MARK told HER these things and she's not stupid enough to do that knowing the type of after effect it could impose on her later if she was lying.
-also Marks sister n law Denise just contacted her about it in PM's and she pasted the info letting her know she would so so. This is real. Michael was at the Pit also tonite and I'm sure Mark has by now been informed that the news is out. A statement will probably follow soon.
( atleast I hope so-trying to keep that glimmer of hope alive) This sucks!

Marty
11-18-2003, 09:16 AM
But why would they be posting the website that they are rehearsing music for the new record?
________
Park Royal 2 Condominium Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

DSDTonya
11-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Not sure...I believe there is a recording going on...just not all the members of Creed are involved in that. Also, their management has never been good at keeping us informed-so I dont think whats posted by them makes it any more truthful than what the band members are telling other people.

facelessman
11-18-2003, 09:54 AM
are you freakin kidding me?!??!

JenRN
11-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Um EXCUSE ME!!!!!!! This is awful! This is the one thing I was so looking forward to coming out!!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

JenRN
11-18-2003, 10:05 AM
OMG I feel like crying! :(

velocityidp
11-18-2003, 10:11 AM
(hugs Jen)

I kinda feel the same way...

I hope it's not true, but I think we should wait for the official word before assuming the band is broken up.

Bah... I really hope it's just a misunderstanding.

facelessman
11-18-2003, 10:17 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-JenRN+11-18-2003 10:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JenRN @ 11-18-2003 10:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> OMG I feel like crying! :( [/b][/quote]
me too!

facelessman
11-18-2003, 10:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-velocityidp+11-18-2003 10:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (velocityidp @ 11-18-2003 10:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Bah... I really hope it's just a misunderstanding. [/b][/quote]
me too

Kim V.
11-18-2003, 10:26 AM
:( This CANNOT be happening.....I am in serious denial right now...I don't want to get all upset before any official word from the band/management...but..... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :( If it is true, I don't know how I'll break the news to my son, who just recently started really getting into their music; he's even trying to add cymbals to his drum set to make it exactly like Flip's, saving money for them, asking for them for Christmas, etc.... he'll be devastated if it's true.....God I pray it's all a really bad rumor...... :(

facelessman
11-18-2003, 10:30 AM
i hope Mark is just pulling an early April fools trick or something!

JenRN
11-18-2003, 10:34 AM
After the Weathered tour I had a REALLY bad feeling this was going to happen. God I hope they will reconsider :( After what I am dealing with in my personal life with my seperation I REALLY was looking to this as a ray of sun in my future! :crying:

Kim V.
11-18-2003, 10:55 AM
HUGS Jen: (((((((JEN))))))) I know, I feel like, what about us fans? I dunno, it's so hard to fathom right now.....I know it's "just a band" but when talking about Creed, I don't feel that way....they've given us music that changes people's lives, their music has stopped people from committing suicide!! How many bands can you say that about? I know we have their 3 great albums and some awesome memories of concerts, and of course, the wonderful friendships formed here at the bb, but.....I can't even put into words what I feel right now if this is all true..... :(

SweetDreams
11-18-2003, 11:08 AM
I have so many mixed feelings on this...Like so many others, I'm hoping that there has been some sort of "mix-up" in the context of this coming out. I really just don't know....

One thing that has me :confused: is, if this has been known for so long, then WHY did they do the CreedInk renewals?

Mulletman
11-18-2003, 11:45 AM
I am not going to believe this..... I know our boys here aren't rocket scientists, but I am sure they are way smarter than to trust a fan with something of this magnitude....

Say what you want, but untill i hear something from Wind-Up or the boys, I'm just going to dismiss it.

Sheila63
11-18-2003, 11:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kim V.+11-18-2003 10:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kim V. @ 11-18-2003 10:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> HUGS Jen: (((((((JEN))))))) I know, I feel like, what about us fans? I dunno, it's so hard to fathom right now.....I know it's "just a band" but when talking about Creed, I don't feel that way....they've given us music that changes people's lives, their music has stopped people from committing suicide!! How many bands can you say that about? I know we have their 3 great albums and some awesome memories of concerts, and of course, the wonderful friendships formed here at the bb, but.....I can't even put into words what I feel right now if this is all true..... :( [/b][/quote]
Ditto, Kim V. I'm praying this isn't true. :( :crying: :crying:

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 11:54 AM
I'M NOT A MEMBER!!!! I can't see the thread, oh God damn it! Please send a copy of it here or to my PM, I gotta know what's up!!!!!

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 11:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mulletman+11-18-2003 04:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mulletman @ 11-18-2003 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I am not going to believe this..... I know our boys here aren't rocket scientists, but I am sure they are way smarter than to trust a fan with something of this magnitude....

Say what you want, but untill i hear something from Wind-Up or the boys, I'm just going to dismiss it. [/b][/quote]
That's pretty much what I think too, but I gotta know what's up!! This isn't at any other page, so it don't have to be true!!

Marty
11-18-2003, 11:59 AM
I don't think I can believe it either, for the following reasons.

They talk about how the care about the fans, and how much they were getting ready to be back and stuff. If Scott didn't care, he wouldnt have gone on that MSNBC program to defend his position about the Chicago thing. And if Creed truely is over, Wind-up will have a announcement about it in the next couple days. Due to the fact that theres something special about tuesday or wednesday, it should come out in the next day or so, if this is true.

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 12:04 PM
There is too many things that don't match! I won't believe it, even if I'm not sure....I won't believe it untill Creed or Wind-Up say that it's really over!

Steve
11-18-2003, 12:10 PM
I would say to not take this rumor as truth. Yes, the source may be reliable, but keep in mind that sometimes people misunderstand what others say. What doesn't make sense is why Mark would spout this info off to a fan at a meet and greet. I guess he's spouted things off in the past, but still... this is quite the info to be throwing around like this.

My take on this is to just keep listening to your current Creed CDs and wait to see what Wind-Up or the band says.

And also note: regardless of what happens with Creed, CreedFeed.com will not be going anywhere. The site and board will remain up until I become dirt poor and cannot afford to keep it up any longer.

* goes to start making a design for a downshifter website * ;)

mushroomy2k
11-18-2003, 12:14 PM
know dought very sad news ,but the bright side i have made
a whole lotta friends starting at the creed.com board,
then with creedquest,then i found bandrags i really miss that
member board especially the 600 or so pages devoted to finding
the meaning of the crest,now i found creedfeed and have met
many more friends here.
there music will allways be in our hearts and souls
we can all see and hear creed from there mpgs,mpeg
and from all three of there cd's.
it wont be the same as seeing them live in concert and that is very sad
we love you creed and i know you all will succeed in what paths
and journeys you choose.

farmgirl
11-18-2003, 12:31 PM
:(

SweetDreams
11-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Hi Mushroom2k! Yes, I remember the 600+ pages of the meaning of the crest. Did you ever get it figured out?

Blaize
11-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Hope someone makes something official soon...All the different types of speculation is making my head spin!!!

DSDTonya
11-18-2003, 12:37 PM
I hope this is all a very bad dream myself and that it all changes within the hour :crying: Creed has had such an impact on me like no other band has or most likely ever will. I would love not to believe it,but he actually told quite a few people at the Orlando meet n greet this info.
It was just this one fan who decided it was time we knew. Mark's sister n law Denise was quite upset at the Pit last night that this fan spilled the beans before they were ready to do so..but she didnt deny it at all.
She was more upset that she betrayed Mark's wishes. Mark is a devoted guy and has always connected with the fans . I do imagine it mustve been hard to hold in the answers to fans that have been so affiliated with Creed for so long and repeatedly asked this question after the rumors started spreading. I do believe though that he did indeed tell these few fans this information. Maybe he had a bad day,maybe there was some type of argument and it'll all blow over...thats all I can hope for as of now. I dont know...I hate it.

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 12:40 PM
I might know the truth in a few hours! A very good friend of mine called Sony Music in Sweden. They've seen what's up at CreedPit, but they didn't knew anything about it. They would mail him as soon as possiblie, and then he will mail a copy of that they said to him. They said that it would take a few hours.

DSDTonya
11-18-2003, 12:42 PM
*crossing fingers & hoping for the best*

SweetDreams
11-18-2003, 12:50 PM
Answers are always nice to have especially when you have a kazillion questions!

njcreedite
11-18-2003, 01:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SweetDreams+11-18-2003 12:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SweetDreams @ 11-18-2003 12:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Answers are always nice to have especially when you have a kazillion questions! [/b][/quote]
Hi Sweetdreams....to all Creedfeeders, I've known Sweetdreams from the now defunct bandrags bb. She's wonderful and so is her hubby Gunslinger. I was fortunate enought to get to hang out with them on NYE..outside the Spectrum...Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. :D

Answers may take awhile. I know many are impatient...but like a divorce, there are many details that need to be ironed out...plus there is always the hope of reconciliation. :)

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Alright, maybe Mark will quit Creed....But I can't see a reason why. The whole thing is very ugly, it can't be true. God damn it, it's time like this fans have to believe and rais their hands for the band! Where are you Creed-freaks?

Come with me I’m fading underneath the lights
Come with me
Come with me
Come with me now

SweetDreams
11-18-2003, 01:13 PM
Waves back! hi all...Geez what a mess.

I want to believe that this is all just a BIG misunderstanding...But the cynical side of me, doesn't...

Too many conflicting things going on...But for now...I BELIEVE IN CREED

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Right now I choose to laught at this whole "Mark told the fans". Haha, man the man is a pro, he wouldn't go to the fans first. Maybe Mark is leaving now, maybe it will take a lot longer time to get the albumet out, but hell! Creed won't break up! At least I don't believe. A while ago everybody said that the DVD would be out in 60 days....Well, where can I get it then? Things always blows up when fans shall tell the storry, this is not the end. Why would they update CreedINK, why would they talk about how fun it's going to be to get back and why should Stapp say he's sorry for Chicago in TV? Don't you agree, this is made up!

