Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Springsteen Concert [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Springsteen Concert

njcreedite
08-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Not sure this is the right place to post this but....

Dogstar and I went to the Bruce Springsteen concert on the 11th. It was amazing. I'm NOT that into his music, but wanted to go see what all the fuss was about. His shows are legendary around these parts. I like the older Springsteen music, not much into his stuff after 85. Well, I was in awe. The man is 53. He puts most younger performers to shame. He has no opening band. He just gets out there and rocks from the first to the last song. There were only a few VERY short breaks (some less than a minute.)in the 3+hour show. He sang, he played and he RAN around on stage like a kid. He slid across the stage on his knees (several diff. times), he jumped on the piano and sang, he ran around down by the pit, he ran from end to end. His energy level never seemed to waiver. He was ON! His voice was also ON. He was perfect in each and every song...each and every note.
How many bands...including our beloved Creed....can put on a show like that? We are lucky if they play for more than an hour and a half. Most have never play for more than 2 hours....and there are lenghty (some as long as 15 minutes) breaks during that time. How is it that this 53 year old man can sing and run around for 3+ hours.....and the much younger guys can't??? Hmmmmm makes you wonder.
You ROCK Bruce!!!:dancing:

DangerousDan85
08-13-2003, 04:26 PM
he's on steroids, that's why :lol:

Yvonne
08-13-2003, 06:03 PM
I don't think anyone cares about Bruce.....ON A CREED bulletin board!!! :eye:

hotforscott
08-13-2003, 06:06 PM
We care about all types of music on this Creed board, and I am glad they had such an awesome time. I wish I could have gone, but hearing about it, was great, too. It makes me want to see him more. :)

DangerousDan85
08-13-2003, 06:41 PM
it's actually not him performing at the concerts, it's a cybernetic organism, living tissue over metal endoskeleton, Cyberdyne system model 101, it bleeds, it sweats, it's very deceiving

Bruce still writes the song, but the robot is programmed to sing and do his signature moves, Bruce is currently vacationing in the Bahamas.

Sheila63
08-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
We care about all types of music on this Creed board, and I am glad they had such an awesome time. I wish I could have gone, but hearing about it, was great, too. It makes me want to see him more. :)

I agree, Carrie. Thanks for sharing the info about the concert with us, Linda.:D

TeriB19
08-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Glad you guys had such a good time Linda!!

Dogstar
08-14-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Yvonne
I don't think anyone cares about Bruce.....ON A CREED bulletin board!!!  :eye:

Well, I do, as I was the one who went with njcreedite and had a blast! Just because we like Creed doesn't mean we don't like other music.

I don't mean to sound like a snot or anything, but if you're not into Bruce, don't read the thread. And given that there isn't much in the way of Creed talk these days, music talk in general is interesting to me, no matter where it's posted. If you think it should be moved, PM steve and maybe he can shift it to Music Matters or something. Have a nice day.

TeriB19
08-14-2003, 10:07 AM
I don't think you sound like a snot at all.

I happen to be very good friends with Dogstar and njcreedite and I'm so glad that they were able to go to the show, enjoy themselves and write a great review of the show.

JenRN
08-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Bruce is the man! I wish I could of seen him, good for you guys!!!!:dancing:

DangerousDan85
08-14-2003, 12:17 PM
man Dogstar sure sounds like a snot :eek:

jk :lol:

Dogstar
08-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Dan, you are a stitch! :D.

Thanks, you guys! :)

Yvonne
08-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Well, I do, as I was the one who went with njcreedite and had a blast! Just because we like Creed doesn't mean we don't like other music.  

I don't mean to sound like a snot or anything, but if you're not into Bruce, don't read the thread. And given that there isn't much in the way of Creed talk these days, music talk in general is interesting to me, no matter where it's posted. If you think it should be moved, PM steve and maybe he can shift it to Music Matters or something. Have a nice day.

Oh stop you're whinning :crying: :crying: I was only joking around, and for the record I do like other music too and have been to plenty of concerts other than CREED concerts HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JenRN
08-14-2003, 02:47 PM
well.... she certainly is not whinning!:mad: You need to :chillpill!!!!! Lighten up will you! GEEEEZ!!!!!!!!

DangerousDan85
08-14-2003, 03:25 PM
i had toast for breakfast

Dogstar
08-14-2003, 05:08 PM
Oh stop you're whinning  :crying: :crying:  I was only joking around, and for the record I do like other music too and have been to plenty of concerts other than CREED concerts HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check your freakin attitude at the door! And take a freakin chill pill while you're at it! You get up on the wrong side of the bed?????? Lighten the f*ck UP!

TeriB19
08-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Sorry, Yvonne, it really didn't look like a joke to me.

luvscott4ever
08-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
i had toast for breakfast

Dan you are WAY TO FUNNY!! I just love your out of nowhere, trying to change the subject post!! :lol:

DangerousDan85
08-15-2003, 01:17 AM
yeah that's my specialty :lol:

Said Eyes
08-15-2003, 04:49 AM
The Boss is alright in my book.

(I once went to a 70's party dresses as Springsteen. It was fun)

Dogstar
08-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Very cool, Said Eyes.

njcreedite
08-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Well....all these comments tell me that I obviously didn't get the point I wanted to make across ......:(
What I was trying to say in my original post was.....HOW COME other bands can't put on 3+ hour shows??? Yes, some just don't have the material...but many do. The 1 1/2 hour shows seem so whimpy next to The Boss'. This guy works for his money.
Yes, I'm greedy......I want more :band: for my $$$$.

