Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott's Voice [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott's Voice

Creed18
11-04-2002, 12:18 PM
Will Scotts voice be ruined if he keeps going on like this?
by the way i just registered at this site and i love it already! this is the best creed forum Ive seen. All of you guys are awesome. I love all creed fans.

Weathered
11-04-2002, 04:15 PM
nah i dont think it will...just need proper training...i think they should take a break for a while though for now...and yes it is the best creed board!

TeriB19
11-04-2002, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the board Creed18, it's a really fun place to hang out. Lots of different people, lots of different opinions but one common love...Creed. Enjoy yourself.

shane
11-04-2002, 07:43 PM
I have really been listening to Scotts voice, and I cannot believe how he can sing so many diffrent levels with his voice. his voice is really low then he sings really hard. I dont think that there is any other band out there that has that much talent? I hope that by him doing all these concerts that it does not ruin his voice either. That would be a shame.:eek: :mad:

Read JDM
11-04-2002, 09:50 PM
You mean if he keeps on straining his throat in light of his recent illness, right? Because I can see where that would permanently damage his ability to sing. I sure hope not, but I can see where it would happen.

Wylde-Tremonti
11-04-2002, 10:32 PM
I read in an article that Stapp's lookin for a vocal trainer....so i think that'll help...:stapp:

souldancer
11-05-2002, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the board Creed18! It's a super place with great people. I would like to think that Scott has a trainer already, and is thinking long-term, so that his management just doesn;t burn him by short term profits. I saw them at Vegas 10/29, and was a little worried he was holding back, esp. on What If...but then, the next night at Bakersfield it seemed FULL FORCE! I am amazed at the range in scale and style he has - he really got down griding Weathered - I love that!

Ruby
11-05-2002, 10:09 AM
Im a cetified vocal trainer. I could give him some lessons that would get him singing. LOL! Seriously folks I talked about him getting some vocal training last year on the old board. The greatest singers in the world do it. You all know how hooked on Scott I am but as far as an amazing voice noone compares to the range of Disturbeds David Draimain. He is amazing.

marlsy
11-05-2002, 11:56 AM
you are right Ruby about that guys voice! It is so powerful! I agree with you about Scott and a voice trainer, my hubby is a singer and a fan of Creed and he told me from their first album he needs a trainer. His voice is great and I love it, he needs a trainer to be able to control it better and to keep it forever!!

PaulMcCoygirl
11-05-2002, 11:13 PM
Hi welcome to the BB's and yes it is the greatest Creed board! I really don't think Scott's voice willl be ruined, he just needs to take a well deserved break! :) Have you seen Creed live before? I have only once though.....it's not going to be the only time, believe me on that!!

JenRN
11-06-2002, 08:03 AM
Scott and the boys need a well deserved break!!!! I have seen them 4 times this year in concert and they give it their ALL!! I was totally blown away each time!! I think his voice will be fine if he keeps in mind his"limits" while he heals! God knows the world would not be the same with out his beautiful angelic voice!!!!!:angel:

Dogstar
11-06-2002, 12:52 PM
You got that right, Jen! I don't think I could bear it!

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 12:53 PM
He must've been in so much pain trying to hit the high notes on OLB I felt so bad for him. They really do give it their all and that's what keeps me coming back. Such a powerful performance!

Creed18
11-06-2002, 01:57 PM
Who is this guy rippin Creed? What is he talking about.:confused:

Dogstar
11-06-2002, 02:05 PM
He's a basher/troll. Pay him no mind. He's just looking for attention and to disrupt.

souldancer
11-07-2002, 09:58 AM
Creed's stage is shared by milliions - I hold my hands up high and stand by Creed and fellow fans like Creed18!
And, take your friggin vile mouth somewhere else you basher. Your homophobic words are not appreciated by me. Your hate and rage are disgusting - even though they may be signs of your pathetic sadness.

Dogstar
11-07-2002, 01:21 PM
CreedBD, you have been reported. Enjoy your brief stay because your a** is outta here. Buh-bye.

TeriB19
11-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by creedblowsdonky
creed18 loves the taste of gooch. he sould die....all you gay ass creed fans should die.... i will come to your houses and piss in all of your wheaties ....and for jeff aka creed18....im going to jizz all in your hair if you play 1 more gay ass creed sone in computer grapics ....now excuse me while I go into my closet and get my Weathered CD on my portable cd player so that no one can hear me listening to a band that I secretly adore. Thanks, jackass, for providing us with one more example of the stupidity and mentality of Creedbashers.

