Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed's new album in Sept/ is it really going to take that long? please write to me [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed's new album in Sept/ is it really going to take that long? please write to me

shagsta5150
10-12-2003, 02:50 AM
ok Creed is in the studio right now from what i hear is it really going to take them all the way to september for there new album thats a long frekin time how is that possible some tell me?? even weathered didn't take that long to me they started in july and came out in Nov

TeriB19
10-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Because they are rehearsing and writing the new songs. The wrote the songs for Weathered in an exceptionally quick period of time. This next one is not going to come as quickly.

facelessman
10-12-2003, 11:28 AM
for good reason

Steve
10-12-2003, 12:32 PM
They are not in the studio as far as I know. They said they wouldn't hit the studio till January.

luvscott4ever
10-12-2003, 01:34 PM
I heard January for the studio too. I don't care how long it takes, They are WORTH the wait!!! :D :dancing:

musicmind226
10-12-2003, 05:22 PM
How do you know creed is in the studio now? Like other have said, january. However, if this is true that great. It's not going to be such a rushed album compared to weathered, and it will give time for mark to put some sreddige on his guitar, and wether or not he also doing the bass, it could be decent sounding this time.

benkenobi
10-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Yes, for a great record we might have to tough it out until next September. And yes, the guys did write/record Weathered a whole lot quicker, but I'm guessing they don't want to be rushed like that again. I personally want them to take all the time they need to make a great record!!! :D

JenRN
10-13-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by benkenobi
Yes, for a great record we might have to tough it out until next September. And yes, the guys did write/record Weathered a whole lot quicker, but I'm guessing they don't want to be rushed like that again. I personally want them to take all the time they need to make a great record!!! :D
Me too...... good things come to those who wait!;)

The Lithium
10-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Hey, what's up with the board??

Mr.CreedFreakTN
10-13-2003, 09:36 AM
Personally I loved Weathered. Their are some bands that spend almost a whole year writing new material that never has one hit on it. Weathered would have had at least two more other than Weathered, Don't Stop Dancing and , My Sacrifice. I would not be ashamed of that album at all. Oh yeah how many million copies did it sell.........

Marty
10-13-2003, 10:21 AM
To make a good album, doesn't take to long. To make a awesome album, takes a while. Good things don't come out of short times.
________
Zoloft Prilosec Nexium (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

Sheila63
10-13-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
Personally I loved Weathered. Their are some bands that spend almost a whole year writing new material that never has one hit on it.  Weathered would have had at least two more other than Weathered, Don't Stop Dancing and , My Sacrifice. I would not be ashamed of that album at all. Oh yeah how many million copies did it sell.........

I love Weathered too, Mr. TN. It might have been done quickly, but I really enjoy the cd just like I enjoy the others. I was listening to it just a little while ago as a matter of fact.:D

musicmind226
10-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Here's some food for thought, and not that I am not bashing creed.

What would you rather have, quality or quantity?

Does the number of album sales ultimately determine how good the band is?

In all honestly, NOT in the least bit.

You want a quality album right? Not something that rushed and have 4 good songs with it. Here's my opioion of weathered. Sure, it was a great record, but it was meerly rehased meterial to fulfill a contract requirement. One last breath, my sacrafice, stand here with me, and DSD were just rehased from higher and WAWO. There was very little evolution, and what little evolution there was, was due to whos got my back and hide.

BigBassDrummer
10-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Mark said in the interview from Dallas the other day that they would hopefully be going into the studio in Feb. or March. So, it might not take as long as you think from when they actually go into the studio. I assume they haven't gotten all the practicing down yet and that's why they've put it off from January. He also said they are hoping to do some New Year's shows before they hit the studio. Now, THAT would be awesome to hear some new stuff before its released! With Weathered, no one heard ANYTHING until My Sacrifice was aired on the radio...

Bridge of Clay
10-13-2003, 06:21 PM
ugh... DSD is a really gay song... lol! I'm quoting Sal.

anyway...they set a place to rehearse and write new stuff, not a place to record a new album. That's what Mark said.

Mark already wrote new songs that are enough for 2 albums. Now he has to jam with Stapp and see how they can blend it to his poetry.

Jez
10-14-2003, 03:01 AM
From CreedINK newsletter that arrived in my inbox on 10-11-03

Dear CreedINK member,

CreedINK Vol. 1, No. 4 will mark the end of the first year of the Creed fan club. The band would like all of their fans to know that they appreciate each and every member for supporting Creed by way of the fan club.

Unfortunately, shipment of the fourth issue of CreedINK magazine has been delayed. This delay is a result of changes in final production of the magazine in order for it to meet the standards set forth by the band and CreedINK. Creed feels that all fans and club members deserve the highest quality of product possible. We would like to thank all of you for your patience and understanding in this delay.
The band is currently rehearsing and beginning the songwriting process for the next album.
Stay tuned to CreedINK.com for updates.

Thank you.

CreedINK

So yeah.....they're writing and rehearsing...but not yet recording. Not that my 2 cents is worth anything, but as I've said before, I really think we're going to see this album way before it's "scheduled" to be released.

With Weathered, no one heard ANYTHING until My Sacrifice was aired on the radio...
That's not exactly true because they let listeners in on a "sneak listen" on the Creed Pager.

I hope that their marketing/promotions people are just as good this next time around and we'll have something just as special to look forward to next year.

JenRN
10-14-2003, 08:59 AM
I wonder if they are going to REALLY put out the DVD this Christmas or if they will just stick it in with the new CD? I know that MUST put out something soon, it is the "thing" to do seeing every other band has them out but them:mad: I also wonder why the hell is it so hard to find Creed stuff in stores etc... I know you can go to Bandrags etc to buy things but why is it so damn hard to get stickers etc... elsewhere?:mad:

Blaize
10-14-2003, 12:58 PM
I really think we're going to see this album way before it's "scheduled" to be released.
I think so too Stace....I think they are ready to get the show on the road and will do their best to speed up the process. You can tell Mark really misses performing for thousands of people and Flip is probably ready to bang the hell out of the drums night after night as well.....

creednet-x
10-15-2003, 04:22 PM
I think Weathered was alright album but not as good as MOP, or HC. But it is a very long time till the next September. I wish they could release B-side album or something else maybe a DVD. Look at REM they have Greatest Hits "In Time" comming out this October and in 2004 they will have a new album. And that really rocks because we can hear some new song on the Greatest Hits album. So yeah if CREED would do something like that that would rock! :rolleyes:

bobben
10-18-2003, 08:50 AM
Human Clay is one of the greatest albums ever! Then Weathered, and last, My Own Prison.... After making these brilliant albums, I can't imagine how they're gonna make a new album that's as good as their three other album! How the new album is gonna turn out is a question for philosofists!!! :blink: