Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott Stapp live [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stapp live

s.floridagirl
09-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Did anyone find that Stapp sang better live than on the records? Because I have to say, hearing him in concert really blew me away. He was the best I've heard live and I 've been to A LOT of concerts!! What did you think?

devils_here
09-23-2003, 08:32 PM
I thought he sounded amazing when I saw him :bounce:

I have been listening to some bootlegs and theres one show where he sounds pretty bad. But I also have to say when your at a concert and all pumped you really don't hear the slip ups and cracks.

So to sum it all up I love listening to my CDs but would always opt to see them live.

Hope that all made sense ;) :P

Dogstar
09-23-2003, 08:32 PM
He is amazing both live and on the records. He really feeds off the energy of the crowd and you can definitely feel the passion he has for what he does.

njcreedite
09-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Yup,,,,,he is great live.:naughty:

facelessman
09-23-2003, 09:05 PM
yeah hes great live, and great on records

hotforscott
09-23-2003, 09:44 PM
Yes, I feel he is great both ways as well. He is AMAZING live.

Frankie
09-23-2003, 09:51 PM
I agree...Scott is amazing live...he pulls you in from the very beginning and doesn't let you go until he walks off the stage. I love the "extras" of his live performance...Say I for example. The live version is so awesome I would pick that over the recorded version anytime. I have yet to find anyone else that connects with the audience the way that Scott does.

DangerousDan85
09-23-2003, 10:41 PM
yeah he's really good live

hayley
09-24-2003, 12:17 AM
I'm sure he would be awesome live, can't wait till the day I get to see Creed

cjme
09-24-2003, 01:13 AM
I've only seen 2 performers who I thought were even better live. One was Creed and the other Billy Joel. Amazing voices, both of them.

Dogstar
09-24-2003, 01:16 AM
I have to say Pearl Jam is amazing live as well. And Audioslave...Chris Cornell can connect the way Scott does...I wish I had gotten to see Soundgarden live.

Blaize
09-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Stapp's voice was what hooked me from the beginning and I have to say that his voice is much more powerful on stage...I was extremely surprised that he could sing as good live the way he does and it blew me away.....

Kim V.
09-24-2003, 12:58 PM
I'd have to agree that Scott's amazing recorded or live! It is so true, he just pulls you in the minute he walks on stage, and mes-merizes you until he walks off. A note about when his voice does sound a little "off"; Teri has told me that numerous times he's performed while he was sick, I guess he truly believes that "the show must go on". I know of at least two times he performed while sick - opening night in Atlanta, 2002 (I read in a Rolling Stone article that he woke up sick that morning), although he sounded great to me on VH1's Opening Night Live! Also, Teri said he was fighting a bout with the flu when Creed performed at the Olympics. Let's pray he doesn't get sick so often next tour!

Jez
09-24-2003, 01:09 PM
He was also sick at PSU 11-19-02..I'm sure quite a bit last tour.

Sheila63
09-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Frankie
<b>I agree...Scott is amazing live...he pulls you in from the very beginning and doesn't let you go until he walks off the stage. &nbsp;I love the "extras" of his live performance...Say I for example. &nbsp;The live version is so awesome I would pick that over the recorded version anytime. &nbsp;I have yet to find anyone else that connects with the audience the way that Scott does. </b>

I totally agree with you Frankie. I enjoy both my recorded Creed cds and my live cds but he puts out so much energy and emotion when they perform live that I can feel it just listening to the cds and the one Creed concert I was at was by far the best show I've ever seen. I think his voice live is Awesome, like Blaize, that is what drew me in the first time I heard the band.

DangerousDan85
09-24-2003, 03:45 PM
the only song i've ever heard him have trouble with was Stand Here With Me during the Olympics, especially the "on and on we sing" part, but as someone said, he was sick, so that's understandable

JenRN
09-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Scott is unbelievable live, he commands attention and draws me in like the most forceful magnet ever. His voice soothes my moods and mellows me out when I am frayed, it is odd. His voice comforts me like a blanket. :)

hide
09-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Dogstar PJ is great and Cornell rocks my boat also but I feel his voice was better in the early 90's in TOTD he is on fire. He was sick on the most recent tour I belive because he kept catching things off Jagger. It seems he has his off nights perhaps more often then Ed or Chris but he has such an awesome stage presence and a booming but soothing baritone.

Jez
09-25-2003, 02:39 AM
Jen, I don't know if you can put it much better than that.
Powerful, passionate, commanding, uplifting, soothing.....just a few words to describe that voice that pulled me in from the beginning as well.