We Creed Fans are ONE!

Wylde-Tremonti
11-08-2002, 09:28 PM
Hey can some one send me a private message about what that jackass said? i never read it before the took it off....thanx

TeriB19
11-08-2002, 09:32 PM
No. You don't want to know, it wasn't worth repeating.

Wylde-Tremonti
11-08-2002, 09:34 PM
...yeah...i was just thinkin: "do i really want to kno?' to myself....thanx

Bella Espanol
11-18-2002, 12:01 AM
Ruin his voice, I don't know. I can't answer that because I am not a vocal coach, but I think he should take it easy on him self and not push himself so hard. It is easier said that done because it seems to be his nature, he is by no means a quitter. Scott has got to be the strongest man I have ever seen besides my dad. He is a die hard like that also. I just want to see him first and foremost take care of himself and then when he is better then go back to work. I am the same way. I keep at something till I am satisfied that it is the way I want it. Sometimes that is good and sometimes that is not because after a while you get tired and worn down. Even the strongest get tired sometimes.

Bella:angel:

TeriB19
11-18-2002, 06:03 AM
I do think he has cut back some in an effort to save his voice. They cut down the set list the last few shows, cut out DSD and Stand Here With Me, but the remaining songs on their set list still rock really hard. I also noticed at Ft. Wayne that, while Scott DID talk, he did NOT do as much talking as we've seen in previous concerts. But he does put his heart and soul into every performance. Very admirable.

JenRN
11-18-2002, 10:37 PM
He is quite the trooper! Not many rock stars would be so dedicated to his fans and his music, he is a gem!:rolleyes:

TeriB19
11-18-2002, 10:42 PM
You've got that right!!

Bella Espanol
11-18-2002, 10:52 PM
I totally respect Scott for everything he gives us but I think he is entirely too hard on himself. I know he is a performer but I rather see him take a long break and get himself to where he feels he needs to be and then come back. His health is so much more important than anything else. That is my opinion though. He just gives so much of himself to us he has nothing left for himself.

Bella:angel:

TeriB19
11-18-2002, 10:57 PM
He really does need to take a long break to fully recover from not only his vocal problems but his accident injuries. He has had one hell of a year, and some down time (more than just a month) would be just what he needs.

Siana
11-21-2002, 09:20 AM
Scotty's voice melt my heart anytime I hear him :angel:

JenRN
11-21-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Siana
Scotty's voice melt my heart anytime I hear him :angel:

His voice to me, makes me smile when sad, and feeds my soul, such a beautiful voice!!!!!:D

Siana
11-22-2002, 09:39 AM
amazing!!!!!!:angel:

Kim V.
12-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Hi, I'm new here and wanted to say that for the most part, everyone posting in here lately seems really nice! There has been so much to talk about lately, what with all Creed (especially Scott and Mark) have gone through this year. I love Scott's voice; it's like he can sing directly to your soul/spirit. I hope for his sake, after the New Year's Eve show in Philly(which I am going to!!) he takes a well-deserved break, for his voice, for his son, and for his own mental/emotional well-being! What good will it do for Jagger to have two parents who are an emotional mess?! At least Scott always does what's in Jagger's best interest; he is such a devoted father! I can't wait to see Creed on 12/31; from what I've read here about concert experiences, I'm in for quite a treat - that Scott is very personal and talks alot to the fans, etc. I have GA floor tickets; gonna try to get as close to the stage as I can!! Thanks for letting me post; PEACE...:cool: :dancing:

TeriB19
12-01-2002, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the bb, Kim. We are all hoping that 2003 treats those guys better than 2002 did. They should take a well deserved break after NYE (Dogstar and I will be there too!!). With all the energy, intensity and emotion that they put into their live shows, they'll all need a long break to rest, relax and recoup. Hope you stick around, it's a fun bb.

hotforscott
12-01-2002, 10:09 PM
Oh, you will have the time of your life. They are amazing on stage. They love their fans, they truely let you know they care at their concerts. As for the break, they are not taking the break we all expected, but they are taking one. Welcome to the board, happy posting.

KBoo925
12-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Hey Kim....I'm new on the boards as well and I just noticed you are going to the NYE show in Philly. We've been chatting about getting together and "running for the rails" (just learned this new vocab....hehe). Maybe we can connect there. I'm so thrilled to be meeting new friends and fellow fans of this AMAZING band. I can't wait to see them again (my fourth time this year, yay!) Keep in touch.
JUST GIVE LOVE TO ALL,
Karin

TeriB19
12-01-2002, 10:40 PM
My 4th time too. Never thought I'd be seeing them 4 times. I'm addicted.

