Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Pearl Jams on the decline and Creed is going up! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Jams on the decline and Creed is going up!

Creeds#1
11-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Here are some TRUE stats!

Statistically speaking, Pearl Jam has seen a steady declinesince the release of its sophomore album, "Vs.," in 1993, which sold 5.69 million copies, followed by 1994's "Vitalogy" (4.54 million), 1996's "No Code" (1.34 million), and 1998's "Yield" (1.48 million), according to SoundScan. To date, Pearl Jam's new album, "Binaural," has sold some 408,000 copies.

Where as Creed has been on a big UP-CLIMB! In comparison, Creed has sold 4.4 million copies of its 1997 debut, "My Own Prison," and has already sold 4 million in 8 months of the release of "Human Clay". There new album Weathered has sold over 8 million copies putting Creed over the 17 million selling list with THREE CD's. Something Pearl Jam hasnt done in FIVE albums...

Unforgiven Fan
11-13-2002, 07:35 PM
we can not judge creed against pearl jam.. they don't mix

TeriB19
11-13-2002, 09:07 PM
**sees Jango come onto the bb, hides under desk to avoid being hit with sarcastic jabs**

Dogstar
11-13-2002, 09:14 PM
And a barrage of PJ ammunition....<----putting on flak jacket and kevlar helmet!

TeriB19
11-13-2002, 09:15 PM
Creed's#1 seems to be asking for some trouble, Jango-style. Some will never learn;) .

Read JDM
11-13-2002, 09:43 PM
I really don't like Pearl Jam much anymore but I don't see where this classifies as "true stats." I mean, Meatloaf probably continues to outsell both bands combined, but I don't see anyone saying that means Meatloaf is better than Pearl Jam and Creed on account of the "true stats" in album sales. Come on. Let's have fun, but let's try and not be so silly.

Creeds#1
11-13-2002, 09:46 PM
Huh- Does no-one remember I hate jango?? He makes fun of my religion...but anyway--- Creed has a bigger fan-base...period.

TeriB19
11-13-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Creeds#1
Huh- Does no-one remember I hate jango?? He makes fun of my religion. I'm seriously hoping that's not the main reason you started this thread.

Dogstar
11-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Record sales alone do not a band make.

And hey, Creeds#1, it's been nice over here. Don't degrade the board, OK? Play nice for a change.:D

RyanC316
11-13-2002, 10:04 PM
My Own Prison has sold over 5 million, Human Clay over 10 million, Weathered over 8 million, and I think if I remember right, Creed has sold about 27 million records world wide, and they are on the top 100 list of most records sold as compiled by the RIAA.

Weathered
11-13-2002, 10:09 PM
hey guys be nice to him...hes just trying to proove that creed has more fans then PJ and that they are also better

TeriB19
11-13-2002, 10:30 PM
I know, Seth, but I'm curious about his intention. I just hope he didn't start this thread just to try to get a rise out of Jango.
<---hoping and trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.........

Said Eyes
11-13-2002, 10:34 PM
That 27 million is how many have been shipped. Actually being sold is another matter. And personally I dont think album sales has anything to do with how good music is.

That and why do you care what the masses listen to? These same people buy the latest Britney Spears albums. They bought Creed's Human Clay because of "that arms with open song..." These are the people who listen to what MTV or VH1 tell them is good.

That and I actually like what Pearl Jam are doing now. Riot Act is nothing like Vs or Ten, but then they've grown and its a good growth. And that doesn't mention how much copies of Ten was actually sold. I thought it was quite a lot.

RyanC316
11-13-2002, 10:50 PM
27 million is roughly how many have been sold. I read it on the RIAA website myself.

Rock radio here in New York doesn't play Pearl Jam stuff. They promote them, give away tickets and such, but don't play the music.

DangerousDan85
11-13-2002, 11:59 PM
What do you mean 27 million is how many they shipped. Human Clay was diamond certified with about 11 million copies sold. My Own Prison has sold over 5 million. Weathered I think has sold 5-7 million copies. I was watching The O'reily factor and he said ovr 30 million but its probably closer to 25-27 million (US alone)

Dogstar
11-14-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by weathered
hey guys be nice to him...hes just trying to proove that creed has more fans then PJ and that they are also better

That's cool, but he likes to fight, and it's not real nice, that's all. You can debate civilly without having to be nasty about. He raised a lot of hell on the other board and I just didn't want to see the return of that.:)

Read JDM
11-14-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by RyanC316
Rock radio here in New York doesn't play Pearl Jam stuff.

What part of NY? And which stations? Because I live 10 minutes outside the city and I can't get away from Pearl Jam on the radio if I tried.

jango
11-15-2002, 04:15 PM
<b>Here are some TRUE stats!

