Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Halloween ideas [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Halloween ideas

thecandylady
09-29-2003, 10:11 PM
hi all, i'm looking for some ideas on decorating my driveway for halloween I would love to scare the kids this year... So leave any ideas....

JenRN
09-29-2003, 10:38 PM
Oh man I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!! Well let's see, I remember when I was little our neighboors actually dug a hole in the ground and burried themselves up to the neck and decorated thier faces up like mummies and corpses etc...... when you walked to the driveway they would talk to you and all you saw was their head out of the ground freaked me right out!:eek: I do my house up bigtime, I do the laterns, play the spooky music, have things hanging from trees and the whole nine yards. Where I live now people don't come here too often, too lazy to run to the corner of the street. I once got body parts from a prosthetic place getting rid of old limbs etc... and made a weird thing. I also had a table and dressed up as a witch and peeled skins off of grapes and made them put thier hands in the bag and told them it was eyeballs etc.... and had like a mini haunted house. I like Halloween, I love fall, and no I am not demonic I just like the pranks etc..!

Mulletman
09-29-2003, 10:41 PM
flasher!!!

JulieCitySlicker
09-29-2003, 10:41 PM
I don't really decorate for Halloween:eek: I just do fall stuff:angel: Sorry...I'm boring;)

DangerousDan85
09-29-2003, 11:06 PM
i'm gonna get a fog machine, maybe make some corpses, put spider webs all over the place, i'm gonna try to make it scary

hayley
09-29-2003, 11:59 PM
I've never celebrated Halloween like you guys do...:(

It sounds really fun, I wish I could :)

facelessman
09-30-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by JenRN
Oh man I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!!  Well let's see, I remember when I was little our neighboors actually dug a hole in the ground and burried themselves up to the neck and decorated thier faces up like mummies and corpses etc...... when you walked to the driveway they would talk to you and all you saw was their head out of the ground freaked me right out!:eek:  I do my house up bigtime, I do the laterns, play the spooky music, have things hanging from trees and the whole nine yards.  Where I live now people don't come here too often, too lazy to run to the corner of the street.   I once got body parts from a prosthetic place getting rid of old limbs etc... and made a weird thing. I also had a table and dressed up as a witch and peeled skins off of grapes and made them put thier hands in the bag and told them it was eyeballs etc.... and had like a mini haunted house.    I like Halloween, I love fall, and no I am not demonic I just like the pranks etc..!
wow thats alot:banana:

JenRN
09-30-2003, 09:04 AM
I like fall time to begin with, and I don't look at Halloween as some "demonic" day, I look at it more of tricks and pranks and good treats:D There are so many cool things to do for kids and even adult Halloween parties. I am planning myself on going to the Bush Gardens "Hallo- scream" here in Williamsburg Virginia, looks like fun and I have never gone before!:D

marlsy
09-30-2003, 10:02 AM
One year my kids were really freaked out, actually too much, they were really scared!! A guy was up in a tree in his yard and he would wait until you got up his driveway and then start shaking it really hard and scream! They also had the scary music and the black lights and the spider webs and all that stuff! Another time a guy dressed as a dead person was sitting in a chair by the door with a big bowl of candy in his lap. He was perfectly still until the kids went to get candy and then freaked them out by moving. You can scare kids really simple, it dosn't take much!!

Higher_Desire
09-30-2003, 04:38 PM
I hate Halloween. It use to be a fun day for kids to go around and get some free candy, but it seems to me that it has turned into a satanic holiday for the older crowd. (Meaning teens and up) and is isn't like it use to be. I mean, of course there has to be some scares, but not all the blood, gore, violence, and whatnot there is associated with it now.

There's 2 houses near me that have huge blow-up pumpkins and ghosts in their yard already. They've been there for a week or two. To me, that says "Time to go shopping for Christmas presents!" LOL. j/k. I don't do Christmas shopping until late November or early December.

H-D

JenRN
09-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Halloween does not need to be looked at that way, I guess you had an experience that made you feel like that. I personally HATE blow up pumpkins etc... talk about tacky!:lol: When I was a kid I never looked at it as satanic, I just looked at it as time to dress up and gorge on candy! I like Halloween still and don't look at it that way, I guess it is all a matter of how you choose to do it. I have tons of pumpkins carved, mums candles and laterns lining my walkway. I used to get into it much more, and STILL never thought of it as satanic:dunno: Have you ever been to a real cool Halloween costume party, they can be really fun!:dancing:

DangerousDan85
09-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Higher_Desire
it seems to me that it has turned into a satanic holiday for the older crowd.

H-D

:lol: