Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Taproot and Chevelle [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Taproot and Chevelle

Read JDM
11-11-2002, 10:32 PM
Two CDs I started listening to this past weekend are "Welcome" by Taproot and "Wonder What's Next" by Chevelle. Much to my astonishment, Amazon.com recommends buying one with the other (I thought it was ironic, considering how I bought them on the same day and all), so I thought I'd combine them in this thread. Here are my suggestions for starting points:

By Taproot, download the song "Poem." It rocks so awesomely.

By Chevelle, download the song "The Red." It's their single.

I don't have the CD covers with me right now, otherwise I'd look up the names of the other songs I really like on those albums. I'll let you guys know. But download those songs! They rule!

PaulMcCoygirl
11-11-2002, 10:57 PM
I agree! I'm dowlaoding Poem right now and I already downloaded The Red by Chevelle. All I can say is AWESOME!!!!:jam:

Mulletman
11-12-2002, 12:32 PM
i cant stand taproot. to be honest with you the only song from taproot ive heard is poem and i hate it.

chevelle on the other hand is great. i love The Red and i recomend Closure.

Read JDM
11-12-2002, 02:21 PM
I'm surprised you don't like Poem, Mulletman, but if 1 out of 2 bands ain't bad then so be it. Chevelle rules.

jango
11-12-2002, 09:31 PM
I like "The Red." Haven't heard anything else from them, lack of interest? Maybe.

Taproot is horrid.

Steve
11-12-2002, 09:33 PM
I like "Poem" by Taproot, and I like a few of their older songs... "I", "Again and Again"... but I've downloaded the entire new CD with "Poem" on it and it was completely awful.

Chevelle... I am really diggin' "The Red" - it's catchy and just a great tune... I also haven't heard anything else by them... I'm wondering if their album is filled with filler songs because I bought their first CD because I liked "Point #1" and the whole rest of the CD was crap. I think I'll download some songs from them before buying their new CD.

jango
11-12-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Steve
I think I'll download some songs from them before buying their new CD.

My entire purchasing philosophy in a nutshell.

Steve
11-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Well, that's my purchasing philosophy now... last CD I bought on blind faith (besides Creed, finger eleven, and Nickelback) was Seether and probably that old old Chevelle CD... I usually always download songs first. (The old Chevelle CD was only $4.99 and it wasn't my money, so it's ok :) )

Read JDM
11-12-2002, 10:17 PM
I've listened to the whole new Chevelle album and I believe a good number of the songs are worthy of a listen even if not a buy. Several of them are the kind of songs that will grow on you after 2-3 times, but I definitely think it's an above-average CD (and I expect my opinion will improve some as I really start to get into it). Right now, I think the songs I like best other than The Red are as follows:

Family System
Comfortable Liar
Send the Pain Below
One Lonely Visitor

How's the rest of that Seether album, by the by? I love the single and am curious to hear the rest, but I haven't gotten around to downloading anything yet.

Steve
11-13-2002, 12:09 AM
It's decent. I don't think I'd buy it if the price wasn't $6.99 when I got it. I like the song "Needles" - if you listen to it a few times the songs grow on you - it's definately not a CD that simply caught my ears after listening to it once.

luvscott4ever
11-13-2002, 12:15 AM
I know, a buddy of mine at work had me listen to it at work one day..he said he wasn't too impressed...I gave it a listen and thought it was ok...but I don't remember too much of it anymore, haven't listened to it since then, and I've sort of forgotten what it was like!! :)

Dogstar
11-13-2002, 06:22 AM
Don't much like either one. And I'm sick of the Chevelle song. Way too much airplay. I've been switching to another station when it comes on.

Mulletman
11-13-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
I've listened to the whole new Chevelle album and I believe a good number of the songs are worthy of a listen even if not a buy. Several of them are the kind of songs that will grow on you after 2-3 times, but I definitely think it's an above-average CD (and I expect my opinion will improve some as I really start to get into it). Right now, I think the songs I like best other than The Red are as follows:

Family System
Comfortable Liar
Send the Pain Below
One Lonely Visitor

How's the rest of that Seether album, by the by? I love the single and am curious to hear the rest, but I haven't gotten around to downloading anything yet.

i wasnt to partial to family system, but i do highly recomend to those that was wodering about the Chevelle CD to check out Closure. its one of my favs and i think that yall will like it.

Read JDM
11-13-2002, 09:51 PM
After listening for several days now, the Chevelle CD is solidly stuck in my head -- especially Comfortable Liar. Anyone who tossed it aside after the first one or two spins would be highly advised to crank the volume up and give it another try. This CD grows on you.

Mulletman
11-14-2002, 09:35 PM
yea good song