Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Dogstar & Jerry Cantrell [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Dogstar & Jerry Cantrell

TeriB19
11-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Dogstar should be back soon, wonder how her visit with Jerry Cantrell was? She's seeing him twice in one week, lucky Dogstar.

luvscott4ever
11-05-2002, 10:53 PM
cool...is DS at Jerry's right now?? I'm sure she's having the time of her life...she's as obsessed with Jerry as I am with Scott!!!!

TeriB19
11-05-2002, 10:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the show was last night and she was staying up there with her parents. I know she's obsessed with him, but wherever she has taken him, she has to have him back by Saturday, she's already paid for another ticket to see him in Philly.

luvscott4ever
11-05-2002, 11:02 PM
:roll: :lol: Teri you are toooo funny!!!

souldancer
11-06-2002, 03:21 AM
:dancing: :dancing: I bet Jerry and Dogstar had a HOWLING great time! Can't wait to hear about it.

Dogstar
11-06-2002, 05:13 AM
OMG. I am soooo laughing my a** off at this thread right now. I cracked UP when I saw it. You guys are too friggin' funny. Thanks so much for thinking about me.

I, alas, did not meet Jerry but I was 15 feet from him on the FREAKIN' RAIL. I can't believe I got up there! It ranked as one of THE BEST shows I HAVE EVER SEEN. Sorry for the caps. I'm still on a Jerry high. I'm listening to him right now.

TeriB: I only WISH I could have taken him somewhere....
Luvscott: you are soooo right about my obsession.
Souldancer: I would LOVE to howl with Jerry anytime. For a blond (I usally go for tall, dark and handsome, what a surprise, eh?), he' pretty freakin' hot. A little skinny, but he's got it all in the right places....OMG....<----needs a cooooold shower!

Anyway, I nearly blew out the vocal cords singing Man In The Box, but I have since recovered and should be in fine form, minus this friggin' cold, by Saturday. Now, I will have to be careful to save the voice as there will be much singing and rejoicing on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 11:13 AM
Anyway, I nearly blew out the vocal cords singing Man In The Box, but I have since recovered and should be in fine form, minus this friggin' cold, by Saturday. Now, I will have to be careful to save the voice as there will be much singing and rejoicing on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, don't expend all your energy Saturday! You need to be in good voice on Sunday! We all have way too much to chat about and later sing about for you to be hoarse!!

GoodGodGirl23
11-06-2002, 12:07 PM
:embarass: Who's Jerry?:confused: :embarass:

Ruby
11-06-2002, 12:23 PM
Jerry is pretty cool looking but I couldnt help noticing the drummer at the last Creed show. I gave him the rock on sign and he smiled.

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
:embarass: Who's Jerry?:confused: :embarass: Jerry Cantrell.

GoodGodGirl23
11-06-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Jerry Cantrell.

:confused: :confused: :embarass:

Dogstar
11-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Ruby
Jerry is pretty cool looking but I couldnt help noticing the drummer at the last Creed show. I gave him the rock on sign and he smiled.

The drummer is a cutie, too. He is part of Comes With The Fall, which has been opening for and playing with Jerry on his headliner tour. His name is Bevan something, I think. He seems like a very cool guy.

GGG: Jerry Cantrell was part of Alice In Chains. He plays guitar, and wrote a lot of the Alice music. He's got two solo albums now. Layne Staley, who was the frontman for Alice, died in April of a drug overdose. They hadn't put out a studio album since 1995 and one of their last shows was an MTV Unplugged performance in 1996 that totally rocked.

GoodGodGirl23
11-06-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
:confused: :confused: :embarass:

Is he a band member now??:confused: "Jerry Cantrell?"

JenRN
11-07-2002, 01:44 PM
Dogstar.. My husband and I saw Alice in Chains in a bar playing in Erie PA before they got really big! It is a place called Sherlock's a lot of bands go there when they first start out. TRAIN also frequented there a lot, they are frim Erie my home town. Did you see Jery with Creed this summer? I saw Jerry 2 times with Creed this summer, the time in Richmond he was really bumed out due to it was Layne Stanley's Birthday, he really was playing depressing music! Then when I saw them in DC he was much more upbeat, something about the backdrop with the hand during "bones" kind of cool, I guess?;)

Dogstar
11-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Oh WOW, Jen, that is sooooo cool. I, alas, never got to see AIC live. Logistics never worked out. Anyway, I did see Jerry with Creed in August. He was fairly low-key, but the set was great. He played awesome and I was just thrilled to FINALLY see him live. Of course, once I found out he was headlining, I just HAD to see him. I'm going again Saturday a lot closer to home this time--Philly.
Yeah, that backdrop is the cover to his CD Degradation Trip. It was supposed to be a double CD, but it came out with only half the songs in June. It's being re-released the way he intended in two weeks. I already have reserved my copy:D .

GGG: Alice In Chains is no more, as the lead singer is dead, but Jerry's got a decent touring band--Comes With The Fall. The lead singer usually sings Layne's parts and does a creditable job, but there will never be another Layne. His voice was unique and amazing.

GoodGodGirl23
11-07-2002, 06:59 PM
:confused: :confused: :dunno:

Dogstar
11-07-2002, 07:57 PM
Did I confuzzle you, GGG? I hope not.

I love Jerry as much as you love Anthony:P

GoodGodGirl23
11-08-2002, 12:48 AM
Whah he look a leik now Dogstar???:confused:

GoodGodGirl23
11-08-2002, 12:48 AM
I know whah Anthony, he a look a leik...:cool:

Dogstar
11-08-2002, 02:06 AM
Kinda slender but muscular, long straight blond hair, blue eyes, gentle-looking face....nice thighs for a skinny guy, about 6-feet tall.

souldancer
11-08-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
he' pretty freakin' hot. A little skinny, but he's got it all in the right places....OMG....<----needs a cooooold shower!
Follow this by hot Scott and Mark viewed from the rail, and you will need a glaciar coldwater spa treatment and a few iced lemon drops! Rock On!
:)

Dogstar
11-08-2002, 02:23 AM
OMG, you are SO not kidding. I'm going to be flying for days, and not a plane!

souldancer
11-08-2002, 02:37 AM
:angel:

TeriB19
11-08-2002, 06:44 PM
I'm already flying and we're not even there yet!!!!

Dogstar
11-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Same here....Having trouble thinking about anything but Jerry and Creed....What a combo!!!!!

souldancer
11-09-2002, 01:27 AM
You TRY to maintain yourself (oh, heck with that) tomorrow night - what a blast! So happy for you. Can't wait to hear about it! Maybe after a couple drinks, Jerry will look meatier...;) I know that Creed fans are 99% decent and fun folks, but I don;t know about the AIC/JC followers..so have your Snoopy antennae up and be careful too.. * * sounding like your mom, eh * *

Dogstar
11-09-2002, 01:37 AM
Awwww, yer too kind. I always have the radar up! AIC/Jerry fans can be a little hard-core. To be honest, I don't fit the demographic at all. But I sure as heck enjoy the music and will have a blast tomorrow. It's getting closer!

Dogstar
11-16-2002, 03:29 AM
Well, I just found out that stinkin' RoadRunner Records won't support Jerry on a second tour for the rerelease of Degradation Trip Vols. 1 & 2. I am so ticked that they won't back a super songwriter and guitarist because he's not raking in enough money for them. It's so ridiculous that mediocrity and money rule. I was hoping to catch him again next year, but no. Stinkin' RoadRunner. You'd think they'd be happy with all the coin Nickelback is making them that there'd be a little left over for Jerry. I already dashed of an angry e-mail to them for their total lack of promotion of Jerry's CD. It's amazing the first one sold as many as it did considering they did ZERO marketing, promoting or publicizing. They just suck!

souldancer
11-16-2002, 03:35 AM
Sorry for that crap! Whatever happened to loyalty, I guess greed changed it into 'royalty'. Go enlist the fans to complain in masses!

Dogstar
11-16-2002, 03:42 AM
You can guess that I'm already on it:D ! A bunch of us e-mailed them already and have implored others to do the same. It is nothing but greed. He has had such a hard time trying to maintain his musical integrity and satisfy the greedy execs. It must be frustrating. I just hope the dang record comes out. They've pushed it back another two weeks, to Dec. 10. Not happy about that at all.