Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Interesting, Revealing Interview W/scott [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting, Revealing Interview W/scott

Frankie
10-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Found by Zhoya from CreedPit

Scott Stapp Interview (http://www.thebiofile.com/articles/stories/67209665.php)

Interviewed on September 15th, 2003 following the NY Giants/Dallas Cowboys football game.

Get 2 Know Creed vocalist Scott Stapp!
Posted by: Scoop Malinowski - 10/03/2003

The BIOFILE Scott Stapp
By Scoop Malinowski

Ht: 5-10 Wt: 145
Born On: August 8, 1975 In: Orlando, FL

Childhood Heroes: "Walter Payton, Bono, Elvis and Troy Aikman."

Hobbies/Interests: "I love sports, basketball, baseball, football, music. I love to write. I'm not on like one side or the other - like athlete/musician. I was always one of those people who liked both sides, the arts and sports."

Favorite Movies: "Oh man, American Movie. It's one of my favorite films of all-time."

Favorite TV Shows: "I like, right now, I like that new show on ESPN - Playmakers [smiles]. I like Fox & Friends. And then just ESPN all the time."

Early Music Memory: "When I realized that I finally found three guys (in about 1995), that believed in me and understood that if you believe and you have passion and you go, other people will feed off that."

Favorite Meal: "My favorite meal, man, ...my mom's spaghetti and meatballs."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Heath Bar, Breyers."

Pre-Performance Feeling: "I'm really nervous...that I'm not gonna live up to the standards that I've set for myself. And so it takes until the fourth or fifth song until I feel comfortable."

First Car: "1973 Datsun B210. Mustard yellow. The paint wiped off with your fingers [smiles]."

First Job(s): "I was a handyman, like a carpenter's assistant (age 10). I was also a cook at TGI Friday's. And oyster shucker at Barnacle Bill's Seafood Emporium in Tallahassee."

Greatest Career Moment: "Hoo, man. Greatest moment of my career...realizing that it's not about Mark (Tremonti) and Flip (Scott Phillips) and me. It's about a feeling. And all we do is be ourselves. And we represent that feeling. So that doesn't give us any self-importance...we're just representing that feeling that everyone else wanted us to. So, it's way bigger than us. We're just pieces in a puzzle, you know?"

Most Painful Moment: "There's been a few, man. Realizing that all everybody gave a damn about was how much money I could make. And didn't give a damn about my health or me as a person. Put my life in jeopardy because of money. Basically when I realized (that) everything around was fake. The only thing that anyone cared about was me being able to make money at all costs. Even at the expense of me as a human being and my health."
Funny Career Memory: "My pants have ripped in the back and I've had to turn around and show the whole audience what was going on [smiles]. It was funny."

Musical Tastes: "I don't really listen to music. Because it has become something I do for a living...I analyze it and stuff. You know? So I just listen to the same stuff I listened to a long time ago...like U2, Otis Redding, just all the old Metallica, Slayer, John Fogerty, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, all that stuff."

Favorite Vacation Spot: "Maui."

Childhood Dream: "Professional athlete. I wanted to be a quarterback in football, a shortstop in baseball and a point guard in basketball."

People Qualities Most Admired: "Honesty. Integrity. Real."

Family: Son, Jagger.

Career Accomplishments: Creed's debut album "My Own Prison" sold six-million albums. Their next "Human Clay" debuted number one on the Billboard charts and sold ten-million. Creed's third album "Weathered" also debuted number one and sold more copies in its first week than any other rock release in 2001.

Blaize
10-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Thanks for posting that Frankie!!!
I love Playmakers on ESPN, he does have good taste lol.....
The rest of it, very touching and I am glad he realized all those things before his health was too damaged to be healed!!!!

Kim V.
10-27-2003, 10:59 PM
Thanks so much for posting that, Frankie! Great insightful info; the part that got to me the most was the part in bold print; poor guy, no wonder he finds it hard to trust people and be more people-friendly... he probably has to wonder if everyone that gets close to him is interested in his money, not just for him.....

facelessman
10-27-2003, 11:06 PM
wow...thanks

Dogstar
10-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Nice read, thanks a bunch!

hide
10-27-2003, 11:40 PM
cool that was a great read never seen that before it would be shocking not been able to trust people. and not listening to much music because he analyses it i cannot imagine going without a day listening to at least one song and discovering new groups.

VillageWolf
10-27-2003, 11:50 PM
Very nice. thnx
It was a very interesting article. And the highlighted area... yep. *nods knowingly* Its a shame. Sad but true.

(Aug. 8, 1975? ...75? I know I know... I sweat the small stuff. :P hehe)

Dogstar
10-28-2003, 12:00 AM
LOL, Village Wolf. I noticed that, too...Hide, I'm with you. I can't imagine going a day without listening to music, new or old, job or not. Music is SUCH a huge part of my life.

SmilinSkullRing
10-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Awesome he likes John Fogerty! :jam:

facelessman
10-28-2003, 12:06 AM
that thing with analzing music happens to me too...ive taken many music theory classes, but that doesnt stop me from listening to it

hide
10-28-2003, 12:41 AM
i find it hard just to sit back and enjoy a song sometime as well but i still can't imagine going by without listening to my old favs and new ones as well!

DangerousDan85
10-28-2003, 01:18 AM
my dad's favorite ice cream is Heath Bar also

lol

Dogstar
10-28-2003, 01:59 AM
That flavor rules! Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch is sick! I love it.

e_stapp
10-28-2003, 09:33 AM
hey, he was born in 1975 or 73?

DSDTonya
10-28-2003, 09:55 AM
hey, he was born in 1975 or 73?

1973 :)

Thanks-this was nice to read!

Julbright
10-28-2003, 10:37 AM
thanks for posting that? I noticed the b-day thing too - and the weight - I am a stappaholic but I think 145 is a little bit on the low side - unless he has gotten into incredible shape since we last saw him - 5' 10" 145 is pretty darn slim - isn't it??

I do feel for the guy - I believe the weathered tour was a horrible experience for him - that is sad

and I bet he tries not to listen to music when they are in the writing recording process so as to not be influenced but other bands - I think I heard him say that before about either HC or Weathered - lest they be called copycats or compared to other bands (i.e. PJ, etc.)

DSDTonya
10-28-2003, 11:11 AM
5' 10" 145 is pretty darn slim - isn't it??

yeh-I think it is too? hmmmmmm

Blaize
10-28-2003, 12:03 PM
yeah I agree, 5'10" & 145 lbs is rather slim..

It was a great little interview and it's awesome that he took the time to do it.
He has mentioned before that he doesn't listen to alot of music other than the older stuff and I can see the point of that, but at the same time I can't fathom being without my music.

I do feel for the guy - I believe the weathered tour was a horrible experience for him - that is sad

Yes, that is sad...Hopefully though, it will make him the stronger man in the end.....
I can't imagine going through all he went through while being in the public eye and having to try to deal with all of it with some of sort of dignity.

DSDTonya
10-28-2003, 12:27 PM
WONDERFULLY SAID BLAIZE!!! :bow2:

Sheila63
10-28-2003, 12:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Blaize+10-28-2003 12:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Blaize @ 10-28-2003 12:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I can't imagine going through all he went through while being in the public eye and having to try to deal with all of it with some of sort of dignity. [/b][/quote]
Thanks for posting the interview, Frankie. :D

Blazie, I agree, I can't imagine what it must be like for him either. I really feel for him.

devils_here
10-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Thanks for posting that Frankie :D
I agree with most of you. I couldn't go without music. I even have music playing when I have the TV on :P

Ann Allusion
10-28-2003, 07:51 PM
5' 10" 145 is pretty darn slim - isn't it??

ummm, not really...maybe it's just his body type..some people are prone to stay slimmer than others...;)

thanks for the post.

creedsister
11-01-2003, 07:29 PM
yeap thats true....who cares anyways....vanity sucks And for those who are worry about it ....dont eat at nite drink grapefruit juice...and avoid the little debbies......peace

Kim V.
11-01-2003, 08:51 PM
So true, I've said it before as well, having the difficult time Stapp had during 2002 especially, and then having it all out there for the world to see....it's not easy, and everyone has a breaking point (if they're human, anyway!) Only by God's grace do you get through it all and try your best to move on.... peace......

Charmin
11-14-2003, 10:40 AM
I saw this at the Pit, and I believe I do detect a little unhappiness with management.

Maybe that's the reason for Scott Stapp Entertainment :)

Charmin

truth
11-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Or perhaps Scott has grown increasingly paranoid?

JenRN
11-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Ok I am a little freaked out now. My favorite icecream is the same and I make KILLER speghetti and meatballs. Sometimes the things I read about him really freak me out, we have a lot in common, FOX NEWS! :D :D Oh boy, now I would REALLY like to sit down and shoot the breeze with him, I bet we would be the best of friends! ;)