SCOTTSMYMAN
11-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Well, my daughter just had a break through last night and told me how she hoped that when Creed came around again she wanted to go with me and her dad! Now , I come on here this morning and hear that they might have broken up! :crying: :crying: This can't not be true! I don't frequent the pit so I can't say I trust this person but I won't believe anything until they say something! I just don't see Mark trusting just a fan that they are breaking up! I just can't see that happening! I'm not trying to offend anyone but let's seriously think about that! I don't think he's that stupid because he would have to know that person would say something and OMG she did! (surprise,surprise) At least I can say I've made some great friendships because of Creed and that they got me through some rough times! CREED I love you guys and will Stand Here With You until the end(no matter how soon it might be!!) :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 02:36 PM
I gotta agree with you there! You're right, I feel just the same!!

marlsy
11-18-2003, 02:51 PM
ok, i must be in the twilight zone, I'm with mullet and won't get upset about it until it is confirmed!!!! That's all I can say about it without freaking out!!!

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 03:09 PM
I've talked to Linda (njcreedite) and she says:

Well....I hate to say this, but as much as I don’t like rumors...this may be true. Friends close to Creed are really quiet about it all. I’ve asked them, and they’ve said it could happen.

And another thing...Sony Music haven't answered the mail, that can mean two things....One, they know that Creed is not a band anymore. Two, there's no one who is able to answer right now.

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2003, 03:16 PM
and you all laughed at me when I made a thread a couple days ago.

there are certain things that don't make sense:

-Why would Stapp appear on that TV show?
-Why Mark stated on that radio interview that Creed would get in studio in January and release the album in November?

The weirdest thing is the downshifter talk was brought to the topic again on M-T.net a week ago... and last Saturday, I was talking about Creed to my cousin a lot, when I spent a long time without talking about them...and he doesn't even care about rock music...

It makes me think something happened to Stapp, to change his mind all of the sudden and let the guys know of his "decision"...

And remember when they performed on NYE, people saying it was the best concert ever, like if it was a good bye concert... :eek:

There's another thing I reckon... on the interview for Sony Music LA, Stapp said that if he couldn't get any better, he knew it was over... I knew chewing tobacco would hurt his voice :(

Or perhaps Jagger is sick? God forbid!

I'm so, so sad today. That was the news I didn't want, ever.

We look like a family in hospital after a dear friend suffered an accident and is brain dead. We still have hopes but the truth is we're just waiting for the equipment to be turned off (official news) to get real... :crying:

Or something happened to that girl on the meet and greet that she got disapointed and decided to throw the shit on the fan... what didn't happen... :(

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2003, 03:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-extreme_LITHIUM+11-18-2003 05:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (extreme_LITHIUM @ 11-18-2003 05:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I've talked to Linda (njcreedite) and she says:

Well....I hate to say this, but as much as I don’t like rumors...this may be true. Friends close to Creed are really quiet about it all. I’ve asked them, and they’ve said it could happen.

And another thing...Sony Music haven't answered the mail, that can mean two things....One, they know that Creed is not a band anymore. Two, there's no one who is able to answer right now. [/b][/quote]
Sony Music knows BS. They're just the international distributor for Creed.

If you wanna try hard, call JHMP. They must know.

And sony did answered jonathan, they don't know nothing yet. They're contacting Wind-Up to find out if it's a rumour or not.

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 03:38 PM
Yeah, well....Remember when Stapp said this? I do!

”We have to grow all the time, and that’s just fun. You know the day I feel like Creed can’t grow anymore, when we’ve reach the top, that’s when I’m gonna walk away. When I feel that Creed can’t get any better or give anymore, then it’s time for us to go differents ways. And I think if everybody of us think about it, that is what everyone should do.” --Scott Stapp, Creed.

Thanks for the time guys!

But Creed ain’t a band anymore
Don’t have to settle no God damn score
’Cause we all live
Under the reign of one king

creeder
11-18-2003, 03:40 PM
this is Wrong.. its not true

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 03:40 PM
Hey, you know Jonathan! Cool!! He's a great guy.....Well, well, maybe I should call Jeff....

SweetDreams
11-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Take this for what it's worth...

Hey Creed Fans!

Creed, who have sold in excess of 23 million albums in the U.S. alone, have announced plans for a number of releases in 2004. A street date before the end of 2004 is in the works for a special package consisting of previous hits, unreleased material, and new Creed compositions the band plans to record in 2004. Additional content culled from collaborations will be considered for this anthology as well. In addition, both Mark Tremonti and Scott Stapp are working on solo projects for release in the next year.

Creed has released three albums to date on Wind-up Records - My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered. All have been certified multi-platinum by the RIAA, with Human Clay receiving the distinguished honor of a Diamond Award for sales in excess of ten million copies.

Stay tuned for more-

CreedNet Crew
http://www.creed.com

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 04:39 PM
They still haven't said anything about they have broked up... So nothing is for sure...Still...

BigBassDrummer
11-18-2003, 04:40 PM
This is such a load of BS... the band would not be going into the studio early next year if they were splitting up... not gonna happen. According to that email, they are releasing brand new stuff along with the older stuff... so don't pay attention to this unless its official from the band. I guarantee you that this is not 100% truth.

The Lithium
11-18-2003, 04:50 PM
No, hopefully this splitt up won't hapend. God, that feels better....But maybe the album is a Goodbye. If they does more material and some other hits and release it, it could be a "goodbye for us", album!

Creed!!! You guys just rocks!

BigBassDrummer
11-18-2003, 04:54 PM
This is all retarded.... this person says that Mark told her there would be no new album... well, the official word from Creed is that there will be in 2004. If she was wrong about that, she's probably wrong about this too... the email says Scott and Mark are doing solo projects, but that does not mean they are breaking up...

Rain
11-18-2003, 04:59 PM
I hope you are right bigbass..

CollectiveSoul
11-18-2003, 05:05 PM
on CreedPit there are new threads from other Meet and Greeters. Mark told them him and Flip are now making a new metal band while Mark said he hasn't talked to Scott in about a month. They had one band practice but he said it wasn't really working out. The new band WILL NOT BE CALLED DOWNSHIFTER. they chose against the name. Scott Stapp is probably goign to deal with the Scott Stapp Entertainment thing. And as for that Creed E-news thing i never read that stuff cause its always delayed. Im guessing withing the next month there will be a statement from the band.

Evil_wizzzard
11-18-2003, 05:07 PM
Oh my God.... Is it truh??? I can noo believe in it...

we need you Creed!!!!

Evil_wizzzard
11-18-2003, 05:23 PM
I hope that this is totally untruh...

Creed - you are the best... forever...

creedlvr
11-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Can someome please post the thread here. I can't get in the Pit. I really just don't believe this.

SweetDreams
11-18-2003, 05:42 PM
The last time I looked, that thread was 16 or 18 pages long.... :wtf:

SweetDreams
11-18-2003, 05:46 PM
This is from someone who talked to Mark...Just passing along the info as I find it...

So here is what was said:

The new band will NOT be called Downshifter. They decided against the name.

Flip will remain with Mark.

The genre will be extreme heavy metal. I brought up Disturbed and he said " Ten times heavier than Disturbed. Metallica even"

He said he has worked harder in the past 11 months than he ever has before.

Creed did get together for a rehearsal, but it just wasn't working out.

He seemed very excited about this new venture.

They are auditioning a lead singer.

There will not be a DVD.

There will not be a "new" Creed album anytime in the near future.

He and Scott have parted ways.

His new band expects to have an album out by this summer.

I flat out brought up Chicago. To his face. I told him what I thought of his professionalism, and how hard he worked to hold that concert together. He seemed genuinely grateful.

We all wished him the best of luck. We told him that not everyone wears rose colored glasses where Creed is concerned. I told him that he had a lot of fans in his corner, and again he seemed really grateful.

He was kind. He was laid back. He shared what I truly think he wanted to get off his chest.

Have I betrayed him? I guess I have to live with that. I don't think I have said anything harmful, about either Mark or Creed.

Sami and I have ironed out what needed to be ironed out, and I back her 100%.

What can I say...... That's what I know.

TeriB19
11-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Well, to me, as long as Steve keeps Creedfeed up and running (or creates a new site for the Mark/Flip/Brian possible project) I'll be just fine. Because Creed has brought so much to my life, so many great friends and so many great memories. While Wind-Up has no comment at this time, I don't have a really good feeling about things. But I do have a great feeling about this bulletin board and the people who post here. So if Creedfeed's not leaving, then neither am I.

JulieCitySlicker
11-18-2003, 06:15 PM
I'm not gonna believe anything untill I hear it from them ;)

lifelovesoul
11-18-2003, 06:22 PM
I refuse to believe it until the official word is out. Creed means the world to so many of us. Please don't let it be true. I can't take it.

Steve
11-18-2003, 06:23 PM
If you read that Creed E-news (which I just posted on the CreedFeed site), Wind-up basically confirmed that Creed will *NOT* be putting out a *NEW* album next year. The e-news said that they will put out a compilation album with unreleased songs and maybe a new tune or two. It also said we should look forward to solo released in 2004. This would lead one to assume that Mark is hitting the solo career as well as Stapp.

Just to reiterate the point - regardless of what happens to Creed, this site will remain open.

Alter Shredder
11-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Well this seems really bad. I really hope this is not true but you know something just had to give. (Still crossing fingers though.) Ill wait until that official announcement. it seems to me that one (whether good or bad) would come soon since the Creed community has all been informed by now and has many questions.

Alter Shredder
11-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Well thats new news. You beat me by a second. That would lead me to believe that this is the truth.

JulieCitySlicker
11-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Yeah :(

TeriB19
11-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks Steve. As long as we can all still come together, we'll get through. :hugs: And if it is true, I'd still pay to go see Flip and Mark in a new band. And I'd pay to see Scott perform as well. Wait and see is what is in order right now.

Mulletman
11-18-2003, 07:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Steve+11-18-2003 11:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Steve @ 11-18-2003 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And also note: regardless of what happens with Creed, CreedFeed.com will not be going anywhere. The site and board will remain up until I become dirt poor and cannot afford to keep it up any longer. [/b][/quote]
I smell a hostile take over brewing. . . . . .

in preparations to the acquirement, ask yourself this, who is worse, facist bastard or a power hungry asshole.

*hopes everyone remembers*

UnforgivenOne
11-18-2003, 07:05 PM
I hope to God this isn't true. I never even got to see Creed live...

