Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
LOL Creed mentioned in lawsuit against Limp Bizkit [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : LOL Creed mentioned in lawsuit against Limp Bizkit

Blaize
10-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Frankie posted this over at the pit. Thanks Frankie :)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/...nment-headlines (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/news/celebrity/chi-0310080339oct08,0,4112714.story?coll=sfla-entertainment-headlines)

Irked by short show, fans to file lawsuit against Limp Bizkit

By Greg Kot
Tribune rock critic
Posted October 8 2003

A summer concert in which angry fans pelted Limp Bizkit singer Fred Durst with garbage and routed him from the stage at Hawthorne Race Course in Stickney has prompted a lawsuit against the band that is expected to be filed Wednesday in Cook County Circuit Court.

The breach-of-contract suit seeks damages for at least 165 concertgoers who will claim that top-selling rock/rap act Limp Bizkit instigated the uprising and then left the stage after less than 30 minutes, though they had contracted as part of a multi-act rock concert to play 90 minutes, said Chicago attorney Michael Young.

He said he hopes to get class-action status for the suit, to cover about 40,000 fans who attended the show, which would bring potential damages to $1 million.

The suit is expected to ask that a percentage of the total ticket sales be refunded, or about $25 per patron. Tickets were $75 for the July 26 show headlined by Metallica.

The backdrop for the suit is a long-running feud between Durst and WKQX-101.1 FM disc jockey Mancow Muller. Muller has disparaged Durst on his morning show. The concert was sponsored by Muller's radio station.

According to reports, fans showed up at the show with signs disparaging Durst. The singer responded with signs, shown on giant video screens flanking the stage, that denounced the radio personality with homophobic insults.

Concertgoers greeted Durst's appearance with boos, and the singer and the audience exchanged obscenity-laden taunts. Fans hurled plastic water bottles and debris at the stage. After performing for 30 minutes, Durst exited, though he continued to denounce Muller and the audience for several more minutes over a microphone from behind the stage.

The suit will contend that Durst and not the fans instigated the incident. The legal proceeding originated when Muller invited Young on his radio show after the concert. The disc jockey's Web site includes a description of the concert and gives out Young's office number.

"When I left the station I had no intention of filing a suit, but then people started to call and I realized how upset many of them were that they had paid a lot of money and felt ripped off," Young said.

Durst and his management company could not be reached for comment.

The suit is similar to one filed against the rock band Creed by four fans who accused the band's singer, Scott Stapp, of appearing to be too intoxicated to perform well at a concert in December at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont. A Cook County judge dismissed the $2 million class-action suit last month.

Frankie
10-08-2003, 12:33 PM
You are welcome...I was just on my way here too Blaize...Thanks for taking care of it.
This lawsuit should never fly either...then Fred can thank Scott for fighting and not setting a bad precident.
What goes around comes around Fred.

Blaize
10-08-2003, 12:39 PM
What goes around comes around Fred.
Yes, it sure does!!!!

JulieCitySlicker
10-08-2003, 12:45 PM
I agree Frankie;)
As much as I hate Limp Crap, they shouldn't get suied either. Its the same thing with the Creed lawsuit. When is it gonna end:confused: I think the non Creed fans that started this started a new trend:rolleyes:

Dogstar
10-08-2003, 01:14 PM
This is utterly ridiculous. From that description, it was the fans who instigated it by bringing the signs to the show. And this guy, like the idiots who sued Creed, wants more than the money. He wants his 15 minutes of fame. What a fricken joke. WTF is up with Cook County, LOL ;) j/k...

facelessman
10-08-2003, 02:01 PM
yeah

The Lithium
10-08-2003, 02:24 PM
LOL!!!!!

creedchick02
10-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Right or wrong.....DURST deserves it!!!!!!!!!!;) but then again he loves the publisity;)

musicmind226
10-08-2003, 08:53 PM
When will the bam bitchy law suites stop?

Higher_Desire
10-09-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
... When is it gonna end:confused:  I think the non Creed fans that started this started a new trend:rolleyes:

That's the beauty of living in America, Julie. To every hole, there is a loop-hole. You can always find your way around something, and sue to make up for it. Money fixes everything. Some people do the absolute DUMBEST things, and end up finding a way to sue. Now products must have warnings on them like... (on a table saw) Do not try to stop blade with hands. (on an iron) Remove clothes before ironing/ (on a Superman costume) Wearing of this costume does not enable you to fly.