If Bruce can do it at 53....then why can't the 25-30 year olds do it???? He's sings just as loudly and with as much passion....he jumps around just as much... (so does Mick Jagger by the way).
I guess they are just "old school". Give the audience it's money's worth. I think Bruce should start a "so you want to be a rock star" school. Teach 'em right!!:dancing:

ps...thanks for all your support guys:angel:

Yvonne
08-15-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Check your freakin attitude at the door! And take a freakin chill pill while you're at it! You get up on the wrong side of the bed?????? Lighten the f*ck UP!

Good grief!!!!! you don't have to cuss at me :cuss:

Honestly I was only fooling around when I replied :thud:

hotforscott
08-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Your reply sounded sort of snotty to me, Yvonne. Not trying to be mean by saying that, but to me, it didn't sound like you were joking.

Dogstar
08-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Good grief!!!!!  you don't have to cuss at me :cuss:  

Honestly I was only fooling around when I replied :thud:

Fine, whatever. I apologize for the cussing, but your humor didn't translate well. I'm done with this. Peace out.

TeriB19
08-15-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
Your reply sounded sort of snotty to me, Yvonne. Not trying to be mean by saying that, but to me, it didn't sound like you were joking. Same here.

njcreedite
08-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by njcreedite
<b>Well....all these comments tell me that I obviously didn't get the point I wanted to make across ......:( &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;What I was trying to say in my original post was.....HOW COME other bands can't put on 3+ hour shows??? &nbsp;Yes, some just don't have the material...but many do. &nbsp;The 1 1/2 hour shows seem so whimpy next to The Boss'. &nbsp; This guy works for his money. &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;Yes, I'm greedy......I want more :band: &nbsp;for my $$$$. &nbsp; &nbsp;

&nbsp; If Bruce can do it at 53....then why can't the 25-30 year olds do it???? &nbsp;He's sings just as loudly and with as much passion....he jumps around just as much... (so does Mick Jagger by the way). &nbsp;
I guess they are just "old school". &nbsp;Give the audience it's money's worth. &nbsp; I think Bruce should start a "so you want to be a rock star" school. &nbsp;Teach 'em right!!:dancing: &nbsp;

ps...thanks for all your support guys:angel: </b>

:confused: :confused: ANYONE have a comment about the younger bands vs. Bruce????? That's what I posted for,:rolleyes:
to see what your opinion might be. Any one have an opinion on this?????

TeriB19
08-15-2003, 10:04 PM
I would LOVE to see bands these days play for that long. But Bruce is notorious for playing 3-4 hours. I don't know of any other band around that plays for that long. You are definitely right, though, more bands should give us our money's worth.

Dogstar
08-15-2003, 10:20 PM
I would, too, but Bruce is definitely old-school in believing people should get their money's worth. I think he probably takes pretty decent care of himself, either that or he has really genes (jeans, too :D)... I think it's just reflects other areas of business and commerce in which it is the norm to charge a high price for as little in return as possible. Bottom lines are very important these days, in just about every economic facet.

njcreedite
08-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Yup Dogstar....Bruce still looks good in those jeans:D just as fine as the cover of Born in the USA...way back when.

I took my daughter to the Bon Jovi concert last March...the newspaper review was right on!! They said that Bon Jovi had perfected the art of looking like they were working hard, when in actuality they weren't. The crowd sang more than they did on some songs. They played for less than 2 hours and and talked for part of that. Don't get me wrong....we enjoyed the show. They were wonderful. IT's just that when compared to fellow NJ rocker Bruce....they weren't even close. That man sang and ran and jumped and played and sang some more. I'd love to be able to bottle up some of that energy.
The most impressive thing thought was......he truly was having fun!:dancing: You can't fake it that well. He was truly enjoying himself out there. WOW!!!! I hope Stapp learns to love it and handle the fame the way Bruce has. I'd love to see Scott running around out there for another 23 years.........:D

Dogstar
08-16-2003, 05:51 PM
WORD!
I heard an interesting thing on WIP radio from the Flyers head coach, Ken Hitchcock. Apparently, he got to hang out with Bruce for 45 minutes before one of the shows, and the two talked about success and how to keep at it all the time. Hitchcock said Bruce has the same attitude as year-after-championship teams do...play all out every night no matter what, no excuses. He said Bruce told him that his bandmates call him a benevolent dictator, LOL, and that he runs a tight ship. He's almost like a coach who takes a player aside and will give him a little crap for not putting out 100 percent. Bruce said that hasn't happened since 1979 when Max messed up a song after taking his eyes off Bruce during a show. When Bruce tried out drummers, he was looking for a certain personality type that would mesh will with his philosophy of going pedal to the metal every night. Max was one of 60 drummers who tried out for the band. So, it sounds as if Bruce had this attitude from the start. Gotta love it!

njcreedite
08-16-2003, 09:23 PM
WOW Lucky Ken Hitchcock!!!! GO FLYERS!!!

When you think about it....it makes sense. Bruce would need to have that same win at all cost attitude to keep doing what he does. Only thing is...he's been at it a lot longer than most pro. athletes..except maybe coaches. Scott Stapp wanted to play pro sports....he should have a similar attitude. I think he probably does...just doesn't quite have the fame thing down, or the "how to play for 3+ hours a show and still sound and look great" thing...or even the how to play for 3+hours....:( I think he needs to spend some of his down time following old Bruce around. He could learn somethings, I'm sure. :grad:
I'd love to see a 3+ hour Creed show....from the pit....on the rail....:cloud9: Wouldn't that be sooooo fun! Sensory overload:hypno: but FUN!!!:stapp: :wub: :flip: :wub: :tremonti: :wub: