Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
What color should I paint my room ??? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : What color should I paint my room ???

GeeK_2004
09-28-2003, 12:56 AM
The room that I'm in now is getting too small. Since we (my parents and I) have and spare room ( an extra room) in this house...I was thinking that I was gonna fix it up...(sand down the walls, paint the room, etc..)...IF i do decide to fix that room up...what color should I paint it??

I was thinking about painting it black....

but then I got to thinkin about it....I was like....maybe/maybe not...

Since I love the color blue...maybe I should paint it blue.

If i dont paint it black I would like to paint it like a dark blue but noen ( if that makes any sense...)...

Leader of Men
09-28-2003, 12:59 AM
Black would be wicked!

GeeK_2004
09-28-2003, 12:59 AM
And theres another thing...

The closet to my room now ( the one tha t i've been staying in for years!!!....not the one I might fix up ...But the one i`m in now) is bigger then the room that i might fix up and the window in my room works, but the window in the spare room doesnt work. And since my parents are those kind of CHEAP A$$es ....they probably wont be fixing that window any time soon !!!

GeeK_2004
09-28-2003, 01:00 AM
yep...

I love black !!!!

I was thinkin...if i do paint it black ...I would put black carpet with the black walls....

GeeK_2004
09-28-2003, 01:02 AM
I was thinking about painting it yellow once...but yellow would be too bright....

facelessman
09-28-2003, 01:25 AM
i say you paint it a dark blue, but not too dark

GeeK_2004
09-28-2003, 01:26 AM
thats what i might just do

hotforscott
09-28-2003, 04:55 AM
If you are going to be in a room where you can't open the window, I would suggest something brighter rather then something dark and gloomy.

JenRN
09-28-2003, 09:40 AM
A small room in black would be a nightmare! You would feel like you are in a dungeon. If you like blue go with that, a medium blue, not too dark though. Then get a light carpet etc...

Mulletman
09-28-2003, 04:56 PM
dont go with dark colors they get old very fast. i say go with an anti-freeze green!

JenRN
09-28-2003, 05:20 PM
I love my living room I just did, it is one wall deep burgundy in venetian plaster, then the other walls are caramel colored in venetian plaster as well. I did the one wall in burgundy were the fireplace is to make like a "focal point" wall. I have a fat leather chair, and other goodies, it is like a "library old world atmosphere":)

JulieCitySlicker
09-28-2003, 06:47 PM
I'm gonna paint my room Purple, Green, and blue:dancing:
Whenever I get the money that is:rolleyes:

JenRN
09-28-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I'm gonna paint my room Purple, Green, and blue:dancing:  
Whenever I get the money that is:rolleyes:
WOW that should be interesting

AllForTheBoys
09-28-2003, 11:57 PM
White, or off white walls, anything goes with that color.:eek:

JulieCitySlicker
09-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Ya I have a really cute idea for it to:D

JenRN
09-29-2003, 09:51 AM
I HATE White walls!!!!!!:throwup: I like light colors too, I just hate white walls in a house, too blah too boring!!!!! It is my mission to get all the white walls out of my house!!! I have half the house done now, 2 dark colored rooms, my favorite. Then 2 lighter rooms. I like the texture paints, I have venetian plaster in my living room and in my Alaska themed office I have forest green on the top half of the wall with faux bronze on top, then a chair rail we made and below it is a caramel color in sand texture paint REALLY COOL!!!!!!

JulieCitySlicker
09-29-2003, 12:04 PM
I hate white walls to Jen:eek: Unfortunately that is the color of my walls now:rolleyes:

Sheila63
09-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Your rooms sound so beautiful, Jen. I hate white walls too but that's what I have right now. I'm thinking about painting them in the spring but I'm not sure what color I want yet.

DangerousDan85
09-29-2003, 11:10 PM
brown

hayley
09-30-2003, 05:09 AM
Geek, please PLEASE PLEASE do NOT paint your room black, that would just look awful plus it would be dark all the time, you don't want that, it would just be yuck.

In one of the two rooms I have in my house, one is baby yellow, and the other is creame. The yellow is a really nice colour, it's defenitly not bright, it just has a soft touch, which makes the room feel really really warm. Just a creamy baby yellow, it would look really nice.

I don't think I could ever paint my room with "in your face colours" if you know what I mean. I am always going to have to go with something soft and calm.

