Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed News!!!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed News!!!!!

TeriB19
08-13-2003, 06:02 AM
Borrowed from the Pit, via VH1, now directly to you all, here is a slither of info on the latest Creed news:

<b>Die-hard Creed fans will be pleased to know that the Orlando-based band is scheduled to make a rare public appearance later this month. The often low-profile band is slated to accept an award at the Florida Motion Picture and Television Association's Crystal Reel Awards on Aug. 30 in Tampa. The awards are the Sunshine State's version of "the Oscars, Emmys and Grammys all rolled into one," spokeswoman Julie Brewer said Monday. The group won't perform. But guitarist Mark Tremonti will be among those taking part in the weekend's worth of activities, which will be hosted by Married . . . with Children star David Faustino
</b>

Kudos to the guys!!!!:)

hotforscott
08-13-2003, 07:11 AM
That's great news, Teri. Thanks for posting it.

Sheila63
08-13-2003, 09:15 AM
Thanks for posting the info for us, Teri.:) Way to go, Creed!!:thumbsup:

JenRN
08-13-2003, 09:23 AM
That's great! I hope to see some pics from it!:) How is it that the PIT ALWAYS gets the info first:confused:

marlsy
08-13-2003, 09:49 AM
they know people that know people LOL supposedly Marks brother posts on their board.

JenRN
08-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by marlsy
they know people that know people LOL supposedly Marks brother posts on their board.
Ohhhhh:rolleyes:

The Lithium
08-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Was it THAT good?...

njcreedite
08-13-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>Borrowed from the Pit, via VH1, now directly to you all, here is a slither of info on the latest Creed news:

Die-hard Creed fans will be pleased to know that the Orlando-based band is scheduled to make a rare public appearance later this month. The often low-profile band is slated to accept an award at the Florida Motion Picture and Television Association's Crystal Reel Awards on Aug. 30 in Tampa. The awards are the Sunshine State's version of "the Oscars, Emmys and Grammys all rolled into one," spokeswoman Julie Brewer said Monday. The group won't perform. But guitarist Mark Tremonti will be among those taking part in the weekend's worth of activities, which will be hosted by Married . . . with Children star David Faustino
</b>

Of Course Mark Will Be There!!:D
That man does love to go to any and all events. God Bless him:angel: . He's the only one we've been able to see lately.

I wish we could ALL be in Orlando that weekend. :( Oh well.
Hopefully someone from here will get to go or see or snoop around and will be able to tell us all about it. :D Pictures would be nice too.:dancing:

Sheila63
08-13-2003, 12:32 PM
I'm with you, Linda. It would be awesome to be there!!:dancing:

Dogstar
08-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Way to go, guys! Thanks for the info, Teri!

Higher_Desire
08-13-2003, 03:51 PM
I wish I could be there! More awards for Creed! :bounce: Yay!

H-D

benkenobi
08-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Great!!! Now only if I lived in/around the Tampa area.

JulieCitySlicker
08-13-2003, 06:24 PM
That is wonderful news Teri:dancing: Thanks for the update:P

Kim V.
08-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Woo Hoo! Kudos to Creed! Thanks Teri; as always, you keep us well informed!

Torn Signs
08-14-2003, 12:30 PM
Thanks for posting that, it's great news. Creed was always worth the awards anyway.

facelessman
08-14-2003, 11:54 PM
cool

velocityidp
08-15-2003, 03:40 AM
Uhm, what is the award tho?

TeriB19
08-15-2003, 09:44 AM
Whatdya want, everything?? ;) No, seriously, I'm not really sure what the award is for.

Blaize
08-19-2003, 11:25 AM
First of all to confirm things, yes, Michael(Mark's brother) does post and chat at the Pit.

Second of all the guys won't be at the awards show.

Thought I'd drop a note to all of you that were thinking of going to Tampa for the Crystal Awards.... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the guys will NOT be attending the awards. I know some of you were thinking about dishing out dough to go catch a glimpse of them so I thought I'd better save some of you from disappointment.

