Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Is Stapp Saved?... evidence inside [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Is Stapp Saved?... evidence inside

Delirium
09-17-2003, 02:35 AM
Ok i was studying the My Own Prison lyrics the other day, cause its probably my favs. After going through it, i think there is enough evidence to believe that Stapp may be saved (born again)

The Lyrics "no appeal on the docket today just my own sin" acknowledges that his sin will be judged

"shackled by my sentence expecting no return here there is no penance my skin begins to burn" he admits here that that sin is gonna send him to hell.

"i hear a thunder in the distance see a vision of a cross
i feel the pain that was given on that sad day of loss a lion roars in thedarkness only he holds the key
a light to free from my burden and bring me life eternally "

These lyrics show that he knows Jesus Sacrifical death saves us from this damnation and it is the key to get life eternally.

"i cry out to god seeking only his decision"

This shows he has cried out to God, and he realizes that it is God's decision, we are saved by faith.

So really he knows that (im assuming he means what he writes)

He has sinned, that sin will send him to hell
Jesus came and died to pay the price for his sin
He has cried out to God

That's all we have to know to be saved... The only doubt i have is this:

"gabriel stands and confirms
ive created my own prison "

either he feels that God has rejected him, or its fitting into a story of that this guy was sent to hell, and he dosen't have a second chance to accept God

Plz share your thoughts and give me your opinions.

Leader of Men
09-17-2003, 08:00 AM
That last line I think is just saying that he has made his own hell around him. It's not anyones fault but his own.

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 10:28 AM
The Question You asked is he saved..i belive this guy will never see the gates of hell..if that anwsers your question....i dont know hes just got a look thats like you can see that god is wiith him in a way.......My Own Prison Was Wrote at a time when he thought he would break hell wide open...so i belive this song was not written in one day..i belive its like a testimoni in way...its the shape Religion And Socitey Can put you in....Unforgiven to this world...not to the lord i Feel Some how he knows that now...i feel he knows who lead him out of his prison...and why...You know what im going to shutup now..........PEACE

mysacrifice411
09-17-2003, 12:45 PM
I understand where you're going, but I think the "I cry out to God, seeking only His decision" part could be just a plea for forgiveness, just trying to repent and know that he's been forgiven by God.

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 05:13 PM
We All cry out to god for a lot of things...i belive at this time....it was cry for help understanding....

MrSeeker
09-17-2003, 08:08 PM
I def. think he is saved, read the lyrics to "Is This the End" acoustic version,thats proof right there.

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by MrSeeker
<b>I def. think he is saved, read the lyrics to "Is This the End" acoustic version,thats proof right there. </b> DIDO

mysacrifice411
09-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Well, those lyrics could point to a lot of lyrics, actually.

mysacrifice411
09-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Sorry, screwed up. They could point to a lot of RELIGIONS, actually.

TeriB19
09-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ZION1010
DIDO Didn't know she was religious too.

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Didn't know she was religious too. IM NOT

MrSeeker
09-18-2003, 01:08 AM
HAHAHAHA

MrSeeker
09-18-2003, 01:10 AM
Is This The End clearly points to Jesus Christ and no one else so,yea.

ZION1010
09-18-2003, 10:39 AM
oh yea no doubt in my head...really

mysacrifice411
09-18-2003, 12:25 PM
I know "Is This The End" points to Christ and no one else. When I said "a lot of religions" it was within the Christian context. Whether you're Born Again, Baptist, Catholic, LDS, Lutheran or whatever, I'm sure those lyrics coincide with your beliefs (they do with mine, and I'm not a "Born Again Christian" in the sense that I belong to that specific sect.). MOP could as well. That's all I'm trying to say.

Delirium
09-18-2003, 04:45 PM
well whatever religion he believes most like, that thing in MOP about the key to eternity shows he believes in Salvation by grace, and thats really all that matters to be saved

MrSeeker
09-18-2003, 08:29 PM
OK, gotcha ; )

ZION1010
09-18-2003, 10:25 PM
your a melodie

MrSeeker
09-18-2003, 10:33 PM
What???

ZION1010
09-18-2003, 10:42 PM
What??? it was just like a inside opion to the thread which goes to another thread......stand here with me........dont worry about it.....in the words of a song your a melodie....who do you think the melodie is......Ummm

Lechium
09-19-2003, 10:18 PM
who's "saved" and who's "not" is their business and theirs only. defenetly not yours.

Delirium
09-20-2003, 01:19 AM
It's everyones business. He's a celebrity, and why would he write about that stuff if he wanted to keep his spiriutality to himself.

Steve
09-20-2003, 01:38 AM
Just because he's a celebrity does not mean that he loses all of his privacy rights. He's guarenteed his privacy just as much as you are.

Delirium
09-20-2003, 02:21 AM
Agreed... i meant however that if he writes songs about his spiriutal beliefs, it isn't an invasion of privacy to see what he means and what he believes through that song.

It'll also help us understand Stapp and his songs THAT much better.

MrSeeker
09-20-2003, 02:47 AM
"The soul is so exposed,so exposed!!!"

Lechium
09-20-2003, 05:48 AM
u're missing the real point.

rather than analyzing someone else's spirituality/connection with higher power/etc, why not concentrate on your's?

ZION1010
09-20-2003, 09:18 PM
<b>"The soul is so exposed,so exposed!!!" </b> No ?}

Delirium
09-21-2003, 02:33 AM
and your missing the real point :@.

It's nice to know if your listening to a brother in Christ or just a fellow human being. It's also not like im obsessing over it, just making an observation. Now leave me alone, if you disagree with the thread just ignore it, its simple.

Kim V.
09-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Only Stapp and God know for sure, but I would say from his lyrics (and I have dissected them myself many times) that he is. His means of spirituality (NOT religion) may differ from what some think it "should be" if one is saved, only because he experienced what he considered hypocrisy from the "church". But one does not have to go to a building called a church to worship God and have a relationship with Him. I think, and this is purely conjecture on my part, that Stapp is very close to God and indeed hears from God, and imparts messages from God to all of us through his music. Every time I watch the Behind the Music on Creed, and it's said that when Stapp was a child in the church, his minister told Scott he had a gift and with it he would one day touch people's lives, his mother Lynda says Scott knew as a child that he had a "call" on his life, to be a "singing evangelist", and that she believes Scott is truly doing what God wants him to do, that he touches more people's lives than most evangelists, it just confirms what I felt from his lyrics the first time I heard them, long before I ever watched the BTM. God has given Scott a wonderful gift, and I am so grateful that he chooses to continually share that gift with us!

facelessman
09-21-2003, 11:23 PM
i think its just he knows all these things b/c of how he was raised

Dogstar
09-23-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Delirium
and your missing the real point :@.

It's nice to know if your listening to a brother in Christ or just a fellow human being. It's also not like im obsessing over it, just making an observation. Now leave me alone, if you disagree with the thread just ignore it, its simple.

....*just* a fellow human being????? So, if you're not saved, you're somehow less than? I'm sorry, but I find that kind of thinking offensive and discriminatory. Ugh.

Delirium
09-23-2003, 04:57 AM
i didnt mean it that way, it just came out wrong (/me hates misunderstandings)

Of course it's differeny if hes saved or not, but id respect and admire him just as much if he wasnt

Aimee
09-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Scott is probably saved every night when he's quiet and asks for forgiveness for his daily sins. Be careful, Delerium how much faith you place in the lead singer of a band. I understand that you respect and admire him all the same, but I also think that your real question is whether or not Stapp is a hypocrite. Correct me if I'm wrong here though. If that is the case, then those of us who are obsessed with Creed info can tell you that his lyrics come from the conflicts between what he was taught and what he now believes. It's really as simple as that.
And, if that's not the case, and you want to really know whether or not Stapp is saved, then we can assume (based on his background as a child of the church) that yes, Stapp has been saved - accepted Jesus Christ into his heart as his lord and saviour forever and amen and all that stuff. He was probably baptised too, just to cover all the bases. So, he's guaranteed to go to heaven. There *pats all the worriers on the back* don't you feel better now?

