Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
the show on VH1 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : the show on VH1

kerm3
11-05-2002, 09:27 PM
:cool: DID ANY ONY SEE TONIGHT SHOW ON VH1 IT ROCKED WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE. DID ANY ONE GOTO THAT SHOW? IF SO I HEARD THAT IT WAS NOT A VERY LONG SHOW HEARD THE WALL FLOWER PLAYED MORE THAN CREED. THATS OK THEY ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

TeriB19
11-05-2002, 09:31 PM
The show was great and if you noticed everyone up front was pretty. That's because T-Mobile, the sponsor, ran a contest picking 500 people to go see Creed at the Rock, and the radio stations around San Francisco were seeking out young people to submit photos and they selected certain people to go. The people up front looked like they were made up professionally.

luvscott4ever
11-05-2002, 09:39 PM
go figure!! :( :mad:

luvscott4ever
11-05-2002, 09:40 PM
God forbid they put real, everyday, not so good looking (people like me...lol) up front!! I protest!! :lol:

kerm3
11-05-2002, 09:42 PM
I DIDN'T THINK SO YES THERE WERE SOME VERY PRETTY WOMEN THEIR BUT ANY SHOW YOU GO TO YOU SE THAT.

kerm3
11-05-2002, 09:44 PM
HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TO A SHOW

luvscott4ever
11-05-2002, 09:54 PM
3 this tour...1 last Feb and 2 in Aug and 3 more to come...1 this Sunday, then a week from Sunday then Dec 6th in Phoenix for the make up show that was postponed in Oct. I've traveled alot for this band and more traveling to come!!! YIPPEE!!! :dancing:

kerm3
11-05-2002, 10:01 PM
US TOO WE LOVE THEM. THEY ARE LUCKY TO HAVE US ALL WE ROCK ! DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHERE THEY WILL BE FOR NEW YEARS?

TeriB19
11-05-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by kerm3
I DIDN'T THINK SO YES THERE WERE SOME VERY PRETTY WOMEN THEIR BUT ANY SHOW YOU GO TO YOU SE THAT.
Kerm3, the following was posted and confirmed by souldancer back in October. They were looking for young attractive people for the cameras.

Been hearing this advertised all day by the local radio station in Sacramento (90 miles from SF). I also heard that to be entered you had to be between 18 and 30 years of age? Did anyone else hear this?

kerm3
11-05-2002, 10:17 PM
SORRY DIDNT WANT TO MAKE ANY ONE MAD SORRY IF I DID JUST VOICING MY THOUGHTS.:confused:

allison
11-06-2002, 09:14 AM
There were some pretty girls up front (I only saw one guy) but there were a couple not-so-cute ones too. Like, the blond with the buck teeth.

Ruby
11-06-2002, 10:13 AM
I didnt think any of the ppl up front were unusually good looking. Just normal. There were a lot of guys too. However I was thinking after watching " Gee I didn't see any old timers like myself up front which is not usually the case at Creed shows Ive been to. There is always at least women in their thirties in the pit. Well that explains why that was the case last nite.
What Bulldookie to limit the age.
Most ppl entering the contest would probably have been younger anyway. VHI has done that b4. I hope the band doesnt condone that. They probably dont get involved in those details.

End Age Discrimination Now!! I will be starting a Support Group for Creed Fans over age 30 ! We must demand our rights!

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 10:58 AM
Equality for the elderly!! I say they should hold a concert for the over 30 crowd only!! (j/k)

I saw some not so pretty people, and a wide range of ethnicities as well. That's something I didn't see at my previous shows. Does anyone have any input on their own experiences?

Ruby
11-06-2002, 12:06 PM
As far as the racial make up of the Creed shows Ive been to I must say very very few African Americans or Asians at any Creed show Ive been to and thats 3. The age span was varied though. Plenty of over 30 in the pit on all the shows I went to . And from what Ive seen on tape that seems to be the case most times. the fact that there was more racial divirsety at this show caught my attention too. One can only assume thinking about how they pretty much ordered the audience this was the intent.

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 12:36 PM
I thought the exact same thing. The audience was exactly how the sponsors must've wanted, young, diverse and pretty. I didn't see many over 30's on that show and that's NOT how it is at any of the shows I've been to. There were folks at the Camden show as old as 70 and as young as a few months. And most were Caucasian.

Dogstar
11-06-2002, 12:49 PM
I've been to one show, in Cincinnati, and though the ages varied greatly--I saw a lot of parents with their teen kids, youngsters and oldsters-- the racial mix did not. Most were Caucasian, at least from where I sat.

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 12:51 PM
That audience was definitely tailor-made.

allison
11-06-2002, 04:15 PM
The vast majority, if not all, of the people I have seen at Creed shows have been white. I was surprised to see some black girls in the front row last night. And they appeared to be singing every word!

But I did not think the crowd was much better looking than average. I expected they would have been a "prettier" group with all those requirements by VH1.

kerm3
11-06-2002, 05:14 PM
WHATS IT MATTER WHAT RACE GOES OR IS GOING TO SEE A SHOW!

JenRN
11-06-2002, 05:22 PM
Out of the 4 shows I have seen this summer the majority were white people. And no KERM3 it does not matter what race they are we are jsut stating facts about the VH1 show being different! As far as pretty people being in the front, I really did not notice?:confused: I guess I was watching STAPP and MARK too much! What is the deal with VH1 anyways? Are they that shallow? Well I guess it was in CA, they seem to get into that there!:rolleyes:

CreedJeff
11-06-2002, 06:16 PM
This is my first post here, so be gentle! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am a 32 year old male who has been lucky enough to see Creed 13 times to date. One of those times was Alcatraz. Just to clarify, there were people brought in to be in the front of the stage.There were chairs set up starting about 15 feet from the stage and a group of "beautiful people" were brought in to stand in front of those chairs. That did not stop us from going right to the front when Creed came on, but I guess my ugly 32 year old mug did not make the cut, because I only saw my hands on VH-1 last night. Sorry for the novel. Till next time, See ya!

Jeff

Dogstar
11-06-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by kerm3
WHATS IT MATTER WHAT RACE GOES OR IS GOING TO SEE A SHOW!
It doesn't matter. We were just commenting on the make-up because of the VH1 contest looking for "beautiful people" to stack up front for TV, that's all.

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by CreedJeff
<b>This is my first post here, so be gentle! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am a 32 year old male who has been lucky enough to see Creed 13 times to date. One of those times was Alcatraz. Just to clarify, there were people brought in to be in the front of the stage.There were chairs set up starting about 15 feet from the stage and a group of "beautiful people" were brought in to stand in front of those chairs. That did not stop us from going right to the front when Creed came on, but I guess my ugly 32 year old mug did not make the cut, because I only saw my hands on VH-1 last night. Sorry for the novel. Till next time, See ya!

Jeff </b> Welcome CreedJeff! Glad to have you here. I am so jealous of you, you've seen them 10 times more than I will have after Sunday's show!! Thank you very much for the clarification on the 'beautiful people' dilemma. We have been going back and forth on the issue so it's good to hear first hand what the real deal was. Hope you liked the concert and I'm glad you got to get up close and personal. I saw your hands, they definitley deserved to be up front!!:lol: Stick around for awhile!

souldancer
11-07-2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>Equality for the elderly!! I say they should hold a concert for the over 30 crowd only!! (j/k)
Hey, WHY The "j/k"? I think WE should have our own show - and get some astro turf or rubber mats in the pit!

I saw some not so pretty people, and a wide range of ethnicities as well. That's something I didn't see at my previous shows. Does anyone have any input on their own experiences? </b> My exposure has only been at Vegas and Calif.,..have seen a VERY white crowd, mostly young 20s, pretty equal male and female, maybe more females, especially in the front of the GA line. There are also some families and OLDER ones too. I have been approached by some extreme bible preaching folks with flyers that are at the concert doing some 'saving' and missionary work. I find creed fans are mostly SUPER PEOPLE! But then again, what should we expect?

JenRN
11-07-2002, 10:30 AM
WELCOME CREEDJEFF!!! Wow you have seen them a lot! We are all so jealous of you! I going to be 30 in less than a month and let me tell you I am on a mission, next time they go on tour, I have to beat my current 4 times on the weathered tour! I feel so damn awesome when I was in the pit on the rail, it was like I was in a dream land. And the best part is being there with thousands of people that share the same feeling! Although a private concert would be unbelievable to!:rolleyes: Anyways welcome, we are a bunch of awesome Creed lovers!!!!!

allison
11-07-2002, 11:57 AM
Welcome, Jeff. And thanks for the real scoop. Were the "beautiful" people they brought in the ones who had to submit pictures beforehand?

CreedJeff
11-07-2002, 02:40 PM
Hello again everyone,
Thank you for making me feel welcome. In answer to Allisons question, we all figured that those were the people who had to submit pictures, but we also heard that the reason those people might not have seemed so "beautiful", was because once Creed had "cancelled" their appearance, VH1 was having a hard time filling the spots for the Wallflowers. Well, for anyone going to the show in Phoenix, see you in the Pit!

Jeff

kerm3
11-07-2002, 03:20 PM
HAY JEFF GLAD YOU JOINED! YOU GOT ME BEET TOO. DID YOU ALL GET TO MEET THEM? SEEMS LIKE WEST COAST HAD MORE SHOW TO GO SEE THIS YEAR. I HEARD THAT NEXT TIME CREED TOURS THAT THEY WILL START ON THE WEST COAST. HOPE TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU JEFF!