Statistically speaking, Pearl Jam has seen a steady declinesince the release of its sophomore album, "Vs.," in 1993, which sold 5.69 million copies, followed by 1994's "Vitalogy" (4.54 million), 1996's "No Code" (1.34 million), and 1998's "Yield" (1.48 million), according to SoundScan. To date, Pearl Jam's new album, "Binaural," has sold some 408,000 copies. &nbsp;

Where as Creed has been on a big UP-CLIMB! In comparison, Creed has sold 4.4 million copies of its 1997 debut, "My Own Prison," and has already sold 4 million in 8 months of the release of "Human Clay". There new album Weathered has sold over 8 million copies putting Creed over the 17 million selling list with THREE CD's. Something Pearl Jam hasnt done in FIVE albums... </b>

Ah, and sales figures and money is truly indicative of quality music. Gotcha.

Well then, run off now and listen to your Britney Spears cd... go ahead.

Britney Spears' combined platinum total is 26. Creed is 20. Go ahead, listen to Britney Spears, because after all, she is on the "up-climb," and when it comes to music and what's good, sales is all that matters.

After that, put in your favorite Backstreet Boys cd, because they're at 35.

Chase some BSB down with some good ol' N Sync at 26.

But not bands like Nirvana, who only managed 20 when you add the Unplugged album. They just don't stack up to BSB.

You truly are an idiot.

However, according to RIAA the following is true:

Pearl Jam:
Ten - 11
Vitalogy - 5
Vs. - 7
_______

Creed:
MOP - 10
HC - 5
W - 5
_______

It appears that Creed is also on their way out as well. So yes, Pearl Jam has done that in THREE albums, better than Creed. But does it matter? No. Why? Because PJ's music is better, and statistics mean nothing when discussing art.

Dogstar
11-15-2002, 05:07 PM
LMAO, Jango. It's true, numbers don't equal quality. There is so much garbage that sells 100 times more than the truly good music, such as the ones you mentioned above. There's no accouting for taste, that's for sure.

TeriB19
11-15-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by jango
Ah, and sales figures and money is truly indicative of quality music. Gotcha. &nbsp;

Well then, run off now and listen to your Britney Spears cd... go ahead. &nbsp;
sales is all that matters.
You truly are an idiot.

It appears that Creed is also on their way out as well. &nbsp;and statistics mean nothing when discussing art.
Jango, you truly speak your mind and that is a very admirable quality. And might I add, that you were kind in your post, considering the entire thread was meant to bait you. Kudos! As always, you have my respect.

Creeds#1
11-15-2002, 06:06 PM
Heres a fact- before you spout of your mouth check the stats- PJ at the highest is at 19 mill and creed is at 27

Dogstar
11-15-2002, 06:20 PM
Creeds#1, give up the fantasy, you can't win, resistance is futile!

Creeds#1
11-15-2002, 06:22 PM
lmao

jango
11-15-2002, 06:24 PM
Well, I'm getting my stats from the RIAA which certifies the albums. I suggest you check those.

Regardless... stats and figures mean nothing. Crappy bands have sold a lot. Get over it.

Said Eyes
11-16-2002, 03:15 AM
Robocop had this to say about RyanC316 and DangerousDan85
27 million is wha?
Well I was under the impression that the RIAA certifications, ie. platinum, gold etc, were about how many CDs were shipped. Thats why you get some people saying Creed SOLD something like 6 million copies of Human Clay. Shipping and selling are two different things.

www.RIAA.com came out of the closet to say:
RIAA's certification levels are based on unit shipments

For the number of titles sold, you might wanna check soundscan.

Which I just did now, and it looks like Human Clay is at 10.2 million from soundscan, so I just don't know what to think.

And for those interested, according to Soundscan (possilby out of date though),

My Own Prison &nbsp;5.63

Human Clay &nbsp;10.20

Weathered &nbsp; 4.70

Total &nbsp; 20.53

Ten &nbsp; 8.75

VS &nbsp; 5.75

Vitalogy &nbsp; 4.60

No Code &nbsp; 1.36

Yeild &nbsp; 1.52

Binaural &nbsp; 0.70

Total &nbsp; 22.68

TeriB19
11-16-2002, 11:17 AM
Wow, is it REALLY that important? I don't know about the rest of you all, but several months ago after Jango joined the bb and he and I were in a disagreement, I believe we found that agreeing to disagree worked best for us. It wasn't that hard for us to do, can't we have that as the rule of thumb? Or do we have to keep having this same inane argument?

Creeds#1
11-16-2002, 01:13 PM
NO KIDDING SAID EYES!!! You made my point- Look at there first 3, albums. We beat them...

In SIX albums- yes they beat us! But they have THREE more!

Dogstar
11-16-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Wow, is it REALLY that important? I don't know about the rest of you all, but several months ago after Jango joined the bb and he and I were in a disagreement, I believe we found that agreeing to disagree worked best for us. It wasn't that hard for us to do, can't we have that as the rule of thumb? Or do we have to keep having this same inane argument?

Amen.

jango
11-16-2002, 04:27 PM
NO KIDDING SAID EYES!!! You made my point- Look at there first 3, albums. We beat them...

I'd love to agree to disagree, put this disgrace of a human being keeps posting bs like this.

First, who is 'we'? You don't make the music.

Second, there's NO competition.

Sales figures does not equal talent.

Creeds#1
11-16-2002, 04:32 PM
Jango- your head is upp your ***! What do you think YOU STAND HERE WITH ME is about...at almost every concert Scott Stapp talks about how the fans are as much as the band as they are....get a clue jackass

TeriB19
11-16-2002, 05:27 PM
And exactly how many people, do you think, play for both teams? I would venture to guess that the majority of the people on this bb like both Creed and PJ. Sure, not all, but a good many, I would think. You don't either like one or the other. And last I heard, Stapp/Tremonti wrote the music, Creed actually plays it, and you just sit in the crowd and cheer. Sure, Stand Here With Me is a great song about the dedication of the fans, but it's not an Us Vs. Them thing. Put it to rest. This is not an argument that can be won or lost, it's an OPINION! Please.

Read JDM
11-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Put it to rest. This is not an argument that can be won or lost, it's an OPINION! Please.

I agree with this 100%, except for the part about putting it to rest. This argument's just heating up. I'd love to see where it goes. :devil:

jango
11-16-2002, 07:31 PM
Well it's not going to go anywhere. C#1 continually posts irrational statements that only reveal his sheer idiocy. I will discontinue my argument regarding this matter. I've said my .02.

Furthermore, I apologize to the C-F members who had to read these posts. I fell for his bait and tried using logic. Rather than instilling some form of reasoning, I only caused uproar. I apologize.

Read JDM
11-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Come on. One more page of tit-for-tat. That's all I ask.

Said Eyes
11-16-2002, 10:36 PM
Creeds#1 decided to spread idiocy by posting

We? Them? I'd also like to echo statements above about people liking both bands, and it not being a competition.

Jango was too submissive in his
I apologize to the C-F members who had to read these posts.
Don't apologize man, village idiot up there should be. Back yourself up too, because if everyone is all lovey duvey and agreeing, then whats the point of a forum? 5 pages of people agreeing? Where's the conflict, where's the life?

If Creeds#1 decides to post drivel about album sales and you have a different opinion, dont hold back.

flynn
11-17-2002, 01:05 AM
this arguement is ridiculous!!!!

first off, pearl jam if pearl jam had released black from ten as a single... that album would have sold soooo much more.

they chose not too.

if they had chosen to make videos for vitalogy or vs... or released hail hail from no code as a single instead of who you are... all of those albums would have sold much more as well.

it seems, all of this is about marketing. pearl jam just happened to chose a way to make music without doing interviews and making videos on moutain tops...

just a thought.

Dogstar
11-17-2002, 01:15 AM
It is ridiculousl. Numbers never tell the whole story, so this whole thing is pointless. I love both bands and I'm just happy they're making good music.

flynn
11-17-2002, 01:17 AM
i agree!

Xterminator27
11-17-2002, 01:19 AM
<b>Here are some TRUE stats!

Statistically speaking, Pearl Jam has seen a steady declinesince the release of its sophomore album, "Vs.," in 1993, which sold 5.69 million copies, followed by 1994's "Vitalogy" (4.54 million), 1996's "No Code" (1.34 million), and 1998's "Yield" (1.48 million), according to SoundScan. To date, Pearl Jam's new album, "Binaural," has sold some 408,000 copies. &nbsp;

Where as Creed has been on a big UP-CLIMB! In comparison, Creed has sold 4.4 million copies of its 1997 debut, "My Own Prison," and has already sold 4 million in 8 months of the release of "Human Clay". There new album Weathered has sold over 8 million copies putting Creed over the 17 million selling list with THREE CD's. Something Pearl Jam hasnt done in FIVE albums... </b>

Uhh my own prison sold 6 million copys not 4.4, Human clay went 10x platnum and weathered is 5x plantum... IN THE US .. world wide weathered is over the 13x platnum mark. and i have no idea about the other 2 cds

Creed has actually sold over 24 million copys in 3 Cds... HOWEVER Shania Twain sold 32 Million copys in ONE cd... Dose that mean shes better than creed?
Depends who your talking to

TeriB19
11-17-2002, 10:57 AM
Damn, X, you make an excellent point. Just because one person/group/duo/etc. sells more, it doesn't make them any better or any worse a performer. It's just how a PERSON feels about the band, group, etc. IT'S AN OPINION.

Read JDM
11-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I love both bands and I'm just happy they're making good music.

You might want to add "case closed" to that. You said it as well as anyone.

Dogstar
11-17-2002, 03:34 PM
:) Thank you.