That is of course from Michael's girlfriend as of yesterday morning..
Enjoy!!!!!

whocares
08-19-2003, 12:39 PM
I guess everything you hear at the creed pit is gold, the american cancer society is one of the many benefactors for this event. Dont be so sure the band doesnt show....Creedpit kinda reminds me of a puppet show....

Blaize
08-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by whocares
I guess everything you hear at the creed pit is gold, the american cancer society is one of the many benefactors for this event. Dont be so sure &nbsp;the band doesnt show....Creedpit kinda reminds me of a puppet show....

Yes, Creedpit is very dramatic and lacking intelligence at times, but I was merely passing on some news. I have no idea whether they will show or not and was simply throwing some new information out there!!! I certainly did not mean to imply that everything you hear from the pit is gold. :rolleyes:
Actually my post wasn't about Creedpit at all other than to confirm a couple of things. :rockon:

whocares
08-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Your absolutely right. Sorry about that....thats just me being me I guess...I just read creedpit and wanted to hurl...Ive been their 2 times and it made me blah...dancing bananas and how hot scott is and scott pictures of the day and was just a bit overwhelming...sorry about that...Im sure youve heard the saying "dont shoot the messenger"

Dogstar
08-20-2003, 03:36 AM
Yeah, the Pit is definitely overwhelming. It's a visual overload. I have so much trouble wading through all the huge pictures and avatars and gigantic signatures, that I get lost and can't find people's posts half the time. Plus, no offense to the Pitters who post here, but it's just too negative and nasty over there sometimes. This board is much easier on the eyes :D.

njcreedite
08-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Been to the Pit myself many times.....can be an interesting place to visit, but not a place I spend much time. Much homier over here. :D

JenRN
08-20-2003, 09:11 PM
I agree it is homey here;) Really I think it is much easier to get around here. We also seem to be able to talk about several different things, not just about the band and the pic of the day!

Julbright
08-21-2003, 08:32 AM
I can't handle the Pit - all the colors alone make me crazy - I love it here. I did see on the Pit however that they boys are now not appearing in Tampa. That sucks - I almost had my husband convinced to let me go.

Rain
08-21-2003, 10:11 AM
The people that post here..do tend to be nicer than pitters, I agree :)

marlsy
08-21-2003, 11:44 AM
yeah I don't post at the pit, there are so many people your post seems to get lost or just ignored LOL It is interesting to visit every so often, and sorry but I ENJOY Scott Pic of the day!!!!! How could you NOT???? I really like rain's site, it's much nicer and friendlier and less people so it's nice!! :D

VillageWolf
08-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Dont you know it Rain... hehe. Poor Rainykins. I still wuv you.

The girls and I were talking last night about if the Pit and VH1 were to get into a fight who would win. It would be like Freddy Vs. Jason. We had a good laugh over that.
Are you coming to the anniversary chat Rain? Im really hoping to get back the old regulars and possibly get those sleeping newbies talking. You know you get well over 30 new members and they dont even make a peep! (well, except for someone who wanted to make rude comments)

TTYL and Rock on my Creed friend

Jez
08-21-2003, 06:00 PM
I'm nice and I post at the pit :) ....not as often as I used to, but I still do. I have quite a few friends there that are honest to goodness good people IRL...
Like someone said, there are so many people that post there on a regular basis, that it may seem like your posts get ignored, but more often than not, I witness pitters noticing new names up at the top of the bb and starting a thread to welcome them.

I think that this may be the case at ANY message board you go to. People start to see your name the more often that you post, and then get used to you....hopefully eventually accepting you.
I've been reading this bb for about 9 months now, posted a handful of times over that period, and no one ever said they were glad to see me, but then that's just what I expected being new...no biggie.....and it doesn't change the fact that I think you've got a pretty good thing going here.
Anyway...nice to be here, and I'd like to stay if you'll have me :)

Dogstar
08-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Absolutely, Jez...Welcome aboard...I don't doubt there are nice people, but there seems to be more fighting and competition over there, that's all. Plus, graphically, I just get lost...Sensory overload :D...Did you post here under another name before? I don't recognize this one.

hotforscott
08-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Welcome aboard, Jez!

