Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
A poll [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : A poll

HeadachyMatt
10-09-2003, 06:19 PM
well i'm pretty sure creed would top mosts llists if i included them, so i'm asking which of these bands is your favorite, they are all less than 10 years old

LINKIN PARK (i think they have perfected rap/rock, nice meaningful lyrics, i'd say a hard vesion of creed)

SALIVA (not a huge fan of the first album, but the second one is perfect, Always is a great song, Saliva seems to be showing the true virtues of a hard rock band)

GOOD CHARLOTTE (don't care what you say, these guys have got it, and great presence and 2 great cd's.)

PUDDLE OF MUDD (Finally!!! a modern rock band that knows how to right songs, the first album by this group is a perfect set of songs, they show there talents with a hardcore song "control" and a emotional song "blurry")

NICKELBACK (proved they aren't one hit wonders, after the success of "how you remind me" they pulled back with 2 even better songs, "too bad" and "someday" )

i'd have to pick Puddle of Mudd, if there 2nd album is anything liek the first, i could see these guys sticking around for a LONG time

JulieCitySlicker
10-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Linkin Park:dancing:
I've never heard anything from Good Charlotte

Dogstar
10-09-2003, 07:10 PM
I don't like any of them :D.

Lechium
10-09-2003, 07:18 PM
2HeadachyMatt: why didnt you just call yoru list "shit MTV pushed down our thoats 24/7"? no offence, but...
recent bands? well dredg, QOTSA, Dandy Warhols, Gorillaz, Mars Volta and some others I cant think of right now.

Steve
10-09-2003, 07:20 PM
The only band in that list I really like is Nickelback.

Lechium
10-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by HeadachyMatt
<b>they show there talents with a hardcore song "control" </b>
hardcore is a subtype of punk rock. versy fast loud and chaotic. 'control' was a very ordinary song with extroordinary bad lyrics.

JulieCitySlicker
10-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
<b>2HeadachyMatt: why didnt you just call yoru list "shit MTV pushed down our thoats 24/7"? no offence, but...
recent bands? well dredg, QOTSA, Dandy Warhols, Gorillaz, Mars Volta and some others I cant think of right now. </b>

You still don't have a single thing nice to say:rolleyes: Why am I not surprised

DangerousDan85
10-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Linkin Park, i like a few of their songs, but i'm just sick of them

Saliva, terrible band name, haven't really liked anything i've heard from them, the Click Click Boom video was good for laughing at

Good Charlotte, annoying as hell, their songs make me nauseous, almost as much as John Mayer

Puddle of Sh*t, nuff said

Nickelback, i like em

JenRN
10-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Steve
The only band in that list I really like is Nickelback.
Me too!

Lechium
10-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
You still don't have a single thing nice to say:rolleyes: &nbsp;Why am I not surprised
hard to say anothign about list as 'outstanding' as his/hers... what do you expect me to say?
I have a lot of nice things to say, and I do, too bad that there are very few target for such things around here.

HeadachyMatt
10-09-2003, 10:36 PM
u already said stuff, you dont want to seem unoriginal do you hehe

ahh good old puddle of mudd hehehehe

hide
10-09-2003, 11:11 PM
i'm going to guess your quite young because all of those bands are the so called "MTV rocks bands". I like Nickelback and Linkin Park is okay but Good Charlotte's talents levels are laughably low sorry. Try these on for size:

Pearl Jam
Tool
Radiohead
Third Day (christian band)
Submersed(sought of Creed side-project)
anything by Troy Stetina
Temple of the Dog
Virgos
Mad Season
Stone Gossard
Bad Radio

HeadachyMatt
10-10-2003, 12:01 AM
well i jsut wanted to name newer bands, those bands are old

puddle of mudd isnt mtv, sorry

Dogstar
10-10-2003, 01:25 AM
Hide's just trying to get you to expand your musical mind a little, HeadachyMatt. I've been exposed to a lot more music through this message board and others, stuff that doesn't necessarily get played on the radio. The music industry is one incestuous club of late, on all fronts, video, record label, concert venues and radio. There are many, many talented bands getting shut out of the mainstream channels because they don't fit the *formula* the industry people say will translate into big bucks. Some of the early 90s music broke some ground and others simply took what came before them and put their own twist on it. The bands he or she (don't know if you're male or female, hide :D) cites are some dang good bands, lyrically and musically.

hide
10-10-2003, 02:22 AM
yeah i'm male I don't want to sound like an elitist here at all . Most of my favourite bands come from the early 90's because honestly music hasen't being the same since. There have being good bands eg: collective soul, our lady peace, seven mary three and of course Creed since but the early 90's was fantastic. Nirvana are overated for me but still fantastic even just for Cobain's energy and Grohl's drumming.

Most of the bands I listed are still making music and believe me you can have a lot of fun discovering older bands such as the Doors, Neil Young, The Who, Led Zepplin etc:

If you want something a little different try the Mars Volta.

hide
10-10-2003, 02:32 AM
do you like Audioslave at all they are a new band that is preddy good? They are not terribly original but Morello is fantastic and you can't go past Cornell.

hide
10-10-2003, 02:39 AM
okay i would recommend at least trying to get into the bands that are friends of Creed and those the band are into as well as groups that they have played with or produced for eg:

Sevendust
Submersed
Troy Stetina Project
Exottica
Symphony X
The Colour Green
Big Dismal

Dogstar
10-10-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by hide
[B] Most of &nbsp;the bands I listed are still making music and believe me you can have a lot of fun discovering older bands such as the Doors, Neil Young, The Who, Led Zepplin etc: &nbsp;

Heh, now you're talking. That's the stuff I grew up with! :D.

hide
10-10-2003, 06:40 AM
oh you must be a bit older then me! LOL for some reason i thought you must be like me grew up in the seattle years.

HeadachyMatt
10-10-2003, 11:19 AM
hide, dogstar

the bands i listent arent even my favorites, i was just naming newer bands that i liked

my top 5 bands are

5. Black Sabbath
4. Ozzy Osbourne
3. Nirvana
2. Guns N' Roses
1. Creed

i also like aerosmith, the eagles, zepplin, clash, CCR, Meatloaf, ext

i love all rock, those bands are hardly my favorites

except puddle of mudd, who are my #6 band, love them

love audioslave

did u notice when i started the poll, i mentioned they were all less than 10 years old, that was my point

Dogstar
10-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Hehehehe, yes, hide, I figured I might be a tad older than you ;). I really took to the early 90s music, though :D...HeadachyMatt, that's cool, I didn't know all that before I sounded off, LOL. I apologize if I came off as a music snob or something. No malice was intended :D.

HeadachyMatt
10-10-2003, 12:12 PM
hehe its cool

RMadd
10-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Linkin Park all the way, followed by Good Charlotte. LP's got some cool, meaningful lyrics. I hate Nickelback, though. I only really like "Someday", "Too Bad", and "Never Again". The rest of their music is dull, predictable, and sick.

DangerousDan85
10-10-2003, 01:37 PM
sick? :lol:

RMadd
10-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
sick? :lol:

"Figured You Out" comes to mind right away. Just kind of blatantly immature. If I want that, I'll listen to rap.

velocityidp
10-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
hard to say anothign about list as 'outstanding' as his/hers... what do you expect me to say?
I have a lot of nice things to say, and I do, too bad that there are very few target for such things around here.

Good grief... You always sound so aloof. get over yourself.

Lechium
10-10-2003, 09:07 PM
im way over myself
just gotta be a jerk sometimes, you know lol

DangerousDan85
10-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by BearFan
<b>"Figured You Out" comes to mind right away. &nbsp;Just kind of blatantly immature. &nbsp;If I want that, I'll listen to rap. </b>

or Good Charlotte

JulieCitySlicker
10-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by velocityidp
Good grief... You always sound so aloof. get over yourself. Hey, your talking about a person who has the social stamina of a paper plate here;)

Siana
10-11-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Linkin Park:dancing:
I've never heard anything from Good Charlotte

i've listened to 2 or 3 songs...nothing special...

RMadd
10-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
or Good Charlotte

But certaintly not to the extent that Nickelback is.

katzthatsme
10-13-2003, 04:43 PM
nickelback is pretty good the others suck

SmilinSkullRing
10-25-2003, 04:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-HeadachyMatt+10-09-2003 05:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HeadachyMatt @ 10-09-2003 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> well i'm pretty sure creed would top mosts llists if i included them, so i'm asking which of these bands is your favorite, they are all less than 10 years old

LINKIN PARK (i think they have perfected rap/rock, nice meaningful lyrics, i'd say a hard vesion of creed)

SALIVA (not a huge fan of the first album, but the second one is perfect, Always is a great song, Saliva seems to be showing the true virtues of a hard rock band)

GOOD CHARLOTTE (don't care what you say, these guys have got it, and great presence and 2 great cd's.)

PUDDLE OF MUDD (Finally!!! a modern rock band that knows how to right songs, the first album by this group is a perfect set of songs, they show there talents with a hardcore song "control" and a emotional song "blurry")

NICKELBACK (proved they aren't one hit wonders, after the success of "how you remind me" they pulled back with 2 even better songs, "too bad" and "someday" )

i'd have to pick Puddle of Mudd, if there 2nd album is anything liek the first, i could see these guys sticking around for a LONG time [/b][/quote]
Just commenting on the songs you mentioned.

Linkin Park -- I really enjoyed the first album and the second album isn't that bad, but they seem to be sticking to close to the way they were originally. I've lost a lot of interest in LP.

Saliva -- I like a song or two and thought I would like the rest of their music, but needless to say I don't.

Good Charlotte -- They blow chunks! 'Nuff said.

Puddle of Mudd -- I like this group. I hope they stay as a good band.

Nickelback -- I'm pretty tired of this band too. No staying power with me.