Sheila63
11-18-2003, 07:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TeriB19+11-18-2003 06:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeriB19 @ 11-18-2003 06:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Thanks Steve. As long as we can all still come together, we'll get through. :hugs: And if it is true, I'd still pay to go see Flip and Mark in a new band. And I'd pay to see Scott perform as well. Wait and see is what is in order right now. [/b][/quote]
Same here, Teri. If it's true (I hope it's not), it won't be easy but at least we have each other. :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker
11-18-2003, 07:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-UnforgivenOne+11-19-2003 12:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UnforgivenOne @ 11-19-2003 12:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I hope to God this isn't true. I never even got to see Creed live... [/b][/quote]
I havn't either :(

JulieCitySlicker
11-18-2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks Steve :hugs:
If this is true I'm so glad that you will keep the board up :) I would go nuts without this place :eek:

SCOTTSMYMAN
11-18-2003, 07:29 PM
I have made so many great friends from this board that if this is all true at least Creed was able to bring great people into my life ( you know who you all are!!) Let's all just wait for an official word before we get our panties into a bunch! I personal won't believe it until I hear it from them! Maybe they just need to pursue some of their own projects right now and get a break from one another! Many bands have done that but in the end came back together and made kickass albums and had awesome tours! That might be what all this is right now! People just sometimes need a break! What ever happens we all have each other and this fabulous board! (Thanks Steve you the man!!) :hugs: to all!

MrSeeker
11-18-2003, 07:50 PM
This is awesome news!!!
I cant wait to hear what Mark and Scott can do by themselves!
Long live Creed!!!

Creed_Defaultgirl
11-18-2003, 08:01 PM
THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I've been bawling all evening! This has to be a dream, but it feels too real. This probably only happened to Creed because they are my favorite band and my luck is bad. (Hmmm, guess I should have forwarded all those e-mails.)

njcreedite
11-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Here's the entire email from Windup...
Hey Creed Fans!

Creed, who have sold in excess of 23 million albums in the U.S. alone, have announced plans for a number of releases in 2004. A street date before the end of 2004 is in the works for a special package consisting of previous hits, unreleased material, and new Creed compositions the band plans to record in 2004. Additional content culled from collaborations will be considered for this anthology as well. In addition, both Mark Tremonti and
Scott Stapp are working on solo projects for release in the next year.

Creed has released three albums to date on Wind-up Records - My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered. All have been certified multi-platinum by the RIAA, with Human Clay receiving the distinguished honor of a Diamond Award for sales in excess of ten million copies.

There you go.......

Agent D
11-18-2003, 08:12 PM
This f'ing blows.

Seriously, this sucks. I'd like to know what happened between Tremo and Stapp that caused this. Nothing the guys could do on their own could be as good as what they did as Creed. Nothing. I only saw them live once and my seat sucked. Considering that this "new" cd is an Anthology, well that isn't a good sign. Only old, defunct bands put out anthologies. This sucks. :( Oh well...

There still is the chance they could get back together later on. Every great band goes through this...Aerosmith for example.

Steve
11-18-2003, 08:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mulletman+11-18-2003 06:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mulletman @ 11-18-2003 06:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Steve+11-18-2003 11:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Steve @ 11-18-2003 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And also note: regardless of what happens with Creed, CreedFeed.com will not be going anywhere. The site and board will remain up until I become dirt poor and cannot afford to keep it up any longer. [/b][/quote]
I smell a hostile take over brewing. . . . . .

in preparations to the acquirement, ask yourself this, who is worse, facist bastard or a power hungry asshole.

*hopes everyone remembers* [/b][/quote]
:D

Creed_Defaultgirl
11-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Oh I hope so! I sure hope they will come back, OR in a better way of looking at it, maybe they will never go away!

Agent D
11-18-2003, 08:23 PM
This is going to take quite some time to get over...

I mean...news has come out of the Pit before and been false, right? Right? :wtf:

BigBassDrummer
11-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Well, I believe she is telling the truth... but that might be old news and the band might have patched things up since then. According to Creed.com, the plans for 2004 are an official press release... they can't break up if that's official.

Agent D
11-18-2003, 08:43 PM
But all they're releasing is an anthology. It's just gonna have B-sides, some recycled singles, and a couple of new songs. That isn't exactly a new album like we thought we were getting. It's sure as hell not a dvd. It's a bad sign... :(

Heh, I think I'm gonna need counseling. :P :(

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2003, 08:51 PM
When I first read that e-news I didn't think of it...

Yep, I wonder what happened that the band wouldn't work out during a rehearsal. Something so bad that would set Stapp and Tru apart, when we know they are (were?) best friends for a long time, since college.

I doubt they can't settle their differences, IF an argument occured.

BigBassDrummer
11-18-2003, 08:55 PM
The enews said that the band plans to go into the studio in 2004. If they had already split up, there's no WAY they are planning on going into the studio. And don't be depressed about the old, unreleased stuff! That means some stuff that was written during the MOP days! This will rock!

quizlet
11-18-2003, 08:57 PM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE ORIGINAL THREAD SO THOSE WHO CANT GET INTO THAT OTHER FORUM CAN SEE IT PLEASE!!!!!!

Agent D
11-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Well, I'm just bummin about the B-sides in an anthology because I already have all the b-sides in mp3s that I've burnt onto cds.

I'm just hoping that they'll get the solo stuff out of their systems and they'll come to realize that they need to bring back Creed.

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2003, 09:22 PM
AgentD: there are at least 4 or 5 b-sides you don't have:

Nothing, Grip My Soul, etc.

Agent D
11-18-2003, 09:23 PM
Oh yeah....hehe I forgot about those ones... :P

Here's a question. In the beginning of the newsletter, it says something about Creed releasing a "number" of releases for 2004 planned. But it only mentions the anthology. What the hell...?

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2003, 09:38 PM
well.. it says:

Stay tuned for more news.

Agent D
11-18-2003, 09:45 PM
So isn't that good enough to contradict all this "Creed is no more" talk?

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2003, 09:49 PM
I dunno, the "creed is no more" talk is too strong this time and it's coming from all sides... the thing about the meet&greet in FL is too serious for a bad joke...

tell me the truth! what's the truth now?

creedsister
11-18-2003, 10:01 PM
I dont know,,my brother guess will have to wait and see,,,rock on,,,,,,

hide
11-18-2003, 10:02 PM
i still think this is crap, with the news sent out to many of us, plus that they are in the studio now and plan to have a new album by September. I won't believe anything until its official but I really hope its not.

njcreedite
11-18-2003, 10:02 PM
Just because they MAY be disbanding, doesn't mean that there will never be
another Creed cd or tour. Groups do these things all the time. Yes, it may be over for good, but it may not be. Why get all depressed and upset over it? The band members will still be around, just in different forums. It's cool to think of what they'll come up with. Will they be different, successful etc.... I'm looking forward to the music from each of them. Should be very interesting. :D

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2003, 10:04 PM
as I quote myself:

"You can have H, H and O but if they aren't together, it's not water!!!"

Agent D
11-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Yeah, Creed is only Creed when the band members are together. The solo work will be good I'm sure, but not nearly as good as the real thing.

hide
11-18-2003, 10:26 PM
people its only a rumour at this stage just relax! NO official news has been released and the mail we've all seen regarding next years multiple releases probably means that this is a bad, bad rumour and we can bash whoever runs creedpit! Remeber people creedpit has been well less then accurate in the past!

BigBassDrummer
11-18-2003, 11:03 PM
This is my take on it... they say that the idea of a 4th album was reserved for IF they decided to get back together... if what this girl said is true (which I have no reason not to believe her), this could be news she heard BEFORE they decided to reconcile their difference and get back together! I mean, let's put it this way... if they were broken up, do you think they would plan on going into the studio in a few months? That is official news from WindUp people... everything else is unconfirmed!

facelessman
11-19-2003, 12:09 AM
until i get confirmation from Creed or wind-up, im goin to believe the worst...

Steve
11-19-2003, 12:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BigBassDrummer+11-18-2003 07:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBassDrummer @ 11-18-2003 07:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The enews said that the band plans to go into the studio in 2004. If they had already split up, there's no WAY they are planning on going into the studio. And don't be depressed about the old, unreleased stuff! That means some stuff that was written during the MOP days! This will rock! [/b][/quote]
The e-news just says that the band has plans to head to the studio, but then does not reference an entire new CD. The e-news simply references "new Creed compositions." The e-news does say that Mark and Scott are working on solo material for this coming year. This would lead one to assume they will be spending time with their solo work.

Then after the news Wind-up mentions, they go on in the next paragraph to talk about Creed's history with the label (how many records they've put out and sold). This is not good news IMO. The label's writings make it sound as if the band is simply "history."

BigBassDrummer
11-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Well, I'd like to hear official news before assuming anything...

DangerousDan85
11-19-2003, 01:38 AM
man i'm gone for a day and all hell breaks loose

if they are done, it sucks, i never even got to see them on tour

DangerousDan85
11-19-2003, 01:41 AM
what about Creed INK

are they ever gonna send another issue, is it done

i paid for a quarterly magazine, so far all i've gotten is one (plus the introductory one)

if they aren't, we should get refunded

velocityidp
11-19-2003, 02:18 AM
You won't... heh

Refunds and WU are like oil and water

DangerousDan85
11-19-2003, 02:55 AM
i submitted a cool drawing last summer for the magazine, i guess it'll never see the light of day

The Lithium
11-19-2003, 03:04 AM
Guys, think of it! What do you belive? A fan or Creed themselfs? The fans says, there will be no more album anytime, Creed says, oh yes there will be an album in 2004. Maybe a goodbye for now album, but I don't think Creed is over!

DangerousDan85
11-19-2003, 03:13 AM
we'll just have to see what happens

creedgirl99
11-19-2003, 03:15 AM
This sucks....I really hope it's not true! Maybe we're being Punk'd or something? :(

The Lithium
11-19-2003, 10:28 AM
A internet friend of mine from Sweden says:

They won't break up...I got a mail from JHMP.

More he didn't said! I'll post back as soon as I know anything, but God hopes he is right!

Creedillusion
11-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Well, Im not going to believe its over until Creed themselves say it is.
Personally, I dont think they are breaking up. So they are doing a few solo projects, thats great. Creed loves their fans and they will let us all know one way or another. I believe in them. IF it is true, Creed will always be in my heart and will never leave.:)

Steve
11-19-2003, 11:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-extreme_LITHIUM+11-19-2003 09:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (extreme_LITHIUM @ 11-19-2003 09:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> A internet friend of mine from Sweden says:

They won't break up...I got a mail from JHMP.

