Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
My First Poem [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : My First Poem

Sheila63
07-17-2003, 05:26 PM
All of you here in the Creative Corner have inspired me to start writing some poetry. So here it is -

The emptiness
seeps deep
into my soul.
I need to feel
some control.

The darkness
is an ever
present reminder
of a longing
for something
more.

I want
something that's real
something I can
hold onto.

So please help
me find what I need
what I need
to find
some peace

Faith, faith is what
I need, what I
need to pull
me through

Any advice would be welcome since I'm new to this so I'm open to any suggestions, especially with form. If anyone knows of a book that would give me some tips, let me know, you can pm me. Thanks, Sheila.

hotforscott
07-17-2003, 05:32 PM
I think that was a great poem, Sheila. I really liked it. I used to write poems when I was younger, but I haven't in a long time. I may do that sometime soon, or see if I can find any I wrote before.

Leader of Men
07-17-2003, 05:32 PM
:crying: That was so touching

Sheila63
07-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks, Carrie and Eric.:)

I never wrote when I was younger but in the last year or two I've been journaling more and although I enjoy that, I felt the need to express myself in a different way the other night. So I figured I'd just give it a shot.

JulieCitySlicker
07-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Hey, Not to shabby for a first poem Shiela:P I enjoyed it very much:angel:

Sheila63
07-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Thanks, Julie.:)

HESTLA'S HONEY
07-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Hey Sheila, :)

WOW!! I really like it! I like the way you changed the form. It flows much better now!! Great first poem!! Very good emotion and sense of depth!!

Keep writing!!

I hope to read more from you!!

~Honey~;)

Sheila63
07-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Thanks, Honey! I really appreciate everyone's kind words.:D

I will definitely keep writing and I'll keep you posted on how it's going.:)

Aimee
07-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Sheila,
Well done! Very impressive first peice. Journaling is a wonderful way to clear your mind. Keep at it, and share some more whenever you're ready... We're ready to see more.

Sheila63
07-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Thanks so much Aimee.:D I've really started to enjoy writing and you're right, journaling does clear my mind. Actually I was journaling and wrote another poem. I'll post it in another thread in a few minutes.

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-22-2003, 08:20 PM
I loved your poem Sheila. I used to write alot when I was younger but now I hardly find the time. It was really beautiful. Writing can be a great purging of the soul :angel:

Sheila63
07-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Thanks so much, Kris.:) You're right, writing is a great way to get thoughts and feelings out. It's amazing how writing can be such a release!! I'm really enjoying it more and more. It's something I wish I had more time to do.