Dogstar
09-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Delirium
i didnt mean it that way, it just came out wrong (/me hates misunderstandings)

Of course it's differeny if hes saved or not, but id respect and admire him just as much if he wasnt

Ok, I don't mean to harp on this, but this is the very exclusionary nature of some religions that really bugs the bejesus out of me. Why would it be different if he is saved? The implication in that statement is that *saved* people are somehow better than others, who might believe as strongly in their faith as you do yours.

Delirium
09-24-2003, 02:59 AM
ok.... i can understand that.

But think of it this way. Every Saved Chrisitan is one God's children. That's why we always call each other brothers and sisters, cause in Christ we are. I'll admit that ill like a person better if they are saved, cause we have a common bond, and I am able to relate with him better. That being said, i do have un-saved friends, and they are my friends.

mysacrifice411
09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Don't you guys think being "saved" involves much more than just proclaiming Christ as your Savior? Can a guy just raise his hands and shout Hallelujah, then go on molesting little children or selling drugs. and get to heaven because he proclaimed Christ his Savior? James 2:19 says, "Thou believest there is one God; thou doest well; the devils also believe, and tremble." This basically means that believing in Christ, or knowing Him is not enough, because the devils also know Him and what He can do. Also James 2:26 says, "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." Is only faith enough? I don't think so. I think the person who is truly saved is the one that not only believes in Christ, but does ABSOLUTELY ALL THAT HE CAN to live like Him and personify His great teachings.

Sorry, this may be a bit off the subject....

ZION1010
09-25-2003, 02:22 PM
yes faith without works is dead and to anwser your questions many well cry lord oh lord and shall not enter

Torn Signs
09-25-2003, 04:57 PM
OK, after a long exeunt from this site I'm back....and with much to say...

First of all...hasn't it been read that what is written in Scott Stapp's songs is to be interpreted by whatever means the fans choose for themselves? Reading into things too much can cause a lot of problems in todays very solemn society Another thing...great message Kim V... but a church is not a building...it is the people in the building who create it. Just imagine w/o them...what it would be? And another thing, why is it that religion is constantly brought up as existing. Religion is a tradition passed down from generation to generation. Tradition is what catholics and all those missionaries back in the 1800's and such stressed upon Hawaii and the Latin Americas. There is no way that all the stuff that goes on w/ that tradition can really be what is needed to go to heaven.

Now, Delirium, welcome to the club of those saved. It rocks doesn't it? What's your story? I got punched in the jaw-almost busted it...was selfish...and learned that bein' rude gets nowhere. I then got moved to a different martial arts group...tae kwon do instead of karate by God guiding me. I believe that Zion and Mr. Seeker are also in the club. The bible is the best guiding book out there to teach us through this small life...until our eternal life of damnation or salvation w/ the Lord. ;)

Now back to the topic, Stapp is a person, he writes what his heart and yes, hopefully God, has guided him too. He is an evangelist as Kim V. stated. He is a great person and he sings great songs. As being a person though, he still makes mistake and has his own life. So whether or not he has been saved is his business. If

Now back to the main subject at hand. If he is a hyprocrite...then at least the message is going around. But honestly, is someone who has set his heart out for this really gonna betray all the fans? Chicago--he was expressing himself. Now, we await the next cd and argue over little things.

Oh...and a lot of this is my opinion...sry if I offended anyone. I never mean too... I just like to make people think. And I think you must have faith and such to go into heaven,...act on that faith. But you also need to believe in the 3 necessities-The Lord, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. Then like mentioned b4, you need to repent and admit your sins...sry again.

Peace out. ;)

Kim V.
09-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Thanks, Torn Signs. I know a church isn't just a building, we who follow the Lord are the church. I just meant that you can worship God anywhere, not just at a certain building with the same congregation, etc. You can be alone in your room and worship and praise Him and have relationship with Him; some would say that is better for them, personally, because they can just be themselves with God, not following a group, doing what the group thinks is the "right way" to worship, pray, etc. That is truly how to experience God anyway, when it's just you and Him, alone, you KNOW He's there, you hear Him and speak to Him for yourself, not so others hear how you pray, etc.:

As far as religion vs. spirituality, I think I stated that in the preceding paragraph! Even some of the best churches can get to seem "religious" because they tell you how you should or shouldn't do things, do the same things over and over again (like you worded it tradition) and lose sight of the chance to truly experience God, not letting some issues just be between you and God (that, to me, is real spirituality, knowing what God wants for me, what God tells me is right or wrong, etc.) I am human, I sin, I talk to the Lord about it and ask Him to forgive me. No condemnation here! He loves me unconditionally, no matter what. By the way, I do attend church just about every Sunday, I read the bible, etc. But I try very hard not to let "religion" take over, and let the Holy Spirit, not others in the congregation, tell me what to do and how to do it. That to me, is spirituality - close relationship with the Lord. Sorry so long......:( Guess when I have a point to make, I can be a little longwinded like Stapp:P

ZION1010
09-25-2003, 10:03 PM
if we could for a minute set down a think whos saved who aint saved the bible tell us that we know a christian by there fruits that they bare and when you see through the spirt you can see a whole lot more every man will be judged by his works great or small......im going to shut up now

Aimee
09-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Torn Signs said:
He is a great person
Do you KNOW Scott?
Zion said:
the bible tell us that we know a christian by there fruits
Don't you ever wonder what kind of fruit scott has under his public persona?? I suppose it doesn't really matter if in the end, the job gets done, right?

Ann Allusion
09-27-2003, 11:24 PM
But think of it this way. Every Saved Chrisitan is one God's children. That's why we always call each other brothers and sisters, cause in Christ we are. I'll admit that ill like a person better if they are saved, cause we have a common bond, and I am able to relate with him better. That being said, i do have un-saved friends, and they are my friends.

so we have to be "saved" to be one of Gods children?...every one of us whether we are "saved" by Christian Religious Standards or not, are children of God...WE ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS...WE ARE ALL CREATED BY THE SAME MAKER...should we be wearing a "saved" sticker to prove your beliefs and love for God...thing is...I believe God loves us all..whether we wear that sticker or not...it's men that require "proof".

Now on to the question...i have to kind of smile at it..ya see...this has been asked in posts more times than can be counted...and the only one that would be able to answer that would be Scott Stapp... he writes from what he knows...he has stated such in interviews many times...So instead of overanalyzing the lyrics, and trying to figure out what they mean to him...let them mean something to you...

~Ann~

MrSeeker
09-28-2003, 02:24 AM
Does it really matter? Maybe we should be dealing with ourselves and whether we're truely saved rather then debate about Scott.
I dont care whether Scott is saved or not,i do however think he is,but im not one to say whether he is or not, so i dont care.

Tranquil Beast
10-24-2003, 10:17 PM
I think that it wouldn't matter if Scott is saved or not... I mean, his lyrics are inspirational and motivational no matter what. I do believe he is an evangelist whether people believe he knows it or not. Just by helping people come that much closer to being saved is great work.

As Scott has said, we should all apply our own interpretation of the lyrics to the songs instead of trying to analyze whether or not he's singing about the Lord and how he has or hasn't been saved by Him. And because Scott did say that, I DO interpret his lyrics as something written for and to God.

And in some aspects, I do agree with Delirium. To me, I don't look down upon people who haven't been saved.... but it's more like I admire people who have been saved; I view them not as higher people, but rather people who, as Delirium said, have a bond with me. Not a bond that symbolizes them being brothers and sisters of mine, because all people are brothers and sisters of mine, but a bond that tells me that I can rely on them for spiritual inspiration in times when I'm down.... I hope people understand what I mean. hehe. :)

firemanpete
11-05-2003, 12:52 PM
hi all...
i'm a newbie here and just thought i'd make introductions and toss about a few bucketsfull of hiyas...

as for the thread here, might i offer for your consideration....

i've heard creed's work on the airwaves now for a little while and i say THEY ROCK in ways that most other bands could dream of rocking! that being said i sat down this morning and listened to a half dozen or so of their tunes while reading the lyrics off this site. personally i'd just like to say 'with arms wide open' moved me as a father. i'm not sure if i've interpreted the lyrics as they were intended but i found them quite well stated and wholely positive. i'll even suck up my neanderthal klingon-like demeanor and admit that it brought more than a couple tears (the good kind) to my eyes. no matter who's saved or not or who's striving to evangelize, i appreciate the ministry i received today. :)

BTW, does anyone here actually know these guys IRL? (just curious)

cheers,
pete

TeriB19
11-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey Pete, welcome to Creedfeed, great introductory post, by the way!! We won't hold the tears against you and if you'd like, we'll still treat you like a neandrethal klingon!! We aim to please!! Hope you like it here and will hang out awhile! :)

orlando
11-07-2003, 02:01 AM
THE ONLY WAY HE CAN BE COMPLETELY SAVED IS IF HE JOINS ME IN "THE PROMISE LAND"

creedsister
11-08-2003, 12:02 PM
ye no sheppeard hu

Lady Valkyrie
11-12-2003, 01:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lechium+09-19-2003 09:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lechium @ 09-19-2003 09:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> who's "saved" and who's "not" is their business and theirs only. defenetly not yours. [/b][/quote]
Actually I have to agree. I think we need to concern ourselves with our own spiritualism before we try to determine others salvation or lack thereof.

creedsister
11-12-2003, 05:07 PM
I dont agree with anything,,with,,lech,,says,,but,,,,I will say this..a persons,,soul,,is at argument,,here,,now,,only,,the lord thy god..could anwser,,such,,a question,,pray about,,it let god tell and if was left up to me,,i would close this thread with a big,,YEA....but its not,,,and give god the glory,,,but those who hide behind shadows,,would bring it on more,,,peace,,and god bless

Lady Valkyrie
11-12-2003, 09:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-creedsister+11-12-2003 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedsister @ 11-12-2003 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I dont agree with anything,,with,,lech,,says,,but,,,,I will say this..a persons,,soul,,is at argument,,here,,now,,only,,the lord thy god..could anwser,,such,,a question,,pray about,,it let god tell and if was left up to me,,i would close this thread with a big,,YEA....but its not,,,and give god the glory,,,but those who hide behind shadows,,would bring it on more,,,peace,,and god bless [/b][/quote]
LOL @ "THY" As if anyone talks like that anymore! It's no longer the 14th centery you know. ;)

knifer
11-18-2003, 12:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lady Valkyrie+11-12-2003 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lady Valkyrie @ 11-12-2003 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
LOL @ "THY" As if anyone talks like that anymore! It's no longer the 14th centery you know.[/b][/quote]
Again, I say, Thou art being too harsh, for one whose tone claimest superior enlightenment.

Sincirr
12-01-2003, 08:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-knifer+11-19-2003 03:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (knifer @ 11-19-2003 03:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Again, I say, Thou art being too harsh, for one whose tone claimest superior enlightenment. [/b][/quote]
LOL!

hello I'm not totally new, but havent been around 4 a while.

I got a prophetic word for Scott when he was out here. I hope that one day I will get to meet him and give it to him personally. I cant really tell you what it was, but it made me cry cos I could tell through it, that God really loves him.

creedsister
12-01-2003, 08:14 PM
yeap,,HE REALLY,,Loves Him

souldancer
12-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Oh, I really try to refrain from these kind of threads...Saved from what?!!! I am feeling that Creed and Scott remind me TO BE REAL.....and TO FEEL and I appreciate and acknowledge theri authenticty. THANK YOU SCOTT/ for your honesty...and personally I dont believe you have anyone or thing to report to....you just keep working through what you need to with your intentions///there is no right or wrong...what is right is only what is right FOR YOU in the moment. Your heart is full of goodness...and I have no tolerance for those that judge others (oops...was that a judgement.. ;-O. let them cast their stones.....)

creedsister
08-26-2004, 09:44 PM
I think so HaHaHaHa :D