Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Hey bearfan... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Hey bearfan...

ryloz58
10-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Is Pujols a free agent this year? I've people say he is and he isnt. Just wondering

RMadd
10-10-2003, 07:44 PM
I'm honestly not sure as to Pujols status. I know this past season he signed a 1-year contract, but because of his lack of experience (only 3 years under his belt), I think the Cardinals still own the rights to him to match contract offers... if that is, in fact, a baseball negotiation rule (sometimes I get all the rules and terms from various sports confused). I have no reason to believe, however, that he would look to signing elsewhere, even New York. Obviously, next year, he will make more than the $900,000 he made this past season. It'd be a shame for the Cards to part ways with him. Might as well dump Tino (unhappy, never did really well) or JD (good player, but injured too much), or all the pitching staff (save MattyMo, Woody, Izzy, Kline, and Eldred) to make room for him. I must admit the Cubbies are smart in the way they handle their farm system; they've got all these young, talented players (and others that spent little time there, like Wood and Prior, that are just naturally gifted) coming up. The Cards' farm system is among the worst in the league b/c Jocketty and the owners take the win-now approach.

facelessman
10-11-2003, 01:45 AM
looks like we have another baseball fan here!:banana: