Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
stand here with me!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : stand here with me!!

hide
09-14-2003, 03:14 AM
who do we think it is adressed to?

upon first listen a lot of the phrases seem to point to God but I highly doubt it, I'm almost certain it is a very close friend of Stapp. Does he have a mentor of sorts who he can learn from and confide in? who do you think Stapp is singing to?

wrongway
09-14-2003, 09:43 AM
I agree - maybe the song is adressed to a close friend of his. But somehow it seems like he is talking about something/somebody from the past. Like "All those memories we share" - kinda makes me think of an old friend to whom I haven't spoken for a long time. And he uses the past tense, which might mean that the connection to the something/somebody has been dropped. "So now you live on in the words of a song" - maybe even a lost or dead friend?

I don't know... Just guessing!

TeriB19
09-14-2003, 10:02 AM
I know several times last year, Scott said it was meant for the fans that stood by them.

hotforscott
09-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Exactly, that is what he said at the show I went to in September. That is was written for the fans. Makes sense to me.

ZION1010
09-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by hide
who do we think it is adressed to?  

upon first listen a lot of the phrases seem to point to God but I highly doubt it, I'm almost certain it is a very close friend of Stapp.  Does he have a mentor of sorts who he can learn from and confide in?  who do you think Stapp is singing to? I Know Who He Is Singing To And What For...But Hay Im Not Going to Arguee About Ethier...ps It Was To His Best Friend

luvin monti
09-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Scott said it was meant for the fans that stood by them.

The song can be meant for so many people, in so many different context's...which is why I absolutely love their music! No matter what mood I'm in or what is going on in my life, I can listen to them and it will help guide me through it all! I give them soooo many thanks for doing what they do, and for them bring their lyrics to us! It's unbelievable!

Marty
09-14-2003, 01:32 PM
He says it different each time, at the Olmypics he said it was for a someone who helped you or changed something in your life or whatever.

Really its one of those songs that you can take and give it your own meaning.
________
Cheap herbal vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

JenRN
09-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Teri is right, they have written that for the fans. You can apply it to whatever though:D

ZION1010
09-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Marty
He says it different each time, at the Olmypics he said it was for a someone who helped you or changed something in your life or whatever.

Really its one of those songs that you can take and give it your own meaning. Yea It Really Is One Of Those kinda songs That,,,you Can Take It Either Way You Want It To be Heard......Everybodys Got There opion

TeriB19
09-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Most of their songs can be interpreted in so many ways, that's what makes us all think.

hide
09-14-2003, 10:23 PM
i listened to the interveiw the local pastors done a few years ago with Stapp and he mentions his Youth Pastor as a guy who he said was real and you could tell he had really gone through some stuff. I'm thinking perhaps as well as the fans this song is addressed to him because he showed him right and wrong that SHWM talks about.

ZION1010
09-15-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by luvin monti
The song can be meant for so many people, in so many different context's...which is why I absolutely love their music!  No matter what mood I'm in or what is going on in my life, I can listen to them and it will help guide me through it all!  I give them soooo  many thanks for doing what they do, and for them bring their lyrics to us!  It's unbelievable! Sooooooo....true

hide
09-15-2003, 01:04 AM
its the sign of a great lyrist when their lyrics can be applied to so many different situations and interpreted so differently but they are still quite clear if that makes any sense.

JulieCitySlicker
09-15-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
I know several times last year, Scott said it was meant for the fans that stood by them. I agree Teri;)

ZION1010
09-15-2003, 11:12 AM
its the sign of a great lyrist when their lyrics can be applied to so many different situations and interpreted so differently but they are still quite clear if that makes any sense. Yea It Makes All Sense

wrongway
09-15-2003, 11:22 AM
What do you think the song faceless man is about? And who do you think the faceless man is? And finally the warrior, who is he?

ZION1010
09-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Ummmmm?....Clueles Here...But I know A Facelessman Too....And Hes As Many Names...shilo...The Prince Of Peace....the Rose Of sharon...The ....Lamb....The...Carpetner...The...Auther...And Finsher...The...Redemer...Emanuwel...The Lord Of...Host...The..Nazarine...The son Of man....The Christ....................Perhaps could This Be the same Faceless Man?.....Mayebe..HuH....Or She This Go To Another....Fourum.......This Is The Music Forum...Rite...You Guys Decide..........ZION

mysacrifice411
09-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Faceless Man had me confused for a while.... I don't know what Stapp himself has said about this, but I'll give you my opinions:

First of all, the person Stapp sees in the water is NOT the "Faceless Man," because, if he was faceless, how could he be the reason Stapp sees "a face on the water." So obviously Stapp is seeing and describing someone, but it's not the "Faceless Man."

Looking at the lyrics, I think the face he sees is either Christ, or someone trying to live like Him. "His yoke is easy, and His burden is light" proves that; just go to Matthew 11:30. Also "He looked me right in the eyes, direct and concise, to remind me to always do what's right." It's quite possible that Stapp is looking at his reflection, because he's seeing a face on the water. But I think these phrases point to Christ. (If Christ doesn't have the "will of a warrior", then, tell me, who on earth does?)

Stapp sings time and again that he stands "against the Faceless Man," which, I guess, could mean opposite, as in a reflectin, but I think it's more of a thing like he'll stand up for what he believes in no matter what others may say or do. The Faceless Man, in my opinion, is someone who does not act upon what he or she professes to believe in, or perhaps persecutes others for their beliefs. "If the face inside can't see the light, I know I'll have to walk alone. And if I walk alone to the other side, I know I might not make it home." This is referring to living righteously, trying to make it to Heaven by seeing the light.

I don't know if I make sense, and I'm probably wrong, but this is just my crazy opinion.

Sheila63
09-15-2003, 12:13 PM
It makes sense to me mysacrifice. From the very first time I heard that song, it really hit me.

hide
09-15-2003, 09:48 PM
it were songs like faceless man that made me think a long with others that Creed were indeed a christian band. Where he saids he walks alone to the other side.... he could be using an illustration from Pilgrims Progress the very well-known christian book that i'm sure he studied in his early teens.

Standing against the faceless man is Stapp's rebelling against Christ and he then describes others around him such as other people in his church, perhaps people in his family, neighbours and the like who acted rightous and knew their bibles but they were no different in the interior to anyone else.

facelessman
09-16-2003, 12:55 AM
yeah...the fans sound good, but a close friend sounds good too

mysacrifice411
09-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Hide, you said that standing against the Faceless Man is Stapp's rebelling against Christ. I'm just wondering if you think Christ is the "Faceless Man." I don't know if He's ever been referred to that in the Bible or whatever, but I would think "Faceless" is a derogatory term, someone who isn't really who they profess to be, etc.

I'm not trying to be contradictory or anything. I'm just not too clear on what you said...

ZION1010
09-16-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by mysacrifice411
<b>Hide, you said that standing against the Faceless Man is Stapp's rebelling against Christ. &nbsp;I'm just wondering if you think Christ is the "Faceless Man." &nbsp;I don't know if He's ever been referred to that in the Bible or whatever, but I would think "Faceless" is a derogatory term, someone who isn't really who they profess to be, etc. &nbsp;

I'm not trying to be contradictory or anything. &nbsp;I'm just not too clear on what you said... </b> No Were In The Bible is Christ Called The Faceless Man....But It

JenRN
09-16-2003, 05:02 PM
The Faceless man can be lots of people really. I guess whomever you wish it to be when you listen to the song is fine. It could be GOD, could be a indian chief, could be a father, could be lots of people.:dunno:

hotforscott
09-16-2003, 06:01 PM
That's the way I feel about it, as well!

hide
09-16-2003, 09:05 PM
that is a good point faceless could be a deregatory term but stapp also saids of the faceless man "his yoke is easy and his burden is light". This is straight from the bible and describes the Christ. Maybe Stapp could somehow be the Faceless Man and he is struggling with his inner demons.

mysacrifice411
09-17-2003, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I know Stapp says that. I know the Bible says that, too (Matt 11:30). But is he describing the Faceless Man? He says
"I saw a FACE on the water / It looked humble but willing to fight...." then goes on to talk about the yoke/burden description. The point I'm getting at is if he's describing the FACE he saw on the water, how could the person he's describing be a "Faceless Man" ? Faceless seems to be something that DOES NOT describe someone with a "face," symbolic or not... Do you know what I mean?

mysacrifice411
09-17-2003, 01:23 AM
Sorry to do two posts, but I think the song portrays how Stapp describes the positive attributes of whoever he sees in the water, then notes that he himself stands against anyone who is "Faceless," perhaps someone who does not portray the qualities of the "face on the water." I don't think the man in the water is the "Faceless Man."

hide
09-17-2003, 02:38 AM
thats a good point and stapp has written a song that we could discuss for the whole day and still not work it out. He seems to be descibing Christ yoke is easy etc; and even saids Lord God I stand. But the faceless man could be those that profess to have a faith but are not living that they are fake and are then faceless.

They pretend to live like Christ but they are the faceless man. Perhaps its an illustation I believe from James 2. James describes the man who looks at himself in the mirror but then forgets what he looks like. The faceless man could be one who reads the scriptures but then does not act on what he reads it is merely a book. Perhaps Stapp came across many such people or he wonders if he is indeed like that himself.

mysacrifice411
09-17-2003, 12:23 PM
Exactly. That's what I was trying to get at. :)

facelessman
09-17-2003, 07:41 PM
yes, faceless can be used as a derogatory term, but it doesnt have to be. if Stapp is talkin about Christ, we know that he did exist and everything. but does anyone know exactly what he looks like? he has so much influence in peoples lives, but noone has seen him or knows what he looks like. he remains faceless, b/c we know that he has a body, but once again, we dont know what he looks like

facelessman
09-17-2003, 07:43 PM
we dont know who the facless man is exactly, but we can guess.the only way to find out is by goin to the source, which is Stapp, and you know that he wont tell us exactly what it means

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 08:56 PM
I h

facelessman
09-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by ZION1010
I h
huh?:confused:

hide
09-17-2003, 10:15 PM
the only way we will ever find out the real meaning is to ask Stapp and he will never tell us and I wouldn't want it any other way. That is possible we don't know what he looks like, in some parts of the song it appears the faceless man is Christ but in others it appears the faceless man is a deregotary term.

mysacrifice411
09-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Very interesting. I kinda like your approach, having "Faceless" be a purely physical term. It sheds a whole new light on the song.
:)

I didn't mean to sound argumentive or anything earlier, I just didn't feel like I was getting my point across too well.

Going along with what you said, hide, the most important interpretation of a song is the one that means the most to whoever is interpreting it. :)

hide
09-18-2003, 12:33 AM
thats true but i like to know what a song is really saying, higher for example has taken on new meaning after i found out what its about quite recently.

ZION1010
09-18-2003, 10:35 AM
thats true but i like to know what a song is really saying, higher for example has taken on new meaning after i found out what its about quite recently. really...what did you find out there hide?

facelessman
09-18-2003, 09:25 PM
yeah

hide
09-21-2003, 10:31 PM
i found out from a christian site i think the link it christianmusic.com or perhaps christianrock.com. article said that higher is a result of a book that stapp was reading after he had this recurring nightmare, so the song is about lucid dreaming and i guess the rest of the song deals with how the world can be a better place.

facelessman
09-21-2003, 11:00 PM
hmm interesting