JenRN
09-25-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Jez
Powerful, passionate, commanding, uplifting, soothing.....just a few words to describe that voice that pulled me in from the beginning as well.
People look at me so strange when I say that, it is hard to describe. I just feel an immediate "comfort" when I listen to his voice. I can see me now when I am 70 with headphones on to try and soothe my arthritis!:lol:

Jez
09-25-2003, 11:35 AM
People look at me so strange when I say that, it is hard to describe
I have tried to explain it to people who don't "get it" for so long. I don't think my husband will ever get it. It's a shame because it's something that I wish we could share.

Can I just say that the cat in your avi is friggin weird?!?!? LOL!! :lol:

TeriB19
09-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Banging your head is not good for arthritis in the neck, Jen;).

mysacrifice411
09-25-2003, 11:45 AM
I've only been to one Creed show myself (Weathered tour, when they came to Salt Lake last December), and I absolutely LOVED the show. Stapp sounded okay (I wasn't blown away like many of you are saying), but I assume that's due to his throat problems he was going through. I really cannot wait to go to a show where he's as amazing as you guys say! :)

I have a DVD of live performances, and at the Olympics he sounds like he's having trouble. From what you guys say, I guess he was sick? I think it also has a lot to do with singing in the FREEZING weather we had that February! But on the DVD they also do "One" on Letterman, "Higher" on ABC, and "Torn" acoustic for Much Music. He really does sound AMAZING! I remember thinking that his voice was soo good, I was wondering if it was pre-recorded! Again, I can't wait for a Creed Concert where Stapp is 100%!!!

Blaize
09-25-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Jez
<b>I have tried to explain it to people who don't "get it" for so long. &nbsp;I don't think my husband will ever get it. &nbsp;It's a shame because it's something that I wish we could share.

</b>
I know EXACTLY how you all feel...THAT voice is what drew me in and I can't begin to explain the way it makes me feel. My husband doesn't get it either and I do wish I could share with him as well. He thinks Stapp's voice is okay, but he doesn't think it's as great as I do lol...I have told him many times that I wish he could just for once feel what I feel when I hear that voice...:)

Kim V.
09-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Jez

Agreed, Jen and Jez! He rocks you when you want to be rocked, soothes your soul when you're having a rough day, lifts you up and makes you believe when you feel down and you can't go on....I've said this before, I could be having a bad day for whatever reason, I can just put Creed on with my headphones, close my eyes, and I am transformed, because it feels like he's singing right to my soul with that awesome voice... makes it all better!:D

Jez
09-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Ya know, I was just thinking how it seems like Creed fans, and Stapp fans in particular, are the only people that I hear trying to communicate incessantly how this music and The Voice MOVES them. When I tell people about Creed, even the telling is moving. Doesn't just the 'sharing' bring up so many emotions for you as well? Or is it just me?
The friends I have where I live don't share my passion to the extent that I do... One friend in particular....she's really into Kid Rock. While I think he's ok, there is just nothing about his music that moves me. And the thing that I just realized is that with all she has done to try and pimp him....get me to listen to him...she has never once said that his music moves her.
There is a bulletin board that I post at where there is a couple who have been married for about ten years...one of the things that they share and that keeps them so closely bonded is their passion for Creed. Sad to say, but I am actually jealous that I don't have this in my own life. Like you said, Julie..I wish my husband could just once feel what I feel when I hear that voice...when I listen to the words and am taken to a different place.

We've all heard the expression a million times...maybe we even use it ourselves..... but I don't think it's about being a follower really...It's the PASSION itself that is so all encompassing and addictive....maybe it helps us LEAD a little bit better lives ;)

ZION1010
09-25-2003, 02:41 PM
jez thats a god gifted talent for ya there music reaches many i asure you your not the only one who feels it my best friend friend took his own life the year whats the life for came out she said that song and god was the only thing that pulled her through......peace

JenRN
09-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Yeah I have so many friends that look at me like "get a life" They are so wrapped up in kids etc.. they loose themselves. I myself know I could not survive without my music. As far as Creed, BELIEVE me my husband does not get it either. He thinks it is ridiculous and insane. Most people don't understand but the ones that do, are bonded immediately!:)

JulieCitySlicker
09-25-2003, 03:51 PM
I've never seen Creed live yet but this next tour;) I'm There:dancing:

devils_here
09-25-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Jez
When I tell people about Creed, even the telling is moving. &nbsp;Doesn't just the 'sharing' bring up so many emotions for you as well? &nbsp;Or is it just me? &nbsp;
The friends I have where I live &nbsp;don't share my passion to the extent that I do... &nbsp; &nbsp;

We've all heard the expression a million times...maybe we even use it ourselves..... &nbsp;but I don't think it's about being a follower really...It's the PASSION itself that is so all encompassing and addictive....maybe it helps us LEAD a little bit better lives ;)

I couldn't agree with you more. My husband likes them but not as much as I do. And all my friends could care less about them. I listen to them and drift off into my own little perfect world :).
I agree with everyone else too about their music being so calming and/or peaceful, but some of it also gets me rockin. There's just something for every mood I'm in.

