Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Since the Big Flop [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Since the Big Flop

NeedforCreed
09-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Anyone hear how their shows have went since the one that caused all the uproar? I hate to admit it, but if I had paid $50 something to see the show and Stapp hacked out, I would be more than a little upset. If he couldn't produce they should have just canceled out.

Steve
09-26-2003, 10:19 AM
But he did produce. It doesn't matter if he sings the right words or not. The ticket does not guarentee a performance. In fact, it's stated on the back of the ticket. All the ticket does is grant you access to the building the day of the concert. It's not a contract between you and the band.

Frankie
09-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Well...there was only ONE show after...and it was New Year's Eve in Philly, which I was fortunate enough to attend.
And the concert was awesome and Scott was AMAZING...I will never forget it.
One "bad" show out of hundreds...everyone really should move on...and let Scott do the same.

JenRN
09-26-2003, 11:01 AM
:deadhorse :crying: :crying:

TeriB19
09-26-2003, 11:03 AM
I agree with Steve and Frankie. The second to last show of the tour may not have been the best one (as the LAST show was for certain!) but it was a show that the band was there and did perform. Hey, the Phillies got their asses handed to them in Florida and are now out of the playoffs because their pitching staff crapped out. Damn, I'm suing. Get my lawyer on the phone!!

Sheila63
09-26-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Frankie
<b>Well...there was only ONE show after...and it was New Year's Eve in Philly, which I was fortunate enough to attend.
One "bad" show out of hundreds...everyone really should move on...and let Scott do the same. </b>

I totally agree with everything you said, Frankie. I was fortunate enough to be there on NYE as well and it was also my first time seeing the band live. It was by far the best concert I have ever been to.

JulieCitySlicker
09-26-2003, 02:56 PM
I agree with Steve, Frankie, and Teri;) I mean give the guys a break:) They had one bad show out of the many that were good:rolleyes: Deal with it and move on!

Higher_Desire
09-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Steve
But he did produce. It doesn't matter if he sings the right words or not. The ticket does not guarentee a performance. In fact, it's stated on the back of the ticket. All the ticket does is grant you access to the building the day of the concert. It's not a contract between you and the band.

Good point, bossman. :clap: :thumbsup:

H-D

Dogstar
09-26-2003, 07:47 PM

This makes me wonder how on earth the suit got as far as it did. We really need litigation reform in this country.

Sheila63
09-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Forgive me for getting off the topic but I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your avie pic, Colin.:)

Mr.CreedFreakTN
09-26-2003, 08:22 PM
That was the best Creed show out of the five I saw too.
I need that DVD.........

hotforscott
09-26-2003, 08:26 PM
I told Colin the same thing in another thread, Sheila. LOL!

I also agree with Mr. TN, I need that DVD!

As for the topic of this thread. I was at the show, and I say MOVE THE HELL ON!!

Sheila63
09-26-2003, 08:27 PM
I didn't realize you were at the NYE show too, Mr. TN. That was my best NYE ever, all thanks to Creed!!:rockon: I'm ready for that DVD too.

Sheila63
09-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
I told Colin the same thing in another thread, Sheila. LOL!

LMAO, Carrie!! What a coincidence, huh?

hotforscott
09-26-2003, 08:34 PM
I know, I love it, it's too cool!

Sheila63
09-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Great minds think alike, right?;)

Dogstar
09-26-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
That was the best Creed show out of the five I saw too.
I need that DVD.........

DITTO!!! I saw four, though :D.

Kim V.
09-26-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Frankie
<b>Well...there was only ONE show after...and it was New Year's Eve in Philly, which I was fortunate enough to attend.
One "bad" show out of hundreds...everyone really should move on...and let Scott do the same. </b>

Yes, that show was awesome, Scott was amazing, and it was by far the best New Years I've ever had!! That was my first and only Creed concert to date, and I will never forget it; I still relive that night often in my mind ::Sigh:::D

Kim V.
09-26-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
I agree with Steve and Frankie. The second to last show of the tour may not have been the best one (as the LAST show was for certain!) but it was a show that the band was there and did perform. Hey, the Phillies got their asses handed to them in Florida and are now out of the playoffs because their pitching staff crapped out. Damn, I'm suing. Get my lawyer on the phone!!

That's right Teri!! My hubby's quite upset that the Phillies didn't "perform" well; let's get a group of us dissatisfied fans to sue, right??!!:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

hayley
09-27-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by NeedforCreed
Anyone hear how their shows have went since the one that caused all the uproar? &nbsp;I hate to admit it, but if I had paid $50 something to see the show and Stapp hacked out, I would be more than a little upset. &nbsp;If he couldn't produce they should have just canceled out.

Get off it already would you, for christ sake. :mad:

Sheila63
09-27-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Kim V.
I still relive that night often in my mind &nbsp;::Sigh:::D

Me too, Kim. Oh, the memories.:D

SCOTTSMYMAN
09-28-2003, 10:14 AM
The NYE show :pant: :pant:

I think that the whole topic of the Chicago show has gone on long enough!! Can we just now move on with other wonderful things we could be talking about when it comes to CREED :crest: We are definitely beating a :deadhorse: here now!!!! ;)

Blaize
09-28-2003, 10:44 AM
That show is going to follow him around for a long time...I will be so glad when the new CD comes out so people can focus on what's important...

SCOTTSMYMAN
09-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Or hopefully the new DVD will come out and we'll be talking about that forever!!! :dancing: ;) :stapp:

Kim V.
09-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
Or hopefully the new DVD will come out and we'll be talking about that forever!!! :dancing: ;) &nbsp;:stapp:

I don't know if I can wait that long!!! But yes, it will be good to have something positive for people to talk about!:D

hayley
09-28-2003, 11:34 PM
Man I wish I had a DVD player, I'm really missing out. Or, I could buy the DVD when it comes out, borrow my uncle's PS2 (Playstation 2) and play it on there! :D

Kim V.
09-29-2003, 11:46 AM
We don't have a DVD player yet either, but we plan on getting one in the near future, especially if Creed does finally come out with their DVD; that will be the perfect reason to have to get one! We will prob. get a DVD/VCR combo because we have so many video tapes.

Said Eyes
10-01-2003, 05:22 AM
Thats a cop out and you know it.

Creed are scheduled to perform so you buy access to the venue. When Creed havent performed in the past (has happened a few times) theyve rescheduled the show or given refunds. This is different though, so stop spouting that same tired crap. This is being dissatisfied with a performance.

If I paid $50 for a big concert (and Creed are a big act) and the singer messes about like he is supposed to have done I'd be angry too. I wouldn't sue, but it'd sour my opinion of the band. The lawsuit was just crazy though.

DangerousDan85
10-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Said Eyes
so stop spouting that same tired crap. &nbsp;

that applies to both sides of the argument

Dogstar
10-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
that applies to both sides of the argument

Yes, it certainly does.

And Chicago wasn't any different. Either way, a subpar performance followed, whether due to voice problems, health problems, or intoxication problems. You take a chance when you buy the ticket. I have been to scads of concerts where the performers were just as messed up, where the shows were cut short and where the singer was off-key or the guitar players sucked. Yeah, I was disappointed and angry, but not enough to ask for a refund or sue, for crying out loud. Yes, people have the right to be angry and disappointed, and yes, the lawsuit was crazy.