More he didn't said! I'll post back as soon as I know anything, but God hopes he is right! [/b][/quote]
Tell your friend to send the e-mail with COMPLETE headers attached. If he refuses or doesn't send the headers, it's just another rumor.

Dogstar
11-19-2003, 12:05 PM
I would say to not take this rumor as truth. Yes, the source may be reliable, but keep in mind that sometimes people misunderstand what others say. What doesn't make sense is why Mark would spout this info off to a fan at a meet and greet. I guess he's spouted things off in the past, but still... this is quite the info to be throwing around like this.

My take on this is to just keep listening to your current Creed CDs and wait to see what Wind-Up or the band says.

And also note: regardless of what happens with Creed, CreedFeed.com will not be going anywhere. The site and board will remain up until I become dirt poor and cannot afford to keep it up any longer.

* goes to start making a design for a downshifter website *&nbsp;

Wooooo-hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You ROCK, as always, Steve....

I have to admit that the WindUp announcement's timing is a little suspect, given all the rumors flying. My guess is the anthology might serve to contribute to their contractual obiligations with WindUp, as in they might owe the label a few more records. This is the same thing Alice In Chains did when they couldn't get Layne Staley back in the studio because of all his drug problems. They put out two greatist hits albums and the Music Bank box set (1999, nearly four years after their last studio album, not counging MTV Unplugged in 96), which included previously unreleased demos, some tunes written for movie soundtracks, practically all their songs and a couple of new tunes.

The Lithium
11-19-2003, 12:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Creedillusion+11-19-2003 04:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Creedillusion @ 11-19-2003 04:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well, Im not going to believe its over until Creed themselves say it is.
Personally, I dont think they are breaking up. So they are doing a few solo projects, thats great. Creed loves their fans and they will let us all know one way or another. I believe in them. IF it is true, Creed will always be in my heart and will never leave.:) [/b][/quote]
Why would Creed release greatest hits and unreleased material if it's not going to be their last album??

But, well, well. We will have a new album with new material and we will have new tour. As far as I know nothing about the tour have changed, so it will be a hell of a tour!! Why cry over it??

Steve
11-19-2003, 01:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-extreme_LITHIUM+11-19-2003 11:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (extreme_LITHIUM @ 11-19-2003 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why would Creed release greatest hits and unreleased material if it's not going to be their last album??

But, well, well. We will have a new album with new material and we will have new tour. As far as I know nothing about the tour have changed, so it will be a hell of a tour!! Why cry over it?? [/b][/quote]
They would release a greatest hits, or "anthology," album to fulfill their contractual obligations to Wind-up. Perhaps the band wants to persue other avenues for the time being. The band could always join forces in the future and continue to write music.

I highly doubt there will be a Creed tour in 2004. If they are hitting the studio to compose a few new tunes, then hitting the studio for solo work, most of the year will be taken up. If they go the solo route, they have to start from square one as it relates to forming a band. They need to rehearse musicians, write music, record demos, sell themselves to labels, re-record tunes, and finally put out the album.

I'm not saying any of this is fact. I am just speculating the different scenarios.

The Lithium
11-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Yeah, and you could be right as everyone else on the board in this secound.

Agent D
11-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Well...even if the band does break up, no one said it had to be a permanent break up. They'll all go off and do their own thing, maybe the solo projects will be a success or maybe it won't, and then they'll revive Creed.

RMadd
11-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Or maybe Stapp will go his own way, Brett will join the band, and they'll find another kick-ass writer/singer. I dunno... just a thought.

Agent D
11-19-2003, 08:07 PM
I really hope that doesn't happen...that wouldn't be the Creed that I know and love...

Julbright
11-19-2003, 08:19 PM
Creed could never be Creed without Scott! I don't think Creed would be Creed without Mark either. There is a chemistry there and I would not be able to transition to another voice as Creed. They are going to have to drop the name if they part ways.

I think we are nearing a serious time apart phase! I think they will be back after that but I do think we are heading for a big ole' break.

RMadd
11-19-2003, 08:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Julbright+11-19-2003 07:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Julbright @ 11-19-2003 07:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think we are nearing a serious time apart phase! I think they will be back after that but I do think we are heading for a big ole' break. [/b][/quote]
That seems to fit from what we're hearing now. Just as long as, if they do end up parting ways, it's not forever. I would hope they would stick around at least long enough to put out the 4th album.

Bridge of Clay
11-19-2003, 09:19 PM
I dunno... have you noticed it can be just a game???

People who run the best Creed sites (pit, fanatic, feed) didn't say a word if it's true or not... they all got contacted first about the creed quest... their behaviour is kinda weird: they don't say yes or no.... :confused:

people who know something aren't allowed to talk...

and if I recall, Creed and Wind-Up contract obligations says the the next album would be their last one. Then creed would move label or renew the deal.

Agent D
11-19-2003, 09:46 PM
I would be so pissed and yet so relieved if this ended up being kind of a second Creed Quest.

BigBassDrummer
11-19-2003, 11:35 PM
That's a long shot... there's no way that would happen. Besides, what is the object of the game? :confused:

This is for real... I mean, this has gotten too far out of hand to be a game...

Mr. Prophet Man
11-20-2003, 01:15 AM
first Pantera, now Creed... can't belive my top 2 favorite bands are over.

The Lithium
11-20-2003, 03:15 AM
It's better that Creed break up then that they kick a member and get someone else to take his place and still call themselfs Creed.

facelessman
11-20-2003, 02:19 PM
ok, but out of all of them, who would you want to kick out. if they kicked out one of them, i woulnt like them as much

BigBassDrummer
11-20-2003, 02:22 PM
I'd pick Brian... oops! Too late...

The Lithium
11-20-2003, 03:48 PM
Yeah, Brian or Brett! :D No one else! Can't pick anyone of them!

facelessman
11-20-2003, 05:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BigBassDrummer+11-20-2003 02:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBassDrummer @ 11-20-2003 02:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'd pick Brian... oops! Too late... [/b][/quote]
haha good call

Bridge of Clay
11-20-2003, 09:08 PM
well... what Mark did say is... Creed won't be anymore the way we know it now... that's what he said. Breaking up came from "fans"... what if Brian is joining the band again? Creed will be different from what we know now! that would be GOOD! :P

facelessman
11-20-2003, 09:10 PM
yeah that doesnt mean they are breakin up...it could just mean that maybe theyre making Brett an official member?

hide
11-20-2003, 09:13 PM
i hope Brett will be in the studio when they record their new songs and I guess they have to record some older songs such as "Grip My Soul".

quizlet
11-20-2003, 09:23 PM
POST THE POST FROM THE OTHER MESSAGE BOARD HERE!!! SO THOSE WHO DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THE OTHER BOARD CAN SEE THE ORIGINAL POST!!!

Bridge of Clay
11-20-2003, 09:26 PM
it was already posted here, somewhere...

Dogstar
11-20-2003, 09:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-quizlet+11-20-2003 09:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (quizlet @ 11-20-2003 09:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> POST THE POST FROM THE OTHER MESSAGE BOARD HERE!!! SO THOSE WHO DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THE OTHER BOARD CAN SEE THE ORIGINAL POST!!!

[/b][/quote]
Calm down and do a search, for crying out loud. Sheesh!

facelessman
11-20-2003, 10:13 PM
wow, someones drunk

Jez
11-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Please see this post......

The Answers (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php?showtopic=5422)

hide
11-20-2003, 10:27 PM
come on Jez you'll just get eveyone depressed for no reason.....

facelessman
11-20-2003, 11:50 PM
too late

The Lithium
11-21-2003, 03:25 AM
What the hell, don't care! That's not our thing!! Creed haven't broke up!! Not yet, and no one knows if they will, so just drop it!

facelessman
11-23-2003, 11:49 PM
this is that damn thread that started all this crap

hayley
11-23-2003, 11:54 PM
Everything is so fucked up right now ALL OF IT SUKCS :mad: :crying:

facelessman
11-24-2003, 12:03 AM
i know, i know

facelessman
11-24-2003, 12:03 AM
i say we get the person that started it!!

hayley
11-24-2003, 12:12 AM
I agree! Let's open a big fat can of whoop ass! :chair:

Delirium
11-24-2003, 12:29 AM
I suggest everyone live in ignorance, it works for me

facelessman
11-24-2003, 12:43 AM
thats how everyone lives

Delirium
11-24-2003, 12:57 AM
yeah well i didnt notice cause im ignorant

The Lithium
11-24-2003, 05:25 AM
Haha, no just let's face it. Creed will take a break from each other and hopefully get together again some time.

facelessman
11-24-2003, 05:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Delirium+11-24-2003 12:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Delirium @ 11-24-2003 12:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> yeah well i didnt notice cause im ignorant [/b][/quote]
LOL good one

facelessman
11-24-2003, 06:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-extreme_LITHIUM+11-24-2003 05:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (extreme_LITHIUM @ 11-24-2003 05:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Haha, no just let's face it. Creed will take a break from each other and hopefully get together again some time. [/b][/quote]
yeah

p j
11-27-2003, 06:20 PM
I can't access the site. Can you tell me what your friend posted?

facelessman
11-27-2003, 08:52 PM
what site?

PaulMcCoygirl
11-28-2003, 12:41 AM
Well this is kind of a big blow to me. I haven't been able to post here in a while, then to find out all this depressing news! I was hoping for something good to happen! :(

Rain
11-28-2003, 10:33 AM
Im still hoping for something good to happen.....sigh

facelessman
11-28-2003, 11:17 AM
we all are

bobben
11-29-2003, 06:33 AM
Is there anybody that have proof that it really was Mark's brother that said these heartbreaking stuff? Maybe it was a Limp Bizkit-idoit that said it and made up a story to harm us Creed-lover!!??

The Lithium
11-29-2003, 06:36 AM
No one can really proof it, but everybody knows it. Micheal, (Mark brother) is a member of CreedFeed too. I've talked to him myself.

Bridge of Clay
11-29-2003, 02:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-bobben+11-29-2003 08:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bobben @ 11-29-2003 08:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Is there anybody that have proof that it really was Mark's brother that said these heartbreaking stuff? Maybe it was a Limp Bizkit-idoit that said it and made up a story to harm us Creed-lover!!?? [/b][/quote]
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Get real!

facelessman
11-29-2003, 04:26 PM
meh