Blaize
09-25-2003, 04:32 PM
Can I just say that you guys ROCK??!!??!!:jam:
Doesn't just the 'sharing' bring up so many emotions for you as well? Or is it just me?
Yes, it does Stace. I thought it was just myself that got emotional even talking about it :P

He rocks you when you want to be rocked, soothes your soul when you're having a rough day, lifts you up and makes you believe when you feel down and you can't go on....
Yes, Kim V., he most certainly does!!!:)

Yeah I have so many friends that look at me like "get a life" They are so wrapped up in kids etc.. they loose themselves. I myself know I could not survive without my music. As far as Creed, BELIEVE me my husband does not get it either. He thinks it is ridiculous and insane. Most people don't understand but the ones that do, are bonded immediately
That's what is so special about it I think. The bonds that we all make because we all feel the same way. Very well put Jen:)

Sheila63
09-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Kim V.
Agreed, Jen and Jez! He rocks you when you want to be rocked, soothes your soul when you're having a rough day, lifts you up and makes you believe when you feel down and you can't go on....I've said this before, I could be having a bad day for whatever reason, I can just put Creed on with my headphones, close my eyes, and I am transformed, because it feels like he's singing right to my soul with that awesome voice... makes it all better!:D

I totally agree with all of you. Most of my friends/coworkers think I'm crazy but like Jez said, you can't help but be moved even when you're talking about them and their music.

And Kim V., I know exactly what you're talking about. I had a lousy day today but whenever I listened to some Creed, I felt better and Scott's voice always soothes me.

Dogstar
09-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by hide
Dogstar PJ is great and Cornell rocks my boat also but I feel his voice was better in the early 90's in TOTD he is on fire. He was sick on the most recent tour I belive because he kept catching things off Jagger. It seems he has his off nights perhaps more often then Ed or Chris but he has such an awesome stage presence and a booming but soothing baritone.

I agree...It's just so great to hear Chris singing again! TOTD totally kicked a**...It's probably all that smoking he has done over the years, which does take a toll on the voice...

And yes, Scott's stage presence is amazing...Drew me right in..Being on the rail helped :D.

JenRN
09-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Scott in your face with his hair flying around hand banging was enough to keep me on cloud nine for days.:cloud9:
I am craving that so bad now!!!!

TeriB19
09-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Being on the rail helped :D. Correction, being on the rail and locking eyes with Stapp long enough for your friends to throw you a bridal shower helped!!;)

JenRN
09-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Correction, being on the rail and locking eyes with Stapp long enough for your friends to throw you a bridal shower helped!!;)
Did you bring an extra pair of panties for her?:P

TeriB19
09-25-2003, 09:25 PM
LMAO!!!:lol: No Jen, I figured that was HER responsibility. I did, however, have to hose her down afterwards.;)

Dogstar
09-25-2003, 10:37 PM
OMFG, LMFAO!!!!! You guys are toooo funny!!!! And, um, yes, it sure did help :D.

Kim V.
09-25-2003, 10:55 PM
Eye contact with Scott - nothing else in the world like it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheila63
09-26-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by JenRN
Scott in your face with his hair flying around hand banging was enough to keep me on cloud nine for days.:cloud9: &nbsp;
I am craving that so bad now!!!!

I'm craving some of that along with the eye contact right now too!! I want to experience it first hand during the next tour.

devils_here
09-26-2003, 07:54 AM
I'm with you on that one Sheila :P

hayley
09-28-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Kim V.
Eye contact with Scott - nothing else in the world like it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh I'm sure :eek: :wub:

I can't wait for my first Creed concert, it's going to be the time of my life. :band:

njcreedite
10-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Addicted2Stapp......I LOVE your avatar.
I'm probably way in the minority on this but....
I think Chris Cornell rivals Stappy in looks. Mmmmm
Mmmmm Mmmmm :D

JenRN
10-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by njcreedite
Addicted2Stapp......I LOVE your avatar.
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;I'm probably way in the minority on this but....
I think Chris Cornell rivals Stappy in looks. &nbsp;Mmmmm
Oh well I am in there with you, he is SMOKING HOT!!!!!!:pant: :smokin:

Charmin
10-03-2003, 01:50 PM
I saw Creed in St. Louis and Scott was awesome there.

He was a little off key at times when they recorded the Atlanta concert at the beginning of the tour-but by the time they got to St. Louis-they had been on the road for about 9 months and they were TIGHT!

devils_here
10-03-2003, 03:11 PM

I will have to Totally disagree with you on that. But hey we all have our own tastes ;).

Dogstar
10-03-2003, 03:46 PM

AGREED!!!! Those EYES!!!!

hide
10-08-2003, 12:17 AM
granted many of the guys over at the PJ board don't like Creed but not too many of them think that fondly of Stapp's looks. I started to think you girls were too biased.

Creedillusion
10-08-2003, 05:46 PM
:crest: Oh Yes! Eye contact, even if it only was 5 seconds,would be, too wonderful for words:angel: Ive never been to a show either, next tour Ill definently be there. Ive seen live pics and OMG, the intence, passionate look on his face.:pant: :wub: You can really tell that hes into the song. I cant wait to see it live. WOW:D

Creedillusion
10-08-2003, 08:21 PM
And you can hear the passion in his voice, aaahhhhh that wonderful voice. I love how he just gets into the song hes singing.

Sheila63
10-08-2003, 08:44 PM
I totally agree with you, CreedIllusion. His voice got to me the very first time I heard one of their songs.

njcreedite
10-08-2003, 09:02 PM
granted many of the guys over at the PJ board don't like Creed but not too many of them think that fondly of Stapp's looks. &nbsp;I started to think you girls were too biased.

Biased:confused: On Creedfeed?? About Creed??? NEVER:D

The PJ board is probably full of ladies who like Eddie Vedder's look better (almost rhymes:P ). Makes sense. Personally, I like Pearl Jam. I'm one of those odd..likes both bands...type of people. Eddie's okay, but I'd have to say Stapp's better looking. As for musically,...well that's a can of worms best left CLOSED. Creed is in my top 3 of best bands (but Creedfeed is #1). The top 3 rotate around...depends on my mood. Same three bands, just diff. standings. I have to admit...Stapp live and looking at you while singing(like last NYE:thud:) ....well it doesn't get much better. (Unless it's Chris Cornell:D. I'm looking forward to that experience some day.)

Creedillusion
10-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Same here Sheila. Wow! what a voice!

njcreedite
10-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Creedillusion
&nbsp;Wow! what a voice!

WOW! What eyes too.

hide
10-08-2003, 09:48 PM
yeah i figured it was just because they don't like Creed but I didn't get one girl who said Stapp was hot. I love both bands too which makes me strange I guess but I don't get what the big deal is.

Creedillusion
10-09-2003, 05:21 AM
OMG YES! those eyes.

Sheila63
10-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Creedillusion
OMG YES! those eyes.

I totally agree with you and Linda on the eyes, too.:wub:

hide, you're right, the same person doesn't appeal to everybody, Thank God, LOL!! Could you imagine what that would be like if we were all attracted to the same person or same type of person!

devils_here
10-09-2003, 12:55 PM
It would be hell on my marriage ;)

Creedillusion
10-09-2003, 02:05 PM
I hear ya there Sheila, lol. We all have our own tastes in everything, its what makes human. The world would be kinda dull if everyone was the same and liked the same things.

njcreedite
10-09-2003, 07:24 PM
yeah i figured it was just because they don't like Creed but I didn't get one girl who said Stapp was hot. &nbsp;I love both bands too which makes me strange I guess but I don't get what the big deal is.

I'm with you Hide. I don't get what the big deal is either. Both bands are great. I love both their music. I just don't buy into that animosity thing going on. Don't get it.:confused:
It's good to know there are a few of us strange one's around.:D

hide
10-09-2003, 09:34 PM
there is not much animosity from the Creed side that I have seen just about all the blame lies at the feet of the PJ fans. There are a few things that have angered them such as Marshall's comment and Stapp's joke that they don't get.

Dogstar
10-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Nickelback's Chad Kroeger was far more harsh on PJ, IMO...He basically said PJ has lost their way and don't know what they even are anymore.

Sheila63
10-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by devils_here
It would be hell on my marriage ;)

LMAO! You're right, Kim, it would be.:P

njcreedite
10-10-2003, 07:06 PM
there is not much animosity from the Creed side that I have seen just about all the blame lies at the feet of the PJ fans. &nbsp;There are a few things that have angered them such as Marshall's comment and Stapp's joke that they don't get.

I know about Brian Marshall's rude remarks...didn't know there was a misunderstood joke by Stapp.

Dogstar...did hear about Chad Kroeger's remarks. Yes, they weren't too kind. He's also complained about being compared to Creed all the time....but mainly because they've been around longer than Creed.

Dogstar
10-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Yeah, it took them longer to break through, I guess. I like a couple of their songs, but not enough to buy a CD...I do like Leader of Men. The harmony is beautiful in that tune. I loathe Never Again...UGH. But that's just me :D.