Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Brother Of Mine [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Brother Of Mine

benkenobi
09-10-2003, 10:36 PM
Ok, I've been skimming through some of the other threads, and people are starting to bring up talk again about Brett/BOM, so I thought I might as well make a thread to that song!

Remember, Brett and Creed wrote this song after they visited "Ground Zero," and also the 2nd year anniversary of Sept. 11th is tomorrow. What do you all think about the song? And its reflective lyrics of 9/11?

TeriB19
09-10-2003, 10:42 PM
I love the song, personally. As many of you know, my big brother is a fireman and my hero. I look upon that song as inspirational.

benkenobi
09-10-2003, 10:53 PM
That's awesome Teri! I didn't know that.

Dogstar
09-10-2003, 11:00 PM
I like it, too.

benkenobi
09-10-2003, 11:11 PM
I almost forgot the entire reason I made this thread. I've never told you all before, but I went to New York City last year and our tour bus dropped us off at "Ground Zero." I really don't know how to describe the feelings I felt at the actually site, but my friend right beside me all of a sudden says, "Hey, just look straight above us," and there was this horizontal rainbow coming out of the sky. It was on a warm sunny day too. Absolutely Amazing!!!

Anyways, I went back on the tour bus a little early and listened to "Brother of Mine" with the whole reason the song was written right in front of me. I don't think I really knew how powerful the song was or maybe fully appreciated it until I heard it at "Ground Zero."

ZION1010
09-10-2003, 11:40 PM
Ive Never Heard The Song But thats a Heart Warming Story You Got There ben

hide
09-11-2003, 12:07 AM
I didn't realise Brett wrote this song with Creed that is really awesome. So did Brett write the lyrics and Mark was responsible for most of the music? I remember reading somewhere Mark talking about a song he wrote about Sept.11 this must be what he was talking about.

ZION1010
09-11-2003, 12:22 AM
Okay It Sounds Good Tho

hide
09-11-2003, 12:35 AM
This song should be played most nights at Creed concerts!

MrSeeker
09-11-2003, 01:28 AM
Its an awesome song!
p.s. POD rocks,cant wait for the new album!!!!

Said Eyes
09-11-2003, 04:39 AM
It's a Virgos song featuring the members of Creed (Stapp does backup vocals - for like 5 seconds I think; Tremonti did some guitars obviously; Phillips did the piano at the end)

They've packaged it with Virgos' last cd, and it doesn't really fit at all. But its a nice song.

hotforscott
09-11-2003, 06:54 AM
I like it as well. I have not heard any other Virgos songs. I haven't not really gotten into them. I may check it out. Thanks.

JenRN
09-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Yeah I love this song, it is really good. I have seen Virgos in concert, they were OK. I myself was contacted by the Red Cross to go to Ground Zero 2 days after the attack, but my hospital would not let me go due to a staffing shortage. I was REALLY dissapointed, it was something I wanted to do soooo badly! I vivdly remember 5 years ago traveling to NYC and going to the observation level on the World Trade Center, it was a beautiful building, I will remember it fondly!

Sheila63
09-11-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by benkenobi
<b>I almost forgot the entire reason I made this thread. I've never told you all before, but I went to New York City last year and our tour bus dropped us off at "Ground Zero." I really don't know how to describe the feelings I felt at the actually site, but my friend right beside me all of a sudden says, "Hey, just look straight above us," and there was this horizontal rainbow coming out of the sky. It was on a warm sunny day too. Absolutely Amazing!!!

Anyways, I went back on the tour bus a little early and listened to "Brother of Mine" with the whole reason the song was written right in front of me. I don't think I really knew how powerful the song was or maybe fully appreciated it until I heard it at "Ground Zero." </b>

Ben, thanks so much for sharing your story with us.:D I can only imagine how it must feel to be there. I really wanted to go to NYC shortly after the attacks to help volunteer but it didn't work out. I didn't know that they wrote that song after going to ground zero, so thanks for sharing that too. :)

Bridge of Clay
09-11-2003, 04:55 PM
yeah, Brett wrote the lyrics and Stapp just polished it a bit.

JulieCitySlicker
09-11-2003, 05:57 PM
I havn't heard the song either:)

tremonti.net
09-12-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by hide
I didn't realise Brett wrote this song with Creed that is really awesome. &nbsp;So did Brett write the lyrics and Mark was responsible for most of the music? &nbsp;I remember reading somewhere Mark talking about a song he wrote about Sept.11 this must be what he was talking about.
And Mark also mentioned that he never finished it.
________
Marijuana news (http://potwire.com)
________
American recipes (http://www.cooking-chef.com/american/)

facelessman
09-12-2003, 01:45 AM
hmmm i gonna have to check that song out

hide
09-12-2003, 04:42 AM
tremonti.net are you from the site because if you are the audio page is not working at all for me. also tremonti.net is the song mark was talking about brother of mine or a different song. ok brett wrote brother of mine, stapp touched up the lyrics did mark help or write the music himself or did brett do it?

Bridge of Clay
09-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Brother of Mine is a song, written by Brett, touched by Stapp.

Tremonti's song about 9/11 is another one, that's unfinished.

tremonti.net is one of the owners of tremonti.et. Puj, the other one, is revamping the site, that's why it's not working fine lately.

hide
09-14-2003, 02:47 AM
i listened to an interveiw the other day and that cleared that up okay i understand now. i hope tremonti.net is back up soon is being a while same deal with marktremonti.net.

creeddane
10-13-2003, 04:07 PM
not really the most exiting song i've heard lately

hide
10-13-2003, 09:28 PM
I think the songs lyrics are quite touching, the guitar could be better but Brett's voice suits the song he has a fantastic voice.

Said Eyes
10-18-2003, 12:43 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-N30°14+09-13-2003 09:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N30°14 @ 09-13-2003 09:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Brother of Mine is a song, written by Brett, touched by Stapp.[/b][/quote]
Dude, no.

Virgos wrote the song. As the singer, Brett did the lyrics.

Take a look at the Path of Least Resistance CD that it appears on - it's written: "All tracks written by Virgos." Not "All tracks written by Virgos except track 12 which was written by Hestla and Stapp."

Also in the insert:

Additional Musicians: Scott Stapp - Additional Vocals on "Brother", Mark Tremonti - Aditional guitars on "Brother", Scott Phillips - Keyboards on "Brother".

And also, the song is called "Brother", not "Brother of Mine".

Steve
10-18-2003, 01:05 AM
The song is called "Brother of Mine" on ScreamTracks Volume 1...

hide
10-19-2003, 11:41 PM
Stapp didn't touch up any of the lyrics? I guess as Creed fans it would have good but Hestla is a quality lyricist. The lyrics are good but not as good as Stapp's of me. The song isn't really a Virgos or Creed song but a collabration between the two bands written by Hestla. Did Mark write the music?

Said Eyes
10-20-2003, 04:51 AM
I dont know, but he certainly did play.

hide
10-21-2003, 08:55 PM
While Stapp writes almost all the lyrics Creed is really blessed to have 3 guys who can write quality lyrics if you can 'Brother of Mine' written by "the fourth member" Brett Hestla. Mark has written some great stuff such as the haunting "Torn" and the chorus to "My Own Prison". Hopefully the next album is more of a collabration with everyone writing songs not just Stapp/Tremonti.

DSDTonya
10-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Here it is again-Ive never heard of this until now. Is there somewhere or somebody who could post the lyrics?

I didnt know Phillips played piano either.

again-......I feel so unaware lol

hide
10-23-2003, 09:36 PM
I hope Creed pulls this out at least once!

tremonti.net
10-24-2003, 07:31 AM
On the subject of Brett Hestla, check out Virgos Merlot's Kiss My Disease. Those lyrics are pretty awesome. The riff is great too.
________
Galleria Ferrari (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Galleria_Ferrari)
________
VIDEO REVIEWS (http://videoreviews.org)

hide
10-24-2003, 07:35 AM
would love to get their stuff but no Virgos cds in Australia to my knowledge and I don't have a credit card. I guess i'll have to get it imported which won't be cheap. Can you post the lyrics or post the link to them?

tremonti.net
10-24-2003, 07:40 AM
Praying hands grasp a throat
Searching for a song they wrote
Heater just won't warm a frozen spirit

Just a man with a cause
No reward and no applause
If there was a call he did not hear it

Tiny hero fighting big battles
Mind of stone breaks and rattles

Chorus:
The only thing I need
Kiss my disease
And make it all better
Clean me when I bleed, justify me
Make words of my scattered letters

Hunger pains take control
Growling at the tired soul
Withered body just won't meet the demands

Growing older, growing weak
Going nowhere, future's bleak
Need another spark to fire up the plan

Tiny hero fighting big battles
Mind of stone overcomes the rattles

Repeat Chorus
________
Ipad guide (http://ipadguides.info)
________
SHEMALE FETISH (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/961/fetish/videos/1)

DSDTonya
10-24-2003, 08:21 AM
WOW! Thanks!

hide
10-24-2003, 08:26 AM
thanks a lot for that Brett would add so much to the band great lyricist and songwriter and he fits in so well with the band.

SmilinSkullRing
10-25-2003, 01:37 AM
Does anyone have the lyrics they can post to "Brother" or "Brother of Mine" since there seems to be confusion over the title?

BTW, is "Signs of a Vacant Soul" the only Virgos Merlot cd?

tremonti.net
10-25-2003, 02:19 AM
The lyrics to Brother Of Mine are on this site:
http://www.creedfeed.com/songs/brother_of_mine

Virgos (aka Virgos Merlot) also released The Path Of Least Resistance. In that PRS Tremonti SE promotion poster, Mark was wearing a ViRGOS shirt. There's also an EP called "Virgos Collapse: The EP". You can get both at http://www.bandrags.com for really cheap.

Edited to add: They were previously also known as The Devine, and if you have a look at the "Thanks" in My Own Prison, you'll see them in there.
________
U platform (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_U_platform)
________
Bondage Tits (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/407/tits/videos/1)

SmilinSkullRing
10-25-2003, 02:32 AM
Thanks a lot for the info!

hide
10-25-2003, 07:06 AM
oh they were the Devine so they knew them from almost the beginning I didn't know that. Man I have to get a credit card so I can get some of their stuff..actually a credit card is not a good idea.

SmilinSkullRing
10-29-2003, 07:00 PM
After reading the lyrics I downloaded BOM the other day. Good song!

hide
10-29-2003, 09:01 PM
yeah its a great song with great lyrics and a lot feeling. Imagine Brett joining the band Creed would have 3 guys who can handle the vocals with 2 of them been able to do lead vocals with no problems. Plus Mark has been working on his voice and his back-up vocals are great.

benkenobi
10-29-2003, 09:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tremonti.net+10-24-2003 06:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tremonti.net @ 10-24-2003 06:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> On the subject of Brett Hestla, check out Virgos Merlot's Kiss My Disease. Those lyrics are pretty awesome. The riff is great too. [/b][/quote]
That song rocks!!!

RMadd
11-05-2003, 07:59 PM
Anyone know where I'd be able to download this song? It's intriguing, but I've got no clue where to find it (can't find it on any of my "usual" sites). Or anyone got a file they could send me (my AIM's listed on my profile).

hide
11-05-2003, 09:47 PM
marktremonti.net used to have it perhaps you could PM tremonti.net!

RMadd
11-05-2003, 10:13 PM
thanks