Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Isabel comes our way [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Isabel comes our way

JenRN
09-15-2003, 09:07 AM
YIKES!!!!! This storm is heading straight for the Mid Atlantic states and I am in the middle:yikes: If anyone has been through on before they are not fun and the floods are wicked!!! Hopefully everyone on the east coast will be safe. It is now labeled a category 5 which is the worst.:eek: :scared: :flee:

Mulletman
09-15-2003, 09:54 AM
yea i saw... too bad its not going to florida. Alison kicked our ass and it was only a tropical storm

Steve
09-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Good luck fighting that hurricane. This is why I enjoy living in Wisconsin; yes, the snow can be killer at times, but it beats hurricanes any day :P

Mulletman
09-15-2003, 11:13 AM
yea, the only thing you got to worry about farmboy is the revolt from the cows

JulieCitySlicker
09-15-2003, 12:29 PM
Yikes! I hope you guys stay safe:( I'll pray that it misses you:angel:

Sheila63
09-15-2003, 12:37 PM
I'll be praying for you too, Jen, and anyone else that's in it's projected path. It could come up to the NorthEast where I live by the weekend.:eek: We've had two hurricans hit us here in CT that I can remember and both times we lost power, once for several days. :yikes:

whocares
09-15-2003, 01:28 PM
A little weather udpate...The storm is predicted to come ashore near the outer banks of n.c....then accelerate through va and md..also dc and suburbs...with over hurricane force winds...lots of damage in that area..dc md and va have never been cracked by a storm of this magnitude...prayers to all...

mushroomy2k
09-15-2003, 01:38 PM
i agree whocares ill pray for everyones safety.
i wished we could all will it away from anywhere.
i went to key west before andrew hit in 92
and homestead was really beautiful to,but after
andrew went through it really tore the place up.
if this storm came to us in florida it probibly would
cover the whole state.

JulieCitySlicker
09-15-2003, 02:25 PM
That is scary mushroomy:eek: Take care everybody:hugs: :(

Scutley
09-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Steve
Good luck fighting that hurricane. This is why I enjoy living in Wisconsin; yes, the snow can be killer at times, but it beats hurricanes any day :P

Steve you must be a wisonsin badger fan Im and Michigan State fan. I hope your safe and nothing troo bad happens.

Steve
09-15-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman
yea, the only thing you got to worry about farmboy is the revolt from the cows

:lol:

Scutly, I don't really follow college football. I'm a Green Bay Packer fan!!!!

On a serious note, hope everyone stays safe!

facelessman
09-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Georgia isnt in the path of the storm, but will get some rain and stuff. But im glad, b/c that means i wont have to work!!wooohooo!:dancing: :banana:

Blaize
09-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Everyone in this wretched hurricane's path try to stay safe!!!

Mulletman
09-15-2003, 03:55 PM
I try to follow college football, its kinda hard when im a huge Red Raider fan but the college is about 500 - 700 miles away. im not a loghorn fan and i hate the aggies.

UofH is SWC and Rice is WAC so they dont get all the hype as Big 12 schools

Mulletman
09-15-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by whocares
A little weather udpate...The storm is predicted to come ashore near the outer banks of n.c....then accelerate through va and md..also dc and suburbs...with over hurricane force winds...lots of damage in that area..dc md and va have never been cracked by a storm of this magnitude...prayers to all...

doesnt really matter where the eye is, what does the most damage are the northern bands. so if those bands are in yer direction.. run!

JenRN
09-15-2003, 05:10 PM
yea, the only thing you got to worry about farmboy is the revolt from the cows :rofl:

JenRN
09-15-2003, 05:34 PM
I went out and bought water, batteries, food etc. today. I have to work Thursday and Friday I hope I don't get stuck there:crying: :crying: I am NOT doing that again, it sucked during the blizzard:mad: They have already put Virginia in a "state of emergency" :scared:

TeriB19
09-15-2003, 05:59 PM
My husband is actually trying to talk me into taking the kids to his parents' house in Central PA. He's pretty worried about this storm, which is VERY out of the ordinary for him. He usually lets things roll off his back but this one has him worried. Now I'm worried. I'm stocking up on batteries, milk, bread and eggs tomorrow (yes, Carrie, I'll be making lots of French toast over the next few days!!!;).)

hotforscott
09-15-2003, 06:02 PM
LMAO, Teri! Everytime I eat french toast, I laugh about that. :D

Sheila63
09-15-2003, 07:41 PM
I guess I'll be going to the store tomorrow to stock up on some batteries and stuff too just to be on the safe side. Jen, I hope you don't get stuck at the hospital either. I remember when you had to stay there this winter during the blizzard.

Bridge of Clay
09-15-2003, 08:42 PM
ohhh.. I dunno what earthquakes, hurricanes, storms, snow are... sorry! :angel:

I hope you stay safe!

TeriB19
09-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Good news: Have plenty of batteries, both C & D:)
Bad news: My flashlight doesn't work.:madder:

hotforscott
09-15-2003, 08:47 PM
That sucks. I hope you have another.

TeriB19
09-15-2003, 08:53 PM
It's on my list of things to try to get tomorrow after work. But I do have plenty of candles (most of them are scented candles thanks to my Creedfeed Fest buddies). It'll be dimly lit in my house but it'll smell wonderful!!!!

JulieCitySlicker
09-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Teri,
thats cool that you atleast have candles and good smelling ones at that:dancing: I hope you can find a flashlight tomorrow girl:eek: I remember getting big snow storms in Ohio and the stores would be out of everything:eek:

JenRN
09-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
My husband is actually trying to talk me into taking the kids to his parents' house in Central PA. He's pretty worried about this storm, which is VERY out of the ordinary for him. He usually lets things roll off his back but this one has him worried. Now I'm worried. I'm stocking up on batteries, milk, bread and eggs tomorrow (yes, Carrie, I'll be making lots of French toast over the next few days!!!;).)
Yeah the more I see, the more I get worried Teri. I have a feeling after Thursday I won't be on here for awhile, let's hope that is not the case, BUT I have a feeling the power is going to be out for awhile:crying: :crying: :crying:

TeriB19
09-15-2003, 10:57 PM
Jen do you have to work this week?

JenRN
09-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Yes!!!!! :mad: I have to work Thursday and Friday the days it hits here, figures!:rolleyes:

JulieCitySlicker
09-15-2003, 11:09 PM
That sucks Jen:(

JenRN
09-15-2003, 11:13 PM
I have to get a house for the cats on my porch for this storm, my porch is covered and all but when it rains hard parts of it get wet. I don't want any scared kitties:(

TeriB19
09-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Hope they don't all blow away Jen! It'll look like the movie Twister, only with kitties, not cows.

Scutley
09-15-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Steve
:lol:  

Scutly, I don't really follow college football. I'm a Green Bay Packer fan!!!!

On a serious note, hope everyone stays safe!

they kicked the lions @$$ this past weekend, I knew they would people were so excited because they thought liopns would win. Just because a team gets a new coach doesn't mean they are going to be good. Anyways back on topic

Isabel is at a catorgory 3 now they think it will stay the same if it does hit landfall they are estimating Isabel will hit the D.C and could hit as early as thuresday night people who live by there please take the apporiate care and shelter that they are advsing you too. We don't want anyone to get hurt.

JulieCitySlicker
09-15-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Hope they don't all blow away Jen! It'll look like the movie Twister, only with kitties, not cows.

That would be horrible Teri:eek: :(

Mulletman
09-16-2003, 10:12 AM
yea the good news now is that the eye has colapsed on its own.

JenRN
09-16-2003, 10:46 AM
In a few minutes I am going out to "clear my yard" of any possible flying objects with the wind gusts expected to reach 50 mph even on land:eek: I have been here when a hurricane has hit before, NOT FUN!!!!!:yikes:

Sheila63
09-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Stay safe, Jen.:hugs: :hugs: I hope you've found some kind of shelter to keep the kitties safe too.

TeriB19
09-16-2003, 11:04 PM
Well the latest projected path that I've seen has Isabel tracking a little farther to the West, so we here on the Jersey Shore may actually dodge the big bullet. We may only get tropical storm force winds here. But she's strengthening again, scientists are seeing the eye wall redevelop. And when she hits that Gulf Stream and warmer waters, things could get worse!!

JulieCitySlicker
09-16-2003, 11:08 PM
OMG! Teri:eek: what a scary storm:( I hope you guys stay safe from this! You are all in my prayers:angel:

JenRN
09-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Yeah how would you all like to live here in Virginia? I am only 45 minutes from the Chesapeake Bay! I have a feeling after Wednesday I won't be here for awhile:crying:

JenRN
09-17-2003, 09:11 AM
I am getting ready to go to the store, hopefully there will be food there to buy. I need to get gas in my grill tank too because they are forcasting the power to be out for a long time!:eek:

Sheila63
09-17-2003, 12:23 PM
That doesn't sound good, Jen.:yikes: I wish you all the best with your shopping. I know how crazy the stores get here when a storm is predicted. It looks like we'll miss the full force of the hurricane although they're predicting alot of wind and rain on Friday.

marlsy
09-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>In a few minutes I am going out to "clear my yard" of any possible flying objects with the wind gusts expected to reach 50 mph even on land:eek: &nbsp; I have been here when a hurricane has hit before, NOT FUN!!!!!:yikes: </b>

Here in so cali I have expericenced 100 mile an hour wind gusts without a cloud in the sky, they are called Santa Ana winds and can be really really bad. I can remember one night when I was younger listening to our roof rip off!! I can't imagine it with heavy rain!!

Jen I hope you get through it ok!! Take care!!!!!!

JenRN
09-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Thanks Marlsy:D I remember learning about Santa Ana winds in school, YIKES!!! I am the most worried about trees, I have a TON of 60-70 yr old tress around my house that if they come down we are in deep shit! We have no garage so the cars are toast and the house well....... let's just hope this does not happen. I wish this damn thing was over, I am sick of worrying about it!:mad:

SCOTTSMYMAN
09-17-2003, 03:20 PM
I hope you make it through his ok Jen. My daughter is getting out of school early tomorrow because of this. Lucky,I'm all stocked up on things so I should be ok! It looks like it just might miss us here in NJ. Crossing my fingers that it does!:eek:

TeriB19
09-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Jen I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and take good care of yourself and your hubby. We are waiting to hear if the kids will have school Friday.

JenRN
09-18-2003, 10:07 AM
I am at work now and really worried. It is going to get really bad here right when I am scheduled to go home. I have a feeling I will be stranded here again:crying: Please say a prayer for me, I am REALLY worried about destruction on my home and car. I will keep you posted as best as I can! I took my husbands Sante Fe to work today seeing it is higher off the ground. The hospital is at full census so I will have no bed to sleep in, this is becoming a freaking nightmare!!!!!:crying: :crying:

SCOTTSMYMAN
09-18-2003, 10:22 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers Jen. I hope you get through this ok. Try to keep us updated on the progress of the storm. You'll be ok I'm sure of it! BIG:hugs: :angel:

JenRN
09-18-2003, 12:01 PM
The hopsital is on highest alert now, we are the only ones in the area with generators, sooooo all the people at home on vents etc... will come here:( This is going to be interesting:crying:

Sheila63
09-18-2003, 12:11 PM
You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers, Jen. Take care of yourself and I hope you get home safe and sound today. :hugs: :hugs: :angel:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in hopes that it doesn't get too crazy at the hospital.

JenRN
09-18-2003, 03:59 PM
HOL SHIT!!!!!! You should here the freaking WIND!!!!!!:eek: :eek: WE are on generator now, OMG!!!!!

JulieCitySlicker
09-18-2003, 04:07 PM
OMG! Jem, I will definitely be praying for you girl{{{HUGS}}} Please stay safe and keep us posted!

Xterminator27
09-18-2003, 07:18 PM
Hey i might get a little peice of whats left of this hurricane
whow first hurricane to hit my place in 60 years
butr its besically dead and not NEARLY as strong as those americans who have to run for their lives

Sheila63
09-18-2003, 08:00 PM
I was watching the Weather channel when I got home from work and NC, VA and MD are really getting hit.:eek: :( I hope your safe at the hospital or at home, Jen.((((HUGS))))

Everyone here in the NJ/Philadelphia area are in my thoughts and prayers tonight as well. :hugs: :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker
09-18-2003, 08:15 PM
OMG! Sheila, That is scary:eek: I am getting worried:(

I hope everyone is alright:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sheila63
09-18-2003, 08:19 PM
I know it's scary how powerful mother nature can be!! They were showing areas that were flooded and there was also a tornado or two sited. I feel for everyone living in the Mid-Atlantic coast tonight.:(

JenRN
09-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Just to let you all know, I am here at the hospital. I am staying the night, I have no power at home and there are trees down everywhere:crying: Soooooo.... I am staying here, we have no power either, but we are on generator. The room I am staying in is leaking water out of the window:eek: So I am OK and here at the hospital like I knew I would be, wish me luck!:( :crying:

JulieCitySlicker
09-18-2003, 09:16 PM
Aww! Jen:( I'm sorry you got stuck at the hospital girl:crying: Good luck tonight:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

hotforscott
09-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Gosh girl, I hope you have a good night under the circumstances. We are thinking of you.

Sheila63
09-18-2003, 09:35 PM
I'm sorry you're stuck at the hospital, Jen :( but I'm happy that you're safe. I hope you can get some sleep tonight. You must be exhausted!! Please keep us posted on how you're doing when you can. :hugs: :hugs:

JenRN
09-18-2003, 09:52 PM
I am so freaking tired I can't stand it! The wind is blowing so bad and I am on the top floor of the hospital so it is horrific. This is the worst storm I have ever been through, I would rather have a blizzard than this. My husband says the power lines are hanging and the trees are coming down at my house, I guess it is good I am not there I would be freaking out.:eek:

JulieCitySlicker
09-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Oh No Jen!:eek: I'll bet you are freaking out! I would be to if I was there...on the top floor:eek:

JenRN
09-18-2003, 10:02 PM
The entire freaking hospital in the front is made of glass, and we are up on a hill........ yeah sure I will sleep tonight:rolleyes:

JulieCitySlicker
09-18-2003, 10:16 PM
That sucks Jen:eek: :(

JenRN
09-18-2003, 10:19 PM
The walls are vibrating and the window is gushing out water on the sides, this really bites. The eye is over us now. I am really afraid to see the daylight come in the am, the destruction is going to be massive:crying: :crying:

JenRN
09-19-2003, 09:37 AM
I am here STILL at work, I have to work another 12 hours now on about 3 hours sleep! We are the only ones in town with power so everyone and thier mother are coming here for food, it is a mess! I talked to my husband and he is walking around town with the video camera filming the destruction. He says power lines are down, poles are on fire and my street is closed, due to massive trees in the road. So far my house has done fair and my car remains in one piece. Me on other hand I am exhausted and looking forward to my own bed tonight power in the house or not. :crying:

Mulletman
09-19-2003, 09:45 AM
why does it sound like you guys have never been through a hurricane?

i mean, we get them here every summer and we're worse off than you, the whole Texas gulf coast is below sea level. sweetheart, yer gonna be fine. trust me.

JenRN
09-19-2003, 10:26 AM
why does it sound like you guys have never been through a hurricane?

i mean, we get them here every summer and we're worse off than you, the whole Texas gulf coast is below sea level. sweetheart, yer gonna be fine. trust me.
Virginia has not seen a hurricane like this in over 12 years. I myself am a northerner so this is a BIG deal to me! This was a massive hurricane and caused major destruction, parts of Fairfax and DC are flooded and under water, thier are no gas stations, grocery stores open etc... we are the only hospital in the 100 mile radius that has the electrical power and water power to do dialysis etc.... so yeah I guess with 3 hours of sleep and barely any food and being the "charge nurse" my nerves are frayed a little! Just watch the news you will see the destruction I am talking about. Sorry about Texas, what hit there?

TeriB19
09-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Well Jen I'm glad to hear that your house and vehicles survived the storm, sorry that you have to be stuck there but better safe than sorry. We managed to get through with just some small branches off the trees. My neighbor had the top of one of his trees snap off but luckily it landed in the street, not on his house. We ended up very lucky up here.

Mulletman
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Allison (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ftproot/HGX/HTML/projects/allison01/pictures.htm)

imagine Fairfax all the way to Baltimore under water... that happens more often here. the whole texas medical center, 25 major hospitals, underwater.

3 hours of sleep, no food, frayed nerves... strong woman. i would of hit the morphine a loooooong time ago!

SCOTTSMYMAN
09-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Jen glad to hear you made it ok.:hugs: My prayers are still with you.:) At least you have some power where you are! Hope you get home soon to some well deserved sleep :goodnight We did ok here. Nothing major just some small branches in the backyard. I'm pretty sure whatever we got we all slept through it! ;)

JulieCitySlicker
09-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Those are some very devastating pictures Mullet:( :eek:

JenRN
09-19-2003, 04:38 PM
After I leave here today from work, I will enter the REAL hell zone, no telephone or power, so it will be several days I am sure before I am on here again!:crying:

JulieCitySlicker
09-19-2003, 05:16 PM
That sucks Jen:crying: I wish you the best girl and hope you can come back soon:hugs:

Sheila63
09-19-2003, 09:35 PM
I'll miss you, Jen.:( You take care of yourself, get some well deserved rest and come back when you can. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.:hugs: