Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
To Whom it May Concern was asked, now what's Bullets mean? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : To Whom it May Concern was asked, now what's Bullets mean?

Torn Signs
08-04-2003, 12:35 PM
Is it some sort of a respect song or is it about false hope??:confused:

ZION1010
08-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Every bodeys outlook on a song is diffrent i see things and hear things from the eye of a jesus and ear of god no satan has no hope to me hes just an Illusion bullets is to me telling satan to bring it on no weapon on gods anonited shall prosper

Torn Signs
08-04-2003, 01:06 PM
that's a cool way to answer, i can partially agree, what do u others think?

DangerousDan85
08-04-2003, 01:08 PM
it's about people (critics, other bands) saying bad things about the band, behind their backs, instead of saying it to their face

"atleast look at me when you shoot a bullet through my head"

which basically means

"if you're gonna say something, say it to my face"

it's similar to "What If" in that respect

Marty
08-04-2003, 04:40 PM
Same opinion as Dan. :)
________
Blondelicious (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Blondelicious/)

Julbright
08-04-2003, 04:47 PM
I also agree with Dan - it is about other bands and media and such saying bad things about the band. It is a song about jealousy and gossip. There might be some religious inferences in there like those who engage in these sins live with all that's dead - in other words will miss out on eternity because of their sinful nature - but I really think it is just how Scott words things sometimes too. The bigger picture is the mouthy people -

Sheila63
08-04-2003, 06:35 PM
Yes, you and Dan are right, Julbright. That's how I've always interpreted the song too.

hotforscott
08-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Me, too.

TeriB19
08-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Ditto! Welcome to Creedfeed Julbright!

facelessman
08-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Julbright's a newbie!:newbie:
welcome to creedfeed youll love it here

facelessman
08-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
<b>it's about people (critics, other bands) saying bad things about the band, behind their backs, instead of saying it to their face

"atleast look at me when you shoot a bullet through my head"

which basically means &nbsp;

"if you're gonna say something, say it to my face"

it's similar to "What If" in that respect </b>
i totally agree

Julbright
08-05-2003, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been dancing around these threads for a few months now but don't usually have time to participate! It is nice to be "around" others who share my love for Creed - my family is about sick of it!!! :)

:stapp: Scott Stapp is my favorite - for many reasons that I am sure you all already know -

Thanks again for the welcome!

Torn Signs
08-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Julbright
<b>Thanks for the warm welcome! &nbsp;I have been dancing around these threads for a few months now but don't usually have time to participate! &nbsp;It is nice to be "around" others who share my love for Creed - my family is about sick of it!!! :) &nbsp;

:stapp: Scott Stapp is my favorite - for many reasons that I am sure you all already know -

Thanks again for the welcome! </b>

Hi, and your family is sick of it? Try mine...Creed rules and that's the bottom line!:bounce: :dancing:

Leader of Men
08-05-2003, 12:05 PM
I would have to say Bullets (Judging by "I think they shoot cuz they want it") is about people insulting Creed because they are jealous of them.

mysacrifice411
08-05-2003, 02:07 PM
I agree with all of your interpretations, and think they provide great insight. One thing about Stapp's lyrics, though, is most of the time they can be seen in more than one light, from many perspectives.

What I think Bullets really is about goes along with what all of you have been saying. To me, I don't apply it to just the band's situation and people dissing on them, although that is probably what the song was written for. I think it's about judgment in general. Way too many times (especially with teenagers) people are judged harshly, long before the one passing judgment gets to know who they're judging. So, in essence, they "shoot a bullet" through their head without even really looking at them for who they truly are.

Welcome to the forum, Julbright. I'm kinda new, too. Believe me, these guys are great!!!

Sheila63
08-05-2003, 02:31 PM
I think you're interpretation is very true, mysacrifice. It's a song that can apply to anyone who feels they're being judged unfairly.

Welcome to the bb, Julbright and Torn Signs.:D I hope you enjoy it here.

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Ditto! I've always thought of Bullets as being that way. It can just about fit anyone who feels that someone is being cruel or unfair to them in one way or another. Letting them know. Say it to me and not behind my back!

Welcome to the board guys. Everyone is really awesome here!:)

facelessman
08-06-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Julbright
<b>Thanks for the warm welcome! &nbsp;I have been dancing around these threads for a few months now but don't usually have time to participate! &nbsp;It is nice to be "around" others who share my love for Creed - my family is about sick of it!!! :) &nbsp;

Thanks again for the welcome! </b>
MY family know that im in love with Creed, and they buy me Creed stuff and thinks like that. its cool:P
my favorite is Mark:tremonti:

Julbright
08-06-2003, 07:41 AM
My family does buy me Creed stuff and all but I think my 14 year old is getting tired of his CD's getting ejected in lieu of my Creed choice of the day every time we get in the car etc. And with Scott's birthday coming up this week I am getting a lot of grief about it being written on the family calendar. Overall they are supportive but it is just stuff likethat!

Kim V.
08-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the bb, guys!! It's a fun place with lots of cool people who share a love of a great band!!

I agree with the interpretation given for Bullets that said it's about those who don't give the band a fair chance, and when they diss them they do it behind their backs, not to their faces. Also the line 'I think they shoot 'cause they want it!' refers to those who are jealous, and don't have that life-giving spirit that Creed has. "Those who hide behind the shadows live with all that's dead", the same concept; they don't have the light and are really dead in spirit.

faceless kiwi
08-31-2003, 10:55 PM
Yeah the first time i heard this song, it reminded me of what if.

I see it the same as what if, a song for the critics, and anybody he judges you without a leg to stand on.

'At least look at me when you shoot a bullet through my head.'
If you are goin to dis me, at least be man enough to say it to my face, instead of being a coward and stabbing me in the back.

The whole song stapp is basically saying its a jealousy factor.

'I think they shoot coz they want it.'
People dis you because they are jeolous of you. They want what youve got.

'In my lifetime when im disgraced, jelousy and lies, i laugh aloud coz my life has gotten inside someone elses mind.'
Again the jelously thing, hes saying when people bring him down, he laughs coz they must be jealous to be thinkin about him so much, and finding a way to break him all the time, his life has gotten into their minds.

Thats how i see the song.

katzthatsme
09-01-2003, 09:09 AM
buletts iis about words, bullets are symbolic for words and i thinkit has something 2 do wiith wut fred durst did

Oluf
09-02-2003, 10:17 AM
"I laugh aloud ‘cause my life
Has gotten inside someone else’s mind"

as said before i think its about other people wanting what others got....

katzthatsme
09-02-2003, 03:25 PM
ok i guess but he says wut i said