:)

JenRN
09-30-2003, 08:52 AM
soft and calm is ALWAYS good!:D

marlsy
09-30-2003, 11:17 AM
I'm getting ready to paint my 14 yr olds room a medium blue. It's light blue now and she's sick of it. She loves blue so she wants to go darker. My 10 yr olds room is Medium purple. Not lavander and not dark purple. It's to dark for my taste but it's her room and she loves it!! I prefer lighter soft colors myself. My house has too many white walls but I'm chicken to paint them colors!!! I just need to do it huh? I just don't want color to make the rooms look smaller. Our house really isn't that big, it's about 1900 sq. ft. Also picking out a good color is hard!!! Any ideas??

JenRN
09-30-2003, 11:44 AM
My house is not big either Marlsy.... I just got brave and decided to do it! My living room is dark, so I use a lot of lighting in corners etc... to brighten it up. It looks good, I like different things so i went for it! I watch a lot of TV shows with decorating and look at a lot of magazines to get ideas. I guess go for a "warm" color, don't go too bold at first, it will overwhelm you. I did the Alaska room first, it is medium greens and khacki's, looks great. Be brave let me know what you do!

marlsy
09-30-2003, 12:05 PM
Well Jen, my living room I have Burgendy Leather couches and a resting couch that is a soft green. The room has high Ceilings and you can see the upstairs hall from it too. I used to have kinda khackiish green carpet, a lil lighter maybe, it was really pretty, but we just recentley had the whole downstairs cherry wood flooring put in. It's not dark dark color, it's a meduim. My stair case is the same color as my carpet was still. Sounds kinda ugly, but it really isn't. The railing is the green and the slats are white. so what color should I do the walls? It's hard to explain, I should take a pic of it so you can see what i'm talking about. Maybe I will later on. email me your addy so I can send you a pic k? I really don't feel like i'm good at decorating! I can use your advice!

DangerousDan85
09-30-2003, 12:11 PM
i got it, brown and mustard yellow stripes

JulieCitySlicker
09-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Black isn't a good color, I agree with Hayley;) Darker colors seem to depress me:( Not sure if it does you or anyone else, it does me though.

My house is small to and when we moved in most of the walls were white:rolleyes: and still are:mad: I'm gonna start buying the paint for my room when I get my check next week:dancing:

JenRN
09-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by marlsy
Well Jen, my living room I have Burgendy Leather couches and a resting couch that is a soft green.  The room has high Ceilings and you can see the upstairs hall from it too.  I used to have kinda khackiish  green carpet, a lil lighter maybe, it was really pretty, but we just recentley had the whole downstairs cherry wood flooring put in.  It's not dark dark color, it's a meduim.  My stair case is the same color as my carpet was still.  Sounds kinda ugly, but it really isn't.  The railing is the green and the slats are white.  so what color should I do the walls? It's hard to explain, I should take a pic of it so you can see what i'm talking about.  Maybe I will later on.  email me your addy so I can send you a pic k?  I really don't feel like i'm good at decorating!  I can use your advice!
I have burgundy leather in my living room too! I think it sounds great! I have hard wood floors as well, I put down a rug in the center of the room and picked up colors from the rug to do the walls etc.... It sounds to me like a light warm caramel color would look good on the walls especially if they are high. Like I said before my one wall is burgundy where the fireplace is and then the other walls are that caramel color. Yes it is dark, but it has lots of character:)

marlsy
09-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Jen, it sounds really pretty!! Yeah a light carmal color does sound good, I might just go looking at samples!! You've inspired me!

JenRN
09-30-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by marlsy
Jen, it sounds really pretty!!  Yeah a light carmal color does sound good, I might just go looking at samples!!  You've inspired me!
Awww... I wish we could go shopping together and look at samples. I love to decorate just wish I had the money to do it all!

marlsy
09-30-2003, 04:01 PM
I know what you mean, if I had the money though, I would hire a pro to do it for me!! Hey I wish we could go shopping together too!!!!

hayley
09-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
i got it, brown and mustard yellow stripes

Sounds good...you could always splash a little grey on the walls too, why not.

DangerousDan85
09-30-2003, 07:34 PM
no

hayley
10-02-2003, 05:47 AM
No one else said anything about your comment, you said it 2 times and tried to be funny but it didn't work so I thought I'd say something...even if it was lame....:D

j/k

Geek, tell us what you are going to do with your room...have you made up your mind yet?