I think I got a little off track, but what I'm trying to say is that people are idiots and will always find a way around something to get money. Common sense is not common sense to everyone.

Like someone said about the Creed lawsuit (I think it may have been Steve)... A ticket to a show does not guarantee you to see the band. It guarantees you admission to the venue on that day.

<i>"NO ONE'S RIGHT AND NO ONE'S WRONG; IN AMERICA!!!</i> - Creed: In America

H-D

Lechium
10-09-2003, 11:44 AM
yeah yeah
guys you should start a new party called "bands can fuck their fans which ever way they want and get away with it".

Steve
10-09-2003, 11:50 AM
^^

I don't follow your reasoning? You draw that assumption based upon the fact that people disagree with the idea of someone suing a band because the band did not put on a performance up to par of that person's ideals?

Lechium
10-09-2003, 11:54 AM
umm because band did not put a performance on the par with the past ones at least.
concert ticket is a contract, concerts like these are breach of that contract. mcdonalds gets suied for having coffee too hot for fucks sake.

TeriB19
10-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Lechium

concert ticket is a contract, concerts like these are breach of that contract. mcdonalds gets suied for having coffee too hot for fucks sake. No it's not! A concert ticket is an admission into a venue. It is not a guarantee that you'll see a great show for crying out loud. You are living in a dreamworld if you believe that. And the McDonalds lawsuit was another example of frivolous assinine lawsuits.

SCOTTSMYMAN
10-09-2003, 12:52 PM
:rolleyes: here we go again

Mulletman
10-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Breach of contract between ONLY between the act and the promoters. The concert is a luxury, not a necessity.

Steve
10-09-2003, 02:09 PM
Yes, as Mulletman and Teri said, there is no contract between you and the band. The ticket is a "contract," in essence, between you and the venue, providing you admittence to enter the venue and partake in whatever event is being held, nothing more. There is no contract between you and the band (or sports team, or whatever).

Lechium
10-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman
Breach of contract between ONLY between the act and the promoters. The concert is a luxury, not a necessity.
HOLD UP.
If I payed my hard earned money for it than it's not luxury but somethign they MUST provide.
FREE oncert is luxury, $50 one is by no means.

HeadachyMatt
10-09-2003, 06:43 PM
its stupid for all these lawsuits to be happening, i hate fred durst but he shouldn't get sued over a concert

well, i doubt these fans will get any money

Dogstar
10-09-2003, 07:12 PM
HOLD UP.
If I payed my hard earned money for it than it's not luxury but somethign they MUST provide.
FREE oncert is luxury, $50 one is by no means.

I disagree. It's the same as if you attended an art exhibit. You might end up not liking the art, or the artist may not have lived up to your expecations, but you can't get your money back just because you weren't satisfied. You're just paying for admission. What happens after that, good or bad, is a bonus. Interpretation of performance is subjective, even in the situations that seem most obviously bad.

Lechium
10-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I disagree. It's the same as if you attended an art exhibit. You might end up not liking the art, or the artist may not have lived up to your expecations, but you can't get your money back just because you weren't satisfied. You're just paying for admission. What happens after that, good or bad, is a bonus. Interpretation of performance is subjective, even in the situations that seem most obviously bad.
I may not like the art, yeah that's risk I'm willing to take.
If i come, and there are no exibits, cuz artist decided not to bring them, I will ask for my money back and pretty sure I'll get them too.

Steve
10-09-2003, 07:36 PM
In the case of the denied Creed lawsuit, the band played a full setlist. In the case of Limp Bizkit, they played for 30 minutes and only left after things were being thrown at them. They did attempt to perform. I don't blame them for walking off stage after the throwing began. No one should throw stuff at artists up on stage.

Dogstar
10-09-2003, 07:42 PM
I may not like the art, yeah that's risk I'm willing to take.
If i come, and there are no exibits, cuz artist decided not to bring them, I will ask for my money back and pretty sure I'll get them too.

Both bands performed. It wasn't a no-show situation in the literal sense.

HigherGirl
10-09-2003, 10:20 PM
These lawsuits are getting totally ridiculous, Hey can I sue the Chicago Cubs if they don't win the series???
Gimme a BREAK!!!!
Durst is a DORK to begin with...Fans CAN expect that behaviour from him..

JulieCitySlicker
10-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Ya, and I should go sue the restaurant jack in the box cuz the last thing I ate there about made me wanna puke:rolleyes: ;)