Jez
08-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks, Dogstar....
Yeah, I'm seeing that alot of people don't care for the 'business' of the pit. I like the emoties, and I find that creating my own graphics is very creatively satisfying, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. To each their own :)
I don't post quite as much there anymore because of the 'competition' as you say, and the never-ending barrage of 'Lust threads'....

Yes, I think that I have posted about 20 times here under a different name, which I changed because I didn't like the screen name's implication of shallowness on my part. No offense to anyone elses choice of sn, of course ;)
I use this name or a variation of it on most of the boards that I frequent now.

speaking of graphics, how do I add a custom avatar under my name?

eta: my gut tells me that the boys will still be attending the awards in Tampa regardless of what news we've heard :D
jez : )

Dogstar
08-21-2003, 06:25 PM
LOL, we try to keep the lust threads all in one place...Re: the custom avatar...Go under your user cp and there is a section for putting in your own avatar. I think the limit is 65x65 pixels or something...It's been a while since I changed mine. I only use ones I find online. Not sure how to put your own in there...You can PM steve (the administrator) and he can probably help you out better.

Jez
08-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the advice :)

Sheila63
08-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Welcome to CreedFeed, Jez!!:newbie: I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

I'll admit I go over to the Pit and check out the daily thread with the pics of Scott. So you're not the only one here who likes that thread, marlsy.;)

Aimee
08-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Hey Jez, I always ask this question, how did you come up with your nae? Everytime I read it I think about the story my tour guide told me in New Orleans...
The "red light" district of New Orleans (where prostituion was legal) the girls were called Jezebels, and that was shortened to just "jez" They had dance halls where peole would come to get drunk and dance to the piano and geetars. The piano players started to play a blend of cacophony and melody that the partiers loved to cabaret to. So, it turned out that every time someone walked down the street and heard the crazy "new" music, they'd say, "There's them boys playing that Jez music again." When this new sound became official, it into the new name, "Jazz."

njcreedite
08-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Aimee
<b>Hey Jez, I always ask this question, how did you come up with your nae? Everytime I read it I think about the story my tour guide told me in New Orleans...
The "red light" district of New Orleans (where prostituion was legal) the girls were called Jezebels, and that was shortened to just "jez" They had dance halls where peole would come to get drunk and dance to the piano and geetars. The piano players started to play a blend of cacophony and melody that the partiers loved to cabaret to. So, it turned out that every time someone walked down the street and heard the crazy "new" music, they'd say, "There's them boys playing that Jez music again." When this new sound became official, it into the new name, "Jazz." </b>
WOW. Cool story.:cool: Thanks for the info. Aimee.
:dancing:

TeriB19
08-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Well, with thanks to the Pit, here's an update:

Crystal Reel Awards rescheduled -- again
The annual Crystal Reel Awards, scheduled to take place over Labor Day weekend, have been rescheduled yet again due to a series of ongoing challenges.

Problems began when the awards were first rescheduled due to construction issues associated with the marquee at the Historic Tampa Theatre. The only dates available for rescheduling were over Labor Day weekend.

Just days prior to the rescheduled event, three major sponsors failed to meet critical commitments that were necessary components to accomplish the production.

In addition, the organization that promised to donate the use of a private jet to transport celebrities from Los Angeles to Tampa pulled out of the deal at the last minute, according to officials associated with the awards presentation.

The combination of these issues led to a discussion between Dream Launcher Studios executive producers and the Florida Motion Picture & Television Association that resulted in a mutual agreement to reschedule the awards to ensure a high-quality show.

DLS now is working with the Tampa Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau to find another home for the event this fall.

All tickets for the Crystal Reel Awards will automatically be rolled over to the new dates.

The annual Crystal Reel Awards, sponsored by FMPTA, honor outstanding achievement in the motion picture, television, recording and digital media industries in the state of Florida.

Sheila63
08-31-2003, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the update, Teri.:)

katzthatsme
08-31-2003, 04:17 PM
it would help me if i lived in florida but its good 2 know they r doin smthin

facelessman
08-31-2003, 09:48 PM
yeah it is

katzthatsme
09-01-2003, 08:59 AM
but it would also make me more impatient