KBoo925
12-01-2002, 10:47 PM
Yes, this is one of my more productive addictions....I'd like to think it's making me a better human ("to let love replace all our hate")....but, really the experience of seeing them live is like no other....I'm soooo excited (have I said that a few times already?)
I just wish there was some way of connecting to them more personally. Have you ever had any direct contact? Email, snail mail, etc?

TeriB19
12-01-2002, 10:56 PM
Yes, Scott looked directly into my eyes in Ft. Wayne. Ask Dogstar, he practically married her at that same show. Thought we were going to have to help her pick out china patterns. As for actual contact, no, none. .......YET.

souldancer
12-02-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
. As for actual contact, no, none. .......YET. Teri, I thought you got some of Scott's sweat on you?! ;)

Dogstar
12-02-2002, 04:12 AM
Hi, Kim, welcome aboard. Glad you found your way here. It is indeed a nice place to hang out. As Teri said, I'll be at the Philly show, too. My 4th time as well. I'm totally addicted to the shows, and the eye contact on the rail is second to none! I've been on the rail twice now, and I hope I never have to go back to seats for their shows. It's too amazing up front!

Redeemer
12-02-2002, 07:59 AM
Teri, r u serious?? He looked directly into your eyes? And practically MARRIED Dogstar?!?! What's been goin' on around here??

:D

But neway about Scott's voice...Sometimes I worry about Scott and his oh-so-glorious voice...i hope he doesn't lose it! That voice had the power to save my life. I want my children to be able to hear it, too.

Oh yeah--and welcome to all the new people...Kim, Creed18, etc....it's a great place to be, CreedFeed. I feel like a new person myself, i haven't been up here in so long. :rolleyes:

JenRN
12-02-2002, 07:59 AM
Hey Kim... WELCOME!!! I agree with Dogstar and Teri, the rail is the way to go!!! I have seen them 4 times this year and the rail will BLOW YOU AWAY!!!! it is an incredible, emotional, screaming damn good time!!! I came home with Scott's sweat on me twice, bruises on my legs and shin splints!!!! I still have a scar on my leg and proudly display it!! Have a great time, I wish i could go with you all!:D

Redeemer
12-02-2002, 08:01 AM
Ooh, Jen, you had Scotty sweat on you!?!? Glorious. :D

JenRN
12-02-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Redeemer
Ooh, Jen, you had Scotty sweat on you!?!? Glorious. :D

Oh I sure did!!! I said in a previous post, he sweats so damn much, how does he still smell so damn good? He must be super human:D He had this wonderful smell to him when he came to the end of the cat walk and got down on his knees to sing to us!!!**sigh** memories!

Redeemer
12-02-2002, 08:09 AM
Ooh, ooh, Triple Ooh!!!!!!!! Hell, it's Scott Stapp, for god's sake, of course he's gonna smell good! :D But anyway...he got on his knees and *sang* to y'all?!?!?!

EXCELLENT!!

:D

hotforscott
12-02-2002, 10:00 AM
I got to the rail so I had his sweat and the eye contact. They put so much into their shows that you are bound to get his sweat on you if you are up front. the eye contact came during don't stop dancing. he looked at everyone that was singing along and i was surprised there weren't more people who knew the words on the rail. it was something i will never forget.

allison
12-02-2002, 01:50 PM
I don't know if I ever told you guys about this, but in Richmond, Scott came and sat on the amp in front of Mark, which was right smack dab in front of my face and sang for a good minute! I don't want to sound vulgar, but having Scott's crotch in my face 2 or 3 feet away for that long nearly gave me a heart attack. It was QUITE and experience. :D

Kim V.
12-02-2002, 02:00 PM
Oh my gosh, you got Scott's sweat on you and he looked right into your eyes? My heart's racing just thinking about it!! Whew! OK, gotta calm down now! LOL I'm going with my hubby so I'll have to practice some self-control LOL. Can't believe I have to wait almost a whole month to see them! I hope I can get right up at the rail or by the catwalk. That would be awesome! The only thing that's getting me through this waiting is listening to my Weathered CD alot and watching the Alcatraz show I taped from VH1!! LOL My hubby thinks I'm nuts, probably. Although he's been listening with me sometimes. Just don't want him to get jealous, with the way I drool over Scott!! Just kiddin' I love my hubby more than I could ever say, it's just that Scott is sooo easy on the eyes, and that voice!!! Sigh... Sorry LOL:D :pant: :stapp:

hotforscott
12-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by allison
I don't know if I ever told you guys about this, but in Richmond, Scott came and sat on the amp in front of Mark, which was right smack dab in front of my face and sang for a good minute!  I don't want to sound vulgar, but having Scott's crotch in my face 2 or 3 feet away for that long nearly gave me a heart attack. It was QUITE and experience.  :D

i am so jealous. i would have loved to have that view......even if it was only for 10 seconds.

JenRN
12-02-2002, 09:25 PM
I don't know if I ever told you guys about this, but in Richmond, Scott came and sat on the amp in front of Mark, which was right smack dab in front of my face and sang for a good minute!  I don't want to sound vulgar, but having Scott's crotch in my face 2 or 3 feet away for that long nearly gave me a heart attack. It was QUITE and experience.  :D

Allison, you are cracking me up!!! I had the SAME view, quite a damn good package hugh?:rolleyes: Those black leather pants were hot hot hot that night, and the short sleeve shirt MMMMM he looked soooo good!!!!!!;)

Wylde-Tremonti
12-02-2002, 09:37 PM
:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

JenRN
12-02-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

I am sure there is a female star out there you feel the same way about! Probably some one gay like Brittney Spears or something!:D

Wylde-Tremonti
12-02-2002, 09:57 PM
Spears?....:throwup: ...even if i did i wouldn't be like..."oh my darlin **** oh i can't believe i got to see 1/18 of your breast oh how wonderful!:wub: :flasher:

hotforscott
12-02-2002, 11:09 PM
if you saw britney's breasts you would talk about it for weeks. that's just a guy for ya. scott is hot, from head to toe and we are just spreading joy to all by passing that information along to others. it's the season of giving.

KBoo925
12-02-2002, 11:20 PM
Hey guys...Oh my God...all this talk about looking into Scotts eyes and being so close you can actually smell him...I'm going crazy!!!
Actually, my name is Karin. Heehee. It's so great to meet all of you and I can't wait to do so in person in a few weeks. Let's connect directly as we get closer (email, etc.) Talk to you soon.
Peace,
Karin (KBoo)
PS I'm going to have some good dreams tonight!!

allison
12-03-2002, 02:19 PM
I cannot tell a lie. I would welcome Scott's crotch in my face anytime.:pant:

Creed23
12-03-2002, 04:34 PM
I didn't think you guys would take this thread in this direction.lol:angel:

Wylde-Tremonti
12-03-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
if you saw britney's breasts you would talk about it for weeks. that's just a guy for ya. scott is hot, from head to toe and we are just spreading joy to all by passing that information along to others. it's the season of giving.
ok...maybe my penis would be goin around tellin everyone...but my head would be goin "aaaaaaahhhh! What a slut!ew ew ew...!"
then i'd get one of her gay song stuck and head and be pukin ...for weeks

TeriB19
12-03-2002, 09:25 PM
Ooops, you did it again.

Wylde-Tremonti
12-03-2002, 09:38 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!:throwup: ...must listen to good music...must listen....HAHAHA!! i put in my good old Santana Supernatural ahahhahahaha!!!!!

JenRN
12-03-2002, 10:05 PM
I cannot tell a lie.  I would welcome Scott's crotch in my face anytime.:pant:

:lol:YOU KNOW IT ALLISON! TOTALLY AGREE!!!

hotforscott
12-03-2002, 11:00 PM
<b>ok...maybe my penis would be goin around tellin everyone...but my head would be goin "aaaaaaahhhh! What a slut!ew ew ew...!"
then i'd get one of her gay song stuck and head and be pukin ...for weeks </b>

very well put...........good save!

souldancer
12-04-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by JenRN
:lol:YOU KNOW IT &nbsp;ALLISON! &nbsp;TOTALLY AGREE!!! Been missing out on this thread! :D Isn;t it great ladies that women have this much freedom now to be open about our FEELINGS! Can you imagine our grandmothers, sitting around their knitting table talking about this...? Well, maybe - while they were canning some sweet pickels!

allison
12-04-2002, 05:40 PM
<b>Spears?....:throwup: ...even if i did i wouldn't be like..."oh my darlin **** oh i can't believe i got to see 1/18 of your breast oh how wonderful!:wub: :flasher: </b>

That is b/c Britney is not HALF as sexy as Scott. Duh! :rolleyes:

DangerousDan85
12-04-2002, 08:03 PM
not to all of us here lol

Wylde-Tremonti
12-05-2002, 05:51 PM
Amen Brother!:jam: